Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Childfree Martians!

Posted by screaming sausage 
Childfree Martians!
February 18, 2015
I'm sure you've heard about the project to take 100 applicants to Mars in a bid to colonise the planet, and how five Britons are among them. Apologies for the Daily Fail link here, but I found some of the quotes refreshing:

LINK

Name: Ryan MacDonald

Born: Derby

Occupation: Master's student in physics at the University of Oxford

Reason for going to Mars: 'The most important thing to do in life is to leave a legacy. A lot of people do that by having a child...for me this would be my legacy'

Name: Clare Weedon

Born: Addlestone, Surrey

Occupation: Systems information manager for Virgin Media, who lives in Addlestone in Surrey

Reason for going to Mars: ‘I believe there is more to life than marriage and babies and I soon hope to escape the office environment and travel the world solo for some amazing life experiences.’

Inevitably there is also someone who wants to be the first Martian Moo:

LINK

Scientists have searched for life on Mars for years, but now one young Briton hopes to create it herself on the red planet.

Maggie Lieu is among the five Britons who have been shortlisted for the Mars One mission, which aims to send people to live - and die - on the red planet.

The astrophysics PhD student said it would be a privilege to be the first woman to give birth on Mars, which would make her baby a Martian.

Inevitably the 100 candidates will have to get some breeding done but- if they do make it to Mars- I hope they don't fuck it up and give us another planet infested with billions of humans fighting for limited resources. If it wasn't for people continuing to pop out babies on Earth we wouldn't even need to send anyone to Mars. A simpler solution would be to try and end the pronatalist cult on this planet but why attempt something so simple when it comes with a big risk of pissing off breeders, eh? winking smiley
Re: Childfree Martians!
February 19, 2015
Actually sounds pretty good to me. Wouldn't mind a space colony with a view and a life time resupply of cognac.

I can just imagine the conversation.

Mission Control: Mr BreakStuff, we need you to initiate experiment protocol 1954326 when the supply probe lands.

BreakStuff: Did you send my cognac and the latest Popular Mechanics micro chip?

Mission Control: Ummmm, er Ummmm.....

BreakStuff: Fuck You, You Fucking Fucks!!! You know the drill! No Booze & No Books fer me, No Science-y shit fer you. Keep fucking this up and I'll starting breaking the antennas off those cool little rover things yall keep dropping on this god forsaken lump of hematite...

Mission Control: Mr Breakstuff, you did sign a contract agreeing to complete said Science-y shit...

Mr BreakStuff: DaFuk you gonna do? Come arrest me and send me to Mars?

On second thought, I am probably not the candidate they are looking for...
Re: Childfree Martians!
February 19, 2015
breakstuff
Actually sounds pretty good to me. Wouldn't mind a space colony with a view and a life time resupply of cognac.

I can just imagine the conversation.

Mission Control: Mr BreakStuff, we need you to initiate experiment protocol 1954326 when the supply probe lands.

BreakStuff: Did you send my cognac and the latest Popular Mechanics micro chip?

Mission Control: Ummmm, er Ummmm.....

BreakStuff: Fuck You, You Fucking Fucks!!! You know the drill! No Booze & No Books fer me, No Science-y shit fer you. Keep fucking this up and I'll starting breaking the antennas off those cool little rover things yall keep dropping on this god forsaken lump of hematite...

Mission Control: Mr Breakstuff, you did sign a contract agreeing to complete said Science-y shit...

Mr BreakStuff: DaFuk you gonna do? Come arrest me and send me to Mars?

On second thought, I am probably not the candidate they are looking for...

Yeah, as cool as the idea of colonizing Mars might be, it would be a lot better (not to mention less expensive and theoretically easier) if people here on Earth cut down on the breeding. Most of the problems in the world could be solved that way. Unfortunately, breeders are so entitled about having as many kids as they want, not to mention even the ones who agree the world is overpopulated think that's "someone else's" problem. (Which is especially interesting considering they also try to convince absolutely everyone to have babies.) At this rate, I guarantee humanity won't still be around in the year 2525.

(On an only very marginally related note, I had my wisdom teeth pulled recently and dreamed I went to Mars while I was knocked out. It was glorious.)
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login