Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

.."they hope the lawsuit brings attention to children with food allergies." Yeahright. (Publix cookie death)

Posted by Dorisan 
My ass sarcastic clapping

So Grandpa, Mom and an Aunt are all suing over 'death by cookie?' Because, of course, they want to make the public aware of the danger.

I'm sure that each time the witnesses tell of how they watched the kid gasp and cack, the reaction will become more lurid and horrifying. Multiple rehearsals does make for more polished storytelling

If it goes to trial, I'd want to ask the adults "so, did you tell the cousins to leave the room when it became apparent that the boy was in distress?" Because that's the first thing that would come to mind: get the little ones out of the room so they don't have to watch.

LINK
I have a great idea! If your czeaux'fläqué has a super sensitive/deadly food allergy, why don't you cook everything from scratch unless it is a trusted peanut free brand such as tootsie rolls.

Edit: I love creative ways to spell snowflake.
Better yet, don't feed the little fuck cookies, as kids don't need cookies. They're spazzy enough on vegetables.
I don't know how anyone who doesn't live under a rock doesn't know about the risk of cross-contamination. There are enough products out there that do say on their labels that "this item was manufactured in a facility that also processes milk, nuts, etc etc," and so I assume the aunt or whoever was in charge that day had seen that x-contamination warning before and knew it was a possibility, plus an 11 yo should be old enough to be taught to read those labels himself and to not assume something's safe, so just because there's no label on your cookie doesn't mean it was processed in a separate and completely sterile environment. No label = you have no idea what's in it, so don't buy it. But of course, it's the store's fault. smile rolling left righteyes2
Maybe we should all sue the stores for getting sick after shitly has handled all the loose items?
The funny thing is they are suing for laws that don't exist.

Yes food has to be labeled....EXCEPT when pulled out of cases, as was the case in this bakery. If it was an individually wrapped cookie (oh HEB how your belgian choc chip walnut cookies taunt me) they have to be. This was in a case, so they don't.

There is also no law about having signs up...cross contamination should be assumed in a communal bakery case.

Of course moo chose to disregard anything, or put away Candy Crush to Google-fu her way into finding out choco chews are chewy because they use nuts, not flour....so it has to be the store's fault.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
From a bottle cap message on a Magic Hat #9 beer: Condoms Prevent Minivans
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I want to pick up a bus full of unruly kids and feed them gummi bears and crack, then turn them loose in Hobby Lobby to ransack the place. They will all be wearing T shirts that say "You Could Have Prevented This."
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login