Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Want to see your guts get squashed and then go into free fall?

Posted by Dorisan 
Want to see your guts get squashed and then go into free fall?
October 06, 2015
*yech* A time lapse simulation of what an expanding uterus does to your other vital organs

http://blogs.babycenter.com/mom_stories/yikes-a-crazy-look-at-where-your-organs-go-during-pregnancy/
Re: Want to see your guts get squashed and then go into free fall?
October 06, 2015
Men, feel free to also read the article and imagine your organs expanding, if you so desire.

Quote from article "Normally, the human body can only endure 45 units of pain. Yet at some points of labor and birth, a mother can withstand 57 units of pain. This is similar to 20 bones being fractured at one time.”

Yet another experience I'll gladly never have!
October 07, 2015
freya
Quote from article "Normally, the human body can only endure 45 units of pain. Yet at some points of labor and birth, a mother can withstand 57 units of pain. This is similar to 20 bones being fractured at one time.”

And where do they pull this number from, their asses? Sounds like one of those "mothers are so powerful" bullshit things. There's no such thing as a 'unit' of pain because pain is so subjective. Have you ever heard of a doctor saying: "Oh, you have been diagnosed with gallstones, therefore you must be in 40 units of pain, so let me prescribe this medicine which will take care of exactly 40 units of pain!"

I have also heard of women who have had children describing gallstones, kidney stones, or other ailments as more painful than childbirth. You know, that almost makes it sound as if there can be different levels of intensity of ailments and childbirth!

And what is meant by 'endure'? What happens if the pain exceeds this threshhold, do people drop dead?

Such bullshit.
October 07, 2015
I wonder how many units of pain a tattoo is. I had my second session for my first tattoo a month ago. The pain is pretty bad at first.
October 07, 2015
yurble
freya

And where do they pull this number from, their asses? Sounds like one of those "mothers are so powerful" bullshit things. There's no such thing as a 'unit' of pain because pain is so subjective. Have you ever heard of a doctor saying: "Oh, you have been diagnosed with gallstones, therefore you must be in 40 units of pain, so let me prescribe this medicine which will take care of exactly 40 units of pain!"

I have also heard of women who have had children describing gallstones, kidney stones, or other ailments as more painful than childbirth. You know, that almost makes it sound as if there can be different levels of intensity of ailments and childbirth!

And what is meant by 'endure'? What happens if the pain exceeds this threshhold, do people drop dead?

Such bullshit.

http://factsfromfiction.blogspot.com/2012/05/human-body-handles-45-dels-units-of.html

The Claim- "A Human body can bear only up to 45 del (units) of pain. Yet at time of giving birth, a mother feels up to 57 Del (units) of pain. This is similar to 20 bones getting fractured at the same time."

The Verdict- False. If you read the description carefully, it doesn't even make much sense. If we can only handle 45 "Dels" of pain, then childbirth at 57 "Dels" would mean that people could not physically handle it. In other words, we would have been an extinct species long before doctors and medicine came along to help us out.

If you read the description carefully, it doesn't even make much sense. If we can only handle 45 "Dels" of pain, then childbirth at 57 "Dels" would mean that people could not physically handle it.

Which plays beautifully into the hands of women who desperately need to think they're super-beings for having grunted out a loaf, even in our age of modern medicine and accommodations.

Remember, you have to cherry-pick your "facts" and carefully ignore anything that doesn't align with them. It takes a special kind of cunning stupidity to do it while avoiding any inconvenient cognitive conflicts.
October 07, 2015
But women must lie to each other about the pain because if it truly is so painful, why aren't more women getting thee to a nunnery, even if Mother Superior is incredibly mean? (I believe that most convents are like a prison for women, where they are really mean to each other).
October 07, 2015
I've had moos tell me a few times that they would rather give birth than go through_______(Insert painful condition here).

I don't believe that birthin' is that bad. Women used to squat out in a field, give birth and then go on picking berries or whatever the hell they were picking, like hardly anything happened. I think today's moos just want to be martyrs and exaggerate to others how painful it is, only to bitch and backpedal by saying that "you forget all about the pain once the blessed loaf is in your arms."

Gawd, I'm grumpy today. angry smiley
October 07, 2015
I know a mother of two that gave birth both times without any drugs. She also has had kidney stones. According to her, the pain of natural childbirth is easy compared to the pain of the kidney stones.

_____________________________________________________________________________________________
"Not every ejaculation deserves a name" - George Carlin
October 08, 2015
Breeder brains claim "it's all worth it" - if they say so.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login