Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Another Moo Lawyer Ready To Screw You Over

Another Moo Lawyer Ready To Screw You Over
January 21, 2015
http://abovethelaw.com/2014/10/judge-refuses-to-postpone-hearing-because-maternity-leave-isnt-a-good-enough-excuse/2/?show=comments#comments

The salient points:

1.) Two poor immigrant kids and their mother scrape together the funds to hire moo lawyer. She takes the case knowing full well that their hearing was scheduled during her moo leave.

2.) When the time comes, she files a continuance, which is pretty much a postponement (keep in mind, poor immigrants who don't have the money for things to drag on), because she's on moo leave.

3.) Judge denies continuance, citing that moo leave is not a good enough excuse.

4.) Moo plays martyr and brings a less than 6-week old infant to court and judge slams her for her unprofessionalism.

5.) Moo whines that both her and her husband's families live out of state, they just moved to Georgia months ago, her husband is a truck driver in Iowa, and daycares don't take babies under 6 weeks, so what was she supposed to do?

6.) People cry sexism and the moo card.

Most of the comments are predictably on the Moo's side, but a fair few talk some sense. Nobody points out that this woman had a 40-week gestational period to make contingency plans: pass it onto another lawyer or go through the vetting process of finding a trustworthy babysitter or nanny (something she's going to need anyway given that her husband will be gone so much due to his job). None of this would have happened if she just fucking planned. I'm so bloody freaking tired of moos whinging about people supposedly being unfair because for some unfathomable reason, nobody expects breeders to plan children.

Not to mention, it's really kind of shitty to take on a case you knew you were going to postpone for a couple of immigrant kids that had to take a long time to find the money to hire you in the first place. And the only planning you've done was to plan to drag it out because you've sluiced?

------------------------------------------------------------
"Why children take so long to grow? They eat and drink like pig and give nothing back. Must find way to accelerate process..."
- Dr. Yi Suchong, Bioshock

"Society does not need more children; but it does need more loved children. Quite literally, we cannot afford unloved children - but we pay heavily for them every day. There should not be the slightest communal concern when a woman elects to destroy the life of her thousandth-of-an-ounce embryo. But all society should rise up in alarm when it hears that a baby that is not wanted is about to be born."
- Garrett Hardin

"I feel like there's a message involved here somehow, but then I couldn't stop laughing at all the plotholes, like the part when North Korea has food."
- Youtube commentor referring to a North Korean cartoon.

"Reality is a bitch when it slowly crawls out of your vagina and shits in your lap."
- Reddit comment

"Bitch wants a baby, so we're gonna fuck now. #bareback"
- Cambion

Oh whatever. Abortion doctors are crimestoppers."
- Miss Hannigan
Re: Another Moo Lawyer Ready To Screw You Over
January 22, 2015
No, this doesn't surprise me one bit. Most moos think the world stops the second sperm meets egg and everyone else is there to serve the needs of the almighty Moo.
January 22, 2015
Not surprised at all, moo had several weeks to plan and knew the hearing date was already set. If moo understood the concept of planning, she probably wouldn't be a moo.

I really feel sorry for the clients, they probably spent their last dollar hiring moo attorney and now they're in a world of hurt. Immigration law is very difficult and confusing even for the best in the field. Having this attorney won't help them. She'll probably try to be hero moo fighting for moo rights instead of helping her clients.
January 23, 2015
What a shitty attorney. I can say that because I am an attorney. Any immigration lawyer worth his/her salt understands the constraints that generally exist for their clients. She's there to work for her clients - but instead complicates what seems to be an already stressful and potentially dire situation for them. Moreover, I don't understand how she even became an attorney when she clearly doesn't understand basic planning. So much of lawyering involved effective planning - it's ingrained to the point that I can't imagine she couldn't anticipate this.
January 23, 2015
The world simply revolves around moos. This article is just a case and point.
January 24, 2015
brattymcpants
What a shitty attorney. I can say that because I am an attorney. Any immigration lawyer worth his/her salt understands the constraints that generally exist for their clients. She's there to work for her clients - but instead complicates what seems to be an already stressful and potentially dire situation for them. Moreover, I don't understand how she even became an attorney when she clearly doesn't understand basic planning. So much of lawyering involved effective planning - it's ingrained to the point that I can't imagine she couldn't anticipate this.

^^^ She wanted the money for kindercrap, her clients be damned.

“I was talking about children that have not been properly house-trained. Left to their own impulses and indulged by doting or careless parents almost all children are yahoos. Loud, selfish, cruel, unaffectionate, jealous, perpetually striving for attention, empty-headed, for ever prating or if words fail them simply bawling, their voices grown huge from daily practice: the very worst company in the world. But what I dislike even more than the natural child is the affected child, the hulking oaf of seven or eight that skips heavily about with her hands dangling in front of her -- a little squirrel or bunny-rabbit -- and prattling away in a baby's voice.”

― Patrick O'Brian, The Truelove

lib'-er-ty: the freedom given to you to make the wrong decision, based on the reasoned belief that you will normally make the right one.
January 24, 2015
I may be wrong, but I don't think moo gets paid unless she actually does work.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login