Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Teacher fired for calling out bully behavior

Posted by JohnDrake 
Teacher fired for calling out bully behavior
May 19, 2015
This teacher tried to stop a bully in his tracks and ended up getting fired just for telling him to stop and think about what he was doing.

https://www.yahoo.com/parenting/teacher-i-was-fired-for-publicly-shaming-bully-119289264107.html
Re: Teacher fired for calling out bully behavior
May 19, 2015
Good article and good for that teacher!

Check out her GoFundMe page:

https://www.gofundme.com/uu36pvg

This morning's goal was $10k. It's over $11k now. (the goal has now been increased to $25k, though)

Hopefully she will get her job back or will get a better job in a saner school district. :yr
May 20, 2015
This is such utter bullshit that the school district is calling the teacher's treatment of the bully as bullying behaviour in and of itself.

HELLO!

Bullies SHOULD BE publicly shamed!

Bullies only understand ONE kind of language, ONE kind of communication, and that's when you get UP IN THEIR FACE and call them out on it and publicly humiliate them.

It's called justice, not bullying.

In a courtroom, calling witnesses to the stand for testimony would be called the procedure of justice. But in a skrewl, it's mean, poopiehead teachers making a widdle boy feew embawwassed! Awwwwwww!

Give me a giant, fucking break already.

Good for this lady for not backing down.
May 21, 2015
I applaud this teacher for what she did. More teachers should be doing this. It would prevent a lot of schoolyard violence and suicides.

Even when I was in school, in the 1970s-80's, no teacher would step in and help me when I was being bullied. I had to defend myself, and when I did, I got detention for it.

One particular time comes to mind in grade five, when this little bitch named Tara wanted to beat the fuck out of me because I ended up being on her softball team during P.E. After it was over, she started chasing me. I ran away from her, but she was catching up to me, so I grabbed a huge rock and chucked it at her. She fell to the ground, as I apparently fractured her elbow.

I got detention that day, even though I told the teacher that I had no choice, I was defending myself because she was going to kill me. She was a big kid, much bigger than me, and I couldn't do anything else.

Two days later, she comes to my house and rings the bell. Her arm is in some kind of sling. She says to me, "My mom says that if you ever touch me again, I have her permission to kill you."

I replied by saying, "Keep talking like that, and I'll break your other arm too."

She left my house crying, and she never bugged me again. bouncing and laughing
May 21, 2015
Fuck that school. Like night owl said, the only language bullies understand is their own. Discussing their precious peewins or taking away recess doesn't do shit to fix their behavior, and the fuckin' parents never do anything about it. In order to attempt to show them that their behavior is wrong, you have to bully them right back and make them cry.

But the school district says her exchange with the boy amounted to bullying in its own right. “On April 14, 2014, you asked students in your classroom to take turns saying how the student (‘Student A’) had acted badly, violated rule or insulted them, and/or why Student A was annoying or had no friends...”

This sounds fantastic. This teacher didn't lay a finger on the little shitstain, but she effectively showed him what a pissant he was being and humiliated him. This is precisely what he needed, and I'm sure the little monster ran home crying to Moo because he didn't get his own way. If Moo was a PNB, she'd praise this teacher for trying to set her rotten little monster straight, but as always, the brats prevail over the teachers. I'm frankly glad to see a teacher step in and try to stop bullying and I hope she wins the lawsuit. It is not inappropriate or unethical to give a bully a taste of their own medicine, and anyone who says it is either has never been bullied or was/is a bully themselves.
May 21, 2015
Strikes me that these skools are talking out of both sides of their assholes.
First they puff their wads out and go on about stopping bullying. And when someone actually does it...
Who wants to deal with the little f-ers in the first place. you have to deal with their scumbag egg and sperm donor which can be infinitely worse: and explain why the hip-tumor is the way it is.
oh, by the way, I don't know if anyone has coined that term

ALL KIDS ARE NOW OFFICIALLY HIP TUMORS.

two cents ¢¢

CERTIFIED HOSEHEAD!!!

people (especially women) do not give ONE DAMN about what they inflict on children and I defy anyone to prove me wrong

Dysfunctional relationships almost always have a child. The more dysfunctional, the more children.

The selfish wants of adults outweigh the needs of the child.

Some mistakes cannot be fixed, but some mistakes can be 'fixed'.

People who say they sleep like a baby usually don't have one. Leo J. Burke

Adoption agencies have strict criteria (usually). Breeders, whose combined IQ's would barely hit triple digits, have none.
May 21, 2015
She did what I recall some of my teachers doing, they would bring the bad behavior to the attention of the class. One time a kid smacked me hard with a book and the teacher had me smack him back and when I didn't do it hard enough she told me to smack him harder with the class encouraging me. We all got a laugh out of it, the original smacker included, now the teacher would get fired.

There was a lot of teasing crap going on, like spitting and things like swirleys, and indian sunburns, snapping elastics, arm punching and all manner of idiotic childish things. But of course it is wrong when a kid is really targeted. I think this teacher did the right thing with the dumbass kid in this story and I hope she does not lose her job.
May 21, 2015
If she does keep her job, it makes me wonder: will she be allowed to take action like this against future bullies, or will she have to tread extra-delicately in order to stay employed? If it's the latter and the little assholes in class find out about it, they'll have her wrapped around their little snowflake fingers. "You can't tell me what to do or else I'll tell everyone you were picking on me and you'll get fired!" And yeah, there's always some anti-bullying campaign going on, especially after the occasional story of a bullying victim who commits suicide or shoots up their school. But when someone tries to stop the bullying from continuing and possibly escalating to a tragic point, they're the assholes.

The way I see it, schools have two options: either the staff actually takes action against bullying and punishes the bullies, OR they allow students to defend themselves and/or fight back without fear of punishment. It can't be both ways anymore because it's a system that favors bullies... and the bullies are well aware of that.
May 21, 2015

But the school district says her exchange with the boy amounted to bullying in its own right. “On April 14, 2014, you asked students in your classroom to take turns saying how the student (‘Student A’) had acted badly, violated rule or insulted them, and/or why Student A was annoying or had no friends...”

This is NOT bullying. This is getting the little sociopath to understand the consequences of his behavior. If the fact that his continued harassment and assault hurts his classmates/victims escapes his conscience, then turn it around and show how his actions towards others affect him in the long run (i.e., everybody hates him, he has no real friends, etc.).

This needs to be repeated at a special school board meeting with the little shit and the people responsible for him present. Bring the students and have them reiterate that their precious little shitstain has no friends and everybody hates him and that he's creating a hostile environment for everybody else. It'll be hard for the school board to continue to justify keeping the needs and wants of one bully over the needs and wants of the majority.

All these idiots have done now is give the bully even more power. He can continue his campaign of terror with impunity and anybody in authority is powerless to stop him. Until one day his victims reach their breaking point and kill him. Then suddenly those kids are the bad guys and the bully the innocent victim who "everybody loved" and nobody points out that this kid was actually a godawful piece of shit who made everybody around him miserable and the world allowed him to violate people.

------------------------------------------------------------
"Why children take so long to grow? They eat and drink like pig and give nothing back. Must find way to accelerate process..."
- Dr. Yi Suchong, Bioshock

"Society does not need more children; but it does need more loved children. Quite literally, we cannot afford unloved children - but we pay heavily for them every day. There should not be the slightest communal concern when a woman elects to destroy the life of her thousandth-of-an-ounce embryo. But all society should rise up in alarm when it hears that a baby that is not wanted is about to be born."
- Garrett Hardin

"I feel like there's a message involved here somehow, but then I couldn't stop laughing at all the plotholes, like the part when North Korea has food."
- Youtube commentor referring to a North Korean cartoon.

"Reality is a bitch when it slowly crawls out of your vagina and shits in your lap."
- Reddit comment

"Bitch wants a baby, so we're gonna fuck now. #bareback"
- Cambion

Oh whatever. Abortion doctors are crimestoppers."
- Miss Hannigan
May 22, 2015
That teacher is a hero in my opinion. As someone who was bullied at school (until I took matters into my own hands in high school and broke a little shit's arm) I wish the teachers had made this kind of stand. Instead they treated me as if it was my fault for being bullied because I "made myself different"

Yet another reason I don't want to breed- I would hate to expose my own kids to the shite that goes on in schools, mostly at the hands of other brats.
May 22, 2015
When I was in grade school back in the 1970s, I got picked on a lot. Being the teacher's pet who got straight As made me a prime target. The teachers and the school admins were pretty useless to stop any of it. But when I had finally reached my breaking point and began fighting back, things changed. First, my fears about getting into trouble if I fought back disappeared because I correctly assumed that the inaction by the teachers and school admins against the bullies would become inaction by the teachers and schools against me. And the teachers and schools knew I wasn't the one to start these fights, being a straight A student who never got into trouble with anyone. Second, I knew my parents would support me after hearing me complain about the bullies for years. (My dad would later tell me after that first time I fought back how proud he was that I finally stopped taking all the crap from the bullies.)

Many of the bullies I fought back against stopped bullying me once I started fighting back. I didn't win all those fights, sometimes I took some hits although often the bully got into trouble once the admins saw my injuries (nothing worse than a bloody nose) and heard from witnesses supporting me.

My favorite story about fighting back was in the 9th grade when this bratty kid picked on me. He once ambushed me in the hallway and pushed me into an empty classroom. We began to tussle but I was able to get behind him and pull the hood of his sweater (what would be called today as a "hoodie") over his eyes. Being taller than him gave me an edge here because I was able to punch him in the face anywhere it was still exposed. Punching him this way with my free hand did not give me a strong punch, but as I knew back then you don't need to punch someone hard in the face to inflict some pain. Standing behind him with the hoodie pulled down over his eyes means he can't hurt me much, if at all. After that little fight, he never bothered me again.

The teacher in this story is my hero. I wish I had a few of those when I needed them.
May 22, 2015
yummynotmummy
Yet another reason I don't want to breed- I would hate to expose my own kids to the shite that goes on in schools, mostly at the hands of other brats.

Same here. It always breaks my heart when I read a news story about a child who has committed suicide because of bullying (like these ones, for just a few examples). It then makes me indescribably angry when I see the school's head defending the school with that tired old meaningless phrase: "The school has a rigorous anti-bullying policy"- they always do, don't they? Just try Googling "rigorous anti-bullying policy" to see how many of the results are news stories about children committing suicide.

I'd hate to have a child, be legally obliged to send it to one of these joyless hives of bullying and cruelty and see them come home upset and withdrawn every day as the teachers did nothing to help. If I was a parent of a child who had committed suicide and heard a teacher tell me "the school has a rigorous anti-bullying policy" I think I would genuinely want to strangle them.

I'd be deeply ashamed if any child of mine became a bully themselves. Unlike all those breeders who somehow forget what their school days were like I know that many kids are vicious little shits- it isn't "kids these days" or "the youth of today", a large proportion of kids are little bastards and this has always been the case. I accept that the chance of producing a little bully is high and that's a chance I don't want to take by breeding.

At school (and beyond) people often side with the powerful to avoid getting picked on- pupils do it but teachers and other staff do it too. At my school it was as if the teachers were frightened of spoiling the bullies' fun and would turn a blind eye to bullying because just letting them get on with it kept them quiet. Often they'd even join in... They seemed afraid to help out the victims, as if they didn't want to be seen as siding with the kids who were weak, powerless and uncool, and like they were desperate to be popular with the bullies themselves.

I can understand children behaving like this out of fear, but grown adults whose job it is to protect children in their care have no excuse. I don't know how these bullies-all-grown-up can live with themselves.
May 22, 2015
Before Dh and I discussed being childfree, we talked about being bullied, both of us, and agreed if we ever had a child that bullied another child, and if our child were a boy, his punishment would be to go to school... in a dress.

Sorry about the run on sentence.

My solution for bully prevention?
Mandatory liability inaurance to attend a piblic school.
If your little snotrag bully spawn negatively affects anothers education, well, the bully's premium goes up and the victim can now afford a new iphone and the latest expensive sneakers. Im surethe victim's new swag will surely improve his social standing among his peers.

Problem solved.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login