Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

I wonder what else the cops will let the kids decide

Posted by cfdavep 
I wonder what else the cops will let the kids decide
July 31, 2015
https://www.yahoo.com/parenting/cop-lets-daughter-decide-if-dad-should-get-a-125533529117.html

I guess this is a PR move since the kid seems to be a tard and daddy has it hard enough.
Re: I wonder what else the cops will let the kids decide
July 31, 2015
What's next? Ask a kid whether their parent should be tazered or ticketed for speeding because a warning didn't work last time? @_@
July 31, 2015
I feel like I've seen so many videos in the past year in which the behavior by police ranging from baffling to brutal. This incident appears to be the former.

I feel bad for police officers, state patrolmen, and officers serving our major cities. The good ones are probably very confused as to what we want from our police force. I think the media, specifically with stories like these, is sending them a very mixed message.

What we need from law enforcement and the justice system in general, is for them to arrest, prosecute, convict, and punish our most violent criminals, as well as those who commit property crimes. This doesn't mean brutal beatings or unnecessary shootings of suspects. This does mean courtesy, professionalism, assertiveness, and yes the use of force where and when necessary.

It also doesn't mean that we allow mentally challenged citizens to make decisions on where and when justice is administered. I'm left scratching my head as to why this is a story that tugs at people's heart strings. confused smiley

From Article
“Stupid father was pulled over for speeding today on I-65,” stated his post, which went up Saturday. “State trooper Darrick Scott made Ashley official State Trooper for 5 minutes and let her decide if her dad should get ticket or warning. She chose ticket … but Trooper gave dad warning instead … There are some great Cops out there.”

So what are the odds that if any one of us were doing the identical speed on the identical road, that our passengers would be deputized, and we'd not be issued a fine for speeding?

I'm putting those numbers at 10,000 to 1. And I think that's a conservative estimate.
July 31, 2015
StudioFiftyFour

I feel bad for police officers, state patrolmen, and officers serving our major cities. The good ones are probably very confused as to what we want from our police force. I think the media, specifically with stories like these, is sending them a very mixed message.

Why feel bad for them? People choose to become police officers and it is a highly coveted job and a competitive process to become one and there are plenty who want to do it. Unfortunately, I think it helps if one has a "family to have to support" to get through all the interviews, etc.

So what are the odds that if any one of us were doing the identical speed on the identical road, that our passengers would be deputized, and we'd not be issued a fine for speeding?

Because we don't have kids with us. As I said elsewhere, military and law enforcement are very breederific professions and I am sure the kids "melt their hearts."
August 01, 2015
mr. neptune

Why feel bad for them? People choose to become police officers and it is a highly coveted job and a competitive process to become one and there are plenty who want to do it. Unfortunately, I think it helps if one has a "family to have to support" to get through all the interviews, etc.

Because we don't have kids with us. As I said elsewhere, military and law enforcement are very breederific professions and I am sure the kids "melt their hearts."

Breeders or not, most cops want to do a good job, and most do a good job. I think articles like this give a mixed message as to what constitutes good police work.

Having a "family to support" probably helps in most any interview. As if the single/childfree workforce is simply looking for some spare "beer money." smile rolling left righteyes2

I remember being at a party years ago and overhearing a young newlywed discussing what her husband should say to his boss about a potential promotion. She joked, "He needs to go in there and explain to the boss that he's got a wife and a mortgage, and babies soon!" saying 'wtf' She said it in a joking context... but there really was some truth to the message at its' core. This is what she genuinely believed. The ring... the wedding... the McMansion... the white picket fence... the baybeez... these were all owed to her by her husband, and indirectly by the firm he worked for. Whether or not other workers, potentially childfree workers, were outperforming him was immaterial.
August 01, 2015
Call me an arsehole, but this is tard worship at its worse. It's a large part the arse-licking by the cop, but also a large part of society too, who give a free pass to the absolute reprehensible and disgustingly illegal activities of tards - regardless of their cognitive capacity in understanding right and wrong.

The vast majority of them have varying capacities to understand right and wrong, and can be taught varying aspects of correct social cues. The ones that don't, are so severely disabled, that they are not safe for contact with general public. Unfortunately, society can't understand that being retarded automatically equals stupid, but we know that there is a difference.

I'm personally sick of the 'tard-card' being whipped out to excuse this absolute :BS, and similar to 'temporarily-crazy-card' and 'drugged / drunk off my arse-card', they're used to get out of all sorts of CRIMES. Sorry no, but you broke the law, and have to accept the consequences regardless of disability/mental state.

We all know that duh would've gone straight to social media to whine his disgust if he did get a ticket, as he was 'simply going a 'little' over the limit, to drive poor little tardlina to a special Olympics, and the big meany cop ticketed him....Waaa:Violin'. Sorry Duh, you broke the law, and you need to be punished accordingly, regardless of having a defecto in the back. This is nothing but exploiting the stupidity of societies obsession of tard-worship, to get out of an obvious and conscious crime.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login