Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

"But, we have plenty of resources!"

Posted by addiea raine 
"But, we have plenty of resources!"
February 27, 2015
Basically, California is running out of water to the point they may not be able to grow crops.

But don't forget to pop out them babies!

No water
Re: "But, we have plenty of resources!"
February 27, 2015
When I saw the thread title, I totally thought it was going to be about those asshole breeders who say "the world isn't overpopulated because the entire population can fit in Texas." (Yes, that's a thing people say.)
February 28, 2015
actually I recently watched a documentary on how California was without water in some areas, how people have to take bottled water to residents, and their was at least one town completely without water, having instead a communal shower/sink/toilet facility in the middle of town where water supply was trucked in just so people could use the facility.

how the non-important residents, such as a 40 something yr old woman who now lives alone because her two sons went off to join the army, will have to wait, ATLEAST 6 months for town water to be connected, but young family's with babys or small kids are the priority. I was like "sorry what did I just hear her say?".

but like 10 years ago, water wasn't really a problem, its crazy.

but of course, yes gotta pump out those kids so that the dwindling water supply will be used up faster, although some people might actually be having babys in that area just to be viewed as a priority for the water to be connected through faster.
February 28, 2015
I wonder why, instead of trying to keep growing water hungry crops out there, they just don't set out stuff like prickly pear and other crops that can take a drought? It's like they are fighting a losing battle with nature instead of working with it and avoiding this crap.

And that burns me that 'the babies and kids have priority.' What the heck they doing with them that requires so much water?
February 28, 2015
I think what burns me so much is the fact that every single credible scientific study has pointed out we are running out of resources. Here is undeniable proof that are resources are finite. Yet, every single time a politician or religious leader opens their mouth its the same rhetoric of "push out babies". We're dying. We don't have the resources to provide for an unlimited amount of people and yet sheeple continue to have brats and condemn those that have chosen to not have kids. It's like watching an idiot hit a wall, giggle, and do it again. I'm torn between getting popcorn or screaming in horror that this is the voting majority.
February 28, 2015
exile
actually I recently watched a documentary on how California was without water in some areas, how people have to take bottled water to residents, and their was at least one town completely without water, having instead a communal shower/sink/toilet facility in the middle of town where water supply was trucked in just so people could use the facility.

The musical Urinetown is about exactly this. So many people laugh about that show without realizing that it's going to become reality sooner than we think.
February 28, 2015
This is a very good book about this region and it's water issues -

http://www.amazon.com/Cadillac-Desert-American-Disappearing-Revised/dp/0140178244

What I know of the US West is from what I read. I have been to several places there, as just a tourist though.

I live in a lush, green, - so lush and green it's almost jungle like - area - the US / Canadian Great Lakes region. I have much more knowledge of this region. As far as 'scarcity of resources' go - regarding this water? No one will be getting any of it. It's completely legally locked down, by the surrounding US States and Canadian Provinces. No one is touching this water. In Basin use only.

That may seem harsh, but you cannot upset eco systems and re arrange things too much. Lessons have been learned.

What happened to the Aral Sea as example.
February 28, 2015
When shit really hits the fan and deprivation settles itself in, prioritizing children and their breeders never pans out well. Especially when it comes to food and water, the two things humans need to live. Breeders themselves will sacrifice their children for themselves. I've mentioned on here before the unofficial reports of cannibalism in North Korea during the Great Famine of the 1990s. According to the author of This Is Paradise!, one man was sent to a gulag for eating his own child.

------------------------------------------------------------
"Why children take so long to grow? They eat and drink like pig and give nothing back. Must find way to accelerate process..."
- Dr. Yi Suchong, Bioshock

"Society does not need more children; but it does need more loved children. Quite literally, we cannot afford unloved children - but we pay heavily for them every day. There should not be the slightest communal concern when a woman elects to destroy the life of her thousandth-of-an-ounce embryo. But all society should rise up in alarm when it hears that a baby that is not wanted is about to be born."
- Garrett Hardin

"I feel like there's a message involved here somehow, but then I couldn't stop laughing at all the plotholes, like the part when North Korea has food."
- Youtube commentor referring to a North Korean cartoon.

"Reality is a bitch when it slowly crawls out of your vagina and shits in your lap."
- Reddit comment

"Bitch wants a baby, so we're gonna fuck now. #bareback"
- Cambion

Oh whatever. Abortion doctors are crimestoppers."
- Miss Hannigan
February 28, 2015
paragon schnitzophonic
When shit really hits the fan and deprivation settles itself in, prioritizing children and their breeders never pans out well. Especially when it comes to food and water, the two things humans need to live. Breeders themselves will sacrifice their children for themselves. I've mentioned on here before the unofficial reports of cannibalism in North Korea during the Great Famine of the 1990s. According to the author of This Is Paradise!, one man was sent to a gulag for eating his own child.

PS, your thoughts reminded me of another book, about famine in China -

http://www.amazon.com/Hungry-Ghosts-Secret-Famine-Paperback/dp/0805056688

Another very interesting book, highly disturbing though.
March 01, 2015
By the time your prediction hits addiea raine I hope to be dead and worm food, or have the means to make my self that.

+++++++++++++

Passive Aggressive
Master Of Anti-brat
Excuses!
March 01, 2015
I think the short answer is that a majority of people just don't care about the future - especially Americans, where everything is disposable and taken for granted. Those who breed just don't give a fuck about anything but reproducing and making their own little personal bubble that they think is somehow more special and important than everyone and everything else around them. And, most importantly, they think nothing bad will happen to THEM as a result of their choices because bad things only happen to other people.

Breeders don't care what kind of a world their kids will have to learn to function in as adults because, by then, those breeders will be dead or too old and senile to know how to give a fuck. Who cares if the kids suffer? Just as long as Mommy and Daddy get their own way. And giving famblees priority over the unchilded is going to backfire real hard if shit gets really bad. If people get desperate enough, they'll just rob and/or kill the famblees and take their shit. I don't know if I'd ever see such extreme measures in my lifetime, but you never know. Plus, parents are not above putting their own needs and wants above those of their kids. They do it all the fucking time.

This is why I seethe quietly to myself when I hear about someone's impending "miracle." I know it's their choice and all that shit, but I guess I jut don't see how anyone can look at state of this country (or the world) and think, "Well, this looks like a fantastic life to force a kid into." Then again, given how most pregnancies are "happy accidents," I'd say most breeders don't think that much. Their biggest problem is how many pints of ice cream can they get on food stamps to sate their pignancy cravings. Is it horrible that, when someone I know has a new loaf, part of me wants to say "Kill it now before it can grow up to suffer and die slowly?"

I know California is prone to drought and temperatures that rival the settings on ovens, but when there's a water shortage in a fucking developed nation, I think that's something to pay attention to. Of course, everyone wants to try and fix shit by focusing on all the branches rather than the tree from which they've grown: population. If there was a breeding limit, things might start to even out a little. But since America lurves its breeders, no one will tell the Moos and Duhs to quit fucking reproducing. I wonder what would happen if the government offered tax breaks to people who have no kids and to people who don't breed for at least five years? Would some people reconsider making brats or more brats? Or would they all claim that a child's wuv is priceless and pop loaves out anyway?

I'm not sure if any of what I said relates to the topic at hand. Just ranty, I guess. shrug
March 01, 2015
I don't see why adults can't be the priority. We are the only ones that DO anything. Adults run the fucking world, so we should get the goods should shit hit the fan. And at some point people are going to realize that the baby having isn't the best thing. The question is, will it be too too late to fix anything.
March 02, 2015
saturnian catalina
The musical Urinetown is about exactly this. So many people laugh about that show without realizing that it's going to become reality sooner than we think.

I think the main problem, is that entitled breeders never have to go without things, something breaks, oh lets just give them a replacement, power went out on a school night, shit we better make sure all the kidies can do their homework before it gets late, the other non perants can wait till later to get there work done that pays our bills.

right now, and for over a year, I have been without hot water, why? because I am unemployed and was too sick to obtain work last year, anybody wanna know how much it sucks balls to have a cold shower during the middle of winter?

grab a bucket, boil jug after jug of water till about 3-4 liters, get a jug you would have used to keep cold water in the fridge, scoop half of it with boiling water, fill the rest with cold water, soap up a face washer towel in that, rub down body, add shampoo to hair, pour out soapy water into hair to help lather it, scoop hot water again fill rest with cold, repeatedly do this pouring over head and body till shampoo and soap is removed.

place an electric bar heater within the room where it wont be splashed, to take the chill out of the air as you bucket shower and proceed to freeze your tits off while trying to towel dry off after wards, good luck not catching a cold or phenomena since you also remain freezing cold the rest of the night regardless of how thick layered the clothing and bedding is, till the sun has risen.

now I would love to get the hot water system looked at and fixed, but to do that I need money, which I barely get from the government because I don't have kids and am not studying, im just unemployed, hell I don't even get rent assistance because I own my house, I barely get $100 a week in a relationship owning my own house, an X-friend of mine, gets a full $600 a week in a relationship with a baby, living rent free at her dads.

when I moved into this just built new house 7yrs ago, the pump that flushes my toilets and pumps water into my laundry died and I had to wait 2-3 weeks for a replacement that also died requiring further waiting, I used a bucket of water poured down my toilet to flush it, and during the 2011 floods that took out the power to my house for 5 days, including the power to that pump, I had no flushing toilets or power, yet I used the bucket flush, and candles, changing my bed time to on dark and getting up on dawn to save on candle usage, I also rolled out my gas bbq and stacked my freezer so I could enjoy meat for dinner right up to the last night.

I remember my Nemours neighbours complained that they should be reimbursed for the 5 days of no power spoiling food, and the trauma of feeling like a 3rd world country without power and flushing toilets. BITCH PLEASE, it wasn't that bad!! just because you chose to make your kid go squat in the back yard like an animal, and stuck to your routine hours causing you to burn out of candles in a cut off location where more couldn't be radially bought, not to mention you actually had to spend time with your brats instead of using the tv to escape them, doesn't mean the rest of us intelligent resourceful people had to put up with that.

I could imagen that a lot less people would just go ahead and breed herds of kids, if they ever had to experience any of that, knowing that the more people we add to this earth, the faster those kinds of situation might occur on a regular basis, power grids going down, water shortages, food spillage and shortages, just to name the obvious ones.
March 02, 2015
Zzelda
I live in a lush, green, - so lush and green it's almost jungle like - area - the US / Canadian Great Lakes region. I have much more knowledge of this region. As far as 'scarcity of resources' go - regarding this water? No one will be getting any of it. It's completely legally locked down, by the surrounding US States and Canadian Provinces. No one is touching this water. In Basin use only.

Smart localities will start becoming preemptive about that sort of thing.

In my state, a river war is being raged. Last I heard (couple of years ago) a lawsuit was headed to the Supreme Court.

Two counties were squabbling over who was taking more water from one river. Both counties were high development, with more houses and businesses springing up, hence each was saying that they had more rights to the water. Meanwhile, by the time the river reached its terminus in a different state, at a point where a lot of farmers depended on the resource, there was barely enough water to make spit. So they have also filed suit, saying that the state where I live has hogged all the water, to the detriment of food production.

Yammering breeders look at all the open land that still exists and say "there's still room for more people, KEEP BREEDING!" Dolts don't realize that it takes more than squatting room to support the population.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login