Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

another moment to appreciate child freedom

Posted by ladybug2203 
another moment to appreciate child freedom
May 22, 2015
My sister just finished her freshman year of college, a very $$$$$ private college, she had a partial scholarship (3k a semester), which she needed to maintain a certain gpa to keep and didn't, now my parents will be paying up.

That'll never be me, that'll never be me, that'll never be me :GOMIIMOG
Re: another moment to appreciate child freedom
May 22, 2015
ladybug2203
My sister just finished her freshman year of college, a very $$$$$ private college, she had a partial scholarship (3k a semester), which she needed to maintain a certain gpa to keep and didn't, now my parents will be paying up.

Yeah that's another thing I'll never do--pay for someone else's college "experience," which usually consists of drinking, drugs, sex, ... and at best they'll earn a worthless degree in a subject nobody cares about and/or is unsuitable for any practical, job-seeking purpose.
May 22, 2015
My parents didn't/couldn't(?) provide for college for me...if I hadn't gotten a scholarship, I couldn't have gone. Period. And I had plenty of peers who had to get scholarships or loans to go. Makes me wonder how many parents actually DO pay for their kids' college.
May 23, 2015
My parents (or rather, my mother since my dad had been dead for a few years by that point) paid for my undergrad. But I was also raised with strict standards when it comes to academics. There would have been no acceptance of me getting a fluff degree unless I could fully justify it. I got a degree in psychology, which my mother was 100% fine with given that she's a research psychologist.

------------------------------------------------------------
"Why children take so long to grow? They eat and drink like pig and give nothing back. Must find way to accelerate process..."
- Dr. Yi Suchong, Bioshock

"Society does not need more children; but it does need more loved children. Quite literally, we cannot afford unloved children - but we pay heavily for them every day. There should not be the slightest communal concern when a woman elects to destroy the life of her thousandth-of-an-ounce embryo. But all society should rise up in alarm when it hears that a baby that is not wanted is about to be born."
- Garrett Hardin

"I feel like there's a message involved here somehow, but then I couldn't stop laughing at all the plotholes, like the part when North Korea has food."
- Youtube commentor referring to a North Korean cartoon.

"Reality is a bitch when it slowly crawls out of your vagina and shits in your lap."
- Reddit comment

"Bitch wants a baby, so we're gonna fuck now. #bareback"
- Cambion

Oh whatever. Abortion doctors are crimestoppers."
- Miss Hannigan
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login