Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Cecil, the lion and sprogs leading parents to do nasty shit to support them

Posted by cfdavep 
I would assume everyone here knows about Cecil the lion and the dentist, famblee man who decided to cruelly kill him for shits and giggles. I mentioned this story to my aunt. Her son has a pilot's licence and some people in the past paid him $50,000 to fly them into Northern Canada for a polar bear head which they got. She then mentioned it helped the grawndbaybees college fund. This is also the case for these African poachers, and the brats they have to support, when they literally have no hope of supporting themselves. People apologize for these people saying they "have famblees to feed" so they have no choice but to go after the ivory to keep shoes on the kiddies. I realize that Africans really can't get access to BC, and they may have more of an excuse to end up with kids they can't feed, but holy shit sprogs can turn people into assholes.
For those who have not heard the story, here is link:

http://m.huffpost.com/us/entry/55b78e38e4b0a13f9d1a1d0a
cfdavep
I would assume everyone here knows about Cecil the lion and the dentist, famblee man who decided to cruelly kill him for shits and giggles. I mentioned this story to my aunt. Her son has a pilot's licence and some people in the past paid him $50,000 to fly them into Northern Canada for a polar bear head which they got. She then mentioned it helped the grawndbaybees college fund. This is also the case for these African poachers, and the brats they have to support, when they literally have no hope of supporting themselves. People apologize for these people saying they "have famblees to feed" so they have no choice but to go after the ivory to keep shoes on the kiddies. I realize that Africans really can't get access to BC, and they may have more of an excuse to end up with kids they can't feed, but holy shit sprogs can turn people into assholes.

Many in Africa can't afford to eat food, never mind brats. The exploiters of this situation, African or otherwise, in Africa are evil and deserve to be IN a lion's gullet.

+++++++++++++

Passive Aggressive
Master Of Anti-brat
Excuses!
I partly blame some of the religious ideas we continue to export for the overbreeding. Hell, there are Catholic groups that spend money on billboards discouraging condom use. On top of that, a lot of women and girls don't have any choice but to marry and breed, rape is rampant and abortion is not available. To top it all off, there is a belief in some of the more backward countries that having sex with a virgin will cure HIV so some of these very young girls are becoming mothers.
I think the dentist is a giant asshole who knows better and was just throwing money around. It is more difficult to judge people who live in poverty that I can't imagine.
My mom and step-dad are siding with the dentist. They have travelled to Africa and say it's normal for it to cost $50,000 big ones to kill an animal like a lion.

They believe that this guy really didn't know he killed the famed lion Cecil and it was illegal to hunt where he did. According to them, the tour guides were at fault because they knew they were luring Cecil to an area where it was illegal to hunt him, but the dentist himself didn't know that, so it wasn't his fault.

Mom read a FB post basically wondering why we care so much about a lion being killed when Planned Parenthood is over here dismembering and murdering babies and children, claiming that THIS is why the world is going to crap.

Any attempt to explain to pro-lifers the difference between babies, children and fetuses is usually in vain.
I'm pretty sure the guy knew what he was doing, since he's previously been in trouble for doing the same thing with a bear. There's also something wrong with someone who kills for fun rather than for food.

I can't really sit here in my house with a stocked fridge and condemn what people in developing countries do to earn money. If my survival were at stake, I doubt I'd care about wildlife, either. I'm certainly in favor of increasing the availability of contraceptives and female education to help reduce the human population pressures and improve the quality of life. I think that would do more than vilifying people who have few other options.

I wish developed countries would tackle this like child prostitution and make it illegal for their citizens to engage in the activity in other countries. Killing a member of an endangered/vulnerable/threatened species for any reason other than self-defense is indefensible. A law like this would also have the nice side effect of allowing more charges to be brought against polluting companies.

The most ridiculous comments I've read on the subject are a tie between the whole fetus bullshit mentioned above and those who are against the lion-killing and "feel for his wife and children." I agree the kids are innocent in this (the wife chose to marry him, and couldn't have been ignorant of his taste for killing for pleasure rather than food) but why are they singled out for sympathy because their father is an asshole?
People who can side with a murdering psychopath can fornicate themselves with a cactus. There are 7 billion+ humans and only a few thousand lions worldwide.....which do you think needs more protection? This ass participated in luring the lion off of the preserve which means he knew it was illegal. How anyone can see it any other way is just pathetic and really shows just where our species is heading.
I think lion was a protected animal and killing it was an international crime. Sooner or later, the investigation will get to the bottom of it. As far as PP goes, I am worried that we are killing the PP and all of the benefits that it provides to those who are low income.
i only heard about this story a few hours ago, what bullshit, i'm a respected wealthy person, so i can kill what i want, kind of attitude is what makes this shit SICK, a lion is a precious, gorgeous amazing creature, in fact my personal favourite, no one on this earth has the right to kill one, just like every other magnificent creature that isn't labelled *human*

someone should shoot him, you know, for fun grinning smiley -do i sound crazy, yep, so how dose aiming that sentence at an animal verse a human sound any less crazy?
videogamesforeverkidsnever
Mom read a FB post basically wondering why we care so much about a lion being killed when Planned Parenthood is over here dismembering and murdering babies and children, claiming that THIS is why the world is going to crap.

The idiot making the analogy with Planned Parenthood is nobody else but Matt Walsh.Read his brain fart here.
Our favorite dentist is in hiding in fear, AND will be facing charges.

+++++++++++++

Passive Aggressive
Master Of Anti-brat
Excuses!
I've read that he's shut down his practice, but for how long he intends for his office to remain shuttered is unclear.

I do hope he winds up in a court of law; it would be unjust for him to skate while the guides get the full weight of their country's legal system on their shoulders. I especially do not want him to pay a fine while the guides go to prison-I am sick of watching the wealthy evade any real punishment in that fashion. What I find disconcerting on the articles I've read (and I've read quite a few over the last few days ) are the many comments that read something like this:

"This man is cruel and vile and evil and sadistic ! And to punish him for being such a monster, here's my long and lovingly detailed fantasy of what tortures should be done to him , a fantasy which if enacted before them would make Torquemada faint and Josef Mengeles vomit. Because I'm such a kind , caring person!!!"

I want the guy to be punished y, but some of the comments I've read make me fear for their author's mental stability, and for the safety of those forced to be around them.
blackpearl

The idiot making the analogy with Planned Parenthood is nobody else but Matt Walsh.Read his brain fart here.

The article and comments made me stabby. I kept hoping to find out this douche
and family stepped out in the middle of traffic.
I've been to countries with enorm poverty.

People in those countries have different mindset -
there is no regard for human life, so why
there should be regard for life of an animal?

The people bow to superiors and kick underlings.

I know about expats who hired some domestic help.
They treated the help well, paid well, gave even extra
money for education of chyldren.
And what did they get for their kindness?
The help stole from them anyway...
ex lurker
I've read that he's shut down his practice, but for how long he intends for his office to remain shuttered is unclear.

I do hope he winds up in a court of law; it would be unjust for him to skate while the guides get the full weight of their country's legal system on their shoulders. I especially do not want him to pay a fine while the guides go to prison-I am sick of watching the wealthy evade any real punishment in that fashion. What I find disconcerting on the articles I've read (and I've read quite a few over the last few days ) are the many comments that read something like this:

Zimbabwe will seek extradition.
http://www.startribune.com/u-s-now-investigating-cecil-s-killing-is-looking-for-twin-cities-dentist/320076361/

ex lurker

Zimbabwe will seek extradition.
http://www.startribune.com/u-s-now-investigating-cecil-s-killing-is-looking-for-twin-cities-dentist/320076361/

If this "doctor" is so "kind" to animals, blows 50k to kill one, I wonder what his dental practice changes have to be like to cover such costs. Let's see, that one needs a 3 layer filling, that one needs a crown, deep cleaning, all that... Hmmm...
"I want the guy to be punished y, but some of the comments I've read make me fear for their author's mental stability, and for the safety of those forced to be around them."

I think many people have to live out violent fantasies in their minds as a way to deal with the rage from such a thing, as a way to prevent themselves from ever getting violent in real life. Best that it comes out in a safe way. I can see rage fantasies over this guy coming out in a lot of people. Even Bob Barker said he wanted to see the jerk in an African jail cell.
He should have put the $50,000 into improvements to his practice. How do I know this? My dad was a dentist (with the VA) and my sister is a dentist and another sister is a hygienist and we know that Dentists are CHEAP! when it comes to supplies, the office, how many patients to schedule (most have too many). My dad, for example, did not like to spend money on needed home improvements. In fact, once in the 70s he had a white pair of dress shoes and when they went out of style he spray painted them black. You could see the white peeking through the cracks. He also did not spend money on clothes (mom took him out shopping once a year to force him to buy clothes) we often had Chevrolets that he did not trade in until we were stranded. But somehow, the Catholic church with all those mean priests and rude ushers got his money. Other dentists I know of have 70s wallpaper in their office, don't give away toothbrushes, have too many patients for the hygienist, and I have a story about a bad bathroom that tells how cheap they can be. Our dentist drove an old Oldsmobile. So I wonder what this dentist, what his office looks like?
I'm sure this guy felt like a real "Big Man" by luring and murdering poor Cecil.

In this case, I wish the punishment would fit the crime. angry smiley

I've so far signed two petitions asking for justice for Cecil. I hope this guy gets what he deserves.
Hope that killer gets extradited to Zimbabwe and has a fair trial. When If convicted gets the maximum penalty under the law, and I hope someone lures him outside the prison...
yurble
I'm pretty sure the guy knew what he was doing, since he's previously been in trouble for doing the same thing with a bear. There's also something wrong with someone who kills for fun rather than for food.

Saying that there is something wrong with this guy, that's putting it mildly. Not only can you be sure about what he was doing, there is proof that he knew what he was doing. Take a look at all the animals that he killed:

http://www.businessinsider.com/big-game-killed-by-the-minnesota-dentist-who-killed-cecil-the-lion-2015-7

I am not a person who is against guns or against hunting for food. There are also very limited, careful studies, where animal control maybe necessary. While I cannot kill an animal not have I even hunted, I can understand hunting for food to survive. This guy here, there is something very scary about him. How many animals has he killed that he did not disclose?
blackpearl

Bristol Palin also made a idiotic posting about it, which should surprise absolutely no one here. Something about eagle eggs along with some terrible CGI picture of a fetus.

"Selfishness is not living as one wishes to live, it is asking others to live as one wishes to live." - Oscar Wilde
ex lurker

"This man is cruel and vile and evil and sadistic ! And to punish him for being such a monster, here's my long and lovingly detailed fantasy of what tortures should be done to him , a fantasy which if enacted before them would make Torquemada faint and Josef Mengeles vomit. Because I'm such a kind , caring person!!!"

I want the guy to be punished y, but some of the comments I've read make me fear for their author's mental stability, and for the safety of those forced to be around them.

I'd just like to say THANK YOU. While I don't necessarily agree 100% with what you've said about potential punishment for Dr. Palmer (and we don't have to agree! It doesn't even matter!), I have so much respect for you.

First of all, you clearly articulated your point without being vulgar, without name-calling, without being demeaning to other people, etc. etc. etc. It seems like all the posts I've seen by people who are anti-Dr. Palmer all over the internet are just so insanely over-the-top angry - and written by people who clearly don't know how to handle their anger. It makes it impossible to take people seriously, and as a society, we could get so much more accomplished and learn from one another if we could politely discuss our viewpoints and the reasoning behind them. Calling people awful names and wishing horrible things on other people will never get us anywhere.

I don't understand how people who claim to be so concerned about the life of an animal can treat other humans so badly. Even if it is just over an internet connection. The animal-rights community has long had a bad reputation as being "extremist." One of my professors in college actually likened them to a terrorist organization. I would love to see that bad reputation change into something good.

I just guess what I'm trying to say is - all the nastiness ultimately backfires. And the mission people are trying so hard to accomplish will end up being lost because we can't accomplish anything unless we all work together. And that takes all kinds of people coming together to find the best possible solution - not just the "Agree with me or you're a fu*&ing idiot" mentality that I've heard so much of the last few days.

So again, thanks. smiling smiley
stingrae111
ex lurker

I'd just like to say THANK YOU. While I don't necessarily agree 100% with what you've said about potential punishment for Dr. Palmer (and we don't have to agree! It doesn't even matter!), I have so much respect for you.

First of all, you clearly articulated your point without being vulgar, without name-calling, without being demeaning to other people, etc. etc. etc. It seems like all the posts I've seen by people who are anti-Dr. Palmer all over the internet are just so insanely over-the-top angry - and written by people who clearly don't know how to handle their anger. It makes it impossible to take people seriously, and as a society, we could get so much more accomplished and learn from one another if we could politely discuss our viewpoints and the reasoning behind them. Calling people awful names and wishing horrible things on other people will never get us anywhere.

I don't understand how people who claim to be so concerned about the life of an animal can treat other humans so badly. Even if it is just over an internet connection. The animal-rights community has long had a bad reputation as being "extremist." One of my professors in college actually likened them to a terrorist organization. I would love to see that bad reputation change into something good.

I just guess what I'm trying to say is - all the nastiness ultimately backfires. And the mission people are trying so hard to accomplish will end up being lost because we can't accomplish anything unless we all work together. And that takes all kinds of people coming together to find the best possible solution - not just the "Agree with me or you're a fu*&ing idiot" mentality that I've heard so much of the last few days.

So again, thanks. smiling smiley
Um, people can disagree with treating animals badly without also treating humans badly.
This sounds like so much of the anti-choice blather that shows up all over the Internet since this happened.
Frankly, there are a lot more humans than lions, even not counting the almighty embryo or fetus.
That said, I can feel for already born humans who suffer pain for no reason while feeling equally bad for an endangered species decapitated so some insecure man can show off his awesomeness by shooting and decapitating a lion.
There are many silent but effective advocates we don't hear about on the net. There is a bill in congress in Cecil's name. The polite and quiet pen is powerful indeed.

+++++++++++++

Passive Aggressive
Master Of Anti-brat
Excuses!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login