Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Moo Blames Bee For Kids Drowning

Posted by cfchevygirl 
Moo Blames Bee For Kids Drowning
April 14, 2015
Does anyone seriously buy this?

An Arizona community is mourning the tragic deaths of twin toddlers who reportedly drowned after their mother let go of their stroller to fend off a bee.

It happened Friday, reports KYMA-TV. Alexis Keslar was pushing her twin 18-month-old sons, Silas and Eli, in a stroller along a canal in Yuma.

"The stroller rolled away from her into the canal, with the boys belted in the seat," police said Monday.

Police say Keslar went into the water to rescue her sons, but was unable to get to them. The current washed the stroller away. That's when Keslar called police for help.

City officials lowered the water level to help find the boys. After more than an hour of searching, the boys were located and flown to Yuma Regional Medical Center, where they were pronounced dead.

Link

How would this happen unless moo either batted the stroller while flailing at the bee; which the article doesn't claim? Also, the stroller would have had to have been facing down towards the canal if we are to believe it just happened to roll into the canal. Why would moo have the stroller facing the canal rather than parallel to it?
Re: Moo Blames Bee For Kids Drowning
April 14, 2015
::shakes head and snorts back an ironic laugh:::

The guy would be killed for it, but that story is ripe for an Oatmeal cartoon

ETA: something smells fishy.

Those canal paths aren't paved. They look like they are rocked or have sandy soil. Even looking at it from above, with google maps, those paths don't look like they have a smooth surface that would allow for a stroller to roll away from the mother.

And if the stroller happened to have slid off, down into the canal, why the eff was she so close to the edge?

I'm thinking that this is a PNA.
April 14, 2015
Doubters don't BEElieve her story ?
April 14, 2015
Well, this'll certainly create a buzz. I guess you could call this moo the queen of PNAs; no doubt she's earned her stripes with this. What a tragedy, though. It's enough to give anyone hives!

I'm sorry, that was grossly insensitive. Here, have a song to take the sting out of it:

--------------

"The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who haven't got it."
George Bernard Shaw

"An oyster can play catch if u only give it the oprotunity"
Some random YouTube commenter

"hate comments will be deleted!! fuckers!"
Some random YouTube uploader

April 14, 2015
strange aeons
Well, this'll certainly create a buzz. I guess you could call this moo the queen of PNAs; no doubt she's earned her stripes with this. What a tragedy, though. It's enough to give anyone hives!

I'm sorry, that was grossly insensitive. Here, have a song to take the sting out of it:

waving hellolarious

Nicely done!
April 14, 2015
Someone should've told the moo to bee careful. Moo wanted her pwecious loaves gone, and the bee was the frame-up. If there even WAS a bee. This is a new one on me.
April 14, 2015
cfchevygirl
Does anyone seriously buy this?

An Arizona community is mourning the tragic deaths of twin toddlers who reportedly drowned after their mother let go of their stroller to fend off a bee.

It happened Friday, reports KYMA-TV. Alexis Keslar was pushing her twin 18-month-old sons, Silas and Eli, in a stroller along a canal in Yuma.

"The stroller rolled away from her into the canal, with the boys belted in the seat," police said Monday.

Police say Keslar went into the water to rescue her sons, but was unable to get to them. The current washed the stroller away. That's when Keslar called police for help.

City officials lowered the water level to help find the boys. After more than an hour of searching, the boys were located and flown to Yuma Regional Medical Center, where they were pronounced dead.

Link

How would this happen unless moo either batted the stroller while flailing at the bee; which the article doesn't claim? Also, the stroller would have had to have been facing down towards the canal if we are to believe it just happened to roll into the canal. Why would moo have the stroller facing the canal rather than parallel to it?

Bees in Arizona are 100% Africanized. That means they're aggressive - very aggressive - and they don't attack singly, but in swarms. (It wasn't *a* bee that attacked the mother, but a swarm of them). All you have to do to piss them off is to be wearing the wrong color (they dislike red and black that I know of). Making any kind of noise in their vicinity is another thing that pisses them off. Africanized bees have surpassed rattlesnakes as the biggest threat to human life on the Sonoran Desert.

As to the stroller rolling into the canal, I can totally understand how that could happen, even if the stroller wasn't pointed directly at the canal. All it would take would be a chunk of rock to deflect the stroller towards the canal. Here in AZ, we have chunks of rock aplenty.

Let's not allow our distain for moos get in the way of having sympathy for an actual tragedy. I honestly don't think this was a PNA.
April 14, 2015
mumofsixbirds
Someone should've told the moo to bee careful. Moo wanted her pwecious loaves gone, and the bee was the frame-up. If there even WAS a bee. This is a new one on me.

And bees are having a crappy spell as it is, what with their population issues.

Now, if it was a hornet or wasp - that I might believe. Those fuckers are evil. I've been driven out of the backyard often enough. Last year I had to concede territory to a group of ground hornets who had burrowed a hive along the fence line. I couldn't even get close enough with the 20 foot spray. As soon as they felt the ground tremors of my tread, those bastards rose from the ground and swarmed at me.
April 14, 2015
skyeyes
Bees in Arizona are 100% Africanized. That means they're aggressive - very aggressive - and they don't attack singly, but in swarms. (It wasn't *a* bee that attacked the mother, but a swarm of them). All you have to do to piss them off is to be wearing the wrong color (they dislike red and black that I know of). Making any kind of noise in their vicinity is another thing that pisses them off. Africanized bees have surpassed rattlesnakes as the biggest threat to human life on the Sonoran Desert.

Whoa :goggle

Something tells me we're going to be seeing an updated reboot of those awful 1970's Killer Bees movies

That's an interesting expansion of this story skyeyes. I guess we can stand corrected.
April 14, 2015
Africanized bees 100% in Arizona? yet another reason I'm glad I didn't move out west with my folks. So killer bees bees bees and my mom.... yeah I'm staying here in Pennsylvania.

Totally off topic but funny story about the bees bees bees...
My friend's parents have this huge sheepdog. Huge.
But all my friend has to do is look at the dog and say "bees bees bees" and the dog freaks out.
Hilarious.

And now I must either listen to They Might Be Giants ( I've got a bee in my bonnet and a little birdhouse in my soul).... or B52s, for the hairdos.
April 14, 2015
the noodler
Africanized bees 100% in Arizona? yet another reason I'm glad I didn't move out west with my folks. So killer bees bees bees and my mom.... yeah I'm staying here in Pennsylvania.

Totally off topic but funny story about the bees bees bees...
My friend's parents have this huge sheepdog. Huge.
But all my friend has to do is look at the dog and say "bees bees bees" and the dog freaks out.
Hilarious.

And now I must either listen to They Might Be Giants ( I've got a bee in my bonnet and a little birdhouse in my soul).... or B52s, for the hairdos.

B52s!

This -

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h5F3PHvnQAQ

Has some PSAs re - beware pools in there, too grinning smiley

Or - what may be fished from canals?

Maybe - a Rock Lobster ~?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_NxSQYVFsBs

I'll look for you at the bottom of the (blue, blue) pool ~

grinning smiley
April 15, 2015
I hear that charges are being pressed against moo. Moo is about to bee in the slammer! Or was that the cheetah whore moo who is being charged? It is late and I just took some Ambien (legally prescribed of coursesmile rolling left righteyes2 ). There's so many moos, so little time to crack whack jokes....what's a girl to do?

``````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````
"I have found little that is 'good' about human beings on the whole. In my experience most of them are trash, no matter whether they publicly subscribe to this or that ethical doctrine or to none at all."
~Sigmund Freud
April 15, 2015
Wait, what happened to running with the stroller? I guess that "mama bear" instinct to protect her cubs is bullshit, unless it includes talking trash on the intarwebs.

Africanized bees or no, this looks like a case of negligence to me. If you were being chased by bees, wouldn't you run away WITH your fucking spawn, if you cared about them?

I'm of the school of thought that if your kid dies, there's at least SOME significant level of negligence afoot, and charges should be brought for that, at very least.
April 15, 2015
law
Wait, what happened to running with the stroller? I guess that "mama bear" instinct to protect her cubs is bullshit, unless it includes talking trash on the intarwebs.

Africanized bees or no, this looks like a case of negligence to me. If you were being chased by bees, wouldn't you run away WITH your fucking spawn, if you cared about them?

I'm of the school of thought that if your kid dies, there's at least SOME significant level of negligence afoot, and charges should be brought for that, at very least.

AGREED. If she couldn't catch the stroller then she should have been in that water about the same time it was to be able to grab the sprogs in time to do some CPR. Did anyone witness this? Probably not. She made sure she was alone in that park... trail.. whatever. Aren't her sproglings more important that having to nurse a few bee stings? I've been stung multiple times at once and would rather have to deal with that than the death of my ..well.. my dogs or hubby. Unless she was deathly alergic (and in that case should have an epipen while walking outside) then... this is very suspicious.
April 15, 2015
Well, I could certainly believe someone went running from a pack of 'killer' bees. But, moo is not claiming that. She's claiming she simply took her hands off the stroller long enough to swat one bee. I think if she had been swarmed, she would've said so.

If a bee (or other bug) is coming at you, I can see a person kinda flailing their arms; I'm sure we've all been there, trying to chase it away. How that would affect the stroller being sent into the canal, I don't see. Unless, like I said, she bumped the stroller while flailing at the bee. But, again, she didn't say that happened. She doesn't say she bumped or touched the stroller in any way. So, unless the stroller was already somewhat angled towards the water, I don't see how it would move on its own, or even with a gust of wind (which isn't claimed) and be redirected into the water.

Though I suppose that the stroller could've just spontaneously turned towards the water and ran downhill into the canal without anyone/anything touching it, it just seems extremely unlikely.

There is always a possibility that this isn't a PNA, but even then, moo is negligent for taking her children so close to a situation where something like this could happen. The one article even says people shouldn't be walking/jogging/biking so close.

But, when you think about it, what are the odds that a single bee would just happen to swoop down towards moo right when she is next to the canal and had to take her hands off the stroller? And I'm no bee expert by any stretch of the imagination, but, would a bee just be flitting around down by a canal? Aren't they generally in areas of vegetation where they can eat, pollinate and nest?

I don't know. Unless there is more to the story that is not being told for some reason, it seems highly suspicious and convenient to me.
April 15, 2015
She made 26K so far out of a Go Fund Me. http://www.gofundme.com/thekeslartwins

Local media is claiming it was a swarm rather than one bee. One commenter says this:

You've clearly never been attacked by a swarm.

Within half a second, you can be stung ten+ times, have them attack your eyes, ears, get into hair and up into clothing against your back and chest. Whether allergic or not, multiple stings are incredibly painful, cause intense swelling and can still kill.

Three bullshit meter registers for me:

1. Jogging strollers have hand brakes. Not just the one you step on (I had one for my old dogs.) They also have wrist straps that should be worn at all times.

2. I have yet to read that she was stung at all. Or that she got medical treatment for stings.

3. The cops report is vague:
http://www.yumasun.com/news/ypd-releases-details-in-twin-boys-deaths/article_1fd89fe8-e2b6-11e4-93a3-b7890d7e5424.html

Note that their report says A BEE.

I call bullshit, but she is getting rich off of GFM.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
From a bottle cap message on a Magic Hat #9 beer: Condoms Prevent Minivans
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I want to pick up a bus full of unruly kids and feed them gummi bears and crack, then turn them loose in Hobby Lobby to ransack the place. They will all be wearing T shirts that say "You Could Have Prevented This."
April 15, 2015
If it was one bee, all a person can do is stay still until they leave, of course I know nothing about African bees. Anyway most "Mamma bears" would totally jump into the water to save their kid or kids. If it were a swarm of Africanized bees you would think that she would jump in the water to save herself with the added bonus of saving the kids. If she was covered in them instinct would be to jump in the water. It is something how those gofundme people will jump on a story, send money, and then find out a few days later the "victim" is being charged with murder
April 15, 2015
Yeah, I don't buy this story. I can see running away from a swarm, but it says there was A BEE, and unless Moo or one of the kyds was deathly allergic and didn't have an epi pen (which would be negligent) I don't know why she would rather risk the kyds drowning than getting stung by a bee. I certainly hope she didn't murder her loaves, but her story reeks of B.S.

And why does the famblee need to raise $20k+ on GoFundMe? Were the medical bills that high even though the loaves were dead on arrival? I mean, it's not like the kyds need a college fund...:eh??
April 15, 2015
Even if it was a bee (doubtful), this story's still retarded. I mean, what kind of reaction is that for one bee? Providing one isn't allergic, anyway.

It'd make sense if it was a spider bee, though...

--------------

"The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who haven't got it."
George Bernard Shaw

"An oyster can play catch if u only give it the oprotunity"
Some random YouTube commenter

"hate comments will be deleted!! fuckers!"
Some random YouTube uploader

April 15, 2015
Oh, honeys, how you all drone on and on about the queen moo.
April 15, 2015
Too bad that moo couldn't beehive herself. May she feel the sting of regret.
April 15, 2015
blondie
Too bad that moo couldn't beehive herself. May she feel the sting of regret.

What kind of Bee comes to nurse ins?

BooBees

Africanized bees are mean lil assholes that seem to like to swarm-attack for funsies, just because they can. So I can see wanting to GTFO of there if that was the case. But yeah, I think my instinct would be to protect the kids by taking them with me and running like hell.

But A BEE? Singular? Not worth the fucking fit. There's no mention of allergies in either the kids or the mom, and I'm sure if that were the case the mom would have blabbed it first thing. And would have been carrying an epi-pen and some pacs of liquid Benedryl.

But again...if she was freaking out about A SINGLE BEE, wouldn't she want to grab her kids and RUN?

Something about this story doesn't pass the sniff test.
April 15, 2015
When I heard this story I laughed my ass off. BEEEES!

On a side note, the article I read had no thoughts concerning her injuries. When bees attack, they ATTACK.
Anonymous User
April 15, 2015
Smells like a PNA to me.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login