Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Pro-liars get their way in Indiana

Posted by Techie 
Pro-liars get their way in Indiana
March 31, 2015
NBC News
On Monday, the state of Indiana sentenced 33-year-old Indian-American Purvi Patel to 20 years in prison on charges of feticide - an act that causes the death of a fetus - and neglect of a dependent. She received a 30-year-sentence on the felony neglect charge, 10 of which were suspended. A six-year sentence for feticide will be served concurrently.

Patel is the first woman in the U.S. to be charged, convicted and sentenced on a feticide charge. Reproductive rights activists are outraged.

http://www.nbcnews.com/news/asian-america/indiana-has-now-charged-two-asian-american-women-feticide-n332761
Re: Pro-liars get their way in Indiana
March 31, 2015
I did not expect this out of Indiana.
March 31, 2015
What can one expect from the religious freedom (only if you are the right religion) state?

And my RWNJ acquaintances keep braying about Muslims bringing on sharia law. It is here.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
From a bottle cap message on a Magic Hat #9 beer: Condoms Prevent Minivans
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I want to pick up a bus full of unruly kids and feed them gummi bears and crack, then turn them loose in Hobby Lobby to ransack the place. They will all be wearing T shirts that say "You Could Have Prevented This."
March 31, 2015
navi8orgirl
What can one expect from the religious freedom (only if you are the right religion) state?

And my RWNJ acquaintances keep braying about Muslims bringing on sharia law. It is here.

Proof being that helmet hair harpy politician Sylvia Allen thinks that church attendance should be mandatory

Though she hasn't proposed a bill that would mandate such action, she does provide an "out" for us regenerates, I guess. According to this woman, who abides by the belief that the earth is only 6000 years old, people would be allowed to attend a "church of their choice."

Well, cool. That opens so many possibilities. Aside from the well-known worship of the Flying Spaghetti Monster, we childfrees could form our own worship. Those of us who are devoted to our pets could have our own church.

I don't think the daffy bint understands the implication of her words. I wonder how she'd like it if she was invited to attend church and join in the Pastafarian Prayer

Our Pasta, who “Arghh” in heaven, Swallowed be thy shame. Thy Midgit come. Thy Sauce be yum, On top some grated Parmesan. Give us this day our garlic bread. And give us our cutlasses, As we swashbuckle, splice the main-brace and cuss. And lead us into temptation, But deliver us some Pizza. For thine are Meatballs, and the beer, and the strippers, for ever and ever. RAmen.
March 31, 2015
So her life is ruined because some pro-liar piece of shit thinks she mishandled her own MEDICAL EMERGENCY? Let that sink in.

"Neglect" because the 23-25 week fetus died? Dumbfucks, that's what happens when a fetus is born that early unless it's born in the hospital! Even then, chances aren't great...it's under six months developed. I hope she gets a way out...a pardon, commuted sentence, plea deal, or something...I know the other woman this happened to a few years ago got out on a plea deal.

What's next, charging women with genocide for all the eggs (sorry, "pre-born baybeez") they shed during periods over the course of a lifetime?
March 31, 2015
The ACLU should pick this one up. She would be out in no time.
March 31, 2015
Techie

No? Are you being sarcastic? IN is pretty backward.

I'm happy that people are throwing shit fits over IN's new 'religious freedom' law. I especially liked this ~

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2015/03/30/rahm-emanuel-indiana-religious-freedom-restoration-act_n_6973806.html

Rahm Emanuel jumps in to try to lure biz's to Chi. Ha. He's such a sleazy guy grinning smiley
March 31, 2015
Zzelda
Techie

I'm happy that people are throwing shit fits over IN's new 'religious freedom' law. I especially liked this ~

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2015/03/30/rahm-emanuel-indiana-religious-freedom-restoration-act_n_6973806.html

Rahm Emanuel jumps in to try to lure biz's to Chi. Ha. He's such a sleazy guy grinning smiley

It's making other states pause on their own measures

GA and NC say "oops, maybe this ain't such a good idea after all."

I saw a headline where NC Republican Governor McRory declared elements of his state's version of such a bill "make no sense."

Smart fellow. McRory is aligned more strongly with business than religion. He's already seeing the dollar sign impact being wrought on Indiana. NC is slowly recovering from the economic crash, having been a state that attracted a lot of business from the '80s through the early part of 2000s. He wants to revive the state's attractiveness to business transplants.
Anonymous User
March 31, 2015
Dorisan
Zzelda
Techie

I saw a headline where NC Republican Governor McRory declared elements of his state's version of such a bill "make no sense."

Smart fellow. McRory is aligned more strongly with business than religion. He's already seeing the dollar sign impact being wrought on Indiana. NC is slowly recovering from the economic crash, having been a state that attracted a lot of business from the '80s through the early part of 2000s. He wants to revive the state's attractiveness to business transplants.

This is the first time I ever agreed with him on anything. Meanwhile, Mike Pence is doubling down and going full retard on his shiny new discrimination law. We'll see how dedicated he is to it when thousands of people are crying for his blood over Indiana's newly-denied business opportunities...
March 31, 2015
Dorisan
Zzelda
Techie

If NC and GA pass any similar bills, they can say goodbye to all that film industry money.

------------------------------------------------------------
"Why children take so long to grow? They eat and drink like pig and give nothing back. Must find way to accelerate process..."
- Dr. Yi Suchong, Bioshock

"Society does not need more children; but it does need more loved children. Quite literally, we cannot afford unloved children - but we pay heavily for them every day. There should not be the slightest communal concern when a woman elects to destroy the life of her thousandth-of-an-ounce embryo. But all society should rise up in alarm when it hears that a baby that is not wanted is about to be born."
- Garrett Hardin

"I feel like there's a message involved here somehow, but then I couldn't stop laughing at all the plotholes, like the part when North Korea has food."
- Youtube commentor referring to a North Korean cartoon.

"Reality is a bitch when it slowly crawls out of your vagina and shits in your lap."
- Reddit comment

"Bitch wants a baby, so we're gonna fuck now. #bareback"
- Cambion

Oh whatever. Abortion doctors are crimestoppers."
- Miss Hannigan
March 31, 2015
bershaw
ndiana's Religous Freedom Law is appalling.

Sentencing Purvi Patel to prison is justice. She attempted to abort her 6 possibly 7 month fetus using abortion drugs she bought online. Why? No place could legally peform an abortion for her at that point. That's not an Indiana thing.. for an elective abortion NO state would have performed one at that point.

Google the court documents.

That is not justice...it's an abomination. "According to Sue Ellen Braunlin, doctor and co-president of the Indiana Religious Coalition for Reproductive Justice, Purvi was most likely 23-24 weeks pregnant" last time I counted that is barely 6 months if she was that, and truthfully it's her freaking body...if she wanted an abortion it should be her damn choice! Every single fucking person crying for her blood would never even think about taking in an unwanted baby. Everything is fine and dandy until it's born then fuck it let it die.
March 31, 2015
bershaw
Indiana's Religous Freedom Law is appalling.

Sentencing Purvi Patel to prison is justice. She attempted to abort her 6 possibly 7 month fetus using abortion drugs she bought online. Why? No place could legally peform an abortion for her at that point. That's not an Indiana thing.. for an elective abortion NO state would have performed one at that point.

Google the court documents

You maybe somewhat correct, legally. But, what is legal is not always fair or even remotely right. Please remember, at one point and time, witch trials were legal, and so was slavery. Was it right? Time has shown that it was not.

I say you quit being such a legal drone, open up your mind and start seeing some fairness. There is plenty of attack on women's rights - GLOBALLY. This board was meant to preserve the very little that was left. Justice system is corrupt, broken and unfair. I see zero justice in sentencing this woman to prison and I will be very happy when she walks free, which hopefully will be very soon.
April 01, 2015
Dorisan

Proof being that helmet hair harpy politician Sylvia Allen thinks that church attendance should be mandatory

Though she hasn't proposed a bill that would mandate such action, she does provide an "out" for us regenerates, I guess. According to this woman, who abides by the belief that the earth is only 6000 years old, people would be allowed to attend a "church of their choice."

Well, cool. That opens so many possibilities. Aside from the well-known worship of the Flying Spaghetti Monster, we childfrees could form our own worship. Those of us who are devoted to our pets could have our own church.

I bow to his holy meatballs! I shall rejoice as his noodles becomes the Messiah to the masses!

eating popcorn

+++++++++++++

Passive Aggressive
Master Of Anti-brat
Excuses!
April 01, 2015
Didn't America go into Afghanistan to overthrow the Taliban and liberate women, yet US states are continually restricting women's access to abortion? Talk about ironic. smile rolling left righteyes2
April 01, 2015
Now you know you must destroy all the evidence for any miscarriage, clot or period.
April 01, 2015
kookiecrisp
Now you know you must destroy all the evidence for any miscarriage, clot or period.

This.

I had often thought that if I became knocked up, I'd abort. If I couldn't get a legal abortion, I'd do a home-made one, take the expelled fetus into the woods and bury it. The Pinelands is a big region. Go there at sundown with a small shovel, dig a hole, and stick the dead fetus into the ground and cover it up. Go home, wash out the plastic bag the fetus was in, cut it into small pieces, bleach it, and throw the pieces into the trash. Done.
April 01, 2015
bershaw

You're a fucking moron. Why would you register on a childfree site just to troll? Don't you have a fetus to gestate, or a kid to take care of?

Go away, before we out you.
April 01, 2015
Peace
bershaw

You're a fucking moron. Why would you register on a childfree site just to troll? Don't you have a fetus to gestate, or a kid to take care of?

I second this statement...GTFO now, or get ready to be fucking barbecued.

Why live in a fishbowl, when you could be swimming in the ocean?

"She, and all other rabid breeders, are like crabs in a bucket headed to Red Lobster. When they see a smarter crab escaping, they try to pull it back in." - Miss Hannigan

"Yeah, that's what family is about - guilt tripping people into cleaning up someone else's mess." - mrs. chinaski

(Shameless blog promotion: http://popcornculturejunkie.wordpress.com/)

(Cornucopia of visual rantage: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCD78oSD27mzAlVzsB0q2ibA)
April 01, 2015
popcornculturejunkie
Peace
bershaw

I second this statement...GTFO now, or get ready to be fucking barbecued.

mob with pitchforks chasing anothermob

+++++++++++++

Passive Aggressive
Master Of Anti-brat
Excuses!
April 01, 2015
bershaw

Oh, go fuck yourself blindfolded in a minefield, you weapons-grade thundercunt.

--------------

"The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who haven't got it."
George Bernard Shaw

"An oyster can play catch if u only give it the oprotunity"
Some random YouTube commenter

"hate comments will be deleted!! fuckers!"
Some random YouTube uploader

April 01, 2015
bershaw

This is why abortion should be legal with EXPANDED ACCESS, because then she wouldn't have needed to go get a medical abortion. Women don't want abortions like ice cream cones, they need them like a coyote who gnaws it's own leg off to be free from a trap. Women will kill themselves for reproductive freedom just as much today as they have done in the past. The simple fact that pro-birthers exist shows that women are regarded as property of the state as chief producers of human capital. You think this is about god or morality? PUH-LEEZE.
April 01, 2015
strange aeons
bershaw

Purvi Patel could have easilly offed herself as well as the unborn loaf. Aborting a six to seven month fetus on just abortion pills could have caused all sort of shit to go down such as bleeding to death.

Prison was six kinds of wrong for an attempted back alley abortion/suicide.

catharsist

This is why abortion should be legal with EXPANDED ACCESS, because then she wouldn't have needed to go get a medical abortion. Women don't want abortions like ice cream cones, they need them like a coyote who gnaws it's own leg off to be free from a trap. Women will kill themselves for reproductive freedom just as much today as they have done in the past. The simple fact that pro-birthers exist shows that women are regarded as property of the state as chief producers of human capital. You think this is about god or morality? PUH-LEEZE.

With Catharsist I am in complete agreement.

+++++++++++++

Passive Aggressive
Master Of Anti-brat
Excuses!
April 02, 2015
Zzelda
Techie

Well, you are probably correct, but I was basing this on the small number of people that I know from Indiana. All the ones that I do know are very much pro-abortion and are not into religion.
May 01, 2015
While I did not expect this woman to be falsely convicted, I did hope for an appeal. Well, I have hope for this world. Law professors are coming to her defense. People, you rock! Thank you!

http://wane.com/2015/04/30/professors-take-up-womans-appeal-of-feticide-conviction/

Wane.com

SOUTH BEND, Ind. (AP) — Law professors say they’ll defend at no cost an Indiana woman seeking to overturn her conviction in the death of her premature infant.
Thirty-three-year-old Purvi Patel of Granger was sentenced to 20 years in prison in March. Prosecutors said she took drugs from China to end her pregnancy rather go through a medical abortion.

May 01, 2015
The fact that the term "feticide" not only exists, but is apparently considered a crime makes me stabby. The suffix "-cide" usually indicates murder, and murder indicates a living, sentient, BORN person/creature. Infanticide, matricide, genocide, suicide, homicide, paricide, sororicide, etc. Notice how all those involve people who are already born. Feticide seems out of place. I'm of the mindset that, until it's officially born (not miscarried, but born born), it's a fetus and the woman can do what the fuck ever she wants with it. Clumpley can earn rights by coming out alive and staying that way for a while like the rest of us had to do.

The real crime here is that, due to cultural pressure and probably a lack of information, this woman had to do something dangerous to remove an unwanted fetus from her body. This is a developed nation and no woman should have to endanger her health like this. Yet she's treated as a criminal for forcing a clump out that was a few weeks past the legal elective abortion expiration date.

Peace
I had often thought that if I became knocked up, I'd abort. If I couldn't get a legal abortion, I'd do a home-made one, take the expelled fetus into the woods and bury it. The Pinelands is a big region. Go there at sundown with a small shovel, dig a hole, and stick the dead fetus into the ground and cover it up. Go home, wash out the plastic bag the fetus was in, cut it into small pieces, bleach it, and throw the pieces into the trash. Done.

Yup, agreed. I'd get that fetus out of me one way or another if a doctor refused to. I figure if I wound up with something too large to be flushed, I'd burn the evidence out in the fire pit (one upside to country living is no one gives a fuck if you burn trash), chop/crush anything that didn't burn and either bury it or throw it in the river. Good luck putting all those puzzle pieces back together, pro-liars! angry flipping off

I understand that right after sluicing/miscarrying and proceeding to bleed out, a woman's head won't be all that clear, even if she's got a plan all laid out. The abortion slope becomes slippery legally once a fetus is close to or beyond 20 weeks, so it's good to have something resembling an idea of how to dispose of the remains should the woman have a successful home abortion past five months.

Article
Despite Patel's claim that she gave birth to a stillborn child, prosecutors argued that Patel gave birth to a live fetus and charged her with child neglect. Prosecutors also claimed that Patel ordered abortion-inducing drugs online and tried to terminate her pregnancy, but a toxicology report failed to find evidence of any drugs in her system.

Soooo, they just think she used abortion pills and are charging her on this assumption when there was no evidence of the drugs in her system? That sounds totally fair. face saying 'error'r Pills for inducing abortion are only used during the first two months of pregnancy because the risk of using them after that is higher and/or the pills might just not fucking do anything at all. If a clump is too developed, abortion pills might just jump-start labor.

This is a pretty bleak case. Any woman could go to the ER for a miscarriage (induced or otherwise) or just plain heavy bleeding from endo/PCOS/fibroids and leave in handcuffs because someone feels that a fetus or potential fetus has rights. I also wonder if this lady would have faced legal repercussions had she been Caucasian. I don't know how racially diverse Indiana is, but I have a feeling that race may have played a role in this woman's sentence.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login