Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

The Famblees of Tragedy Victims Exploiting Their Dead Loved One

Posted by retro lizard 
The Famblees of Tragedy Victims Exploiting Their Dead Loved One
February 25, 2015
I was trying to think of something to post, so I came up with this. I was just wondering what exactly your thoughts on pretentious, self righteous famblees who exploit the death of their loved one in a tragedy, due to becoming, or further becoming spoiled & entitlement poisoned from all of the societal mollycoddling?
I'm inclined to believe the answers to be apparent, but I know intelligent folks are not a hive mind.

I personally, just to sum it all up, I believe its hypocritical, vile & disrespectful, especially since they are the ones who demand respect & priority after taking any coddling they get, whine to the media with complaints about any petty perceived disrespect, even if attempts were made to be tactful, fishing for ways use their involvement in the tragedy for monetary gain, attempt to police everyone & every entity into walking on eggshells when handling anything related to the tragedy, & then hypocritically trying to accuse anyone who refuses to comply as being disrespectful. Of course, it doesn't help that society in general tends to be defensive, over sensitive tittybabies regarding tragedies. I also noticed the ones who do this shit are breeders types, playing the life script card frequently, which is par for the course breeder mentality.

Please remember that I'm not saying they are all like that, just some of them. Most of them are not like this at all, & its just a small number of them that come out of the woodwork with this bullshit, every time a tragedy happens.
Re: The Famblees of Tragedy Victims Exploiting Their Dead Loved One
February 26, 2015
I do think that there is an underlying cause of all of it. A breeder type NEEDS social approval, hence their constant belting on in their family friendly rhetoric. These same people have a tendency for histrionic type behavior, constantly shoving themselves in the limelight. It's not a good look.
February 26, 2015
They have been all over the place in the last couple of decades: from 9/11 widow Lisa Beamer who was trademarking "Let's Roll" (then licensing/selling the rights to it to Wal-Mart, the Florida State Football team and others) before her husband's remains stopped smouldering, to Mrs. American Sniper, playing the "poor widow about to be living in a box (so I can't pay the judgment)" card when in court against Jesse Ventura but sporting a boob job and Lou-bou-tins at the movie premiere while suing her late husband's former business partners because she cannot believe he would shut her out of the company with a buyout clause worth little after debt payments.

What do these two have in common? Breederbrain. Neither had any identity outside of so-and-so's wife/sahm. Now they get a taste of fame and fortune and they like it.

But these are people who were directly affected--death of their spouse. It is worse when more distant relatives try to inject themselves into a situation. They are like the Kardashians, who would change their names to Obituaries just to see it in print.

And yes, it is highly disrespectful and a grab for attention from people who can't get it any other way. It is a temper tantrum of "fuck the dead guy lookatmelookatmeLOOKATMEEELOOOOOKAAAATMEEEEEEE."

(for the record, spouse buyout clauses are quite common, per a friend whose husband is a C-level.)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
From a bottle cap message on a Magic Hat #9 beer: Condoms Prevent Minivans
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I want to pick up a bus full of unruly kids and feed them gummi bears and crack, then turn them loose in Hobby Lobby to ransack the place. They will all be wearing T shirts that say "You Could Have Prevented This."
February 26, 2015
I am 50+ so I suppose I've earned the right to be the old coot who talks about things "back in the day," but something fundamental has changed with respect to human tragedies. It's worthy of sociological study.

In the early 1970's, my seemingly-healthy father dropped dead of a brain aneurysm shortly before his 35th birthday. There was no preventing it--he had no symptoms except a headache the day before. At that time the technology did not exist to save his life and it's still a condition that carries a high mortality rate. My mom was left with three kids and not much money. We kids received social security based on my dad's earnings, which was a life-saver. We qualified for the free school lunch but my mom wouldn't let us take them because she didn't want us to be stigmatized. Also, she was grateful for the SS money and she could pack us nutritious lunchs instead of school cafeteria food. We had enough.

My mom had a high school education and she worked many jobs while she went through college at age 33. Back then, colleges did not cater to the adult student. She went to school during the day and worked during the afternoons and evenings. Professors weren't questioned as they are today. She had a hard road, but she graduated and eventually landed a good job. We have our differences, but I respected her for that.

Contrast my mom's "old school" attitude to what happens today. The minute someone dies, even if it's a child who is not bringing in a salary, up goes the kickstarter for "funeral expenses" for $50k or $100k.

Nobody bats an eyelash when people do this. It's become de rigueur for any tragedy. And I'm not saying there's anything wrong with helping people out....but don't these people have any shame? Don't they ever think, hey, I'm crossing the line from accepting a little help to having my life enriched because I've lost a loved one.

Contrast what I experienced with the story of this crunchy, uber-Catholic, Home-schooling woman who died of a brain aneurysm while baking her fifth loaf Her husband, who incidentally has a really good job, was left with four kids. Up went the GoFund Me,which asked for $100k and got $165k. Up went a tandem YouCaring fund, which asked for another $100,000. That is about 88% funded.

And let's not forget Jenny P3rillo, who was anything but destitute but allowed $90k to be raised under false pretenses. She's laughing all the way to the bank.

A giant shift in the "I've suffered, therefore I deserve money" was the World Trade Center Widows. Yes, they could have sued the airlines for lax security and they may have won eventually. Enter the big Government payout with the rationale that it kept them from suing the airlines for millions. At the time I remember expressing the (mostly unpopular) opinion that these were rich dudes (mostly) who died--no excuse for them to not have life insurance. Responsible financial planning includes having life insurance on your spouse or even your wife. Even if she's a SAHMOO you will need to buy childcare if she dies.

And I also thought it was VERY WRONG that the Government gave more to the wealthy people. If the government was going to go down the slippery slope of a one-time payout, they needed to value everyone's life equally.

I graduated from college in 1985. At the time it was taught in law classes that, "not every grievance in society requires a redress." BOY, has that ever changed. Now people expect the courts or the public or someone to fix everything that goes wrong. Legislatures to pass feel-good, do-nothing crap such as, "National Infant Loss Awareness Day," and "I'm-Sorry-Your-Peewings-Were-Hurt Day" for EVERY. LITTLE THING. It's all a bunch of feel-good horseshit that does nothing because, guess what? Somebody has to be be the 2% or 10% or whatever.
February 26, 2015
Kind of like how the Martins and the Browns have turned their respective situations into cash cows?
February 26, 2015
JMHO but if a famblee exploits their living kids for profit then yes there IS a good chance they will exploit famblee members in death.

Look at the Duggars and Jubilee. Need I say more?
Then there are people who INSIST on wearing buttons of their dead chyldren's faces EVERY FUCKING TIME they meet up with Nancy Disgrace (lookin' at you, Mark Klaasless)...

Jesus Christ, John Walsh only wore a button on his lapel a couple of times, then shitcanned it after a while, IIRC.
Most breeders are just upset that their free CNAs have perished and they have to take care of themselves in retirement. smile rolling left righteyes2

``````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````
"I have found little that is 'good' about human beings on the whole. In my experience most of them are trash, no matter whether they publicly subscribe to this or that ethical doctrine or to none at all."
~Sigmund Freud
catharsist
I do think that there is an underlying cause of all of it. A breeder type NEEDS social approval, hence their constant belting on in their family friendly rhetoric. These same people have a tendency for histrionic type behavior, constantly shoving themselves in the limelight. It's not a good look.

Social media plays a big role in this, as it allows people a large forum to whine and act butthurt, all in the name of "raising awareness" for whatever the tragedy-du-jour happens to be. As I've mentioned before, I really hate when this shit finds its way into the workplace, as expecting charitable contributions from your colleagues amounts to workplace harassment, as I see it.

Of course, we're probably at the peak as far as people's attitudes of accepting this sort of thing. I can't help but think that when it comes to bellyaching and demanding "awareness" of other your specific problems (whatever they are), there's got to be a shelf life for the rest of us who have to tolerate it.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login