October 13, 2015
https://www.gofundme.com/ivfbabywilliams

This is just one example, there are many more. Unfuckingbelievable
Re: gofundme calls for villagers to donate for ivf myracles
October 13, 2015
Like the saying goes, "A fool and his money are soon parted"
October 13, 2015
See, one could *maybe* justify asking for donations to help fund an expensive adoption, because at least a child will be helped and there won't be another mouth in the world to feed.

I don't think IVF should even be legal but it certainly shouldn't be funded by anyone other than the couple seeking it. thumbs down
October 14, 2015
rudeawakening
I don't think IVF should even be legal but it certainly shouldn't be funded by anyone other than the couple seeking it. thumbs down

Agreed, though I have a less of a problem with people begging than it being funded by national healthcare services. That's just a slap in the face to all the people in the world suffering from completely treatable diseases if only they had access to medical care.

In most countries, mental health services are not adequately funded so they really should put the IVF money into that. With the low success rates of IVF, a good many of those jerks will wind up needing counseling anyway, so why not skip the IVF and get straight to teaching people how to cope with disappointment? Those mental health services could be used by others, as well.
October 14, 2015
When they cannot afford IVF how can they afford a chyld?

Or...
Do they set up GoFundMe for IVF
and then GoFundMe for the baybeh?
October 14, 2015
rudeawakening
See, one could *maybe* justify asking for donations to help fund an expensive adoption, because at least a child will be helped and there won't be another mouth in the world to feed.

Yep. Pay for your lifestyle choices yourself. Makes me want to do a buy me a Ferrari/beach house/ airplane GFM.

The pro liars should be all over this....aren't the unused/unneeded embryos destroyed? Test tubortions should be protested.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
From a bottle cap message on a Magic Hat #9 beer: Condoms Prevent Minivans
I want to pick up a bus full of unruly kids and feed them gummi bears and crack, then turn them loose in Hobby Lobby to ransack the place. They will all be wearing T shirts that say "You Could Have Prevented This."
October 14, 2015
navi8orgirl
rudeawakening

Yep. Pay for your lifestyle choices yourself. Makes me want to do a buy me a Ferrari/beach house/ airplane GFM.

This. I lost my amazing horse back in March, and it absolutely gutted me. Having a horse in my life is part of who I am, and I can't afford to buy another...I should throw a sob story up on GFM and see what happens. That's just as valid a "cause" as these entitled assholes have. eye rolling smiley
October 14, 2015
Not to mention duhd to be in the above link is in a wheel chair, how will he help pay for/care for baybeh and preggomoo?
October 14, 2015
kittehpeoples
navi8orgirl
rudeawakening

This. I lost my amazing horse back in March, and it absolutely gutted me. Having a horse in my life is part of who I am, and I can't afford to buy another...I should throw a sob story up on GFM and see what happens. That's just as valid a "cause" as these entitled assholes have. eye rolling smiley

Hey, the guy who asked for 10 bucks to make potato salad on Kickstarter wound up with 60 grand.

From a bottle cap message on a Magic Hat #9 beer: Condoms Prevent Minivans
I want to pick up a bus full of unruly kids and feed them gummi bears and crack, then turn them loose in Hobby Lobby to ransack the place. They will all be wearing T shirts that say "You Could Have Prevented This."
October 14, 2015
kittehpeeps, would it be possible to take in a rescue horse?

two cents ΒΆΒΆ

CERTIFIED HOSEHEAD!!!

people (especially women) do not give ONE DAMN about what they inflict on children and I defy anyone to prove me wrong

Dysfunctional relationships almost always have a child. The more dysfunctional, the more children.

The selfish wants of adults outweigh the needs of the child.

Some mistakes cannot be fixed, but some mistakes can be 'fixed'.

People who say they sleep like a baby usually don't have one. Leo J. Burke

Adoption agencies have strict criteria (usually). Breeders, whose combined IQ's would barely hit triple digits, have none.
October 14, 2015
IVF should be illegal. There are already too many people on this planet without force-breeding more for couples who could just adopt instead. But people who are selfish enough to take this measure (not to mention begging others on the internet to pay for their choice) don't strike me as wanting to be parents as much as wanting to have a baby. But wait, as everyone here has said ad nauseam, we're the selfish ones, right?
October 14, 2015
Are there any criteria with these sites?

Or can anyone just ask for money, for any reason?
October 14, 2015
navi8orgirl
Hey, the guy who asked for 10 bucks to make potato salad on Kickstarter wound up with 60 grand.

That's...that's insane. That's insane in every direction. 0.o
October 14, 2015
twocents
kittehpeeps, would it be possible to take in a rescue horse?

It would depend entirely on the horse. The only rescue close to where I am is an off-the-track Thoroughbred rescue group, and a horse like that would be way beyond me (I have a disability that causes a lot of pain and mobility issues-- I'm not the spry rider I was in my teens and twenties). I love the idea of rescuing a horse who needs someone, but my circumstances limit my options. That doesn't mean I won't find one, of course. Or that one won't find me. smiling smiley
October 16, 2015
kittehpeoples
navi8orgirl

I'd give to him quicker than I'd give to someone wanting to make an IVF kid. You never hear about orphanages full of unwanted potato salad.

_____________________________________________________________________________________________
"Not every ejaculation deserves a name" - George Carlin
October 17, 2015
LoveToLurk
kittehpeoples
navi8orgirl

I'd give to him quicker than I'd give to someone wanting to make an IVF kid. You never hear about orphanages full of unwanted potato salad.

That's true. Who doesn't love potato salad? smiling smiley
October 17, 2015
Potato salad never shot up a grade school.

--------------------
"[GFG's pregnancy is] kind of like at the stables where that one dumb, ugly-ass mare broke out of her corral one day and got herself screwed by the equally fugly colt that was due to be gelded the same afternoon."- Shiny
October 17, 2015
Miss_Hannigan

Potato salad never screamed on a plane.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
" ... what's one more once you've already got two shedding on the couch?"
October 17, 2015
trekkie monster
Miss_Hannigan

Potato salad never screamed on a plane.

A bowl of potato salad is cuter than a baybee.
October 17, 2015
Couple things:

These people always say that God has their backs and will sort everything out. Maybe it is God's will they don't have children? If it was meant to be, wouldn't it have happened naturally? I'm not super familiar with TM but does it cause infertility? And more importantly, is it hereditary? If I was a breeder and I knew there was a chance my child would have to go through life in a wheelchair, I would think twice about blowing a ton of money just to conceive it. If they can't afford the $20,000 for the procedure, how will they afford a healthy kid, much less one with special needs?

Secondly, it seems super sketchy that wannamoo got together with a former patient of hers. Isn't it highly unethical to date one's patient, even after they're discharged? It's written as an act of fate romance but all I see are ethical red flags.

I wish it was easier for people to adopt. But I think it's save to assume that IVF is just as difficult and costly, and in the end they'll get what they REALLY want - a DNA replicant.
October 17, 2015
mrs. chinaski
When they cannot afford IVF how can they afford a chyld?

Or...
Do they set up GoFundMe for IVF
and then GoFundMe for the baybeh?

Yep, that's what they do, set up two separate campaigns for the crotchtrophy.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login