Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Bingoing the Father of the Bride

Posted by crazy old crone 
Bingoing the Father of the Bride
April 16, 2015
Our office all went out to lunch a few days ago. It came up that our bosses 30 year old daughter is getting married this summer. Suddenly my moo co-worker started quizzing him; "Are you going to be a Grandpa soon? She's already 30, she will need to think about having kids before it's too late!" He told her he had no idea what their plans were re: kids. I found it quite bizarre that someone would stoop to bingo a man about the state of his daughter's ovaries. Dear God.
Re: Bingoing the Father of the Bride
April 16, 2015
crazy old crone
Our office all went out to lunch a few days ago. It came up that our bosses 30 year old daughter is getting married this summer. Suddenly my moo co-worker started quizzing him; "Are you going to be a Grandpa soon? She's already 30, she will need to think about having kids before it's too late!" He told her he had no idea what their plans were re: kids. I found it quite bizarre that someone would stoop to bingo a man about the state of his daughter's ovaries. Dear God.

Or the fact that they are now de facto commenting on his daughter's sex life. Yeah, I'm sure that the father wants to have to acknowledge the awareness that his child might be working on conception.
April 16, 2015
Oh my parents got hounded at work about my repro updates. I think it upset my mother since she wanted a grandsprog so much. She once said "They bug me at work all the time"
I told her "its reallly none of their business"

Why are people so obsessed with this stuff?
April 16, 2015
starlady
Oh my parents got hounded at work about my repro updates. I think it upset my mother since she wanted a grandsprog so much. She once said "They bug me at work all the time"

I think it's because some people just can't stand it when others don't follow the pack and instead, seek their own path. I've had this happen in other areas of life in addition to being CF. I've even been told "join us," which means stop choosing what I like to do and just follow everyone else. That's what this is all about. People need to grow out of it and respect others' freedom to choose.
April 16, 2015
Dorisan
crazy old crone

Or the fact that they are now de facto commenting on his daughter's sex life. Yeah, I'm sure that the father wants to have to acknowledge the awareness that his child might be working on conception.

I know! It was really cringe-worthy! What's he supposed to do, call them every night to make sure they are doing the dirty? GAG! Nagging her Dad was SOOOO idiotic!
April 17, 2015
If your baby oven dies when you are only in your 30s, then you have shitty genetics and shouldn't be breeding anyway. That being said, it is tactless and rude to be all up in someone else's reproductive choices. Do you want to sniff my cervical mucus too? I'll save some for ya!

``````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````
"I have found little that is 'good' about human beings on the whole. In my experience most of them are trash, no matter whether they publicly subscribe to this or that ethical doctrine or to none at all."
~Sigmund Freud
April 18, 2015
peace-n-quiet
Do you want to sniff my cervical mucus too? I'll save some for ya!

waving hellolarious

+++++++++++++

Passive Aggressive
Master Of Anti-brat
Excuses!
April 18, 2015
JohnDrake
starlady

I think it's because some people just can't stand it when others don't follow the pack and instead, seek their own path. I've had this happen in other areas of life in addition to being CF. I've even been told "join us," which means stop choosing what I like to do and just follow everyone else. That's what this is all about. People need to grow out of it and respect others' freedom to choose.

Most parents talk about it being "the hardest job in the world" but one that gives them the most satisfaction and happiness. I think that the ones who harp just can't understand why anyone else wouldn't want to feel like them. Which - to me - is akin to being a drug pusher. "Yeahhh, the needle going in hurts" or "meth does mess up your appearance; turns your skin into boils and sores" but "damn, it feels so good!"
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login