Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Bizarre, unnecessary vehicle "upgrades"

Posted by randomcfchick 
Bizarre, unnecessary vehicle "upgrades"
August 24, 2015
I generally drop friends that go crazy-breeder on me. There are two exceptions that I keep on my FB friends list. They're both several states away, so it's not like they affect my regular day-to-day life. I have them hidden from my newsfeed, and from time to time I take a peek at what they're up to, just for schadenfreude laffs.

One of 'em conformed to her family's southern Catholic dysfunction a few years after she left college. She now has four kids, no life, and no identity. I peeked at her page and found that they'd traded in the family Suburban for a fuckin' 12-passenger van!!

Why the FUCK would someone wanna pilot one of those things (aside from work-related driving), and why the FUCK would someone saddle themselves with one of those when they have FOUR kids? Four does not equal twelve, for cryin' out loud?

I do not understand breeder thinking. I really don't.

Another principal I worked for was pregnant with their first kid. She traded in her convertible beemer for a Ford Expedition! How much space were they expecting one baby to take up??

Strange, strange choices.
Re: Bizarre, unnecessary vehicle "upgrades"
August 24, 2015
We had a family truckster when I was a tot. It was a 65' Fury III wagon (440 engine) that could seat an entire brownie troup in the pre-seat belt era. That was Dad's car. He bought himself a candy-apple red Buick Skylark, but Mother quickly took that over, "The wagon's too hard to park, Bob". You could back quite a few kids in that badboy too.

Still and all, a 12 passenger van is a bit much.
August 24, 2015
4 brats and all their crap. Best add a trailer to it.
August 24, 2015
True. When I was a kid, we didn't travel with a home entertainment center and every toy we owned. We were expected to behave and entertain ourselves, or at least sit quietly with our mouths shut.

God forbid the little darlings aren't entertained 24/7 these days.
August 24, 2015
So just to double-check I talked to a PNB who also went to college with the van-buying fool. She also thinks it's dumb that she bought something so huge, and that she's likely being conned into transporting her siblings' offspring as well. Whatever. She chose this life. Anyway...PNB friend said that A. four kids is a LOT by today's standards (unless you're one of those quiverfull idiots), and B. Even if the kids play sports, they'd ALL have to be into something really equipment-intensive like hockey and ALL play it at the same time to warrant that much space.

And yeah, my parents had a land-barge Olds wagon for only three kids, but even that doesn't hold a candle to the giant double-bus that this woman just purchased. Or rather, her husband purchased it. She's a SAHM, natch. So it was his money.
August 25, 2015
My sister bought a massive white van too, presumably at auction. She just had number 5 and now they can't all fit in the inherited fambly sedan.

From what I understand though, breeders go for the monstrosities for better survivability in accidents. Never mind the gas mileage or who they ran over that was driving a Miata, or how many other cars they clip because they can't see where they're going, they want to be the ones inflicting the damage on others rather than taking it.

(Nobody ran over a Miata... was going for a figure of speech.)
August 25, 2015
JoJo
True. When I was a kid, we didn't travel with a home entertainment center and every toy we owned. We were expected to behave and entertain ourselves, or at least sit quietly with our mouths shut.

God forbid the little darlings aren't entertained 24/7 these days.

Yes, I don't get why couples decide they need to get a huge ass SUV the minute they see a positive pregnancy test.

As a child my family had 1 car. A two door 70s coupe. The 3 of us kids sat in the back and were QUIET or we were beat.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"If you can't feed your baby, then don't have a baby. And don't think maybe, if you can't feed your baby."
- The wisdom of the late Michael Jackson
"The mother of the year should be a sterilized woman with two adopted children." - Paul Ehrlich
August 27, 2015
jmc
JoJo

Yes, I don't get why couples decide they need to get a huge ass SUV the minute they see a positive pregnancy test.

Simple, it's to give the world the finger, for the simple fact that some genital discharges was able to metastasize. The parasitic growth is an excuse to engage in narcissism and one-up-man-ship with every other SUV parasite host, while metaphorically and actually looking down on everyone else, simply due to the growing menstrual clot in their guts.

Trust me, if it was simply for a larger car to hold their increasing brood, they would fork out for a station wagon or mini-van. The fact that it's a SUV, that will never be taken out bush, and the greatest form of ruffing it is by driving over a pot-hole, it's completely unnecessary. It's an acceptable status symbol for Duh/Moo +1, nothing more.

I can't stand SUV's, not for the fact that they are monstrous and dangerous in suburban areas, but due to being turned into some outrageous fashion accessory for pretentious wankers and their snot nosed brats. It's a pity the politician here who committed political suicide, by daring to suggest imposing a 'tosser' tax on these tanks and their moo/duh driver, as they clog up suburbia and destroy our automotive infrastructure.
August 27, 2015
My cousin had 4 kyds and me. I was a few years older than her oldest and I was always tagging along with them. They had a regualar sedan (circa 1960) 4 of us sat in the back and the youngest in the front between the parunts. They DID get a station wagon later... and then thegirls sat in the front part and they threw the 2 boys in the back on a small mattress. Now, when parunts have to strap in the kyds like they are going to the moon... it's the seats that need all that extra space, not thehumans. The monster strollers are packed in the back.. not the younger kids. Ofcourse there is the endless supply of entertainment needs and juice boxes that MUST ride along on a trip that takes about 30 minutes.

I don't remember having to be fed and entertained for that span of time in the car. We looked OUT THE WINDOWS! Ahhhh.... apparently a lost art. Perhaps that's why today's youth are so oblivious as to what is going on outside their own little world. They never look out the window..or go outside anymore (except maybe to play organized sports)
August 27, 2015
randomcfchick
I generally drop friends that go crazy-breeder on me. There are two exceptions that I keep on my FB friends list. They're both several states away, so it's not like they affect my regular day-to-day life. I have them hidden from my newsfeed, and from time to time I take a peek at what they're up to, just for schadenfreude laffs.

One of 'em conformed to her family's southern Catholic dysfunction a few years after she left college. She now has four kids, no life, and no identity. I peeked at her page and found that they'd traded in the family Suburban for a fuckin' 12-passenger van!!

Why the FUCK would someone wanna pilot one of those things (aside from work-related driving), and why the FUCK would someone saddle themselves with one of those when they have FOUR kids? Four does not equal twelve, for cryin' out loud?

Another principal I worked for was pregnant with their first kid. She traded in her convertible beemer for a Ford Expedition! How much space were they expecting one baby to take up??

Many times moos carpool and they end up w a vanload o brats. I suspect that's the case w your friend

+++++++++++++

Passive Aggressive
Master Of Anti-brat
Excuses!
August 27, 2015
I was lucky if we had a jug full of warm Kool-Aid on a cross country drive, and I had to sit on the hump!
August 27, 2015
craftyzits
randomcfchick

Many times moos carpool and they end up w a vanload o brats. I suspect that's the case w your friend

Yeah, that may be what's up...getting suckered into toting around EIGHT other kids. Holy shit, that sounds like seven layers of fresh hell.
August 29, 2015
starlady

I don't remember having to be fed and entertained for that span of time in the car. We looked OUT THE WINDOWS! Ahhhh.... apparently a lost art. Perhaps that's why today's youth are so oblivious as to what is going on outside their own little world. They never look out the window..or go outside anymore (except maybe to play organized sports)

Social norms regarding children's entertainment sure have changed. I've noticed that parents have this innate desire to keep their children not only entertained but fed at all times. Perhaps this combination of a lack of physical activity along with constant eating is what has contributed to our alarming childhood obesity rate.

As a child I can tell you that we rarely went to a restaurant. But when we did I was told in no uncertain terms that I was to keep my mouth shut and wait patiently for the food. Today children are not expected to do that. Walk into a restaurant and you'll see them on electronic devices throughout the meal.

Also take notice of the number of children, particularly small children, who are constantly eating. Their mothers typically pack bags of cheerios or other "wholesome" snacks simply to keep them quiet.
August 29, 2015
I see a lot of 10- and 12- passenger vans down here in Florida - I have discovered that the vast majority of people who drive them do NOT know how to maneuver them - especially in parking lots - and have more accidents than sedan drivers (Mr and I have sedans).

Personally, I think oversized vehicles should be banned. Nobody needs that much space.
August 29, 2015
selidororous
Personally, I think oversized vehicles should be banned. Nobody needs that much space.

There certainly is a purpose for these vehicles. For example, 12 passenger vans are often used to taxi people from satellite parking lots to airports.

Why anyone would want this type of vehicle as an everyday vehicle, however, is beyond my reasoning.
August 29, 2015
selidororous

I say we tax them exactly the amount that 'runts receive just for being 'runts in their tax returns.
This tax will cause them to modify their behavior. Especially since we know most 'runts buy ridiculously
oversized vehicles even if they have just one pwecious.

Any 'runt which claims to be environmentally friendly is a contradiction in terms. The vegan 'runt is even more obnoxious because sproggin' is worse to the environment than anything else plus we all know eventually if not immediately their descendants are going to carnivore it up. The vegan 'runt is one of the most obnoxious persons inhabiting the planet, if for nothing else but their absolute lack of any self-awareness and logic. Actually, there is one who is more obnoxious, the vegan 'runt who has a cat which by nature is carnivore yet the 'runt insists on feeding it everything but meat. It is animal abuse, pure and simple regardless of what their shrunken, calcified brains think.
August 30, 2015
Tax vehicles based on their environmental cost (both manufacture and use) and I guarantee you'll see fewer of those enormous gas-guzzlers on the road.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login