Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Fakebook Moo whining over friends going about their lives while daughter is missing

Posted by Cambion 
Last month, a Moo on my Fakebook told everyone that her daughter was lost. Mind you, the girl is an adult (in the 18-20 range, I think), has a job, and wasn't even missing more than 24 hours. From what I gathered, the daughter disappeared shortly after her fiance left her and refused to answer calls and texts. Her Moo had a nervous breakdown about it and asked everyone she knew to be on the lookout for the girl, call her phone, and just basically try to get in touch with said daughter and let Moo know she was alright.

I'm not criticizing her for being worried about her kid because I think any parent would be if their child of any age up and went missing. What did annoy me was Moo proceeding to rage at people who continued to post updates and pictures in the midst of her kid's disappearing act.

Plenty of people were worried about this girl and offered prayers/hugs/thoughts because they obviously cared, but does that mean they have to put their entire lives on hold just because the kid didn't answer Mommy's calls? If I had to guess, the girl was probably depressed over the breakup and wanted to be left alone for a night, so she turned off her phone and went and got drunk and/or high in peace (Note: Daughter was found to be "sick" - I assume from alcohol or drugs - but otherwise fine).

I'm glad she was found safe and alive, but I'm also glad the girl wasn't a minor because the whole state and all surrounding states would have heard the Amber Alert. Moo threatened to cull her friend list of all the meanie-heads who refused to offer support and/or dared to post updates while the girl was still missing.

Even if someone has died (regardless of age), you can't expect everyone else you know to drop what they're doing and cry about it for the entire time you cry about it. Besides that, there was nothing anyone could do to but sit and wait for the girl to contact someone and/or see if she was found. If someone I cared about was lost or passed away, I would surely appreciate sympathy if I chose to share the news, but I wouldn't get all butthurt if everyone went about their lives normally. It's because it's not their problem to worry about. It's mine.
My, isn't SHE important. smile rolling left righteyes2 I went through the biggest loss of my life a few weeks ago; I have lots of support and sympathy from those around me, but contrary to thinking they shouldn't be living their own lives, I feel guilty that my grief and loss are making them feel bad. Yes, it's a huge event in my life, but as you say, it's my life, not theirs. I'm grateful for their kindness, not resentful that they aren't suffering like I am. I wouldn't want them to. Sheesh.
I know I've quoted the man countless times, but I think the following from George Carlin rings true here: "Nobody cares about your children. I speak for everyone. I've been appointed by the rest of the group to inform you we don't care about your children – that's why they're your children, so you can care about them and we don't have to bother.”

Yes, family and friends of Moo and Calf will worry, but to expect everyone else to bring their lives to a complete halt like Moo is doing is just plain ridiculous. People have their own lives and might be going through their own stress, problems and tragedies at the same time. It's very difficult to care about other people's shit when you've got your own shit to worry about.

I guess people offering support wasn't enough. I bet if someone else's kid was hurt or went missing or worse, Moo wouldn't quit updating her damn page over it. Fuck their kid! Moo has to brag about her kid! smile rolling left righteyes2
None of that sounds like a healthy situation. Moo is entirely too much up in her adult daughter's business and adult daughter sounds entirely too dependent on Moo to be considering such a major life change along with a drug, alcohol or both problem. I hope the daughter is able to get her life together and get away from over - involved Moo. Even though in this case there actually was something wrong, adults have every right to turn off their phone and not communicate with other people if they want. It isn't that unusual, especially for a person who still lives with a nosy, prying person to just need a break and not have to deal with routine garbage for a day.
I don't tend to post about private stuff on Fartbook - I don't want the whole world knowing all my business, plus I would hate if my friends and family thought I was fishing for sympathy. If something goes really wrong in my life, I get in touch with close friends who I know will a) care and b) be able to do something to help, even if it's just going to the pub and having a bitch over a glass of wine.

Moo can't expect that however many hundred friends she has are going to put their lives on hold because something shitty happened to her - life goes on I'm afraid.
I'm the same way; I don't share anything private publicly via social media. I'll tell those closest to me who I know will care and who will listen if I need a shoulder to cry on. I don't even have my birthday visible on my page because I don't really celebrate it and I don't like it when others remember it either (no, it's not age-related or a test to see who can remember without a reminder. I just don't feel my birthday is worth celebrating).

But that's breeders for ya. They can't see beyond their own little crotch stains and understand that others have their own lives and their own shit to deal with. I guarantee Moo didn't do the friend culling because then she'd have fewer people to brag to on Fakebook when one of her brats or grandbrats does something "wonderful/exciting/cute."
I don't even have pictures of myself online. I might put some on later after my surgery and I beef up and stuff, but not now. I don't get why people put so much info on anyway.
Moo was sad that her free CNA was missing and that she would have to fund her own retirement when the time came. That and she was attention whoring.

``````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````
"I have found little that is 'good' about human beings on the whole. In my experience most of them are trash, no matter whether they publicly subscribe to this or that ethical doctrine or to none at all."
~Sigmund Freud
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login