Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Invites from breeders you hardly know

Posted by cfdavep 
Invites from breeders you hardly know
April 17, 2015
Well, it finally happened to me. I got a baybee shower invite. Hubby came home and tossed the mail at me and said I got a baybee shower invite from "Dana" I said to spouse "Do you know who Dana is?" He says that it is his uncle's, second wife's daughter. I then remember meeting her for about two minutes 10 years ago at a dinner I had to go to. Apparently she remembered that I am alive when the stick turned blue and thought that since I am female I would go mental over it and drive 90 miles west of here with a gift. Um......NO. This woman is a stranger. Geez, of course there are so many stories like this on Bratfree.
Re: Invites from breeders you hardly know
April 17, 2015
I don't think you should go to the shower, but you should at least send her something for the baby. This, for example:

--------------

"The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who haven't got it."
George Bernard Shaw

"An oyster can play catch if u only give it the oprotunity"
Some random YouTube commenter

"hate comments will be deleted!! fuckers!"
Some random YouTube uploader

April 17, 2015
baby shower + relative you barely know = gift grab

smile rolling left righteyes2
April 17, 2015
In some etiquette circles, the invite alone obliges the invitee to send a gift, whether they attend the event or not. I'm sure breeders paid attention to that part (but figures it doesn't apply to them when they're the invitee). They don't care if you attend or not, you had just better send that gift. Cold, hard cash is an acceptable substitute.

------------------------------------------------------------
"Why children take so long to grow? They eat and drink like pig and give nothing back. Must find way to accelerate process..."
- Dr. Yi Suchong, Bioshock

"Society does not need more children; but it does need more loved children. Quite literally, we cannot afford unloved children - but we pay heavily for them every day. There should not be the slightest communal concern when a woman elects to destroy the life of her thousandth-of-an-ounce embryo. But all society should rise up in alarm when it hears that a baby that is not wanted is about to be born."
- Garrett Hardin

"I feel like there's a message involved here somehow, but then I couldn't stop laughing at all the plotholes, like the part when North Korea has food."
- Youtube commentor referring to a North Korean cartoon.

"Reality is a bitch when it slowly crawls out of your vagina and shits in your lap."
- Reddit comment

"Bitch wants a baby, so we're gonna fuck now. #bareback"
- Cambion

Oh whatever. Abortion doctors are crimestoppers."
- Miss Hannigan
April 17, 2015
I was going to suggest sending the happy couple a box of condoms, although strange aeons' idea is a good one.
April 19, 2015
I would send them an etiquette list. On how not to piss off CF people.
April 19, 2015
Many years ago I worked with a woman, or rather we worked in the same place. I didn't know her well at all but we both worked late and I would occasionally give her a ride to her car when we got off work.

I moved to a different department and didn't have any contact with her for three years, then she gets piggo and I got an invitation to her shower. I remember thinking, holy crap, she barely knows me. Never invited me to anything else before that, and nothing since although she did send me a couple of e-mails. She tried to get pregnant for 13 years and finally succeeded at age 42 or something like that. Frankly, her life sounded like a nightmare: husband didn't make as much money as she did but of course wouldn't help with anything, etc. She told me she had frozen embryos left and was going to transfer the rest of them. Ugh. I don't believe she was successful.

I caught up with her a couple of years later. She asked me if I was "ever" going to have kids and I said, no, and as a matter of fact I have found a doctor who was willing to give me a hysterectomy and end my female problems and I was really looking forward to that. The next step was to schedule the procedure.

She actually sent me an e-mail after we talked and told me if I wanted to have children I "should never give up" because it took her 13 years to get her Little Mirakul. saying 'wtf'

I NEVER expressed any desire to have kids at all and I was happy about my hysterectomy.

Dumbass Breeder Brain. the world 'fail' on flames
April 19, 2015
Yup, gift grab for sure. Breeders are sooooo transparent.
April 19, 2015
bell flower
I moved to a different department and didn't have any contact with her for three years, then she gets piggo and I got an invitation to her shower. I remember thinking, holy crap, she barely knows me. Never invited me to anything else before that, and nothing since although she did send me a couple of e-mails. She tried to get pregnant for 13 years and finally succeeded at age 42 or something like that. Frankly, her life sounded like a nightmare: husband didn't make as much money as she did but of course wouldn't help with anything, etc. She told me she had frozen embryos left and was going to transfer the rest of them. Ugh. I don't believe she was successful.

I've dealt with this same type of person many times. You won't get an invitation to any event that does not involve a gift for her child. You will get an invitation to every event that does involve bringing a gift for her child. It really is that simple.

The big events WITH invitation: Loaf shower, Christening [if applicable], 1st birthday, 1st Christmas [or Hanukkah, if applicable], elementary school graduation, middle school graduation, bar/bat mitzvah [if applicable], high school graduation, 18th birthday, 21st birthday, college graduation.

The small events WITHOUT invitation: any birthday 2-17, 19-20, or another type of occasion which would not require a gift.

bell flower
She actually sent me an e-mail after we talked and told me if I wanted to have children I "should never give up" because it took her 13 years to get her Little Mirakul. WTF!

Some people are willfully ignorant. They don't get it, and they never will. The next time she starts pulling that crap, casually mention that it costs nearly $500K to raise a kid 0-21 in this country, including college expenses. And it could be considerably more if the kid is a loser or unmotivated to leave the nest, as we've seen in recent years.

I'm not interested in paying for another person's college expenses, clothes, shoes, school supplies, prom dresses, sports equipment, etc. etc. etc.
April 19, 2015

I've dealt with this same type of person many times. You won't get an invitation to any event that does not involve a gift for her child. You will get an invitation to every event that does involve bringing a gift for her child. It really is that simple.

The big events WITH invitation: Loaf shower, Christening [if applicable], 1st birthday, 1st Christmas [or Hanukkah, if applicable], elementary school graduation, middle school graduation, bar/bat mitzvah [if applicable], high school graduation, 18th birthday, 21st birthday, college graduation.

And Heaven forbid these cheapskates would hold a party for adults and offer you some decent food to pay you back for all the money you've pumped into their kyds.
April 19, 2015
bell_flower
And Heaven forbid these cheapskates would hold a party for adults and offer you some decent food to pay you back for all the money you've pumped into their kyds.

Pfft. You'll get a few pigs in a blanket, maybe a hamburger on a stale bun, and a small cup of flat, tasteless Coca-Cola. After a small sliver of cake, you'll be handed your jacket and shown the door.

Don't worry though, your generous gift has earned you a spot on the list to attend the next party which will require you to bring a gift!
April 21, 2015
I looked at the invite again and they are registered at "Baybees r Us" She wants to know who will be there by May 10th. I don't think I will ever bother telling them I am not coming to this thing cause that would take effort
Anonymous User
April 21, 2015
I knew this one chick in college who I swear is on the pathway to grabby breeder status. We were in the same Theatre program, but she worked in costumes and I worked in scenery. After two years of her pity-party bullshit, I stopped interacting with her unless I had to. When she started a Kickstarter to get others to pay for her to study abroad in London, I refused to give her the time of day. I had some funding issues for my study abroad trip, but I dealt with it myself and didn't try to gouge my friends for funds.

Well, two years after graduation, I get a friend request from her on Facebook. I accept it mostly because I didn't want our mutual friends to have to deal with her potential belly-aching if I didn't. Then I get an invite to help pay for her fucking wedding! Fuck. That. SHIT! You wanna get married, great. But you fucking pay for it yourself! My girlfriend and I have agreed that it'll be a couple of years before we get married, because we want to save up the money to pay for it ourselves. Do people not have dignity, anymore?!

And then I see her on Facebook talking about her bridal shower, and asking more people to come (likely for more gifts). I couldn't help but laugh at that. I guess everyone else saw through her fund-raising schemes, too. So, I felt it wouldn't rock the boat too badly if I removed her from my friends' list.

Well, a week after that, I came into town to see a play at my Alma Mater. Afterwards, at the cast party, I was sitting with all of my college buddies and the subject of "grabby-paws"'s wedding came up. I got asked if I got an invite to the wedding, to which I replied, "Nope! But I sure got an invite to pay for it!"

Cue the chorus of "Holy shit, me too!" Jesus Christ, what kind of gall do you have to ask someone to pay for a wedding, but not even invite them?!

If she has a kid, I get the feeling that I'll be getting another Facebook friend request...
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login