Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

I posted on a support forum for abusive parents, breeder/ femoonist comes to tell me off.

Posted by seamstress 
I posted on a forum looking for support. Tomorrow, I'm sneaking out while my parents are at work to go and try and get an IUD at planned parenthood. I've researched every possible thing, saved up for it, found cabs to take- everything I can control. I'm just super worried because the reprocussions of getting caught would be HUGE. So I made a post about that.

A person who works at a women's health clinic is giving me some details, and I mention my worry that maybe my uterus would be too small. I said, "I've never had kids (and I never will), so no stretched-out junk. I've never been to a GYN before, so I have no clue. But that's one of the only worries I have left."

I didn't think that was too rude of me, but some other lady shows up to say nothing but, "Vaginas are made to stretch and go back to normal after childbirth. The idea that it will permanently ruin you is bs."

I' pretty certain that she is wrong. You don't pass a bowling ball and remain unchanged. There are many changes which occur to the skin, muscles separate, hair is lost- yes sometimes permanently. And when terms like "third-degree tear," "fistula," and "episotomy" exist, her claim is simply incorrect.

Maybe this is just me venting because there is nowhere else I can do that.

I thought that board was for support, but every time I show my childfreedom, I get seriously put down for it. WTF?
Yeah, they loooove to say that.

It's a lie.
A big stinker, much like the fecal incontinence that can happen even if they have the loaf removed through slice'n'dice.

And if they "go back to normal" then why is the rate of ^ that happening more after the first one?

They don't want to feel like damaged goods is all. But :bedmadelie

Good luck with your IUD. :beer

For vaginal birth millage may vary.My mom said she went back to normal.
shy lurker
That's great news. smiling Your reproductive choices are none of your parents business. After all they can't make you take it out, right?

That is absolutely true, but I only need to hide it until Sunday. I'm trying to get paraguard more for the peace of mind it will give me. Even if I run into financial trouble, I've got years for birth control. After I get back to college (no car of my own) I am going to try and leave the pieces of shit who raised me for good.
seamstress, glad that you're grabbing control like this. It's absolutely your body and your future, and it'll be one less damn thing to worry about when you're back in school. Excellent planning! Hope the IUD procedure goes smoothly and with minimal discomfort.

Probably no point in trying to reason with Miss Super-elastic Vag. There's a good chance that hers didn't just "snap back". From what I've gathered, that can happen, but it varies depending on the woman's build, size of baby, the baby's position during birth, and the delivery position of the mother. And I'm sure that the husband of Miss Super-Elastic Vag isn't gonna let on that she didn't just "snap back"...not if he has any sort of diplomacy or tact. Or if he ever wants to get laid again.
Maybe Miss Super Elastic heard that from the Reverend Jerry Falwell, who once said that "women's bodies were designed by God for bearing children." and the one video about "an anus is not a vagina, a woman can give birth and it all goes back" but what do I know, I am just so glad once again that I am a guy.
Whether it is true or not is irrelevant, it has nothing to do with your question. Unless she offered you some useful advice, she just wanted to contradict you and offer nothing of value to you.

I do believe insertions can be more difficult for women without children, or more painful. There are plenty of things posted to that effect, and for a long time, IUDs were not considered an option for women without children. But now they are a fairly common contraceptive choice, so I am sure the doctors will have experience dealing with women in your situation. I would simply mention this to them, and perhaps they will handle your case slightly differently, for instance by offering more pain relief.
This may have been the case once upon a time with smaller 6-7 pound babies, but today people are squeezing out Mini Cooper sided kids.

And having worked with mostly men who like to bitch...I can confirm that 99 percent of the time they do NOT go back to normal.

As for the IUD if I am not mistaken it is the size of the cervix that makes thing more painful for the nulliparous women. Good luck.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
From a bottle cap message on a Magic Hat #9 beer: Condoms Prevent Minivans
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I want to pick up a bus full of unruly kids and feed them gummi bears and crack, then turn them loose in Hobby Lobby to ransack the place. They will all be wearing T shirts that say "You Could Have Prevented This."
Would diva cup make two sizes if it "snapped back"?
Would there be quite such a range of tampon sizes if it just "snapped back"?

I don't believe em for a second. Sure there are freak physical specimens out there, a few of which probably do snap back to virtually the former condition, but I don't think your average moo does by a long shot.
I think they've all just convinced themselves that their current state WAS their previous state. Placenta brain, and all that, just plain forgot, perhaps intentionally.
Why wouldn't your parents be ok with you getting an IUD?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
What is a home without children? Quiet. ~Henny Youngman

I don't want people who want to dance, I want people who have to dance. ~George Balanchine

"I took the batteries out of my biological clock and put them in my vibrator"
I love how the lying breeders want to act like they're made out of some unstretchable elastic-like material that hasn't even been discovered yet. Everything stretches out permanently with enough force, yo. And there's a fair bit of force via pushing out a baby through a tunnel of soft tissue. When you have only a 9.6% chance of NOT ripping in some degree, you're not bouncing back and as tight as a scared virgin on prom night.

------------------------------------------------------------
"Why children take so long to grow? They eat and drink like pig and give nothing back. Must find way to accelerate process..."
- Dr. Yi Suchong, Bioshock

"Society does not need more children; but it does need more loved children. Quite literally, we cannot afford unloved children - but we pay heavily for them every day. There should not be the slightest communal concern when a woman elects to destroy the life of her thousandth-of-an-ounce embryo. But all society should rise up in alarm when it hears that a baby that is not wanted is about to be born."
- Garrett Hardin

"I feel like there's a message involved here somehow, but then I couldn't stop laughing at all the plotholes, like the part when North Korea has food."
- Youtube commentor referring to a North Korean cartoon.

"Reality is a bitch when it slowly crawls out of your vagina and shits in your lap."
- Reddit comment

"Bitch wants a baby, so we're gonna fuck now. #bareback"
- Cambion

Oh whatever. Abortion doctors are crimestoppers."
- Miss Hannigan
It's just another way of perpetuating the lie of moohood. Oh no, your vag doesn't get bigger! Moo-hood is the best thing that evarr happened to me! I lurrrvve my baybee more than anything in the worrrlld!111!!!

The fact that she got so defensive at the mere mention of enlarged moo vaginas makes me think she has a gaping vasshole down there. bouncing and laughing
paragon schnitzophonic
I love how the lying breeders want to act like they're made out of some unstretchable elastic-like material that hasn't even been discovered yet. Everything stretches out permanently with enough force, yo. And there's a fair bit of force via pushing out a baby through a tunnel of soft tissue. When you have only a 9.6% chance of NOT ripping in some degree, you're not bouncing back and as tight as a scared virgin on prom night.

The only way I think they could achieve that effect would be if they developed vaginismus from the trauma of childbirth.
seamstress
Maybe this is just me venting because there is nowhere else I can do that.

I thought that board was for support, but every time I show my childfreedom, I get seriously put down for it. WTF?

These people just aren't comfortable, maybe even afraid of, someone who chooses differently from what they have chosen. I've found that in many areas of life, not just childfreedom. Just stay true to yourself, and you'll be OK.

Also, I hope everything goes well for you with your procedure.

Good luck.
Success! I got the IUD and got back before my parents came back from work. (They're radical tea-party conservatives, so they have a huge problem with planned parenthood, birth control, and sex in general.) I'm all crampy now, though, so I'm going to take it easy or the rest of today.
Hooray! Good for you!

I'm sorry you have to sneak around, I am all too familiar with that situation with parents though.
Much sympathy from me for both the parents and the cramps. I hope you feel better soon!

Congratulations on successful sneaky plans execution! grinning smiley
Yay, seamstress!

Happy IUD Day to you!
:partay :beer

Hope your recovery is smooth.
Glad all went well! I tried to have the hormonal IUD inserted and my cervix wouldn't dilate enough to insert it, even with medication. Whoever said the problem isn't the size of the uterus or the vagina, but getting the cervix dilated enough is right on.
Thank you guys for the support!

I am feeling nasty and crampy right now. It's supposed to be like this for a day or two, I think. Maybe more. The doctor told me to abstain a week so that I don't get an infection, but that's not a problem because I'm in the middle of nowhere at my parents' house and also not in a relationship...sortof. But not in a relationship. Mostly, I'm not looking forward to acting like I feel fine and perfect and keep up the act of an obedient and polite daughter until Sunday when I feel shitty. That's not going to be fun.

Presto
Hooray! Good for you!

I'm sorry you have to sneak around, I am all too familiar with that situation with parents though.
Much sympathy from me for both the parents and the cramps. I hope you feel better soon!

Congratulations on successful sneaky plans execution! big grin

Thank you! I've read your posts about your background. It really sucks that you had to survive all that.

This is the biggest sneaky plan I've ever successfully executed! Yay! I am really super proud about getting my uterus jewelry!
Congratulation. You have showed an incredible amount of foresight, maturity and general brain in getting a IUD. Kudos to you.

I am sorry you are feeling poorly sad smiley Hopefully it will pass soon. Perhaps lying and saying you got the flu would help?

“I was talking about children that have not been properly house-trained. Left to their own impulses and indulged by doting or careless parents almost all children are yahoos. Loud, selfish, cruel, unaffectionate, jealous, perpetually striving for attention, empty-headed, for ever prating or if words fail them simply bawling, their voices grown huge from daily practice: the very worst company in the world. But what I dislike even more than the natural child is the affected child, the hulking oaf of seven or eight that skips heavily about with her hands dangling in front of her -- a little squirrel or bunny-rabbit -- and prattling away in a baby's voice.”

― Patrick O'Brian, The Truelove

lib'-er-ty: the freedom given to you to make the wrong decision, based on the reasoned belief that you will normally make the right one.
Was the insertion painful?

There's no point in reasoning with this cow. You made a casual remark and she had to comment on it because she's a defensive Moo. IUD insertion can be more difficult in a nullipara woman because of the dilation process and because a nullipara woman has never had a uterine passenger so rejection is a possibility.

It's a medical fact. I personally could NEVER be dilated without being knocked out so I was obviously not a candidate for the IUD.

It's bullshit that everything snaps right back. Case in point: we've had a few newbies come here with the following tubal ligation plan, since getting a tubal ligation is SO FUCKING DIFFICULT, thanks to pronatalist doctors and lying Moos: lie to the doctor and tell him/her you've birthed baybees and you're happy with your family size and you want to be sterilized.

Any competent doctor can perform a simple gynecological exam and tell a woman has given birth. When an unidentified body turns up, an autopsy can detect it too because the bones and cartilage of the pelvis are permanently changed.

I just made myself throw up a little. two faces puking

Nothing changes and your vagina snaps right back? :BS

Was the insertion painful?
The insertion is not something I would ever do for recreation, for sure. Mostly it was just uncomfortable, but for the insertion on the iud itself where they held open all the muscles and prodded the top of my uterus, I had to really struggle to keep my voice normal while the doctor kept on asking if I was okay. That part was the worst of it, but still tolerable because I was very determined to get an IUD. After all of the various instruments were removed, the doctor got me a cup of water and stuck around until I felt better because I was that kind of tired/lightheaded you get from pain that has lessened but you still kinda feel it. It was just a few minutes before I could dress and leave.

It's bullshit that everything snaps right back. Case in point: we've had a few newbies come here with the following tubal ligation plan, since getting a tubal ligation is SO FUCKING DIFFICULT, thanks to pronatalist doctors and lying Moos: lie to the doctor and tell him/her you've birthed baybees and you're happy with your family size and you want to be sterilized.

Any competent doctor can perform a simple gynecological exam and tell a woman has given birth. When an unidentified body turns up, an autopsy can detect it too because the bones and cartilage of the pelvis are permanently changed.
Yep. I remember that from crime shows that I watch. Really unpleasant facts. 0_0
You are tougher than me! I am such a wuss about pain, especially in the uterus. I have cramps from your worst nightmares and I think they've traumatised me. I've even read moos who get the bad cramps say they would prefer childbirth!doh face

With the guts getting this done proves you have, you will go far in the rest of your life!thumbs upup
Congratulations!!!
Peace of mind is fantastic. I also had to sneak around my folks to get my tubal. At 22 I should not have been living there anymore, but I was laid off for a couple months. I went to stay with a friend and her mom, who were super understanding. Even the boyfriend I had at the time was against the tubal. He did not last long winking smiley
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login