Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Parents Charged After 5 Y.O. Found Dead in Septic Tank

Posted by cfchevygirl 
Parents Charged After 5 Y.O. Found Dead in Septic Tank
April 03, 2015

The parents of a 5-year-old boy whose body was found inside a septic tank in Virginia last month have been charged with felony child abuse and neglect.

Pulaski County Sheriff Jim Davis announced the arrests of Ashley Jennifer White, 30, and Paul Thomas, 32, Thursday afternoon – a week to the day after the tragic discovery.

Their 5-year-old son, Noah Thomas, went missing from their home in rural Dublin on the morning of March 22 as his mother slept with her infant daughter.

After an intense-five days search, the child's body was found in a septic tank on White and Thomas' property.

'It came to a point where the evidence that we had we felt was sufficient to arrest them for probable cause,' said Commonwealth's Attorney Mike Fleenor of Pulaski County, reported Indianapolis Star.

The couple's 6-month-old daughter was removed from their home and placed in the custody of social services the day after Noah's body was recovered.

White and Thomas were each charged with two counts of neglect and abuse involving Noah and his baby sister.

Link

I found this story very suspicious when it first was reported last week. But, like so many other child deaths, it had SEEMED as though the police brushed it under the rug as an accident. I'm glad to see that was not the case. It never made sense to me that a kid of 5 would've been able to get into a septic tank by himself in the first place.

It's also interesting that the police dogs didn't hit on the septic tank until 5 days after the kid went missing. Does anyone here believe that dogs weren't brought in right away to look for the kid? I don't believe they waited for 5 days to use search dogs. So, if the dogs were there before and didn't hit on the septic tank, perhaps that's because the kid's body wasn't in the tank prior. I would not be surprised if moo and duh had killed the kid and then concealed his body somewhere; then figured once the police searched their property, they were okay to put him in the septic tank.
Re: Parents Charged After 5 Y.O. Found Dead in Septic Tank
April 03, 2015
How weird. Not to be looks - ist - but in the first pix they look much older than their ages. Hard drugs?

But in the lower pix - they look - "normal". I must be getting old because one thought that popped in my head was - "They look like nice kids".
What a cute little boy too. Sigh. Poor thing.

It seems like they wanted the kids, too. I wonder what happened here? Drugs? Meth? They almost have a meth look to them. Maybe it was an accident and they were both sleeping off a binge at the time.

A weird comment from Moo -

During their arraignment via teleconference Friday, both suspects objected to the presence of reporters in the courtroom.
'This is the saddest thing that’s ever happened to me in my life,' White was quoted as saying. 'I don’t feel people should be able to enjoy it over dinner.'

"Enjoy it over dinner?" I don't find anything enjoyable about reading stories like these, and I'm sure few people do. What a bizarre thing to say.

My guess: Someone snapped here and / or there were drugs involved. These people don't look right.

Poor kid ~
sad smiley
April 03, 2015
Just when you thought breeders could not get any grosser...
April 04, 2015
It could be that the boy was in the septic tank from the beginning but the contents hid the scent until decomp/putrification overwhelmed the smell. Then the dog would have gone nuts.

Not sure about the photos. The look more like very poor quality camera with the white t-shirts throwing the exposure and white balance out. They don't show any teeth as they're the real giveaway.

Either way, their punishment should be getting sealed inside a septic tank until the bubbles stop.
April 04, 2015
It's got PNA written all over it. Kyd was getting older and messing up their 'fun' time.
Zzelda
How weird. Not to be looks - ist - but in the first pix they look much older than their ages. Hard drugs?

But in the lower pix - they look - "normal". I must be getting old because one thought that popped in my head was - "They look like nice kids".

They were kids in the lower photos; those are photos of them in junior high and high school. That might explain the discrepancy in appearance.
April 13, 2015
Yeah, I can believe that dogs weren't initially used. Rural Virginia is, rural... You might get Cletus Fucktard as your local sheriff and they might have to bring in dogs from somewhere else. Like, far away somewhere else. There are dueling banjos in Virginia, trust me.
June 10, 2015
Moo's charges have been upgraded to murder.

A Virginia woman whose 5-year-old son was found dead in a septic tank was charged on Wednesday with felony murder.

Ashley White faces the charge in connection with the March death of her son Noah Terry Thomas, said Pulaski County Sheriff Jim Davis.

Noah's body was found in the septic tank on March 26 earlier this year.

White appeared before a magistrate Wednesday and is being held without bond, according to records from the New River Valley Regional Jail. Neither Davis nor the records revealed any details.

Cynthia Dodge, the Pulaski County public defender, declined to comment.

In a statement on Wednesday, Sheriff Davis addressed the felony murder accusation and said, 'Under Virginia law this charge is defined as the accidental killing, contrary to the intention of the parties, while in the commission of some other felonious act. That other felonious act listed is the abuse and/ or neglect of her child.'

White and the child's father, Paul Thomas, already were facing two felony child abuse and neglect charges. One count is related to Noah, the other to the couple's infant daughter, Abigail.

Thomas and White are accused of leaving the children home alone on March 22.

Link
June 11, 2015
bookworm
It could be that the boy was in the septic tank from the beginning but the contents hid the scent until decomp/putrification overwhelmed the smell. Then the dog would have gone nuts.

That's what I was thinking. Septic tanks are so rank with all kind of biological stuff and bacteria. I would think bones would cause problems with the septic eventually or be discovered when it is pumped. What a horrible place to put anyone, even dead.
June 29, 2015
blondie
bookworm

That's what I was thinking. Septic tanks are so rank with all kind of biological stuff and bacteria. I would think bones would cause problems with the septic eventually or be discovered when it is pumped. What a horrible place to put anyone, even dead.

This is sad. Poor little boy. Really hope they sterilize both parunts but the chances of that occurring are slim to none. They do stand out as tired, thin and aging rapidly so drugs are a very realistic possibility.
June 30, 2015
blondie
bookworm

I guess the yard was sufficiently messy that evidence of septic tank tampering wasn't obvious. It's not like popping the top on a box and dropping the kid in. Most homeowners wouldn't know where the opening of the tank was unless they saw the thing installed.

It does seem weird that this couple would have appeared to be "poor but respectable" until this incident. They weren't irresponsbile teen parents, they planned the child and waited several years until they had a second one. In speaking of the murder charge, the law seemed to want to emphasize that this wasn't premeditated or malicious:

In a statement on Wednesday, Sheriff Davis addressed the felony murder accusation and said, 'Under Virginia law this charge is defined as the accidental killing, contrary to the intention of the parties, while in the commission of some other felonious act. That other felonious act listed is the abuse and/ or neglect of her child.'

Sounds like something happened to the kid under the mother's watch, when she was asleep, and they panicked.

ETA: OK, recent breaking news

Thomas and White are accused of leaving the children home alone on March 22. White initially told authorities that she left Noah watching cartoons while she took a nap with Abigail. Pulaski County Commonwealth's Attorney Mike Fleenor later said in court that the couple told investigators they left their children at home while White drove Thomas to his job.

So, Mom and Dad didn't want to go to the trouble of bundling the baby into a car seat and strapping the chunky monkey (kid is 5 and weighed 60 lbs?) in for the ride to work, leaving the son to get into some sort of mischief that got him killed.

I predict a defense of: "It Was an Accident; They Didn't Mean For It to Happen" with a subsidiary plea of "They've Suffered Enough"
July 01, 2015
Please have been already dead before they put you in the septic tank.

That's all I can focus on with this story. He was so cute and looked so happy sad smiley
July 06, 2015
Shiny
Please have been already dead before they put you in the septic tank.

That's all I can focus on with this story. He was so cute and looked so happy sad smiley

I hope so, too. I guess they will be able to tell at autopsy. .That poor little boy didn't deserve an end like that. I hope they throw the book at the moo. The duh, too, because I guarantee that he was involved in this.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login