Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Semi-fresh loaf isn't even 1 year of age, yet he already has his own personality? Huh? Is someone feelin' that hormone high or what?

Relative, who's in her early 20s, sluiced for the first time (she cannot afford the kid, BTW), and posted a status update basically about how much she loves the wee one's personality.

I've only congratulated her out of politeness but am secretly thinking having a baby is a shame because she cannot afford a child (the father isn't much help) and contributed to overpopulation.

I think she's high off of those hormones and/or the novelty of it all...
I wouldn't really class an under toddler age child as having a personality so much as having clearly visible moods and objectives, for instance you can tell if a baby is usually a in a cheerful mood, fussy, aggressive, if it enjoys playing with others or alone, is crying for attention or just happy to watch the world around it.

You can't however tell me that it has a judgemental personality, a narsistic personality, optimistic/pessimistic, frugal, romantic, because it hasn't had enough time to develop and be exposed to situations that require a personal opinion, and won't probably be free to think outside what its perants have told it to think and act till it reaches school age, till then, its just a clean slate that's only copying its perants without further input from its self, because that requires a personal opinion based on ones own personality.

Its always annoying when a unfinacially stable person chooses to bring a life into their hell, but to her, its probably the only thing motivating her to keep going, she's probably still drowning in hormones or telling herself lies to make her life situation seem better or brighter than what I really is, a least the kids to young to be aware of the it all right now.
Exile is right. You can see moods but can't see any personality yet.

This is nearly on the same level as the argumentation the anti-abortion-crazies use.
"You cannot have an abortion, you can't kill a human being with a personality".
I have a PNB friend who said of her first child, "Come on, he's eight months old. He's a potato who eats and poops." She didn't expect him to be scintillating company, and didn't pretend otherwise.
kittehpeoples
He's a potato who eats and poops." She didn't expect him to be scintillating company,

waving hellolarious

+++++++++++++

Passive Aggressive
Master Of Anti-brat
Excuses!
kittehpeoples
"Come on, he's eight months old. He's a potato who eats and poops."

I used to know someone who said almost the exact same thing about her babys, but the thing is, their right, unless you get a mini genius, it wont be doing anything of interest for quite some time. that's why I don't understand what changed in the last 15 years to make people think otherwise.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login