Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Happy things smiling smiley

Posted by teao the cat 
Happy things smiling smiley
August 26, 2015
Not terribly interesting, but wanted to share some good news!

Just been to the doctors to ask about Mr Teao getting sterilised. We expected a fight, or a flat out refusal, since we're under thirty and have no kids, and know of other people in the area with kids in their 30s who've been flat out refused. That, and the doctor describes himself as a 'family man' on the surgery website.

Instead, the answer was, "You seem of sound mind. I'll refer you- you should get an letter inviting you to make an appointment for it in the next week or so."

I'm almost disappointed that we never got to use all our reasoning that we'd spent ages practising.

Yay!
Re: Happy things smiling smiley
August 26, 2015
Well that's a refreshing change. Congratulations on the upcoming sterility! thumbs upwink
August 26, 2015
Congratulations to Mr. Teao!:beer
August 27, 2015
My doctor was the same way even though I was single at the time. He said to look at it as if it were permanent, even though with the reversal techniques they have these days, it isn't. Once I made it clear to him I understood that, he had the nurse go ahead and schedule me. The only regret I have about it is not getting it done sooner.
August 27, 2015
Congrats!
You all are going to feel so much relief. My husband got the snip a month after we married. We were fortunate to have a PCP who is progressive and insurance that paid for the whole thing.
August 27, 2015
Congratulations!!

thumbs upwink
August 29, 2015
JohnDrake
My doctor was the same way even though I was single at the time. He said to look at it as if it were permanent, even though with the reversal techniques they have these days, it isn't. Once I made it clear to him I understood that, he had the nurse go ahead and schedule me. The only regret I have about it is not getting it done sooner.

My husband was told by the urologist that he should consider it permanent because the surgical technique he (the surgeon) used was one that had been found to have a 4% success rate after reversals. He was told if he had any doubts he should freeze the swimmers because they likely would not be seen again even with a reversal.
I was thrilled and obviously as a CF couple we did not go the spermcicle route.
August 29, 2015
We were told that it could be reversed, but that we'd have to self-fund. Our response was that should we ever have some kind of crazy moment and want kids (God forbid!!!) we'd adopt a ready made one, because what's the point in making more mouths to feed?
October 09, 2015
As of today, Mr Teao is vasectomised! We've got to wait the four months for a sample to show clear, but it's all done!
He's sitting on the sofa complaining of literal ball ache and demanding that I bring him cups of tea and biscuits. I reckon he deserves it.
The doctor who did it was really nice too- no 'are you really really sure?', just that the chances of reversal were very slim, so view it as permanent. It makes me sad that people are stupid enough not to view it as permanent!
October 10, 2015
Please convey my congratulations to Mr. Teao! That's excellent!

Yes, bring him tea and biscuits & generally be very nice.

When my spouse got the snip he spent a few days fairly sore and kept fairly still, so I made sure he had his favorite movies to watch, brought him snacks, etc.
October 12, 2015
I'll never forget when my man got the snip.
He got up to go the bathroom, while sporting the jock strap on the OUTSIDE of his underwear (hilarious).
Anyway, our kitty, a male creamsicle tabby (R.I.P. now, 18 years of love), perched himself on the sink and stared at DH while he was trying to pee.
I swear, the cat was like, "I know how you feel man".
It was adorable.

Congrats on the snip!!!

October 14, 2015
Fantastic! I wish I'd had someone to bring me stuff while I was recovering, but my fiancé was living out of state at the time and couldn't get the time off to come help me out, so I used taxis to get to and from the doctor because I didn't want anyone to know. She tracked the number of the nearest pizza delivery and ordered me a pizza. It's kind of a joke with us now that whenever we're out and we hear a kid scream she says "I owe you another pizza."

I had pain for a couple of days, but didn't have to use too many pills plus the icepack helped. It took a few months for me too, but was so relieved when I got the all clear. Been married 14 years now and not a kid in sight.
October 14, 2015
I love that pizza story, JohnDrake!
I must admit, whilst we were in the waiting room for the appointment, people kept dragging in snotty, screamy kids. Every time, one of us leant over to the other and said 'not us!'
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login