Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

PMYABP #1,879,008 aka The Store Strikes Back

Posted by bookworm 
PMYABP #1,879,008 aka The Store Strikes Back
August 03, 2015
Today I made the schoolboy error of popping to the supermarket for a few bits way later than I normally would, in school holidays and on a Monday. Well, the place was packed with the usual mix of pensioners, people popping in for an early lunch, and the famblys. Moo, duh, Bratly, Snotly and the occasional Tardly. Not only them but Grammy Moo, Gramp Duh and assorted hangers-on. All clogging up the aisle discussing the merits of a brand of chocolate over another.

Having managed to duck and dive around them I was collecting some salad dressing (i'm feeling lazy) when I see welfare moo - easily spotted due to shift in gravitational field and 5 different looking toadlers - pick up a can of Dr Pepper, open it and take a long drink, with slurping noises, then put the can back on the shelf.

Now I'm not one to spend hours checking this weeks price against last week but I know the cost of a lot of things I get has gone up so this behaviour does get my back up. Luckily in the next aisle was one of the management team so I pointed out what moo had done.

In a flash he was off down the other aisle with the can in his hand and confronted the tub-o-lard. She bleats it wasn't her but but manager is having none of it and fair play, tells her that he saw the drinking. Instead of just putting hands up, she now goes on about how her bayybee was thirsty and needed a drink (Dr Pepper? Yeah...). Manager still having none of it and heads off to the exit with the plague following/

Not one to miss some free entertainment, I too follow. Under the guise of looking at toothpaste, I can hear everything. Basically moo has 2 choices, either pay the cost or the police get called on her. Moo decides that she doesn't fancy time in the cells and social services taking her brats (a win in my book) she agrees to pay while still bitching. Turns out the can was from a multi-pack so won't scan as a single. Again, fair play, the manager makes her buy the whole pack and brings it to her. She is then invited to leave the store and never come back

In a last shot, she starts swearing like a fishwife and threatening to take all her money and friends to Tesco up the road (know you won't as that's a steep hill).

Good riddance.

Sometimes the gods are watching.
Re: PMYABP #1,879,008 aka The Store Strikes Back
August 03, 2015
Protip: never go shopping on the first couple days of the month unless you are in dire need of supplies.
August 03, 2015
bookworm
Turns out the can was from a multi-pack so won't scan as a single. Again, fair play, the manager makes her buy the whole pack and brings it to her. She is then invited to leave the store and never come back

In a last shot, she starts swearing like a fishwife

oh-ho wow, what a great example she is for those kids, on top of that, who is such a prick of a dick to, not only steal via consumption without paying, but take the item you choose to steal from a multi pack?

i cant say i've witness anything like that before, but i have had a couple of cases, where i've bought pain killers only to find 1 less sheet inside after having gotten home with it, and likewise, sanitary pad packs, were i've bought a 10 pack (i dont have a lot of money so i need each one of those to make it through the period), gotten home, and found out some bitch has pride it open down the side and stolen one.

it has made me take a closer look at such items, just to make sure im getting what i paid for, but some super cheap arse HO, not only cheap-skated the groceries store, but ripped me off too, i know what its like to be poor, and to suffer, but at least i still have my god dam morals, which shows those people were bad apples to start with, and best of all, those bad apples are passing it on to the next generation of little thief's.
August 03, 2015
Not to mention she tried to lie that it was for the baybee. Hope some of the larvae had heard that.
August 04, 2015
Does this store not have a water fountain in it? If it's Walmart, it may -- my local one has 2.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login