Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

"I'm Not Pregnant, It's Just My Belly"

Posted by LucyTrainWreck 
"I'm Not Pregnant, It's Just My Belly"
January 21, 2015
Summary: Fit, slim yoga instructor goes on vacation to the shore. Some random dumbass thinks she's preggo because she has, like, natural curvature of the human body. Can't a woman just indulge on Boardwalk Fries and donuts for a week without people worrying about a baby bump? Oh wait, this is America in the 21st century, where too many people are pregnancy-obsessed. I also forgot that women's bodies should always be subject to strangers' comments! /sarcasm off.

LINK

slightly nicer reply: It's called fat.

Love the looks on people's faces. Priceless.
Re: "I'm Not Pregnant, It's Just My Belly"
January 24, 2015
I have a stomach, and had someone make some comment to me one day about being knocked up. It's incredibly rude and prying. I was too taken aback at the time to be able to come up with a good response. Have thought about it, and if anyone makes such a comment again, I'm going to tell them that I really don't want to talk about it, that it's too soon after the miscarriage, and see what sort of reaction I get. devil with smile
Anonymous User
January 25, 2015
Firstly, the society is becoming more preggo-obsessed by the day. And secondly, many people believe it's within their domain to comment on a woman's body/appearance. Both these issues need to be addressed. ASAP.
Sorry if I'm being a jerk for not being able to, you know, 'take compliments nicely', maybe it's just me, but I hate any type of comnentry on my body or appeance.
angrily flogging with a whip
January 26, 2015
^Indeed. No matter whether I gain or lose weight, it's apparently everyone else's business. It's not like you could try to justify it by saying they care about my health either, since although my weight has gone back-and-forth from thin to borderline chubby, I've never been overweight or underweight. But people felt they had the right to comment, and it's almost always a negative comment.

Btw, my best friend falls in the obese category and it's pretty much all in her abdomen. She doesn't get the "preggo question" often, but she does have an almost guaranteed seat in public transport.

I don't have low self-esteem. That's a mistake. I have low esteem for everyone else.
-Daria

January 26, 2015
I take advantage of occasional bloat by stealing the preggo parking at the store.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
From a bottle cap message on a Magic Hat #9 beer: Condoms Prevent Minivans
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I want to pick up a bus full of unruly kids and feed them gummi bears and crack, then turn them loose in Hobby Lobby to ransack the place. They will all be wearing T shirts that say "You Could Have Prevented This."
January 26, 2015
Commentary on women's bodies is an annoyance for me too !

Occasionally, I have shown body parity by offering an equally offensive comment about the nearest male.
People really do not like that, but women's bodies are totally allowed to be criticized.

The small town that I grew up in 40-50 years ago, was really bad for negative comments about women's bodies.
January 26, 2015
It pisses me off that much of the discussion about standards for women's bodies has been monopolized by breeders. It's not OK to make fun of saggy-titted, unshowered, stretch-mark riddled mooooooos (even in private settings like this one) because they used their bodies to CREATE LYFE!!!11 smile rolling left righteyes2 Yet few seem to care about inappropriate comments directed toward the bodies of unchilded women.
January 26, 2015
What has happened to manners? I was taught that you do not comment on another's pregnancy, even if they are 8 1/2 months until woman brought it up. Even congratulations could be offensive to a woman who is carrying a baby with something wrong with it. The rule I was raised with is the only time you discuss pignancy is when the woman brings it up. If you are good friends and the pregnancy is announced, it was fine ask how she was feeling, how things were going, etc. but asking intimate questions or commenting on total strangers bodies is just rude!
January 26, 2015
Gee. Growing up I never would have thought to make a comment like that to a stranger.

I was brought up with something called manners.
January 26, 2015
evilchildlessbitch
What has happened to manners? I was taught that you do not comment on another's pregnancy, even if they are 8 1/2 months until woman brought it up. Even congratulations could be offensive to a woman who is carrying a baby with something wrong with it. The rule I was raised with is the only time you discuss pignancy is when the woman brings it up. If you are good friends and the pregnancy is announced, it was fine ask how she was feeling, how things were going, etc. but asking intimate questions or commenting on total strangers bodies is just ride!
Same with me. Asking about pregnancy always seemed to come off as a bit intrusive, especially as it is up to the woman to tell.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login