Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

apparently we are part of societys deterioration......

Posted by ladybug2203 
apparently we are part of societys deterioration......
August 15, 2015
http://www.yourtango.com/2015274167/childless-by-choice-women-are-the-reason-society-is-deteroriating

Oh good! So she wont be needing our tax $$ anymore, right???
Re: apparently we are part of societys deterioration......
August 15, 2015
We wish....

two cents ¢¢

CERTIFIED HOSEHEAD!!!

people (especially women) do not give ONE DAMN about what they inflict on children and I defy anyone to prove me wrong

Dysfunctional relationships almost always have a child. The more dysfunctional, the more children.

The selfish wants of adults outweigh the needs of the child.

Some mistakes cannot be fixed, but some mistakes can be 'fixed'.

People who say they sleep like a baby usually don't have one. Leo J. Burke

Adoption agencies have strict criteria (usually). Breeders, whose combined IQ's would barely hit triple digits, have none.
August 15, 2015
Did any of you read any of the comments to that piece of garbage Brit wrote? They are all ripping her to shreds, even those who have kids.

I'm a CF guy and I was quite offended by the article even though it was manly directed toward CF women. To me, a big reason for the downward slide of society are the all-too-many people who have kids and do a shitty job raising them. Every time I see a news report about criminal activity, especially when it directly or indirectly involves the bad treatment (or behavior) of kids, I think to myself, "Now THERE is someone who should have been childfree!" And that's not counting all the everyday, non-criminal activity which involves the bad treatment (or behavior) of kids which causes me to think the same thing, "Now THERE is someone who should have been childfree!"
August 15, 2015
I like how only the women who aren't breeding are the problem, but not the men. smile rolling left righteyes2

Dontcha love that they go on about how a woman's life is not hers to decide what to do with, and to want to be happy and have actual energy is selfish? You have to be a little selfish in life, a.k.a. looking out for yourself and your well-being. If you can't be bothered to even take care of yourself, how the fuck are you going to take care of someone else? Yes, we live in a very ME ME ME society, but, to an extent, you have to. Nobody makes progress in life by constantly putting everyone else before themselves.

This dumbass has peppered her "article" with one of breederdom's favorite words: sacrifice. Instant martyr. But parents don't always make good sacrifices, do they? Plenty of them will sacrifice the well-being of their kids for sex, money or material possessions. They'll let their kid go without medical care so they can buy a new phone or get a manicure. They'll let their fuck of the week rape their kids so he'll stick around and help pay the bills. They'll send their kids to school without the necessary supplies to do work so they can have their 1,000 channels, high-speed internet and Netflix every month.

Isn't it convenient that the most selfish people on the planet are breeders, yet because of their selfish choices, they are labeled selfless? How's that work, exactly? If you're unchilded and want to splurge on a new pair of shoes or television, you're selfish. If you breed when you can't afford to eat and live behind a dumpster, you're unselfish. shrug

I'm sure this bitch doesn't give entire paychecks to charity, put every spare moment she has toward volunteering and adopt all the crack babies and retarded toddlers nobody else wants. She goes on about sacrificing for the future by breeding, but did you ever stop and think the future's not worth sacrificing for?

Moron
...if you only live a life of self, if you continue to cherish personal freedom and protect everything you "deserve" over giving of yourself to others, you won't thrive.

Orly? Because in my own experience and from my own observations, it's the people who have freedom and fight for what they want/need that are the happiest and most productive.

This is nothing but a load of horse shit. It's simply recycled bingoes and taint-stroking good-feels for bitter breeders who need their daily dose of validation. If you replaced all the childless and childfree words and phrases with breeder-related ones, the article would actually make more sense. Just for fun, here's an edited excerpt:

That’s a huge step for social progress. But I’m afraid it’s taken us in the wrong direction. The reasons these women are touting — fixing their marriages, passing on their genes, and simply because they want to — don’t defend a woman’s right to reproduce, they defend a woman’s right to be selfish. And this push for preserving the "right to a family" above all else takes us down a dangerous path — one that's not particularly safe for the individual and one that will surely lead to deterioration for society as a whole. We live in a culture where having children has gone from a privilege to our top priority. We've long lost the beauty of rational thought.

I can’t promise that you'll be happier if you don't have children, but I can promise you this: if you only live a life of others, if you continue to dedicate all time and effort to everyone else and sacrificing all forms of freedom and quality in life over looking out for yourself now and then, you won't thrive. The decisions you make when you don't have children are things you need to exercise to be a person of value — from a quality employee to a reliable friend, and especially a loving spouse.

August 15, 2015
oh, whatever. Abortion doctors are crimestoppers.

--------------------
"[GFG's pregnancy is] kind of like at the stables where that one dumb, ugly-ass mare broke out of her corral one day and got herself screwed by the equally fugly colt that was due to be gelded the same afternoon."- Shiny
August 16, 2015
This is probably the biggest load of bullshit I have encountered this year. :BS

"And this push for preserving "self" above all else takes us down a dangerous path — one that's not particularly safe for the individual and one that will surely lead to deterioration for society as a whole. We live in a culture where personal freedom and comfort have gone from privileges to our top priorities. We've long lost the beauty of sacrifice."

Oh god, the author is one of those people, the ones who think that sacrifice is the bestest thing ever, and freedom and comfort are bad and unnecessary smile rolling left righteyes2. You know what's good, when you live in a society with such abundant resources that "sacrifice" becomes unnecessary, and you can focus on comfort and freedom. That is what we are trying to do as a species, right? Also, how is preserving "self" (why use quotation marks, does this lady not believe in the self) "not particularity safe for the individual"?

"the"do what’s best for me" thing is new. Participating in the flourishing of others is as old as time and more gratifying, productive and powerful than years of uninterrupted sleep and complete personal freedom."

That's just so..... WHAT THE FUCK!!!!!! :kill
No no no, the do what's best for me thing (why the quote marks?) is older than old. Also what does she have against "complete personal freedom", also who has "complete personal freedom". This lady thinks that sloughing a crotch-gremlin is more fulfulling than any job or hobby, like being a doctor, scientist, teacher, artist, or literally anything else!

"I argue that for a fulfilled life, you do need to participate in something that requires the curtailing of your freedom, desire and personal needs. Giving birth is the most tangible way to do this"

Whaaaaaaaat? :eyebrows Why in the absolute fuck would you need to do that, why not do good deeds that make you happy, and don't "curtail your freedom, desire and personal needs" also "needs" are by definition necessary, if they are curtailed, that's not just bad, that's probably physical/mental health ruining. Also when trying to sell birth to people by saying "it's the most tangible way to curtail your freedom desire and personal needs" is really dumb.

Wow, just..... wow. :headbrick

At least this comment guy who posted this quote gets it.

""Selfishness is not living as one wishes to live, it is asking others to
live as one wishes to live: and unselfishness is letting other people's
lives alone, not interfering with them."
-- Oscar Wilde"

August 16, 2015
I can get behind the idea that in order to have a fulfilled life, one needs to understand the position of those whose freedoms, personal desires, and needs have been curtailed by the choices they made or by forces beyond their control. It teaches humility and perspective. That can be done via volunteerism, watching informative documentaries, reading up on current events, and just fucking being observant. I don't need to actually sacrifice my life. How will my life be fulfilled if I'm doing something I don't want to do? The idea of children fulfilling oneself is banking on the intangible: the all-consuming maternal love that makes the permanent revocation of freedom a-okay.

The thing is, by sacrificing freedom and the ability to satisfy personal needs and desires, your life cannot possibly be fulfilled. Otherwise, there wouldn't be so many unhappy parents out there. The only parents out there that find fulfillment are the ones that are in a position to not have to give up their freedom, needs, and desires (namely being solidly middle- to upper-class, having a strong support system, and the children being completely planned).

She just sounds like yet another bitter breeder who didn't think things through before having kids and is pressed that there is very little return from her investing and sacrificing her freedom. Now she's trying to wrap it all up in a box of shame, guilt, and induced fears of a wasted life.

------------------------------------------------------------
"Why children take so long to grow? They eat and drink like pig and give nothing back. Must find way to accelerate process..."
- Dr. Yi Suchong, Bioshock

"Society does not need more children; but it does need more loved children. Quite literally, we cannot afford unloved children - but we pay heavily for them every day. There should not be the slightest communal concern when a woman elects to destroy the life of her thousandth-of-an-ounce embryo. But all society should rise up in alarm when it hears that a baby that is not wanted is about to be born."
- Garrett Hardin

"I feel like there's a message involved here somehow, but then I couldn't stop laughing at all the plotholes, like the part when North Korea has food."
- Youtube commentor referring to a North Korean cartoon.

"Reality is a bitch when it slowly crawls out of your vagina and shits in your lap."
- Reddit comment

"Bitch wants a baby, so we're gonna fuck now. #bareback"
- Cambion

Oh whatever. Abortion doctors are crimestoppers."
- Miss Hannigan
August 16, 2015
Miss_Hannigan

Dammmn Miss Hannigan! Warn a person, would ya?

I just jumped out of my chair to keep from leaving a small spot, I was laughing that hard waving hellolarious
August 16, 2015

Moron
...if you only live a life of self, if you continue to cherish personal freedom and protect everything you "deserve" over giving of yourself to others, you won't thrive.

Duuuude, you must be smokin' some goood shit

Gives you a high, doesn't it, sounding all pontificating and wise. I'm sure people flock to sit at your feet and worship every sophistic piece of crap that spews from your mouth.
August 16, 2015
Dorisan
Miss_Hannigan

I just jumped out of my chair to keep from leaving a small spot, I was laughing that hard waving hellolarious

It's no joke; it's science. Many, many social scientists investigated why the crime rate in America plunged so in the late 1980s and never rebounded to its previous highs. They tried to credit it to every other factor--better nutrition, better social programs, better policing policies--and kept coming back to the one overwhelming determinant: Roe v. Wade. When women weren't forced to spawn, they produced fewer feral brats.

The right-wingers are still trying to discredit this research, but they've never come close. Even the Bible can't quash the facts.
August 16, 2015
learnernotlurker
It's no joke; it's science. Many, many social scientists investigated why the crime rate in America plunged so in the late 1980s and never rebounded to its previous highs. They tried to credit it to every other factor--better nutrition, better social programs, better policing policies--and kept coming back to the one overwhelming determinant: Roe v. Wade. When women weren't forced to spawn, they produced fewer feral brats.

The right-wingers are still trying to discredit this research, but they've never come close. Even the Bible can't quash the facts.

I know all that. I was laughing at the way Miss Hannigan made it such a droll response smile rolling left righteyes2

I'm just imagining all the people alive today, or uninjured, because their murderer or abuser was never born.
August 16, 2015
learnernotlurker
Dorisan
Miss_Hannigan

This (legalized abortion) was mentioned in the book Freakonomics as a big reason as to why the crime rate dropped a lot in the 1990s. It was Roe v. Wade and all those babies in poor areas and/or often to single women not being born thanks to legalized abortion. Yes, the right-wingers hated that claim in the book.
August 16, 2015
deegee
This (legalized abortion) was mentioned in the book Freakonomics as a big reason as to why the crime rate dropped a lot in the 1990s. It was Roe v. Wade and all those babies in poor areas and/or often to single women not being born thanks to legalized abortion. Yes, the right-wingers hated that claim in the book.

Some of the right wingers are private prison supporters. They need prison system to stay fully occupied in order to churn profits of large magnitude. On the other hand, left wingers, while not so bad, they love job creation. Prison system creates many jobs. We have a high prison population rate. Not left or right seem to want to put a stop to this. I suspect that left is sitting idle and allows the right to keep attacking women's rights for the reason of this exact study. Abortions drop crime rate and dropping crime rate is not of interest to the prison system and all of the jobs related to it.
artemis

"And this push for preserving "self" above all else takes us down a dangerous path — one that's not particularly safe for the individual and one that will surely lead to deterioration for society as a whole. We live in a culture where personal freedom and comfort have gone from privileges to our top priorities. We've long lost the beauty of sacrifice."

"the"do what’s best for me" thing is new. Participating in the flourishing of others is as old as time and more gratifying, productive and powerful than years of uninterrupted sleep and complete personal freedom."

"I argue that for a fulfilled life, you do need to participate in something that requires the curtailing of your freedom, desire and personal needs. Giving birth is the most tangible way to do this"

This sounds suspiciously like the sermons banged out by the Catholic priest when I was a kid. Thought it was bull back then, still think it's bull now. Funnily enough the congregation practiced the sacrifice of self above all else and not a single one of them looked happy or fulfilled to me.

I also think humans are inherently selfish creatures, most things we do, even the seemingly altruistic things, at some point down the line serve our selves. Having kids is not a selfless act, you're allowing your DNA to replicate for a further generation and in a few cases living your life through your child even if this is not in the child's best interests.
August 17, 2015
First of all I would like to tackle this statement

" "it's the most tangible way to curtail your freedom desire and personal needs"

Moo admitting that having kyds suuucckks.
:bedmadelie breeder. You chose to follow the life script and have kids that take away your freedom, exhaust you and give you no time to yourself.

Every human needs some freedom and personal time to fulfill desires or tend to their personal needs. If not, we wouldn't be human and we would all be insane. This is part of the reason why moo's are in such a frazzle all the time - part of the bigger picture of regret.

I didn't get through the whole load of this sexist breeder bull :BS

Moo
The sacrifices you make when you have children are things you need to exercise to be a person of value — from a quality employee to a reliable friend, and especially a loving spouse.

So loosing friends because you spawned; because you don't have the time for them anymore is OK? Or how about putting your spouse down on your list of priorities? How do you think they feel?

Moo
Engage in something that prevents you from being the permanent center of your universe

Excuse me? We do, every day. It's called a JOB and being a productive working member of society. Not like you breeders who come in late, leave early and take too many sick days.
Edit: Oh and I forgot to mention the paid mootirnity leave and that we pick up the slack.

This is just another load of propaganda written and verified by society to make more women breed. They won't be happy until every woman has had at least one kyd, even if they didn't want them in the first place or are in no situation to be doing so. It looks like the author, if you can call her that, is being ripped a new one in the comments. But this one comment kinda summed it up. Oh and by the way she's a mom of two:

"This is the biggest load of BS I have every read. I say this as a mom of two. There is nothing, I repeat, NOTHING WRONG WITH NOT WANTING KIDS! Children does not automatically equal happiness especially if you never wanted them in the first place. The whole premise of this article assumes that all women want children and will regret not having them in the end and that is not true. You can have a happy and fulfilling life without children.

Recognizing that you are not cut out to be parent for whatever reason is not selfish, it is mature and responsible decision. As the article puts it you are responsible for the future and if you are not up for the job the child ends up suffering. This isn't a feminist decision, this isn't women thumbing their nose at those of us who choose to have children. It is about women finally being up to stand up and say "I don't want children" and not being ripped a new one for saying so."
August 17, 2015

Nah, getting a full time job is, especially a thankless one with a long commute. Not fulfilling but often necessary unless you choose to breed. Then you get to stay home and collect cash from other people's sacrifice.

Having kids should not be a sacrifice to those who really want kids. They look forward to it and say it adds to their lives. So which is it, mooo?

Moron

Personal aspirations and the freedom to pursue them are often necessary for altruism. I don't keep up with famous people or who gives how much to what charity, but if, say Bill Gates, had said "it's selfish to pursue my company" and decided to have kids instead, I'm sure the collective utility would have suffered greatly. I'm not even talking about the created jobs and the technological innovations, I'm talking about the charitable donations alone. Also, on the topic of moral desert, since when is having kids worthy of anything? In my opinion there is a negative correlation between exclusivity and moral desert - if we were to award M.D/Psy.D/Ph.Ds to everyone that graduated first grade, doctorates would cease to have meaning.
August 17, 2015

pfffffft

Someone is trying to be the next Mother Theresa.

The writer needs to be careful of how much notice they bring to their self. Someone will work to expose their hypocrisy just like Christopher Hitchens did the Ghoul of Calcutta

ETA: anyone check this bint's profile?

http://www.yourtango.com/users/brit-tashjian

Sounds like she a failed writer who caught herself a fat wallet and is now a trophy SAHM who thinks she's practicing her craft by blogging.
August 17, 2015
Look at her other articles! :crz

"7 Times I Relented to my Husband as a Proud Submissive Wife"

And she doesn't even mean it in a kinky way.

"Why this Proud Feminist Cooks, Cleans, and Caters to her Husband"

She calls herself a FEMINIST?!waving hellolarious

"My deliberate sacrifice to invest in my family IS feminism."
No, look up the definition of feminism, you will find something along the lines of "A movement for equal rights between genders" not "deliberate sacrifice to invest in your family".

“Wives, submit yourselves to your own husbands as you do to the Lord.” There's a long history of men abusing this scripture to suppress and control women and even force them to obey. Which is why it’s tempting to just ignore the verse and say it was meant for a different time in history, or none at all. But I’m a Bible-believing girl and a wife too, so I’m going to tell you why we should care about it, and why it’s still applicable.

WHAT!!!!!! No no no no no. You are not a feminist if you believe that wives should "submit themselves to their husbands".
The examples she gives are pretty appalling too, as in she had her sons circumcised for her husband, which, considering she didn't think it was the right decision, puts her squarely in the evil category in my eyes. Violating someones bodily autonomy because of a stupid book, when you know better is just evil.angry flipping off

Or how she didn't get a tattoo because her husband didn't want her to and was just "protecting our mutual attraction, not controlling my appearance." Wow, how stupid do you have to be to fall for that one. "Oh honey, you need to get plastic surgery, not because I want to control your appearance, just to protect our mutual attraction."smile rolling left righteyes2

"In the cases above, he exercised a tie-breaking authority because it was necessitated by an impasse."

So basically if you and your husband don't agree on something, your husband is right, full stop.:headbrick

"Submission is the unique method the Bible gives for women to learn it, respecting their men without trying to control them, just as sacrificial love is the unique method the Bible gives for men, putting their women’s needs above their own."

So letting your husband control you is "for your own good", because he means well and knows what you need better than you do. Your responsibility is to obey him, and his responsibility is to have control over you. This is why bible-nuts are so fucked up. doh face

Damn, this women is crazier than I realized. :crz
August 17, 2015
Certified for the nut hut.

+++++++++++++

Passive Aggressive
Master Of Anti-brat
Excuses!
August 17, 2015
I guess if all that submission gets her a house that's

...a stone’s throw from the Golden Gate Bridge.
shrug

I checked Zillow for real estate in that area. A 264 sq ft, 1 ba unit is just under $400,000. That's smaller than our 14x24 backyard studio.

http://www.zillow.com/san-francisco-ca/golden-gate-bridge-_att/
August 17, 2015
I could rewrite this rhetoric (oh, but where to start?) but instead I'll just wordsmith a sliver: everyone needs a purpose to life where energy can be focused. Giving birth is the least imaginative way to do this.
August 17, 2015
I swear this woman is a stone's throw from crazy.... That and hell bent on throwing us back into the 1950's - taking away our rights as women including the steps we have already made.

Being sheeple and following a god that doesn't obviously exist and was only 'created' for fear mongering (obviously by a sexist pig of a man) she believes 'because the almighty book said so' that women should be submissive to their husbands. No, we aren't second class citizens. WE have a right as the female of the species to make choices for ourselves and have a right to speak out.

WE also have a right not to have some sexist pig of a man *please note I do not mean all men just those who do treat their women like sh!t* control every aspect of our lives and to be miserable.

GAwd she's let him browbeat her down so far she doesn't know which way is up....
creativelycf
Being sheeple and following a god that doesn't obviously exist and was only 'created' for fear mongering (obviously by a sexist pig of a man) she believes 'because the almighty book said so' that women should be submissive to their husbands. No, we aren't second class citizens. WE have a right as the female of the species to make choices for ourselves and have a right to speak out.

I think there is something else going on here with this woman. Maybe she is being beaten or something and uses the Bible as a cover up for her submissiveness. Not to get off topic, but I am a Christian and I certainly don't think wives have to "submit themselves" to their husbands. Imo not everything in the Bible is supposed to be followed, and I put that into that category.
August 18, 2015
@contemplativeintrovert

Yes, not everything is meant to be followed but it seems that some people that call themselves 'christians' take it to the extreme. They live their life by the worst bits of the good book, yes, sometimes beating their wives if they do not submit. They go to church three - five nights a week, the women are forced into submissiveness and slavery at home and not allowed to work outside of it as they are also required to pop out children.

Imagine abstaining from anything and everything fun.....there's what you have some people call 'true christianity' .... or mormons waving hellolarious

Imagine, would you want to live like that? I know some of these people growing up it's all they know. I even see it around here where I live, there's Mennonites and Hutterites which are also a good example.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login