Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

How A Fetus Is A Parasite

How A Fetus Is A Parasite
October 30, 2015
This ought to be taught in high school biology. If kids were given a true account of what a fetus does to guarantee survival at the expense of the host mother, we'd see a lot more informed decisions.

------------------------------------------------------------
"Why children take so long to grow? They eat and drink like pig and give nothing back. Must find way to accelerate process..."
- Dr. Yi Suchong, Bioshock

"Society does not need more children; but it does need more loved children. Quite literally, we cannot afford unloved children - but we pay heavily for them every day. There should not be the slightest communal concern when a woman elects to destroy the life of her thousandth-of-an-ounce embryo. But all society should rise up in alarm when it hears that a baby that is not wanted is about to be born."
- Garrett Hardin

"I feel like there's a message involved here somehow, but then I couldn't stop laughing at all the plotholes, like the part when North Korea has food."
- Youtube commentor referring to a North Korean cartoon.

"Reality is a bitch when it slowly crawls out of your vagina and shits in your lap."
- Reddit comment

"Bitch wants a baby, so we're gonna fuck now. #bareback"
- Cambion

Oh whatever. Abortion doctors are crimestoppers."
- Miss Hannigan
Re: How A Fetus Is A Parasite
October 30, 2015
Wow. That's a fascinating article, the whole cf angle aside. I love science and learning new stuff, so I spent a lot of time poring over this one.

I did know that the human uterus is "picky" and "rejects" about half the zygotes that come down the pipe. I didn't know the correlation between invasiveness of the fetus and placenta vs. other issues. Neat stuff.

Thanks for posting that.
October 30, 2015
Cortisol suppresses her immune system, stopping it from attacking the foetus

o.o That is absolutely disgusting. That whole birth is natural is BS, aparrntly, the moo's anatomy DOESN'T want it.

Lock him up or put him down.
Stolen from Shiny.
October 31, 2015
That's so interesting.

The Pronatalist Politburo was probably asleep.
October 31, 2015
Great article. It should be recommended reading in high school health, as it dissolves any romantic notions of bonding and breaks it down to cruel biology,.

I'vve always had this image of a woman with children being a dried husk with life sucked out of her, her prior existence gone.

--------------------
"[GFG's pregnancy is] kind of like at the stables where that one dumb, ugly-ass mare broke out of her corral one day and got herself screwed by the equally fugly colt that was due to be gelded the same afternoon."- Shiny
October 31, 2015
Excellent article, thank you so much for sharing it. Of course, breeders ignore all warnings - maybe there is something else at play - some other DNA strand that makes people want to breed.
October 31, 2015
I remember reading about that about a year ago. The bit about the fetal cells getting into the brain really grossed me out, even more than the burrowing into the uterus.
October 31, 2015
I am so glad to be living in the day and age where we have a choice in this matter. We can choose to not participate in this Russian roulette.
October 31, 2015
Techie
I am so glad to be living in the day and age where we have a choice in this matter. We can choose to not participate in this Russian roulette.

Amen. This article makes pregnancy seem really twisted and abberant, and I can't see anything sacred about the process. Kinda makes you think about the nature of life and existence itself.

--------------------
"[GFG's pregnancy is] kind of like at the stables where that one dumb, ugly-ass mare broke out of her corral one day and got herself screwed by the equally fugly colt that was due to be gelded the same afternoon."- Shiny
November 01, 2015
A girl I know jokingly called her baby "little alien" (as in the Ridley Scott movie). I bet she doesn't know how close to the truth she was...
this article would make me childfree if I wasn't one already
November 01, 2015
Some of the commenters were the scummiest of scum.
What the aritcle didn't mention is that genes from the fetus invade the host DNA forever. Women who have boys end up with some male DNA. The same probably happens with female fetuses, but it's harder to detect. So not only will ravonous fetus cells end up in the hosts brain, but alien DNA will end up in the hosts genes. Icky squicky yuck.
November 02, 2015
Miss_Hannigan
Techie

Amen. This article makes pregnancy seem really twisted and abberant, and I can't see anything sacred about the process. Kinda makes you think about the nature of life and existence itself.

Life is usually a continuous battle. This article seems to clearly prove it.

As far as pregnancy being sacred, I have a few thoughts on that. People who want to breed, no article, education, fear of danger or finances are even going to change that. People who do not want to breed, no incentive or praise or money is going to change that. I think most of the pro-breeder propaganda is aimed at people who are fence sitters. They try to decide which way to go because they are ok either way. Breeder propaganda is aimed at them. They are the ones who usually fall for it and they are the ones who usually come back to say that breeding is not all that it is cracked out to be.

To me personally, being CF is sort of like an orientation. Even if someone offered me a fancy lifestyle and a load of money in exchange for breeding, I would not do it. It would be like offering a wonderful heterosexual relationship to a gay man - he would not be interested.
November 02, 2015
If it's such a struggle for the thing to survive and the uterus is so selective, wonder why so many defectives get through... The battle may well be worth it if the job was done right. You have to wonder how a baby without most of it's brain makes it through that gauntlet and comes out alive. Moo's body must not be well equipped to do it's loafing process, it seems a lot of them are failing at that lately.
November 02, 2015
@Blondie: I think human DNA has a few errors. I don't know if exposure to pollutants, radiation or something else has been doing it, but when 2 flawed DNA samples come together, producing one decent one out of 2 flawed ones is not likely.
November 04, 2015
This might explain a strange phenomenon I heard about in which a purebred dog had a litter of puppies that were mixed breed after a local mutt got under the fence while she was in heat. Not the end of the world, but the next litter, which was confirmed to be of a mate of the same breed, also looked like the previous litter. So did all of the others.

(I think it's common knowledge in dog breeding circles not to ever mix it up with your bitch if you want to produce purebred pups, but I don't think they know scientifically why. )
November 05, 2015
suncard
This might explain a strange phenomenon I heard about in which a purebred dog had a litter of puppies that were mixed breed after a local mutt got under the fence while she was in heat. Not the end of the world, but the next litter, which was confirmed to be of a mate of the same breed, also looked like the previous litter. So did all of the others.

(I think it's common knowledge in dog breeding circles not to ever mix it up with your bitch if you want to produce purebred pups, but I don't think they know scientifically why. )

So if mama has multiple babbydaddies the younger children can have some dna from previous duhs - eww.
November 19, 2015
blondie
So if mama has multiple babbydaddies the younger children can have some dna from previous duhs - eww.

I wouldn't expect so, since a woman's eggs are formed when she is a fetus, not throughout her life.
November 21, 2015
blondie
If it's such a struggle for the thing to survive and the uterus is so selective, wonder why so many defectives get through... The battle may well be worth it if the job was done right. You have to wonder how a baby without most of it's brain makes it through that gauntlet and comes out alive. Moo's body must not be well equipped to do it's loafing process, it seems a lot of them are failing at that lately.

I think part of it is medical technology. Women used to not know they were pregnant as early as they do nowadays, so any lifestyle changes, diet, medical help, etc came later...if at all.

Second thing...more women survive childbirth now, including those with not-so-stellar uteruses. And they pass on those genes.

Also could be that we're saving every damn preemie. A paramedic considers a pregnant woman as 2 patients if she is past 24 weeks. It's crazy.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login