Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

State of the Union Address

Posted by deegee 
State of the Union Address
January 21, 2015
Did anyone watch Obama's SOTU address last night? As a CFer, I became annoyed at the mention of paid maternity leave and the greater mention of expanded federal support for child care. More pandering to the breeders, of course, and who do you think is going to pay for these benefits? The CF, of course. Any money spend by companies or government for these benefits will be money which doesn't help the CF and will be paid by the CF who cannot gain from these benefits. Why does Obama, whom I generally like and agree with, feel that breeders are somehow entitled to these things when they made the choice to have kids? ANYONE can set their child care expenses to ZERO by simply forgoing kids.

"If you can't feed 'em, don't breed 'em" is my response to these proposals. Breeders already receive so many subsidies at the expense of CFers, especially in the tax code through tax credits and deductions, as well as school taxes paid by CFers which never take into account the number, if any, kids a household sends to the local schools. Now they want more subsidies?
Re: State of the Union Address
January 21, 2015
I was too busy laughing at John Bohner's expressions ^_^. But yes I did hear that
too. Obama is a breeder himself and frankly this is nothing more than posturing. Election season is coming up and what better way to ensure one party stays in power than to promise ridiculous bonuses only for them to be voted down by both sides and pin the blame on the other party? Sheeple will not be concerned with the details of who voted it down or why, they'll just know they were denied a benefit by (insert favorite boogyman here) and therefore should vote for the party that promised them said benefit since they are working sooooo haaaaard for them. Granted I voted for Obama and feel that most Republicans couldn't find their own ass with a sign on it, both hands and a map....but this is a tired old tactic that gets trotted out every election and its BS.
January 21, 2015
deegee
Why does Obama, whom I generally like and agree with, feel that breeders are somehow entitled to these things when they made the choice to have kids? ANYONE can set their child care expenses to ZERO by simply forgoing kids.

He feels this way because he is a breeder.

Breeders are all the same, no matter their race or religion. I really don't think they are as intelligent as we are. There is something missing mentally...a mental chasm with all breeders.

``````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````
"I have found little that is 'good' about human beings on the whole. In my experience most of them are trash, no matter whether they publicly subscribe to this or that ethical doctrine or to none at all."
~Sigmund Freud
January 21, 2015
That's Obama for ya. "Free" Social Security,"Free" Medicare, "Free" Child Care, "Free" Community College, hell... FREE EVERYTHING!

Translation: If you work for a living, you're going to have to pay for this shit which benefits just about everyone else but you.

Is child care too expensive? I don't know. There's a lot of expensive stuff in life, isn't there? And you know what I do when something is too expensive? I don't buy it, because I can't afford it. We need to get away from this stupid and misleading idea that people have some sort of inalienable "right" to have children at everyone else's expense. That "right" simply does not exist.
January 21, 2015
Here's the thing: I get why new parents would need time off from work after sprogging to take care of the chyld and all that shit; hopefully they'll be PNBs, but I digress... But what about paid time off for the CF as well? For everybody? That way the expense is spread across all of the workforce, and all of the workforce benefits? Say every worker got 4 months of paid time off every 5 years, and you could use it for *whatever* you wanted, including shitting out a loaf. The CF could take a sabbatical and go to that ashram in India to study yoga. So breeders would have to time their loaves to coincide with earning their time off. No shitting loaves one after another and expecting to take 4 months off every year because you can't keep that gaping hole closed. It might actually reduce the fucking population!! But I doubt it. And then the breeders would complain because they want their ashram sabbatical too!
January 21, 2015
The Onion - State of the Onion Address:

http://www.theonion.com/video/the-state-of-the-union-is-strong-says-man-responsi,31276/

I think 'care givers' were included in some way. Not sure, I didn't watch it. And only scan read some of the articles about it.

I am a biz person, I really have no idea how to fix the economy. Oh, top (grad) school also - the one President Obama used to teach at. As someone else once said about this - 'I felt stupider coming out then I did going in'. Yes.

Not that I'm dissing the place, or myself, or Barry, it's all awfully complex though.

IMO Big Biz must be forced to pay more tax. Oh, but they'll LEAVE! Fine, let 'em go. And if they want to sell to the US - overhaul the import tariffs. You want the tax perks of operating a nominally US biz but most is done off shore? - You should be treated as an importer and taxed more. And taxes on all imports should be increased.

How about all this poorly made crap coming in? Up the tariffs. Restrict some of the trade.

Biz will not be attracted back to the US unless this is made more financially attractive. Which includes making offshoring too expensive. The anti trust laws, including what scant deal with vertical integration, need to be revised also.

And I will shut up now because I have to worry about all this for work purposes. And I'm just buying and selling raw materials. Everything affects the markets, you have to watch it all.

If Business wants consumers how about Business - pays for them?

Yes, they do shuffle the load onto 'the little guy', yes 'we' wind up paying - which IMO we should stop bickering among ourselves and point the fingers at the roots of the problem which are skewed tax rates and trade imbalances which favor big biz.

But, again, I really don't know. I'm just a "working stiff". Yes, I have the MBA from Swanky School. I think this did harm mah branes ~
January 22, 2015
Zzelda
I think 'care givers' were included in some way. Not sure, I didn't watch it. And only scan read some of the articles about it.

I am a biz person, I really have no idea how to fix the economy. Oh, top (grad) school also - the one President Obama used to teach at. As someone else once said about this - 'I felt stupider coming out then I did going in'. Yes.

But, again, I really don't know. I'm just a "working stiff". Yes, I have the MBA from Swanky School. I think this did harm mah branes ~

Maybe because your business courses were like the ones I had: People complaining about their jobs in class, Professors having outbursts and just giving their opinion (no, that's not on the test), awful group projects, and as I said, a lot of complaining.

To think parents still pay $100,000 a year for their son or daughter to have that.....
January 23, 2015
I have said before and I will say it again. While left may just be somewhat more supportive of CF rights, when it comes to breeder pandering, left and right both do it.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login