Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Mom sees a trip to the dentist as a mini vacation from the kids

Posted by Dorisan 
Re: Mom sees a trip to the dentist as a mini vacation from the kids
April 16, 2015
Yeah, tolerance to Sudafed builds quickly. sad smiley
My husband uses Allegra, which you can get OTC now, but I forget what its generic name is. Anyways, this stuff takes care of allergies for 12hrs and tolerance builds much slower. You'll want to have a small variety, switch to another one when one stops working, and so on, until you are using Sudafed again, and then keep rotating as each one loses effectiveness.

Sudafed tolerance, explains the meth problem well. What? I need more??? Yup.
Presto
Yeah, tolerance to Sudafed builds quickly. sad smiley
My husband uses Allegra, which you can get OTC now, but I forget what its generic name is. Anyways, this stuff takes care of allergies for 12hrs and tolerance builds much slower. You'll want to have a small variety, switch to another one when one stops working, and so on, until you are using Sudafed again, and then keep rotating as each one loses effectiveness.

Sudafed tolerance, explains the meth problem well. What? I need more??? Yup.

Generic Allegra is fexofenadine. smiling smiley

``````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````
"I have found little that is 'good' about human beings on the whole. In my experience most of them are trash, no matter whether they publicly subscribe to this or that ethical doctrine or to none at all."
~Sigmund Freud
April 18, 2015
I do believe I may have been sick. Yet again smile rolling left righteyes2

Their Mini Vacation of going to the grocery store seems to = me picking up their germs.

There seems to be an awful lot of 'low grade, hanging on' illnesses going around.

I can't parse these things from 'allergies' - I have no idea. I'm not even sure if I have allergies.

I could be picking it up 'at the office' too. My immediate work mates do not have kids, but there's enough of people in the building, touching things ~

GAH

I just got off the phone with a friend who lives close and we are *re dedicating ourselves* to the Health Improvement Plan!
We're going to be 'exercise' and 'healthy eating' pals. The problem is - we both tend to slack off.

How can you really 'ward off' germs, anyway? I already wash my hands obsessively, I try to avoid crowds, and 'peak kid exposure' whenever that may be - like a store early Sat afternoon. Or a "Children's Museum" or Pukey Cheese - WTF else can you do?

Note to Breeders: Your "Vacation" is my germ ridden NIGHTMARE.
April 19, 2015
I don't know what they used on me when I had my wisdom teeth yanked. It was an IV and then I was out cold. Woke up after the surgery was over with, completely lucid, and went to Kroger.

Apparently, though, one of the teeth was caught on a nerve when he was yanking it. It really jacked up my mouth getting it out. This was four or five years ago and the bottom-left portion of my mouth is still numb with the occasional sharp pain when if I poke it. Not looking forward to the day I get feeling back.
April 19, 2015
I am just now seeing some ad on TV for some kind of thing - that - I guess shaves dead skin off of your feet?

EEEWWWWWW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I do not have this problem. IMO if you do you're either not cleaning yourself right - or - you have poor circulation.

That's another one of their "Mini Vacations" - a "Mani Pedi" as they call it. OK - getting your nails cut and filed is - fun? Moos call this "Pampering" also. And get all excited about it.

PAHLEEZ! THIS is a BIG DEAL to you? Having someone else clip your toe nails? Pfffft. O, how easily bought are you smile rolling left righteyes2

I can clip my own toe nails. And I don't find anything 'fun' about it. I don't think I'd wanna pay someone like 50 bucks to do it, either. I can DIY that and it takes less than 5 minutes. And I won't distractedly chop into myself, either. Nor have to smell gross and head ache inducing nail polish fumes.

PASS.

I will save the money on shit like this - and spend it on my (upscale area) home home and (sports) car. I mention cars because the other day I saw this place calling itself - Their Name Auto Spa. A SPA - for CARS! smiling smiley I thought that was kind of cute smiling smiley

Yeah that's hella more work than clipping toe nails, too. Even 'detailing' them.

If I were involved with a man, who wanted to give me gifts - I would say - skip the 'Mani Pedi' gift certificate - I can DIY that! and let's put the money toward a HOT ROD!

I would also like some kind of Jacuzzi or Hot Tub. Maybe a pool. Not enough room here, well I could maybe do a small one. I want in ground also. Really can't do it here. I also like the 'lap pools' - which can go in basements. Can't do that either, floods too much here.

The idea being - let's save, and then get something cool! A gift certificate for toe nail clipping? NO THANK YOU.
smile rolling left righteyes2

No. BLARG.

And if Some Guy gave me such a thing I would know right there that he was just another Follower. And had no grasp of what sort of person I am.

Toe naill clipping IS a MooCation for sure. That's Pampering ~
smile rolling left righteyes2
April 19, 2015
Zzelda
I am just now seeing some ad on TV for some kind of thing - that - I guess shaves dead skin off of your feet?

Wasn't the Ped Egg was it? :eh??

I'm grossed out by the way it has a dead skin collector.

But the cracked heel thing? Oh, I have it. It's some farked up hereditary thing. My mother has the problem even worse. A simple remedy I've come across is epsom salts. I soak my feet in a hot concoction and it softens the hard skin enough to scruff with an ordinary foot file. However, I do it over a paper towel so I can dispose of the flakes in a non-gross fashion.

Now if you rilly wanna be grossed out, google "Baby Feet Peel."It's tempting; a quicker solution than epsom salts; but I don't think I can face the sight of shedding my feet like a snake.
April 19, 2015
Dorisan
Zzelda

Wasn't the Ped Egg was it? :eh??

I'm grossed out by the way it has a dead skin collector.

But the cracked heel thing? Oh, I have it. It's some farked up hereditary thing. My mother has the problem even worse. A simple remedy I've come across is epsom salts. I soak my feet in a hot concoction and it softens the hard skin enough to scruff with an ordinary foot file. However, I do it over a paper towel so I can dispose of the flakes in a non-gross fashion.

Now if you rilly wanna be grossed out, google "Baby Feet Peel."It's tempting; a quicker solution than epsom salts; but I don't think I can face the sight of shedding my feet like a snake.

I've seen those 'eggs' and this was even grosser - like a 'shaver' for 'dead skin'. And yes they showed the same type of 'product' being shorn off. ERG.

No dis here towards people who need such things ~

I myself *do have* dry skin and hair. Feet are OK. For the rest of the bod I really like these "St. Ives" products -

Can be found in most stores and are reasonably priced too.

More info -
http://www.stives.com/

Looks like you can order online too, if they're not in one's local stores.

I really do like their lotions and skin care products. I can afford 'higher end' - I bypass all that and choose these, they work *the best* IMO. Really good stuff! smiling smiley
thumbs upwink
April 19, 2015
Zzelda

EEEWWWWWW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I do not have this problem. IMO if you do you're either not cleaning yourself right - or - you have poor circulation.

I have that issue and it has nothing to do with cleanliness nor circulation.
The bottom of my feet builds up thick dead skin like crazy.
They are like thick leather.
Nothing works except to keep abrading it off (different filing products) on a semi- frequent basis and just living with it.
One bonus is that being in bare feet on a hot surface such as beach sand or pavement in the summer is less of a problem for me, than for many other people.
April 20, 2015
cassia
Nothing works except to keep abrading it off (different filing products) on a semi- frequent basis and just living with it.
One bonus is that being in bare feet on a hot surface such as beach sand or pavement in the summer is less of a problem for me, than for many other people.

I have that as well. If I remove the build-up, my feet are fine. If I don't, they hold scent even when washed, and it dries into a crust and my heels start to crack. So, gross or not (and I agree, it's pretty gross), I'm going to remove that thick skin.

I don't even get the hot surface advantage that you do, because while my heels are thick, the arch is normal and the ball only has a bit of extra skin.
April 20, 2015
cassia
Zzelda

EEEWWWWWW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Right, I'm seriously not trying to dis anyone here. My sincere apologies.

I suppose I don't 'get' this issue because I do have pretty dry skin - and I don't have 'this issue'.
And / or I was trying to think of ways to maybe prevent it.

Absolutely no dis meant, really sorry again - was not at all my intention.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login