Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Childfree dating and why I hate it

Posted by freya 
Childfree dating and why I hate it
June 01, 2015
I divorced a year ago (officially) but separated three years ago.

I've tried dating a few men I know (fail) and so recently I ventured into online dating. First off, although I live in fairly large metropolitan area, I only return about 30 men who don't have sprogs nor want them in my age group (a few years younger to ten years older). So I also include men who state they "probably don't" want sprogs because that enlarges the dating pool substantially.

Recently I had one who asked me for coffee and offered his number to text. Since texting him (about 10 texts) he has managed to interject sprogs three times in conversation. Twice I've gracefully avoided acknowledging this but have replied to the rest of his text. Today, I received a third one. At this point I'm ready to just assume that where there is smoke-there is fire. He has also managed to make a number of other asinine comments in the few texts we shared. I wouldn't be surprised if I receive a text with the lone word "kids" or "children" in it. Or if we did go out, I'd either have to hear about sprogs or maybe he'd "spontaneously" decide he wants them.

Any ideas of what his motivation would be in doing this? Seems like self-sabotage to me, if he wants a date with me. If not, why even bother texting in the first place? There are a bazillion women out there who want kids, why push my buttons when he knows I don't want them? My only other thought is that he is talking to so many women that he has completely forgotten I'm not a wanna-be breeder and thinks he is impressing me by interjecting sprogs every chance he gets.

Other than here or when a brat is doing something heinous in my presence I don't discuss sprogs. I have zero interest in doing so.
Anonymous User
Re: Childfree dating and why I hate it
June 01, 2015
freya
There are a bazillion women out there who want kids, why push my buttons when he knows I don't want them? My only other thought is that he is talking to so many women that he has completely forgotten I'm not a wanna-be breeder and thinks he is impressing me by interjecting sprogs every chance he gets.

I hope I don't come off sounding too harsh here-- it's not directed at you:

He's either a piss-poor listener or can't keep you straight among the other ladies he's chatting up (which, for all we know, could total all of 1 besides yourself)... Might want to keep looking.

I hate to even say that sentence, because my guts still clench when I remember singlehood/dating (DH better not die before I do!).

You have a distinct set of values and attributes that a fellow searcher of quality will deeply appreciate. Keep yer pecker up friendly hug
June 01, 2015
If I had to guess, I'd say he's looking for a woman to bang who hasn't bred yet and he's willing to agree with whatever you say to get a date, and he's hoping to slowly ease you into having kids by "subtly" mentioning them. In other words, he thinks you're desperate for a mate and he just has to change your mind. Or that he thinks his genes/looks/cock are all so magnificent that you'll change your mind about having his babies once you feast your eyes on him and meet him.

I think wanna-breeders see childfree folks as some kind of challenge. You say until you're blue in the face you don't want kids and they think they can change you. Sometimes they let you know right away about their motives, but other times, they lie to your face for years in a committed relationship and you fall for it.

It also shows that you have actual standards, unlike other breeders and wanna-breeders. It might explain why so many breeders and wanna-breeders think they're "entitled" to relationships with childfree people rather than sticking to their own kind. They want to be the first ones to piss in the pool, like it's some kind of accomplishment. It doesn't seem to cross their tiny minds that we sure as fuck don't want their asses if they have kids, want kids or are leaning closer to the breeding side of the fence.

I'd tell this one to fuck off. Maybe he doesn't understand the concept of a woman who doesn't want kids ever, or maybe he doesn't care. You don't have to hate kids to be childfree, but someone who just talks about kids for the sake of talking about kids is someone who wants to breed.
June 01, 2015
Cambion
If I had to guess, I'd say he's looking for a woman to bang who hasn't bred yet and he's willing to agree with whatever you say to get a date, and he's hoping to slowly ease you into having kids by "subtly" mentioning them. In other words, he thinks you're desperate for a mate and he just has to change your mind. Or that he thinks his genes/looks/cock are all so magnificent that you'll change your mind about having his babies once you feast your eyes on him and meet him.

I think wanna-breeders see childfree folks as some kind of challenge. You say until you're blue in the face you don't want kids and they think they can change you. Sometimes they let you know right away about their motives, but other times, they lie to your face for years in a committed relationship and you fall for it.

It also shows that you have actual standards, unlike other breeders and wanna-breeders. It might explain why so many breeders and wanna-breeders think they're "entitled" to relationships with childfree people rather than sticking to their own kind. They want to be the first ones to piss in the pool, like it's some kind of accomplishment. It doesn't seem to cross their tiny minds that we sure as fuck don't want their asses if they have kids, want kids or are leaning closer to the breeding side of the fence.

I'd tell this one to fuck off. Maybe he doesn't understand the concept of a woman who doesn't want kids ever, or maybe he doesn't care. You don't have to hate kids to be childfree, but someone who just talks about kids for the sake of talking about kids is someone who wants to breed.

I'll agree with all this and add that he might be the type who thinks throwing around the words 'kids' 'famblee' etc - somehow 'scores points' with women.

Who knows? Oh also - if the guy *has kids* - of course he thinks that *his kids* "are different" And of course has Kodak Moments of Famblee dancing in the head - they've already tried to do that, as the kids are proof. So he might just be trying to worm in his kids - he may want more too - as many Single Parents do - to "seal the deal" with the new chump / chumpess.

I'd lose this guy, he sounds like he has issues, and probably has or wants kids.
June 01, 2015
gnocchi
I hope I don't come off sounding too harsh here-- it's not directed at you:

He's either a piss-poor listener or can't keep you straight among the other ladies he's chatting up (which, for all we know, could total all of 1 besides yourself)... Might want to keep looking.

I hate to even say that sentence, because my guts still clench when I remember singlehood/dating (DH better not die before I do!).

You have a distinct set of values and attributes that a fellow searcher of quality will deeply appreciate. Keep yer pecker up friendly hug

I thought I was being harsh because I thought he sucked at listening or was just really confused and couldn't keep his potential dates straight. Thanks for confirming it isn't just me gnocchi!

Ah, dating, sometimes I wonder why I bother! I was sincerely hoping my marriage would have lasted. The search gets old, I'll keep my pecker up though.face saying 'error'
June 01, 2015
Cambion

Ahhh Cambion....good points. The man see challenge and must break will of woman bit. At least he was stupid enough to reveal himself before I met him...saved me some time and a couple of hours of my life.

A genuine childfree wouldn't be tricked into breeding by a breeder or wanna-be. But it stinks to lose years in a relationship with a liar who hides the wanna-breed desire.

I agree, someone who talks about kids for the sake of talking about them wants to breed.

Finding the ignore button on my phone now! As you said, sooo not worth it. Mr. T: I pitty tha foolongue2
June 01, 2015
Zzelda
I'll agree with all this and add that he might be the type who thinks throwing around the words 'kids' 'famblee' etc - somehow 'scores points' with women.

Who knows? Oh also - if the guy *has kids* - of course he thinks that *his kids* "are different" And of course has Kodak Moments of Famblee dancing in the head - they've already tried to do that, as the kids are proof. So he might just be trying to worm in his kids - he may want more too - as many Single Parents do - to "seal the deal" with the new chump / chumpess.

I'd lose this guy, he sounds like he has issues, and probably has or wants kids.

Thanks Zzelda.
I bet it does score points with many women, just makes me want to vomit and ask him if he is sure he doesn't want kids. He supposedly doesn't have kids but he could be lying. But that isn't possible because no one lies in online dating. hysterical laughterz

Putting him on ignore on text, he can text me about kids all he wants. I'll just let them roll into the circular file. The circular file is more interested than I am.
June 01, 2015
I was once talking to a then-24-year-old (he's probably about 26 now) who loves kids and knew I didn't want them.

He confidently told me via text once that he'll change my mind about kids by showing me how "awesome" they are or something similar.

He has/had a pal who has a 4 to 5-year-old and noted that he referred to himself as "Uncle (insert his name here)".

I think this duh-in-the-making had a subpar childhood and he's damaged by it.

Perhaps he wishes to re-create his subpar upbringing through a kid, like it is a chance to start over? IDK.
June 01, 2015
from my online dating experiences, I found that their are a few groups of *don't have/want any/more kids of my own/yours*

1. I don't want kids.. right now, maybe later
2. you were hot, didn't read/cant recall if you were a maybe or not
3. I don't want to breed, but i'll search for anything with opposite genitals and deal with that bridge when it comes along
3. I actually do want to breed, but i'll get more dates from people who think they can change my mind with sex.

if I could recall just how many guys I went out with that were an uncertain through to did not want, on the breeding scale, I couldn't tell you how many were opposed to the idea that I didn't want kids as a female, even as an eventually thing, even though back then as a fence sitter I flipped between listing as uncertain or did not want.

if he's woven a term or situation related to an under 18year old into less than 10 text messages, he's fishing,

if you come on strong that your not interested in kids, he'll either:

1. fake backing off and say that's cool he dosnt want them either, till 2 years into the relationship when he's slandering your name to everyone he knows, because you just wont seem to get pregnant with his DNA already.

2. or openly attack you for your not wanting kids for reals - which really dampens the desire to look for another guy right away.

if you come on too soft about not being interested, he'll see it as a brush off, and that your open to it at another time - as I've learnt from softly rejecting guys I didn't want to date, the breeder ones seem to think I mean not today, try again tomorrow.

if his profile says, I don't have kids, I don't want more of my own, and he wants the same in the other person, it might be time to question why he's bringing up topics surrounding kids?, but if it says what he wants in a partner includes uncertain, it's more likely he's hoping to find someone who will bang him till he "changes his mind".

I mean im not you, if your getting a gut feeling that something's not right, call him out on it, if your seriously just wanting to get in some practice dates, he might me a good target till you find something better worth taking it 100% for.

my brother and I were mainly online daters, he would at least go out and meet anyone who was interested in him, because he didn't believe that looks were bringing in the exact personality he wanted in a partner. I tried to stick more to the values I desired in a guy, but compromised for looks.

results:
he stuck with it and is now married to a brilliant hard working lawyer, she's genuinely pretty but the exact opposite to what he had been dating and failing with. -although they do want kids

me- I gave up on online dating, met my guy in person through freinds, complete opposite appearance/attitude to what I usually find attractive, perfect personality though. - mr exile is quite possibly a fence sitter though, his previous relationship the GF was hounding him to breed and he didn't want to, but thought eventually he'd have no choice, is just now learning about the CF world and forming his own opinion of where he stands on the issue.
June 01, 2015
videogamesforeverkidsnever
I was once talking to a then-24-year-old (he's probably about 26 now) who loves kids and knew I didn't want them.

He confidently told me via text once that he'll change my mind about kids by showing me how "awesome" they are or something similar.

He has/had a pal who has a 4 to 5-year-old and noted that he referred to himself as "Uncle (insert his name here)".

Perhaps he wishes to re-create his subpar upbringing through a kid, like it is a chance to start over? IDK.

Can he wrangle up a friend's kid and stay with the kid in an isolated environment for at least a week? And be really sad when he has to return the kid? If so, he probably does want kids.
June 01, 2015
exile
from my online dating experiences, I found that their are a few groups of *don't have/want any/more kids of my own/yours*

1. I don't want kids.. right now, maybe later
2. you were hot, didn't read/cant recall if you were a maybe or not
3. I don't want to breed, but i'll search for anything with opposite genitals and deal with that bridge when it comes along
3. I actually do want to breed, but i'll get more dates from people who think they can change my mind with sex.

if I could recall just how many guys I went out with that were an uncertain through to did not want, on the breeding scale, I couldn't tell you how many were opposed to the idea that I didn't want kids as a female, even as an eventually thing, even though back then as a fence sitter I flipped between listing as uncertain or did not want.

if he's woven a term or situation related to an under 18year old into less than 10 text messages, he's fishing,

if you come on strong that your not interested in kids, he'll either:

1. fake backing off and say that's cool he dosnt want them either, till 2 years into the relationship when he's slandering your name to everyone he knows, because you just wont seem to get pregnant with his DNA already.

2. or openly attack you for your not wanting kids for reals - which really dampens the desire to look for another guy right away.

if you come on too soft about not being interested, he'll see it as a brush off, and that your open to it at another time - as I've learnt from softly rejecting guys I didn't want to date, the breeder ones seem to think I mean not today, try again tomorrow.

if his profile says, I don't have kids, I don't want more of my own, and he wants the same in the other person, it might be time to question why he's bringing up topics surrounding kids?, but if it says what he wants in a partner includes uncertain, it's more likely he's hoping to find someone who will bang him till he "changes his mind".

I mean im not you, if your getting a gut feeling that something's not right, call him out on it, if your seriously just wanting to get in some practice dates, he might me a good target till you find something better worth taking it 100% for.

my brother and I were mainly online daters, he would at least go out and meet anyone who was interested in him, because he didn't believe that looks were bringing in the exact personality he wanted in a partner. I tried to stick more to the values I desired in a guy, but compromised for looks.

results:
he stuck with it and is now married to a brilliant hard working lawyer, she's genuinely pretty but the exact opposite to what he had been dating and failing with. -although they do want kids

me- I gave up on online dating, met my guy in person through freinds, complete opposite appearance/attitude to what I usually find attractive, perfect personality though. - mr exile is quite possibly a fence sitter though, his previous relationship the GF was hounding him to breed and he didn't want to, but thought eventually he'd have no choice, is just now learning about the CF world and forming his own opinion of where he stands on the issue.

Very astute observation of online dating exile.

The groups make sense, many are short term thinkers (I don't want kids in the next year or similar). Or, was too busy looking at your photos to actually read your profile.

I think he is fishing and seeing how (if) I squirm. I can either come across as brash or subtle or just ignore him. Subtle leaves the door open and brash comes across as a defensive jerk. Since he has managed to irritate me before we have met I'm going to ignore him. The only other time a man has managed such a feat is calling me at the last minute to break a second date because "he forgot he already made plans."

I prefer to softly reject men I no longer want to date, so the door is closed and they don't try to open it. If the door were indeed open I would state that. But the majority think if you end things nicely and with decorum that you're still interested.
June 02, 2015
I am late to the party :-) but I think there are two possibilites.

1. he tries to get as many dates as possible and is therefore not
focused and mixing up the facts. -> This would be a deal breaker
for me. When you want to meet me, have the decency to focus
on what I am saying. Everything else is a lack of respect.
2. he is a wannabe-breeder on a mission to convert a CF woman.
June 02, 2015
Personally, the first thing to pop into my head is that this guy already has kids. Perhaps he was finding that telling the truth only got single moos interested in his profile - and Odin knows this single duh is too good to date a single moo! Of course, once you meet him and fall instantly in love with him, you won't mind his awesome and totally exceptional kids and will beg to do all the kiddy cuntwork for him whilst providing him with multiple BJs of thanks throughout the day.
June 02, 2015
Might want to think the exclusion process. In my experience men who "probably don't: want kids are leaving their options open. You don't want a wishy-washy dude.

I'm with gnocchi....guessing this dude is completely clueless (maybe he filled out his profile long ago) or hasn't bothered to look at yours and is a player who figures if he throws out kydz and childrun the average womban will drop her pants immediately.

Sounds like a tosser nonetheless.
June 02, 2015
Definitely=definitely wants kids
Probably does= definitely wants kids
Maybe=definitely wants kids
Probably not=almost definitely wants kids
Definitely not=probably not

My last date that never happened with a probably not decided he did not want to slam that door entirely. We decided against dating and stayed friends, eventually drifting apart.

I too suspect anyone who talks kidskidskids is likely a duh but hiding that fact because he throws a few sheckles at moo and spends a few Kodak-y moments now and again. "I don't even see my kids" is not going to change my mind.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
From a bottle cap message on a Magic Hat #9 beer: Condoms Prevent Minivans
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I want to pick up a bus full of unruly kids and feed them gummi bears and crack, then turn them loose in Hobby Lobby to ransack the place. They will all be wearing T shirts that say "You Could Have Prevented This."
June 02, 2015
If I had to start dating at my age... I wouldn't have to worry about some guy wanting 'one of his own' I'd have to worry if he had grandsprogs he was obsessed with.

Like someone else said... My hubby better not die before me...or I'll just be a single widow.

I feel for you CF'ers and your dating woes... I really do. Glad it will never be me again.

Be careful.. is about all I can say.
June 02, 2015
starlady
If I had to start dating at my age... I wouldn't have to worry about some guy wanting 'one of his own' I'd have to worry if he had grandsprogs he was obsessed with.

Like someone else said... My hubby better not die before me...or I'll just be a single widow.

I feel for you CF'ers and your dating woes... I really do. Glad it will never be me again.

Be careful.. is about all I can say.

Same here.

I'm in my 50s and faced some "what if?" thoughts in the last year because of Mr. Dori's health issues. Not so much the thought of finding another partner, but coming to grips with the fact that I'd likely spend the rest of my life alone.

I too well remember the angst of dating in my 20s, massively complicated because it was a non-negotiable, "I ain't gonna argue about this," condition that I would not consider anyone as anything but a temporary diversion if they were headed toward fatherhood. It may have been simpler in those days, to some respect, because "childfree" wasn't a word yet. I think men were less wavering on the subject of kids because they thought it was simply something that happened to them, whether they wanted them or not.

Today, if I should lose my life mate, I simply wouldn't have the energy or the inclination to search. The majority of men would be widowers or divorced with kids, which automatically weeds them out. The dating rituals have changed since I was younger in ways that are a bit repellent to me.

I stand with Starlady in sympathy to the younger CFs. I wouldn't be you folks for anything. It certainly makes me cherish my luck at finding a compatible, enjoyable CF lifemate. It seems to be a one shot thing for us, unlike breeders who change mates quite easily.
June 02, 2015
Is it possible this guy already has kyds with x number of women?

If he does, there's a red flag. I don't think you want to get caught up with a user (or loser, as the case may be).
June 02, 2015
Where are all the women with your attitude? Seriously. Every time I maybe get a date, they want nothing to do with me because I don't want kids. They are appalled that I got sterilized. ("Why would you DO that to yourself???")
June 02, 2015
I have some strange kinks and my pool of potential mates is very small so I need online dating to find someone compatible with those kinks because I can't exist without them so my dating pool is very limited. It sucks but I have aspergers so fuck it. I am also very drunk right now.
June 02, 2015
freya
videogamesforeverkidsnever

Can he wrangle up a friend's kid and stay with the kid in an isolated environment for at least a week? And be really sad when he has to return the kid? If so, he probably does want kids.

I honestly can't say -- we no longer talk and he's with someone else.
June 03, 2015
Childfree dating for a man is even tougher than it is for women IMHO. It was extremely rare to find more than 12 or 2 women who indicated in their online profiles that they had no kids and didn't want to have any kids. Nearly all the women were either never married and wanted kids or were divorced with kids (and perhaps wanted more).The maternal instinct is alive and well around here.

Then, when I would find the rare 1 or 2 women who miraculously had those rare traits I coveted, I then had to hope they met some of my other criteria which included being a non-smoker and not living too far away (I live in the NYC metro area but many women were geographically incompatible).

As I neared age 40, I did give some ground on the no-kids part IF the woman had grown kid(s) who did not live with her and were not a part of her everyday life. Maybe the grown kid(s) live far away, maybe they were married. This expanded my very small pool of eligibles a little bit but that dating pool remained pretty barren.

I did meet a few women but nothing panned out for many years until I met a woman on line from out of state. She flew to NY to meet me and we did hit it off to the point that she agreed to relocate here. He had a adult daughter who lived back in her home state and was married with a kid already (she would go on to have 2 more kids before divorcing). I have met her daughter and her 3 kids only once and that was last year.
June 03, 2015
marco polo
Where are all the women with your attitude? Seriously. Every time I maybe get a date, they want nothing to do with me because I don't want kids. They are appalled that I got sterilized. ("Why would you DO that to yourself???")

This is one thing I'm apprehensive about. Not knowing how a woman will react that I'm snipped.

The only positive about this is that it weeds out the wannabreeders and the OMG-my-biological-clock-is-ticking whackjobs.
June 03, 2015
keeper of traken
marco polo

This is one thing I'm apprehensive about. Not knowing how a woman will react that I'm snipped.

The only positive about this is that it weeds out the wannabreeders and the OMG-my-biological-clock-is-ticking whackjobs.

That's actually a good point, most breeders will atempt to go along with a new partner, regardless of breed or not stays with the idea they can always oops one out at some point, but to tell them your snipped and get an instant response on where they actually stand on the issue, my god I'd pay for that kind of confirmation if I was dating.
June 05, 2015
I don't mind guys who say they're not sure. I've never had a relationship end because of someone wanting kids so I figure there are plenty of other ways it can end before that ever becomes an issue. But I'm quite blunt about not liking kids and opposing reproduction on environmental grounds, and I expect anyone I'm involved with to join me in making fun of breeders.

I suppose there's a slight chance this guy is taking a dumb approach to trying to get a female wanna-breed to fess up. I'd probably take an approach of (saying something like "wtf are you on about, did you read my profile? It says no interest in kids." Any subsequent mention of kids or really any answer other than "What a relief, I wanted to make sure" would be grounds for losing his number.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login