Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Cecil, the lion and sprogs leading parents to do nasty shit to support them

Posted by cfdavep 
craftyzits
There are many silent but effective advocates we don't hear about on the net. There is a bill in congress in Cecil's name. The polite and quiet pen is powerful indeed.

Oh awesome! I'm glad to hear something good come out of this horrible mess. Dr. Drew-tard is running a show on it tonight. Step-duhd is busy watching it. Can't believe there are people condoning this asshole on national t.v.
addiea raine
craftyzits
There are many silent but effective advocates we don't hear about on the net. There is a bill in congress in Cecil's name. The polite and quiet pen is powerful indeed.

Oh awesome! I'm glad to hear something good come out of this horrible mess. Dr. Drew-tard is running a show on it tonight. Step-duhd is busy watching it. Can't believe there are people condoning this asshole on national t.v.

There's enough anti for him to go into hiding... including the govorment

+++++++++++++

Passive Aggressive
Master Of Anti-brat
Excuses!
evilchildlessbitch
stingrae111
ex lurker
I've read that he's shut down his practice, but for how long he intends for his office to remain shuttered is unclear.

I do hope he winds up in a court of law; it would be unjust for him to skate while the guides get the full weight of their country's legal system on their shoulders. I especially do not want him to pay a fine while the guides go to prison-I am sick of watching the wealthy evade any real punishment in that fashion. What I find disconcerting on the articles I've read (and I've read quite a few over the last few days ) are the many comments that read something like this:

"This man is cruel and vile and evil and sadistic ! And to punish him for being such a monster, here's my long and lovingly detailed fantasy of what tortures should be done to him , a fantasy which if enacted before them would make Torquemada faint and Josef Mengeles vomit. Because I'm such a kind , caring person!!!"

I want the guy to be punished y, but some of the comments I've read make me fear for their author's mental stability, and for the safety of those forced to be around them.

I'd just like to say THANK YOU. While I don't necessarily agree 100% with what you've said about potential punishment for Dr. Palmer (and we don't have to agree! It doesn't even matter!), I have so much respect for you.

First of all, you clearly articulated your point without being vulgar, without name-calling, without being demeaning to other people, etc. etc. etc. It seems like all the posts I've seen by people who are anti-Dr. Palmer all over the internet are just so insanely over-the-top angry - and written by people who clearly don't know how to handle their anger. It makes it impossible to take people seriously, and as a society, we could get so much more accomplished and learn from one another if we could politely discuss our viewpoints and the reasoning behind them. Calling people awful names and wishing horrible things on other people will never get us anywhere.

I don't understand how people who claim to be so concerned about the life of an animal can treat other humans so badly. Even if it is just over an internet connection. The animal-rights community has long had a bad reputation as being "extremist." One of my professors in college actually likened them to a terrorist organization. I would love to see that bad reputation change into something good.

I just guess what I'm trying to say is - all the nastiness ultimately backfires. And the mission people are trying so hard to accomplish will end up being lost because we can't accomplish anything unless we all work together. And that takes all kinds of people coming together to find the best possible solution - not just the "Agree with me or you're a fu*&ing idiot" mentality that I've heard so much of the last few days.

So again, thanks. smiling smiley
Um, people can disagree with treating animals badly without also treating humans badly.
This sounds like so much of the anti-choice blather that shows up all over the Internet since this happened.
Frankly, there are a lot more humans than lions, even not counting the almighty embryo or fetus.
That said, I can feel for already born humans who suffer pain for no reason while feeling equally bad for an endangered species decapitated so some insecure man can show off his awesomeness by shooting and decapitating a lion.

I agree with you completely - my point was: People can disagree with treating animals badly without also treating humans badly. Just because someone disagrees with the shooting of a lion doesn't give them the right to be so hateful and awful to other people (who may not totally agree with their anti-lion-hunting viewpoint). I was referring to the mile-long internet feeds of people wishing death on hunters, on Dr. Palmer, etc. etc. People who want the man dead and they don't even know the real facts of the matter. And Lord help you if you have a different opinion than these people do. They're downright mean. I wasn't referring to abortion, or whatever "anti-choice blather" you were talking about. What I was trying to say is, I wish we could disagree with each other (on whatever the topic may be - lions just seem to be the hot thing at the moment) while still maintaining respect for each other.

Also, I'm not anti-choice. I'm actually pro-choice in pretty much everything:
Abortion - Your choice, not mine. You live with the consequences, not me. Government should step out and let people do what they do.
Hunting - If you choose to buy a permit for an exorbitant amount of money, as long as it's legally purchased, that's your business and your choice. Not mine.
Confederate Flag - You want to hang the thing outside your business, put it on your car, etc. - Your choice, not mine. Government should step out of it. You may lose business over your choice. People may elect not to support you anymore. You live with the consequences of your choices.
The list could go on and on....super pro-choice here.

And last but not least, lions are actually not endangered. I agree with you that endangered species shouldn't be hunted, or at least not unless there is some extreme reason why (like a very old animal who is dying a horrible death and needs to be put out of its misery, for example). Personally it makes me feel sick to see people hunting animals like rhinos, when we need literally every single one alive to help bring back the species. But lions are a species who were endangered at one time, the numbers have come back, and now they're no longer endangered. They're hunted all the time in Africa. It's normal there.
stingrae111

And last but not least, lions are actually not endangered. I agree with you that endangered species shouldn't be hunted, or at least not unless there is some extreme reason why (like a very old animal who is dying a horrible death and needs to be put out of its misery, for example). Personally it makes me feel sick to see people hunting animals like rhinos, when we need literally every single one alive to help bring back the species. But lions are a species who were endangered at one time, the numbers have come back, and now they're no longer endangered. They're hunted all the time in Africa. It's normal there.

Wrong. They are endangered. And part of the reason for said endangerment is that they are, oh yes indeedy, "hunted all the time in Africa":

http://blogs.scientificamerican.com/extinction-countdown/african-lions-face-extinction-by-2050-could-gain-endangered-species-act-protection/

Count me solidly among the psychos who wish a world of hurt on creatures like Dr. Palmer, who so perfectly illustrate why we humans are a virus on this planet.
I read that Cecil was the alpha male in the pack and fathered some cubs.
When he is dead, the most probable scenario is that a new alpha male
appears, kills the predecessor's cubs and fathers his own.
So as a consequence of his death, more lions are going to die.

Currently, the 12 cubs are being watched by his brother Jericho.
https://www.thedodo.com/cecil-lion-cubs-may-be-killed-1271961231.html
"Abortion - Your choice, not mine. You live with the consequences, not me. "

I would think the real consequences would be with the decision to have a kid. Humans are going to keep going with their breeding and irresponsibility until there is little left if anything.
"And what's more, they are not "beloved." I've been to Africa. I've stayed in lodges where we were not allowed to leave after dark because you could be attacked by a lion. It really happens. They're not cute, fluffy, Simba's or Alex's.

But hey, keep on "wishing a world of hurt" against that dentist."

The dentist became a symbol of what is wrong with humanity and the resulting threat on the natural world. He does embody arrogance, cruelty, self-serving, possible twisted sexual thoughts. The guy didn't pay $50,000 grand for one shot which would be over in no time. The bow and arrow move was to extend the hunt as long as possible for his own pleasure over a couple of days to get his $$$$'s worth. That is really twisted. Dude may in his mind be a step from doing that to humans, but can afford the "African Experience" I doubt Palmer was over there to rescue poor Africans from lions

I don't think anyone here sees lions in an unrealistic "cutesy" way. There seems to be an attitude amongst trophy/sport hunters that since the creature would kill you anyway if it could why not kill it and stick it's head on a wall, cause I guess the animal is an asshole anyway. I remember when we lived in GA, this guy that was our real estate agent wore a pair of $4500 alligator boots. He mentioned what a gator would do to a person who fell into the water. Nobody disagreed with him on that, but I do not believe that we have to right to kill for trophys and boots. Lions do take down people over there especially since humans are encroaching on them for land for farming, but that is partly a human overpopulation problem. If I were to head to Africa I would never dream of harming one and would stay the hell away. I would only do so if I encroached on them and had to kill to save myself.
Stingrae111,
You need to read the rules for posting here again. This is a site for child free people only. Some CF sites also welcome parents, wannabe parents or fence-sitters. This site does not, so if you have a kid you need to move on.
stingrae111
Also, I'm not anti-choice. I'm actually pro-choice in pretty much everything:
Abortion - Your choice, not mine. You live with the consequences, not me.

What consequences are you talking about? Are you even CF?

stingrae111
Eggo Waffles end up in the weirdest places (I have found them wedged in the couch cushions, in my husband's boots, and one in my purse - thankfully we never gave our kid syrup).

Nevermind, I see you are not. Site rules say you're not welcome here. Go away.
stingrae111
Kids come with consequences. Having said that, I'd never wish my own boy away, meaning, it's not like I'd put him back if I had the option.

Dum-dum, this is a site for people who don't have kids. Just like there are PLENTY of sites where parents only are welcome, this is the site where people without kids are only welcome. Please bite the dust at once. Thank you.
Let me guess stingrae111, you believe rules and places that are "exclusive" do not apply to you. You are the problem with society. If I could trade yours and your families lives for Cecil I would consider it a cheap price. Alas, I cannot because fucktards like you who believe *fark hurk! I huntard! Look! Me thump chest! I spread my leegs and now has baybees! Dixk werk! Yay!* aren't even worth his price. You are probably the most retarded fucking parasite of a human being I have seen to even try to make light of a species demise that will soon be endangered. I don't care if *they* consider the lion a pest. It is a part of the ecosystem and thanks to fucktards like you who fuck without protection (or won't give a BJ) the ecosystem is crumbling around us. CONGRATUFUCKALATIONS! You also FUCKED YOUR KIDS FUTURE YAY! The more damage we do by killing indiscriminately only adds to the misery. I also bet that if your little fucktards got a bad grade in school you blame the teacher. I mean heaven forbid your "pwecious widdle angels" get their feefees hurt or do without. Please go fuck yourself with a cactus you stupid fucking illiterate retard.

Edited to add: Look up the Barbary Lion. Still think lions don't need to be protected you worthless twatwaffle?
angry flipping offangry flipping offangry flipping offangry flipping offangry flipping offangry flipping offangry flipping offangry flipping offangry flipping offangry flipping offangry flipping offangry flipping offangry flipping offangry flipping offangry flipping offangry flipping offangry flipping offangry flipping offangry flipping offangry flipping offangry flipping offangry flipping offangry flipping offangry flipping off
Update:
one of Cecil's cubs has been killed by a lion:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/africaandindianocean/zimbabwe/11792521/Cecil-the-lions-cub-killed-by-rival-male.html
Hey stingrae, how's that HUGE Canyon Cunt of yours doing?

I bet your hubby has a few pieces on the side while you ignore his "needs".

And of course you see animals as worthless and subhuman...you have fucking cockroach BRATS, and that's all that that is important to you fucking stupid uneducated self-centered Mooooos.

I can't even......seriously......

If a fucking brat put a waffle in my purse, he would get it shoved up his ass.

~~~~~~~~~~~
I miss my little feather baby.
drake
Hey stingrae, how's that HUGE Canyon Cunt of yours doing?

I bet your hubby has a few pieces on the side while you ignore his "needs".

And of course you see animals as worthless and subhuman...you have fucking cockroach BRATS, and that's all that that is important to you fucking stupid uneducated self-centered Mooooos.

I can't even......seriously......

If a fucking brat put a waffle in my purse, he would get it shoved up his ass.

Do I smell troll stew?

+++++++++++++

Passive Aggressive
Master Of Anti-brat
Excuses!
Damn I missed all this while I was at my Jobly Job.

SMDH at this stingrae person. Its posts are a culmination of everything that's wrong with humanity and WHAT A SURPRISE, it's a Breeder. Color me shocked. smile rolling left righteyes2

Back to topic: Actually I believe Breeding is responsible for a lot of ills today. People trash the environment because their Kyds have to have some magical, Disney-esque lifestyle. Everyone wants to raise their Kyds in a bigger house than what they grew up with and they shower their worthless brats with crap from Third World countries. Who cares if someone else's Kyd is in a third world country, slaving away for 10 cents a day, living in a polluted shithole? That's not important; buying "affordable" crap for Snotleigh is the priority.

I believe it was on this page that we once discussed an NPR interview where a company owner was defending his decision to export his labor to China. He was like, "I have to do what's best to feed mah fambilee." Who cares what the impact is to another person, as long as his fambilee has what they need.

Or perhaps humans are just self-centered and shitty and having brats is a socially-acceptable reason to be a dick.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login