Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Billy Joel has a kid at 66

Posted by Techie 
Re: Billy Joel has a kid at 66
August 23, 2015
Hey LoveToLurk, it gets even funnier. Her pill of choice was Traumeel, a pill that homeopaths tout as an alternative to ibuprofen. So she took an excessive amount of...no active ingredient. Yeah. She could have downed fistsful of those and not gotten anything but maybe a sugar buzz.

Also, correction of my earlier post: it appears that the WIFE is named Alexis, and the DAUGHTER is named Della Rose. Whoops.

Okay, so now it's gone from giving daughters nearly-identical names, to marrying someone whose name is nearly identical to your daughter's. Not much improvement.
August 24, 2015
I was going to say Alexis is the wife that is the same age as Alexa.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
From a bottle cap message on a Magic Hat #9 beer: Condoms Prevent Minivans
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I want to pick up a bus full of unruly kids and feed them gummi bears and crack, then turn them loose in Hobby Lobby to ransack the place. They will all be wearing T shirts that say "You Could Have Prevented This."
August 24, 2015
Exactly, navi8orgirl. I looked it up...the older daughter (Alexa) is about 2-3 years younger than the wife (Alexis). That's just...awkward.

Found pictures during my Googling. Alexa definitely looks like her dad, especially eyes. But she doesn't look horrid. She's clearly quite good at working with what she got.

Curious to see how the genetic dice come up with the younger one. Probably about the same. Billy Joel's coloring and features (prominent eyes, darker coloring, etc) tend to be dominant traits, and he's bred with women who're definite recessives.
August 26, 2015
StudioFiftyFour
You bring up a good point, Techie. I'd also like to add, the parents spend lots and lots of money on stuff that they and their children really don't need.

On top of that, they complain that they're living paycheck-to-paycheck and in debt up to their eyeballs. They huff and puff about how just a few generations ago in "the good ol' days" a family could live comfortably on one income. Personally I think this is baloney because the average family in the 1950s or 60s didn't have four new cell phones, four calling plans, four data plans, four tablets, two computers, four televisions all with cable TV service and 200+ channels, vacations, multiple theme park visits, designer clothes, 2+ SUV's in the driveway loaded with every feature imaginable, etc. etc. etc. ...

In short I'm quite tired of hearing how "haaaaaard" it is to raise a family, financially speaking. Stop wasting money and realize that "having it all" isn't a viable option.

Without being ridiculous about it or going to a cheap uncomfortable extreme, I enjoy a lifestyle that is almost the opposite of this. I just don't prioritize this stuff and am shocked when famblees go into debt to finance things they don't need: a much more expensive car, a famblee vacation, designer clothes, an iPhone for every famblee member, new furniture every few years, the ridiculous addition to an already huge house, etc.
August 26, 2015
randomcfchick
Alexa definitely looks like her dad, especially eyes. But she doesn't look horrid. She's clearly quite good at working with what she got.

She's had extensive plastic surgery, from what I've heard.
August 29, 2015
Billy Joel becoming a father at 66 is a lot like the late Tony Randall becoming a father at 75. Randall died aged 84, exemplifying the likelihood that an elderly father will be dead before the sprogs are grown. I remember when he announced his new fatherhood on David Letterman's show in 1995 and the audience wildly cheered. I saw nothing to cheer about. Now it's Joel's turn.

So, Billy, why'd you father another child? Because you had to be a big shot, didn't you, you had to prove it to the crowd...
August 29, 2015

Because you had to be a big shot, didn't you, you had to prove it to the crowd...

waving hellolarious
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login