Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Blog: "Why I love My Last Kid More Than The Others"

Posted by suncard 
Blog: "Why I love My Last Kid More Than The Others"
October 08, 2015
The article broke my heart, because I've seen this in action, and it's not a happy family dynamic...

http://www.babble.com/baby/7-ways-motherhood-is-different-with-your-last-baby/

Officially, it's titled, "7 Ways Motherhood is Different with Your Last Baby", but all I hear is how parenting is all about the parents, and not about the children. Not to mention the intense sibling rivalry this mindset inevitably encourages:

"...Mom, why did I get my ass smacked when I broke an egg, but it's cute when Traceley does it?"

"Because, Brraidyne, she's MY LAST ONE. Can't you see that I'm the MOM, and it's all about MY ENJOYMENT of you kids? I already had YOU through these phases, and you're big and boring now... In fact, why don't you busy yourself doing something, so that Traceley can look cuter next to you? Tell me when she does it, other than that, leave me alone. I'm weeping over her last onsie."

"Did I have a last onsie?"
"NO."

"1. You savor those late-night feedings rather than dread them."
You dreaded feeding your kid? Good for you.

"3. I’m not impatiently waiting for the next milestone."
Oh, EAT SHIT.

And oh, Number 5...
Re: Blog: "Why I love My Last Kid More Than The Others"
October 08, 2015
Then there are those parents who only had more than one because they thought they had to and they can't stand dealing with all that crap over again, so they kind of ignore the younger one. It takes all kinds. Obviously parents should treat all their kids the same but when you are dealing with breeders, it's all about the breeder.
Re: Blog: "Why I love My Last Kid More Than The Others"
October 08, 2015
Was it because this one finally has a penis?
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login