Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Duggar catchall, 2015.

Posted by cfaspiegirl26 
Re: Duggar catchall, 2015.
May 25, 2015
Re: toddlers,
Was there ever a mention of the victims' ages at the time when this occurred? I guess I just assumed that the victims in question were the oldest sisters, since it mentioned one of them was reading a book, so I assumed the victims were maybe between 10-12 years at the time and not sisters who would have been toddler age at the time.

Things must be desperate now in the House of Duggar, worrying that the tainted gravy train might have finally come to an end.

Just a few odds and ends that never get explained with the Duggars:

I never understood the hypocrisy of the Duggars hooking up with TLC in the first place. TLC and the Duggars...talk about strange bedfellows. Of course, back then when this show first started, maybe TLC was not the trash fest that it is now. But the Duggars have certainly continued to stay with TLC and I assume they've renewed their contracts long after they knew the road TLC was on.

Of all entities for this conservative fundie famblee to hook up with, they get in bed with TLC.

I know their religion dictates that they become self sufficient by earning an income working for themselves rather than working for someone else. I don't know if the official reasoning behind that is purely financial or if it's because thou shalt not work for any of the evil sinners in today's evil culture.

That said, why would the Duggars continue to stay with TLC when TLC has long since stopped being a learning atmosphere and long ago morphed into a freak show with all kinds of trashy people exhibiting everything the Duggars and their religion think is so awful: swearing, nudity, children out of wedlock, drugs, drinking, and every other vice that the Duggars and their religion preach against?

Perhaps the official reason is that the Duggars wanted to provide a holy roller example for all of us evil people out there so that we didn't succumb to the evils of the culture being promoted on other TLC programming. JimBob was a state representative at one time. He wasn't as insulated and sheltered from how society works as his kyds are (or at least, were). He all along knew perfectly well what TLC was about, and so did his Gothard mothership.

I guess they just needed or wanted the money. It had to have been purely about getting money for the Duggars and for the Gothard HQ, which it has been mentioned was losing lots of money for a long time.

Another reason they're with TLC, of all things....I think, despite claiming that they're not going to succumb to the evils of the culture, that at the end of the day, the Duggars are not so immune from good old famewhoredom after all.

Since before the show came along, JimBob has supposedly owned several cell towers and has been somehow in the real estate business, renting out commercial properties in whatever capacity, but it must not have been a big enough income, so they needed money from the show. I read somewhere that they were in the process of building this house for years, but it never came to fruition until the TLC money finally came along.

How about the kids' incomes from this show. I wonder about all the money the parents should have set aside for each of the kids, money they each should have earned all these years from participating on the show.

The money probably all goes back into JimBob's commercial real estate ventures and the household living expenses. However, does anyone know if, legally, was JimBob required to be putting money in a trust for each of them all these years? And once the kids each reach a certain age, like 18, would the network be required to have the kids sign their own contracts so they can earn their own money?

I;m just thinking about trusts for them, and direct income once they reach 18, that could be their Escape Money. Unless of course they're so indoctrinated that they follow in line like good little cult robots and marry early to another equally fundy fundie and breed like cockroaches so that they remain fully entrenched in the cult's clutches, no matter how much money in whatever obscure trust ever comes their way.

Something else that's always bothered me...the bedrooms. Even without the idea of sexual abuse, it's so wrong to me to have common sleeping rooms for both genders, toadlers through adults, and make them all live in the same room. I don't know about the boys' room, but at least in the case of the girls, the older girls can't have their own beds; they each have to have a little girl sharing their bed.

Teenagers and now fully-grown men and women having to still share bedrooms with toadlers, And their fans see nothing wrong with this for healthy development. Even without the sex abuse aspect. WTH? I've heard the Duggars say Oh, but the kyyyyyds WANTED it that way; they all wanted to room together!

I can see well-indoctrinated stepford robot kyds saying that because they know it's what they're supposed to say and they don't know how to think for themselves. And I know it's common in many cultures for famblees to all live in one room together and all share the same sleeping quarters, but the Duggars are completely unassociated with any of those cultures.

I've also wondered today about CPS, and will they be investigating Josh's household and the main Duggar household. And why doesn't CPS ever raid those strange indoctrination "camps" the kids get sent to both at the HQ in Chicago and at the "emergency responder" (it's part of their religion...WTF?) camps in Texas or wherever they conduct them.

They're taught fear and submission early with "blanket training." This is apparently some kind of highly-recommended and popular training method with the cult, written by some backwoods couple who is a member of the cult, which teaches parunts to start early with their kids by putting an infant on his blanket and then deliberately tempt him with a toy or bottle, and when he crawls off the blanket to reach for it, you smack him. WTF.
May 25, 2015
Zzelda

Freya, those are very interesting stories. Of course I'm very sorry you had to deal with all that. Hopefully you're in a better place now. My parents were not all that religious. They were 'strict' in general, like about school, homework, chores, and we did get some 'lite' religion as younger kids, but they were also open minded and didn't try to clamp down on us too much.

I'm not religious. I might be interested in taking up Voo Doo if I can see some concrete results.
grinning smiley

Now you can call me paranoid too - but I honestly think that there's a concerted effort to get people to breed out there. Let's face it - consumer spending = 70% of the US GDP.

Thanks Zzelda, I hope it isn't happening anymore to others. It was fairly common in the region when I was a kid.
I agree and think there is a definite link between breeding and consumer spending.
Also, a huge link between taking away the free time/initiative of adults and replacing it with child-rearing, as we all know that a huge amount of time and energy is required to sprog. If an adult has to work two jobs just to exist it eliminates the possibility of free time and cuts way back on independent thought and questioning authority/power.

The nanny state and cameras everywhere capturing everything add to this as well and at least we can hide from it and enjoy solitary activities, that would be practically impossible as a parent.

I had a friend who said the worst part of being a parent is that people are constantly in your business whether you want them to be or not because of children. Some kid wanders over to your house because they know you have kids and interrupts and hears personal conversations/business. Next thing you know their parent is at your door wanting you to watch their kids while they ____ __ _____. And you can't avoid answering the door because your kid is outside and they know it (this was her biggest complaint). Or worse, you answer the door and you're drafted into babysitting. Or, her kids wander off and go visit a kid whose parents happen to be drug dealers, etc. Then she is stuck in some weird drama trying to explain to the kids why they can't wander around and make friends with so and so.

I adore my privacy and find it all completely repugnant. In the age of cell phones, I never answer my door to unannounced visitors.
May 25, 2015
night owl
Teenagers and now fully-grown men and women having to still share bedrooms with toadlers, And their fans see nothing wrong with this for healthy development. Even without the sex abuse aspect. WTH? I've heard the Duggars say Oh, but the kyyyyyds WANTED it that way; they all wanted to room together!

I can see well-indoctrinated stepford robot kyds saying that because they know it's what they're supposed to say and they don't know how to think for themselves.

I can't even imagine wanting to share a room with a baby. Maybe this is for convenience because you know those teenagers are the ones changing the baby diapers all the time.

Then again, the majority of people I know just love being around lots of other people all the time. I've known others who can't stand being alone for more than a few minutes at a time. They're not big into privacy or solitary time. Is love of privacy a quality of the introverted only?
May 25, 2015
Freya

I adore my privacy and find it all completely repugnant. In the age of cell phones, I never answer my door to unannounced visitors.

I am an extrovert, but I also adore my privacy & being allowed to let out my inner Asbergers!

People with Asbergers tend to do things like rocking back and forth, and the 'normals' sometimes do not take well to that. Normally, my autistic side 'is in my pocket' when I'm out in public; I can blend in well.

+++++++++++++

Passive Aggressive
Master Of Anti-brat
Excuses!
May 25, 2015
I found this story in some comments somewhere - evidently some of 'these people' - Gothard and Hobby Lobby - are involved with funding paramilitary camps?

http://www.dailykos.com/story/2008/02/07/452169/-Hobby-Lobby-Gothard-and-the-funding-of-Joel-s-Army-with-guns#

This is rather disturbing ~

These people are crazy and they want to take over! It IS like The Handmaid's Tale!

I'm so glad this shit is blowing up in their faces! I always *knew* what these people were (FASCISTS) - and I am so glad to see more and more coming to light.

These are dangerous people. And NO, you shouldn't "respect their views" because they DO NOT respect yours - and in fact want to *force you* to conform to their views.
Re: :cen Ma duggar is at it again!!!
May 25, 2015
freya
creativelycf
Only a person with intelligence could come to this conclusion. I've yet to meet anyone who does this in modern times who is even somewhat intelligent. If birth control isn't easy to figure out than I don't know what is. If that fails then there are abortions FFS, which are legal and always better than bringing an unwanted child into the world.

This works for men as well as women. It is a basic IQ test I apply towards any man I date: you didn't want children but too stupid to wrap it up and now you have them anyways? No date, that is more stupid than wanting them in the first place. Stupid enough to trust a woman when it comes to birth control? No date, sooner or later you'll be a dud and blaming the woman for "tricking" you won't make any difference whatsoever.

As far as birth control goes I've no concerns as I took an extreme rout to avoid the clump. I took birth control & my uterus in hand, and now the uterus + eggs are in the medical trash.

:GOMIIMOG

+++++++++++++

Passive Aggressive
Master Of Anti-brat
Excuses!
May 25, 2015
stillwaters
angry flipping off Their FUped attention is still centered all around Josh --- what about his victims?

What about the victims?!?

waving hellolarious

The only place that you'll see a whole lot of sympathy for the victims is right here on this forum. Please do not expect there to be any counseling provided for them, no therapy, no charges against the perpetrator, nada. Nothing.

If Jim Bob cared about the victims, his own daughters, this crime would have been reported a long time ago.

Concerns for the victims are inconsequential when weighed against a big-$ reality television contract.
May 25, 2015
freya

I can't even HEAR the door, so no visitors who do not call don't get attention.

+++++++++++++

Passive Aggressive
Master Of Anti-brat
Excuses!
May 25, 2015
Zzelda
These are dangerous people. And NO, you shouldn't "respect their views" because they DO NOT respect yours - and in fact want to *force you* to conform to their views.

The Duggars are not "live and let live" type of people. They never were. I've tried explaining this to colleagues who watched their show and claimed that they just wanted to have a lot of kydz and be left alone. I always said that nothing could be further from the truth.

Having a family patriarch covering up for sick crimes perpetrated against his own daughters tells you a lot about the moral compass of this family's "leaders." Don't think for one minute they wouldn't throw most every member of this board in a concentration camp if given the chance.

As for me... I'd probably be executed immediately. tongue sticking out smiley
May 25, 2015
night owl

Something else that's always bothered me...the bedrooms. Even without the idea of sexual abuse, it's so wrong to me to have common sleeping rooms for both genders, toadlers through adults, and make them all live in the same room. I don't know about the boys' room, but at least in the case of the girls, the older girls can't have their own beds; they each have to have a little girl sharing their bed.

I can see well-indoctrinated stepford robot kyds saying that because they know it's what they're supposed to say and they don't know how to think for themselves. And I know it's common in many cultures for famblees to all live in one room together and all share the same sleeping quarters, but the Duggars are completely unassociated with any of those cultures.

I've actually considered the bedroom issue myself. When I was a kid i spent a lot of time alone in my bedroom - reading, watching what I wanted to watch on my little tv, and forming my own opinions about it all. If someone is literally never alone, they don't have time to think, to explore their feelings, to explore their own opinions.

I'm a huge introvert and I spend a lot of time alone. It surprises me how many people straight up find that odd to the point of seeming threatened by it. It wouldn't surprise me if any Duggar children happen to be introverts, they're regularly shamed and questioned over wanting to be alone. I experienced the same thing when my fundy aunt took me to a summer bible camp when I was a kid. I didn't want to join in with the other kids in their lame ass kickball game - not my cup of tea by a mile. She straight up started calling me names to get me to conform with the Borg.
May 25, 2015
Zzelda
I found this story in some comments somewhere - evidently some of 'these people' - Gothard and Hobby Lobby - are involved with funding paramilitary camps?

http://www.dailykos.com/story/2008/02/07/452169/-Hobby-Lobby-Gothard-and-the-funding-of-Joel-s-Army-with-guns#

These people are crazy and they want to take over! It IS like The Handmaid's Tale!

I'm so glad this shit is blowing up in their faces! I always *knew* what these people were (FASCISTS) - and I am so glad to see more and more coming to light.

Holy shit! And I thought the right wingers had the market cornered on crazy! Daily Kos must own stock in the Reynolds tin foil division...
May 25, 2015
Zzelda

I agree and I recall "The Strong-Willed Child," "Preparing for Adolescence," and "Institute in Basic Youth Conflicts" (this one was a big seminar notebook) sitting right on the bookshelf, well before I could read. Eventually I asked my mom what the titles were. These people view anyone who has different views as a complete and total threat and they would force their views collectively if they could do so.
May 25, 2015
Zzelda

I found it through your link Zzelda...

It is called tomato-staking and it is a technique designed to keep untrustworthy children always within 3 feet of a parent. THAT must be why the Duggars keep their kids within close proximity of each other, so they can rat each other out! It goes perfectly with the mindset of these people, they will make sure someone is always watching and there is no privacy. Spying is perfectly acceptable.

Godly parenting link for giggles!
May 25, 2015
breakstuff
Zzelda

Holy shit! And I thought the right wingers had the market cornered on crazy! Daily Kos must own stock in the Reynolds tin foil division...

All of those media outlets are crazy based on who is writing the checks. Limp - baugh and O'Relly would be maoists and Maddow would be fascist if the other side was pen in hand.

craftyzits

I am an extrovert, but I also adore my privacy & being allowed to let out my inner Asbergers!

People with Asbergers tend to do things like rocking back and forth, and the 'normals' sometimes do not take well to that. Normally, my autistic side 'is in my pocket' when I'm out in public; I can blend in well.

This is a really good coping mechanism and you sound better at being out in public than I am, craftyzits.
Anonymous User
May 26, 2015
What the Duggars did to all their children, male and female alike, can only be called "soul-murder"*.

Did one of them have the potential to be a scientist, or a writer, or an artist? Acting ability? A knack for inventing? Who knows : Since they were never allowed to explore the world on their own, discover their own strengths and talents, their abilities will remain fallow. Even if they escape, they are so hopelessly behind their contemporaries, they can never catch up.

Both male and female alike were only allowed very narrowly prescribed roles, and were not even allowed to read books or surf the net alone, without "guidance" from their abusers.

The difference is that the male Duggars were automatically allotted a position superior to the girls by virtue of maleness, the promise that someday they could abuse and dominate in their turn, at the price of total obedience in the meanwhile.

This meant that, while the girl Duggars were abused by at least one brother and by both "parents", the boys were abused by the "parents" only. A hierarchy of abuse, IOWs. Parents>boy Duggars>girl Duggars.

This enabled the abused Josh to abuse his siblings in his turn, while the sister-Duggars were helpless against both him and the so-called parents.

Josh Duggar is a victim AND an abuser, but while it is correct to pity and sympathize with the pre 14 year old Josh, his actions afterwards are as heinous as his parents', who forced his victims to "forgive" him and go on living under the same roof with their molester. At 14-17, he was old enough to know better**, AND he was so much older*** than his sleeping victims that it is amazing (and disheartening) that some online are excusing his unconscionable actions as "playing doctor" and "normal childhood curiosity".

Given that the loathsome Duggar mating pair once forced an 8 year old daughter to stand in front of her church congregation and confess to the unparalleled crime of masturbation, it is safe to conclude that the sister-victims were shamed for what had been forced upon them, and told to "search their hearts" for what they had done to contribute to the "problem"...Assuming they were not outright blamed for "tempting" poor Josh .

* A phrase I borrow from the German language. I discovered the term while reading an account of the life of one of Freud's patients, a German judge (Schreber?) subjected to severe child abuse . His personality was more destroyed totally than warped by his upbringing: Hence the term soul-MURDER.

** Even with his stunted upbringing.If he had thought his "fondling"was OK...If this were innocent childhood curiosity...He would have fondled them openly, and not waited till his victims were asleep. He KNEW.

***By my 12th birthday, I had achieved my full adult height and weight (a towering 5' 3" and 105 lbs) and needed to wear an underwire bra. I have met 14 year old boys (some even a bit younger) who are inches taller than me and already need to shave.Physically, it is quite possible for a 14 year old to be an adult(mentally and emotionally,of course,they're not)
May 26, 2015
Re Zzeldza's Dailykos link about the ALERT camps...YES!

The Duggars are eyeball deep in this ALERT shit. They always have presented ALERT to their audience as being something like scout camp where the kyds go to learn "emergency responder training." .Which is obviously such BS when I think the truth is that their cult wants to eventually become like any other terror group and dominate the world "for the good of humanity," of course.

And when this violent uprising happens, they want to have yes, "emergency responders," (i.e., first aid), and I'm sure they do indeed learn first aid, but I think they're really there for a much darker purpose, and there's a lot that goes on there that doesn't get out. It's always seemed like they're whitewashing what's really going on, and I think "oh, it's really just like scout camp" is just a front for the ALERT camps actually being very similar to those "survivalist" groups who go all military and arm themselves with intent to use those weapons. Only unlike survivalists, they're not planning to hide out in bunkers, but instead I think they fully plan to be PRO-active and BE a military operation in order to force the sinners of the world to obey their commands.

It may be very tin-hatty, but crackpots who are both well organised and well funded should be something to be very wary of.
May 26, 2015
I've never really liked the Duggers. A lot of it is because they adhere to that doctrine of babies and marriage being almost top in life, of which this doctrine is almost haughty in the way it's stressed and implemented, forcing any related woman to be a caretaker even if she isn't desiring to be a mother herself. It also feels like this doctrine stresses that a person isn't important unless they are one half of the inner nucleus that a clutch of children revolve around, all other things being secondary (as is obvious) to the power of her fecundity. It's possible they unconsciously created a cult of fertility and of children, only believing that this is for God rather then being aware of what it really is.

I really hope that the children wake up and realize that their worth lies not in their uterus or their male genitals, but in worship and seeing others before themselves, and not in some twisted idea that man (like Gothard) has thought up.
May 26, 2015
stillwaters
night owl

see the post on duggarfamilyblog.com called "Josh's Resignation From FRC" - it's practically indignant that poor widdle Joshie is in trouble now! This is over and done with! Joshie follows Gawd now! Joshie felt bad for what he did! Joshie sought guidance on this years ago! All you people need to let this go and stop believing what you read on other websites! smile rolling left righteyes2

I think this is pretty standard for how many fundies think. They have their own culture and "justice system" - all that's really required is that they confess to jebus and act sorry. Then all's forgiven and you're pure and holy again. No sin is really worse than any other sin. The sin of Josh molesting young girls ranks along with taking a cookie after jim-bob said "no". They do think the world is overreacting - Josh's sin has been absolved, and that's all they care about. Never mind the damage he may have done to the girls, never mind that this sort of behavior can indicate serious disturbing issues is the perpetrator. He said he's sorry - no need for counseling (for anyone), no need to watch him around minors in the future, heck give him a wife so he can bake more victims.

My aunt shows the exact sort of disdain towards the justice system that dares to hold her son accountable for the murder he committed when he was 17. My cousin "found gawd" after he was arrested, and she is truly exasperated that they are insisting he actually serve out his life sentence.

This also shows how many rights and consideration females have in this sort of culture. It's inevitable that poor Josh will be tempted by the flesh - if he slips its totally understandable! No, the girls don't need counseling - their bodies belong to men anyway.

That is how they think: once they say they're sorry, they're forgiven by God.

I was once groped by one of those fundie assholes. When I confronted him about the religious tripe he'd been spewing not long before, he said God would forgive him if he was sorry. Showing great repentance, he then pleaded with me to fuck him. That was years ago, and I'm still mad whenever I think of it.
Re: Duggar son admits to molesting girls,including sisters
May 27, 2015
StudioFiftyFour
If Josh Duggar wasn't a TV star and instead just a regular guy pumping gas at the Texaco station, I'd bet dollars to donuts she'd leave his ass the second she found out he was doing all that nasty stuff...

She would never have married him in the first place.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
From a bottle cap message on a Magic Hat #9 beer: Condoms Prevent Minivans
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I want to pick up a bus full of unruly kids and feed them gummi bears and crack, then turn them loose in Hobby Lobby to ransack the place. They will all be wearing T shirts that say "You Could Have Prevented This."
May 27, 2015
FWIW, there has been very little about this in the MSM. I'm a tv addict so I KNOW there weren't any stories about these fuckwits on CNN, MSNBC, even HLN, no whiff of Dr. Dred or Nancy Hate....

I can smell the campfire from the D's camp now as they're circling wagons.
May 27, 2015
I'm fascinated by all this and have been reading all the various articles out there. Gawker and Raw Story have quite a few.

I never watched these people on TV, Or, maybe once or twice a few years back when I had cable TV. In fact, bilge like this was one of the reasons *I got rid of* cable. Most of what I know of them comes from the net.

And besides the 'Far Out' or 'Fringe' nature of some of these people - I worry about how they may influence others, or - I even worry about the "watered down" version of These People.

"Fundamentalism" is interesting to me to. I did not have 'hard core' religion shoved down my throat. Reform Jew = Jew Lite. And it is so similar to Lite Christian as to be almost identical. IIRC both have alot to do with Golf. Ergo, Tiger Woods must be Jesus L. Ron Mohammed.

Consider this - just because it's full of bizarre coincidences ~

First off I will say that I live on the W. side of Chicago. I came from Lower MI, apx. 100 N. It is the same as 'here'. I also lived on the opposite side of Lake MI, farther N, near the IL / WI state line. It is the same as 'here'. This is all 'here' - Urban to Suburban areas. I will get back to this momentarily.

But first - let me address some incidents a bit 'farther West' of here - In the Western Suburbs ~
Where I go to buy cigarettes - that's a separate 'county' and the taxes are less than the shockingly high taxes of Cook Co.

So once you pass 'the county line' - this one area is pretty $$$ upscale - and that's where this Gothard creep had his offices. Office rent in Hinsdale / Oak Brook IL *is not cheap*. Continuing W. is the 'strip mall' where I get my cigs. And a short bit W. of there is a Hobby Lobby.

Right North of that are some very swank subdivisions with homes in the multi million dollar range. In one of these homes lived a basement dweller, but you need not fear for Captain Neckbeard nor his future because he had a 3 or 4 M trust fund. No Hobby Lobby job for him! He decided to spend his time enhancing his wacko self which culminated in his attacking a Synagogue a bit further NW of there. More info
here.

All of this Fundy and Garbage Ideology (which often goes hand in hand with hard core Xtian stuff) - IS influencing people! It's *happening right around me*. I can see it.

And if this isn't Upscale American Suburbia I don't know what is. And you'd think people would *know better*.

I used to live in Hinsdale, IL, I am almost embarrassed to say. No, I don't have alot of money. On a positive note, I decided to look it up on CD for some reason lately, and I saw on there that they went 50% for Obama. So that's something.

Going "Back Up North" I also noticed that Manistee, MI (a place I am thinking of moving to) also went over half for Obama. MI used to be more Liberal. WTF happened there? Don't even get me started on that. They're infiltrating and taking over ~

Consider WI also. We can go on all day long about that. I did not live there but right by the state line there, on the IL side. And in that area, on the WI side - some lunatic asshole shot up a Sikh Temple! angry smiley More info here -

here.

All of this Far Right ideology IS having an effect on people!

And what about the 'watered down' versions there of? All the Propaganda might not turn you Quiverfull - but it might brain bake you enough to move to Suburbia and start breeding ~

Which I do believe is the intended goal of much of this type of Propaganda.

On a positive note - with the aforementioned incidents - All Types Religions stepped forward and offered help, IIRC with the Sikh temple shooting a Synagogue up there was the first to offer support, and in the case of this other Jewish Temple being attacked - IIRC it was some Muslim group that was the first to step up in solidarity and offer support. And plenty of other Christian Churches (Including Catholic) followed suit.

And I do hope these people, any and all, are fairly 'open minded' in their views. I would like to think so. I would like to think this is a mostly "Liberal" area.

But I can see these types creeping in 'socially' - as well as in concrete ways such as taking over political offices. I say 'taking over' because Gerrymandering is often involved. If their non stop Propaganda doesn't work - they resort to dirty tactics.

By "these types" - I mean the "Hard Core / Far Right". Enough of the more - so they say - "Moderate" types scare me as well ~
(Including "Libertarians" and "Tea Partiers")

It's Creeping Fascism ~ make no mistake ~
May 27, 2015
stillwaters

I've actually considered the bedroom issue myself. When I was a kid i spent a lot of time alone in my bedroom - reading, watching what I wanted to watch on my little tv, and forming my own opinions about it all. If someone is literally never alone, they don't have time to think, to explore their feelings, to explore their own opinions.

I'm a huge introvert and I spend a lot of time alone. It surprises me how many people straight up find that odd to the point of seeming threatened by it. It wouldn't surprise me if any Duggar children happen to be introverts, they're regularly shamed and questioned over wanting to be alone. I experienced the same thing when my fundy aunt took me to a summer bible camp when I was a kid. I didn't want to join in with the other kids in their lame ass kickball game - not my cup of tea by a mile. She straight up started calling me names to get me to conform with the Borg.

I was reading before I started going to kindergarten. I, too, had a bookcase full of books in my room - no tv set - but books and lots of educational toys like Legos, tinker toys etc.

In our living room, we had two ceiling-to-floor bookcases full of encyclopedias, all kinds of reference books, plus a small collection of antique books, the kind with the gold paper edges, that was my mother's. That living room was about the coziest part of the house - with a huge picture window with its own awning (southern exposure) and the sofa in front of it, a fireplace, piano, bric-a-brac, a marble coffee table. And I was allowed to be alone in that room by myself with one of the books. Doubt any of the Duggar kids could ever experience something like that since they're not allowed to read non-Christian non-fiction anyways.....
May 28, 2015
freya
craftyzits

This is a really good coping mechanism and you sound better at being out in public than I am, craftyzits.

Thanks for the compliment!

Even when I had a roomate, the pair of us would share the front room, kitchen, and bathroom only. Our bed rooms were our home-zones.

+++++++++++++

Passive Aggressive
Master Of Anti-brat
Excuses!
Anonymous User
July 01, 2015
Joshue Duggar is being sued by one of his victims:

One of Josh Duggar’s molestation victims is planning to file a lawsuit against the reality show star and former anti-LGBT activist.

The suit will be filed by a victim who is not a family member, reported InTouch Weekly – which first broke the news about the molestation case.

The new report is based on anonymous sources.(snip)

Rest of story and comments at link:

http://www.rawstory.com/2015/07/sex-abuse-victim-to-file-lawsuit-against-josh-duggar-report/comments/#disqus
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login