Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Mum will not pay $20 and takes it to the media.

Posted by Techie 
Mum will not pay $20 and takes it to the media.
January 25, 2015
http://www.aol.com/article/2015/01/23/mom-says-she-cant-see-sons-grades-without-paying-fees/21134181/

Really? Son is in high school and I don't know about him, but when I was in high school, I had a job that paid school fees, lunches and whatever else I needed to cover costs. No, I am not defending the moo over here, but I am also looking at an able bodied young man who needs to go and earn his own money. I sure did when I was his age.

AOL
A parent of an Oak Grove High School student is upset over a fee the school is charging her, and the punishment for families who can't pay those fees...

...She says the school is charging her $20 for supplies for her son's electives...

...She says without paying this fee, her son's report cards are on hold, along with 317 other children according to her...

What a bunch of freebee minded folks... Yes, I know, every situation is different, but 317 people who do not want to pay fees, that's bullshit.
Re: Mum will not pay $20 and takes it to media.
January 25, 2015
Meanwhile, she types her outraged responses on a smartphone sarcastic clapping I bet her son has a matching one.

I do have one tiny jot of sympathy in one respect

Mullin says one of her son's teachers wrote students names on the board who haven't yet paid their fees.

I'd be pissed about that. Send a note home, make a call, there's no need to put the kid's name up and list him as a scofflaw - if that's what they really did. See paragraph below.

And note the source of the news: Fox 4. The very same station who stirred up shit by claiming that a kid was told he couldn't read his bible in school.

I bet there will be a sensible, truthy rebuttal from the school and the story will die quietly, just like the bible story.
Re: Mum will not pay $20 and takes it to media.
January 25, 2015
Dorisan
Meanwhile, she types her outraged responses on a smartphone Sarcastic I bet her son has a matching one.

Looks like an iPhone, no less. You know darn well she likely did not buy that used on eBay. You know why? That requires cash. She probably went a 0% down, 2 year contract route. Nothing wrong with that, but if one cannot pay $20 for sonny's school, what is one doing with such high end smart phone that costs close to $100/month to keep? She probably has a newer model car that she pays 19.99% interest rate on.
Re: Mum will not pay $20 and takes it to the media.
January 25, 2015
If you cannot afford $20, then the kid does not need to be in your custody. Part of the job of parenthood is financial.

``````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````
"I have found little that is 'good' about human beings on the whole. In my experience most of them are trash, no matter whether they publicly subscribe to this or that ethical doctrine or to none at all."
~Sigmund Freud
January 25, 2015
Are these electives voluntary or required? I'm guessing voluntary, because public education in the U.S. is free. So if sonny can't cough up for his clubs or activities, he shouldn't be in them.

I desperately wanted to be part of the orchistra/band when I was in school. My mom couldn't swing the rental fees on an instrument so she told me "no"! doh face
January 25, 2015
peace-n-quiet
If you cannot afford $20, then the kid does not need to be in your custody. Part of the job of parenthood is financial.

Very true, but also, if the situation is as bad as moo claims it is, the kid needs to get a job and pay for his own school expenses - $20 is not a ton of money. If not, he can shovel snow, cut grass, do landscaping, detail cars, get paid to run errands for people, do minor handyman work for people, cut firewood, make and sell birdhouses, sell his video games on eBay, whatever. Most males are very developed by the time they are in high school and are easily capable of doing the above tasks.

I did not grow up in a rich family by any means. But, by the time I was in high school, I was not asking my parents for money. What kind of useless dead weight is this "kid"? Yeah, I know, legal age and all of that, but if his mum is supposedly dealing with his sister's sickness, this guy needs to have a little of compassion and step up to the plate.

No, we will never change people who breed and what is done is done. But, why be useless and sit there and do nothing? The kid needs to pay for his own shit and learn what irresponsible breeding does and remember to not repeat his mum's mistakes. As far as I see it, this little fucker needs to be ashamed of himself. Life does not give everyone an easy path, but, at his age, he needs to be more useful. I bet he'll find more than $20 to go his homecoming or prom and that will not be a problem. I see another entitled shameless government tit sucking breeder in the making over here.
January 25, 2015
stillwaters
Are these electives voluntary or required? I'm guessing voluntary, because public education in the U.S. is free. So if sonny can't cough up for his clubs or activities, he shouldn't be in them.

I desperately wanted to be part of the orchestra/band when I was in school. My mom couldn't swing the rental fees on an instrument so she told me "no"! doh face

Article does say that courses are elective. It also says that kid is 15. Old enough to go do some work and make $20.

I took some elective vocational classes in high school and they all had fees. I lived in a not so well to do area back then and you know what? All kids had money to pay for fees and supplies and nobody was bitching. We were happy that school offered cool vocational classes and not just ordinary crap that bores people to death. Most students received life long benefits from such "elective" classes and any minor fees that we had to pay have repaid themselves countless times over. Our attitude was and is:"Thank you school district for offering us this education".

Taxpayer dollars just cover basics and I think it is only fair to have students pay for supplies for elective classes because that reduces the burden on the tax payer.
January 25, 2015
Looking back at the article and - in particular - the slideshow, I laugh.

My family lives in Independence, have since the late 60s.

President Truman's town is ... I dunno ... 20-30 miles from Oak Grove? I'm not interested enough to google map it. Any-way, I'm familiar with that town. The fact that the most interesting pictures the news station could come up with: the school caution sign with what looks like a Ford Focus parked near it, a wooden sign with the school name dremeled into it, an off-center picture of the school featuring scrawny bushes and the gas meter .... is the reason I don't ever want to move back to that part of the country, despite my sisters yammering at me "you need to move back here. Closer to faaaamily. Your Dh is not well, you neeeeed our suppoooort."

sh'yeccch :drool They are dear to me and I enjoy visiting them, but gaaaahd, I would die of boredom before a season passed. It's no wonder that the Faux News station has to scope out bogus bible oppression stories and bits about moms with iPhones who can't scare up $20 for a school class. People like that and my folks can't see over the corn stalks to regions that are more interesting than Mizzery. It causes the brain to shrink.
January 25, 2015
Dorisan
It's no wonder that the Faux News station has to scope out bogus bible oppression stories and bits about moms with iPhones who can't scare up $20 for a school class. People like that and my folks can't see over the corn stalks to regions that are more interesting than Mizzery.

But they are talking about ed-ya-mud-cation and well beings of chyldrynz, how can you be like that? LOL Don't you care about a mum that looks like a spun tweaker? LOL waving hellolarious

Speaking of that mum, I think she definitely does not see her glass pipe as half full but probably burns it on nearly empty. LOL waving hellolarious
January 25, 2015
The school was willing to take small payments over the YEAR that the moo and kid knew they had to pay fees for these extra OPTIONAL non-essential courses.

The moo has money for her own makeup, a smartphone, cellphone plan and hair streaks, (visible in interview ) but can not set aside 25 cents a week to eventually pay the fees that total $20, that they committed to many months ago.

I hereby offer to sell her smartphone for her so that she no longer has to neglect her kids.
January 25, 2015
cassia
The school was willing to take small payments over the YEAR that the moo and kid knew they had to pay fees for these extra non-essential courses.
The moo has money for makeup, a smartphone, cellphone plan and hair streaks, but can not set aside 25 cents a week to eventually pay the fees that they committed to many months ago.

I offer to sell her smartphone for her so that she no longer has to neglect her kids.

I think it is as obvious as it can be that she simply chooses to not pay. $20 is probably spent by her daily on stuff that she could do without. Entitlement at its best.
January 25, 2015
Techie
cassia
The school was willing to take small payments over the YEAR that the moo and kid knew they had to pay fees for these extra non-essential courses.
The moo has money for makeup, a smartphone, cellphone plan and hair streaks, but can not set aside 25 cents a week to eventually pay the fees that they committed to many months ago.

I offer to sell her smartphone for her so that she no longer has to neglect her kids.

I think it is as obvious as it can be that she simply chooses to not pay. $20 is probably spent by her daily on stuff that she could do without. Entitlement at its best.

Her voice sounds like a smokers. Those lines and wrinkles are signs of substance abuse and/or tobacco use. I got a very strong rating on my trash radar.
January 26, 2015
shy lurker
Techie
cassia

Her voice sounds like a smokers. Those lines and wrinkles are signs of substance abuse and/or tobacco use. I got a very strong rating on my trash radar.

Talking to one of my sisters a few weeks back, she spoke of selling her house in a subdivision and moving out to the country. She loves Great Danes (has two) and would like to have additional stock. When I said "oh, where? Buckner, Grain Valley, Oak Grove?" she made a sound of disgust and said "those areas? yeah, like I'd want to live in Methville." She said that a series of drug raids has moved the meth labs out of the KC/Independence area to surrounding Hootervilles.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login