Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Pathetic parunt contestants whining about how much they "miss their kyyyyydzzz"

Posted by yummynotmummy 
There was a show on this week on Channel 4 over here - Burger Bar to Gourmet Star. I'm a bit of a foodie, so I like the odd cooking show.

The contestant, Carl, was a complete ninny though - he had a baybee, and throughout the show whined constantly about missing his kids, and nearly gave up the opportunity of a lifetime to go cook in a 3-star restaurant in Italy because he missed his faaaaaaambleeeee too much. Thankfully, his father told him to grow some balls, and he did return, but not until he'd made an emotional trip home to his chavvy "fiancee" and "teh babby", cue lots of shots of him playing duh with the loaf on his knee.

I had MasterChef on last night as well, and there was one bird, Fran, all she was talking about was her kids - how they're going to be soooo proud of her and she's doing it for them, because she wants them to follow their dreams, bleurgh. Every single clip of her, she mentions something about her children, and the first thing she said when she got through to the next round was "I miss the kids".

Don't these parunts get that these opportunities are something that a lot of people would give their eye teeth for, and all they can do is whinge about missing the kids? Fucking man (or woman) up!

Gregg Wallace and John Torode (the hosts, a food critic and chef, for those not in UK) told her at first that her food was bland, because she was obviously used to cooking for her family, and the stupid bint was actually happy that they recognised that she cooks family food! Erm, no love, that wasn't a compliment....She obviously did take it on board, because her next dish was better, but she obviously likes to cook mumsy "comfort food" type things and the lack of flavour keeps coming back to haunt her. I sure hope she doesn't win. Last year's winner was a full time moo, but she wasn't too bad with the bringing her kid into everything. She seemed like she was happy to be cooking some proper food with flavour in it rather than baybee mush, not to mention to be doing something outside the home.
LMAO at "fiancee." The show trying to make his shacking up more palatable to the fam-blee demographic, who of course have far more noble morals than anyone else.

On reality shows, they never really show a CF or even chyld-less person going home to see their significant other. It's always minutes of precious airtime wasted on focusing on that person's toadlers. Just get back to the subject matter already. Ugh, but the pahrunt demographic just can't seem to get through 40 minutes of a tv show without having to see da chuyldrun becoming a topic on the show. It could be a show about how to change your motor oil, but these producers always always have to remind us that no matter what the topic is, It's always really about the kyyyyyds!
yummynotmummy
I had MasterChef on last night as well, and there was one bird, Fran, all she was talking about was her kids - how they're going to be soooo proud of her and she's doing it for them, because she wants them to follow their dreams, bleurgh. Every single clip of her, she mentions something about her children, and the first thing she said when she got through to the next round was "I miss the kids".

I don't know about you guys, but when I was a kid I couldn't have given two fucks about my parents' aspirations or careers. Not because I was an asshole, but because I didn't understand it. Those are adult desires, kids are natural narcissists. We've talked about this before. That's why many of us don't like kids. Humans are selfish until their parents or guardians appropriately indoctrinate them into people fit to be inflicted on society. I don't think empathy really took hold in me until my teenage years. Maybe I was an asshole. Oh well.
I hope this tangent isn't too off-topic, but I always notice and get irritated by something I see as very similar when there is a tv spot about soldiers being reunited with their loved ones. Anyone ever notice how the focus is always showing the soldier with his/her kydz, but never a spouse or S.O., never the soldier's pahrunts or grandpahrunts.

It's alllllllways just the ones with kydz and they never show the soldier hugging the S.O. unless she has a bayyyyy-beee in her arms. It seems like a deliberate emphasis to avoid showing the soldier with anyone other than kydz. You'll see the soldier, his/her face just lighting up, arms outstretched, being reunited with the kydz.

Then there's news broadcasts showing stories of soldiers surprising their kydz by coming home on leave and showing up at the school, where the school has always of course been informed ahead of time so the whole school can be the cheering audience, so the school organises a school-wide assembly so that the news reporters can be there to witness this reunion and film it before the entire school cheering. There's an element there of the pahrunt wanting this to be broadcast instead of wanting a private famblee reunion.

And if it's a commercial about wounded veterans, it always focuses on that veteran at home sitting on the floor playing with his/her kydz. Never doing things with their S.O., just kydz. And it's always small kydz at that, since I guess the younger they are, I guess it's supposed to tug on the viewers' heartstrings more.
night owl
I hope this tangent isn't too off-topic, but I always notice and get irritated by something I see as very similar when there is a tv spot about soldiers being reunited with their loved ones. Anyone ever notice how the focus is always showing the soldier with his/her kydz, but never a .

Wait for it about 1:17

night owl
Thom, YES! I've seen that before. Maybe you posted for us before? I LOVE this! Makes my day. smile rolling left rightsmile

can never have to many kitteh clips smiling smiley

I don't know about you guys, but when I was a kid I couldn't have given two fucks about my parents' aspirations or careers. Not because I was an asshole, but because I didn't understand it. Those are adult desires, kids are natural narcissists.

Yup. OH and I were saying the same thing - that we really didn't get, at that age, much about what our parents were up to. It was adult stuff, I was more interested in the stuff I was into. I vaguely remember going out for dinner aged around 6 or so because my mum got a promotion at work, and I just didn't really get what it meant, other than "mummy's going to get paid a bit more now" and my reaction was like, right, ok, can I have pudding.

I bet when they do the profiles of finalists on these shows, they give longer to the childed ones than the CF/CL. As night owl says, I've noticed it here with news items about the forces, they always focus on the ones with children, particularly little ones - never much mention of the grieving SO's if they didn't have any kyds, and you never see any pet reunions like that kitteh one!
Thanks of the remainder to watch Masterchef, although I'd rather see Greg Wallace filleted, cooked skin down and served on a bed of mash than presenting. Much prefer The Professionals with Monica giving her Look of Death...

US Masterchef starts May 20 (minus Joe).
I'd be lousy at cooking fambalee food. Considering the food my husband I eat, most children would never eat.
selidororous
I'd be lousy at cooking fambalee food. Considering the food my husband I eat, most children would never eat.

Me too. I like spicy, strong tasting food, always have done, even as a kid - hated bland things. I cook lots of Thai curries, Indian and Mexican food.

But then, you see in those countries, the little kids grow up with it. I went to South East Asia and you saw the kids eat what their parents ate, there was no specific "kiddie food" unless you were wealthy and you could get to the shops in cities that stock Western stuff. I was there 8 years ago, so that could well have changed some now, particularly for the more well-off folk, but certainly in the rural places, it was normal for the kids to be eating whatever rice/noodle dish the adults were having. Soy sauce, chilli, vegetables, garlic, things like that - most kids here brought up on turkey twizzlers and chips would barely even sniff it.
starbelly
yummynotmummy

I don't know about you guys, but when I was a kid I couldn't have given two fucks about my parents' aspirations or careers. Not because I was an asshole, but because I didn't understand it. Those are adult desires, kids are natural narcissists. We've talked about this before. That's why many of us don't like kids. Humans are selfish until their parents or guardians appropriately indoctrinate them into people fit to be inflicted on society. I don't think empathy really took hold in me until my teenage years. Maybe I was an asshole. Oh well.

Same here. Dad was away from home x-many hours/day for work, on Friday he brought his paycheck home. The only time it was really significant for us kids was when strikes were called and we were impacted by the worried conversations and fights our parents had.

Later, as a teen, I began to be influenced by the knowledge that Dad worked his ass off at several jobs to support us. That lead to an awareness that an education, training and no kids was the most likely path to an assurance that I wouldn't be worn down and used up by the age of 40, like he was.

I bet this Fran-person will make her kids' lives miserable if they aren't properly attentive and fawning over her "accomplishment."
yummynotmummy
selidororous

Me too. I like spicy, strong tasting food, always have done, even as a kid - hated bland things. I cook lots of Thai curries, Indian and Mexican food.

But then, you see in those countries, the little kids grow up with it. I went to South East Asia and you saw the kids eat what their parents ate, there was no specific "kiddie food" unless you were wealthy and you could get to the shops in cities that stock Western stuff. I was there 8 years ago, so that could well have changed some now, particularly for the more well-off folk, but certainly in the rural places, it was normal for the kids to be eating whatever rice/noodle dish the adults were having. Soy sauce, chilli, vegetables, garlic, things like that - most kids here brought up on turkey twizzlers and chips would barely even sniff it.

Accompanied by "I'm not eating any of that there foreign muck..."
Dorisan
Later, as a teen, I began to be influenced by the knowledge that Dad worked his ass off at several jobs to support us. That lead to an awareness that an education, training and no kids was the most likely path to an assurance that I wouldn't be worn down and used up by the age of 40, like he was.

Shit yes. My mum worked her ass off for her academic career (and it was much, much tougher for women back then, especially mothers, because of the demands to produce in terms of research as well as work a full time lecturing schedule) and although it didn't make me want to be an academic, I learned the value of hard work, and understood that sacrifices are necessary to get what you want in life. Having one kid was hard enough on my mum's career, she would never have got where she is if she had more, and that was why she didn't want more than one. It definitely had an influence on me not having any. My mum would have been able to travel far more and had way more options if she hadn't had a child - she had job offers from lots of exciting places, but we didn't go, because at that stage I was doing GCSE's and then A-Levels, and of course my dad, stepmum and siblings were in the UK.

I became proud of her later on, when I fully understood what she had gone through. It made me more independent too, not having a hovering moo - I had to learn to look after myself.

If this Fran character is at all successful and becomes a chef or opens a restaurant, like a lot of the MC finalists tend to do, then she'll find herself seeing the brats a lot less, that involves serious hard work, dedication and long hours, so she'd be best off getting used to it.
bookworm
yummynotmummy
selidororous

Accompanied by "I'm not eating any of that there foreign muck..."

Conversely, you have the white hipster breeders who ruin the atmosphere of North African, West African, Middle Eastern, South East Asian, East Asian, and South American restaurants by dragging their brats there for the sole purpose of bragging on Facebook and over their post-Bikram yoga organic vegan iced soy chai tea lattes made from tea leaves picked by gay Tibetan monks on the waxing moon to their equally white hipster breeder friends that Cznøphlaïk is such a "good eater!"

Never mind that they all butcher the shit out of the pronunciations of the dishes because it never occurs to them to look shit up on those $900 smartphones for which their husbands pay a $200/month cell phone/data plan. And when they visit any of these countries, they don't venture beyond the hotel/resort/beach.

------------------------------------------------------------
"Why children take so long to grow? They eat and drink like pig and give nothing back. Must find way to accelerate process..."
- Dr. Yi Suchong, Bioshock

"Society does not need more children; but it does need more loved children. Quite literally, we cannot afford unloved children - but we pay heavily for them every day. There should not be the slightest communal concern when a woman elects to destroy the life of her thousandth-of-an-ounce embryo. But all society should rise up in alarm when it hears that a baby that is not wanted is about to be born."
- Garrett Hardin

"I feel like there's a message involved here somehow, but then I couldn't stop laughing at all the plotholes, like the part when North Korea has food."
- Youtube commentor referring to a North Korean cartoon.

"Reality is a bitch when it slowly crawls out of your vagina and shits in your lap."
- Reddit comment

"Bitch wants a baby, so we're gonna fuck now. #bareback"
- Cambion

Oh whatever. Abortion doctors are crimestoppers."
- Miss Hannigan
Sometime back I considered making a thread kind of in the same vein as this one but I shelved the thread idea because I couldn't find the right words to type it. It was inspired by contest shows I watch especially the ones on Food Network. I'm always annoyed by the contestants, after a mention of them having a spouse and kids at home watching, saying they're going to win for their kids. You're not winning for your kids and wife/husband? Just the kids? I bet that makes your spouse feel acknowledged and loved. < /sarcasm>
This is something that really annoys me about these cooking competition shows. How the contestants get all misty-eyed about their chyldrun. How they are cooking for their CHYLDRUN. How they want to win the competition to make their CHYLDRUN proud. How they miss their CHYLDRUN. Ugh. It's such a boring schtick already. Come up with something new, already!

Why not just go on the show because you have a passion for cooking and you have a talent to do it? It's like they're trying to earn brownie points with the judges about who has the sobbiest face when it comes to their fam-damblees.
IF there's anything I hate is contestants with children spouting sappy statements about only doing the show for their kids and how they miss them so much.after only being away from them for only two days,
Love it. And you know the kitties aren't glad to see him because they're expecting a present either. smile rolling left righteyes2
starbelly
yummynotmummy

Baybeez and toadlers feel plenty of pride for their parunts accomplishments on TV, say the idiots! And all the parunts watching the TV then receive udder rubs "accomplished person has famblee and kydz just like I do!", despite the fact that they are sitting in front of a TV and fail to detect the irony.
thom_c
night owl
I hope this tangent isn't too off-topic, but I always notice and get irritated by something I see as very similar when there is a tv spot about soldiers being reunited with their loved ones. Anyone ever notice how the focus is always showing the soldier with his/her kydz, but never a .

Wait for it about 1:17

The contestants of that reality TV show are performing to the lowest denomination of their audience to win the contest. Yes, they may miss the brats, but playing up to the breederific audience wins.

The same goes for soldiers with brats, the gov wants to sell a war. You appeal to the lowest but most important element, breeders.

TV don't give a flying fuck about us CF. We are a minority. I got rid o TV. I am strictly a cyber CF.

+++++++++++++

Passive Aggressive
Master Of Anti-brat
Excuses!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login