Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Stop kicking my chair! Flying etiquettethumbs up

Posted by exile 
Stop kicking my chair! Flying etiquettethumbs up
November 17, 2015
Would be nice if these were rules, got a screaming child and no way to keep it quiet? great, your not welcome. This wasn't too big on CF related stuff, but interesting that the Australians surveyed said what we say anyway.

The study found the top three most disruptive behaviours to be seat kicking, inattentive parents and the ‘aromatic passenger’ who either forgot their deodorant or overdosed on perfume.

“The most common complaint always starts with ‘the people behind me’ and ends in ‘are too loud’, ‘have a crying baby’, ‘are kicking my seat’, ‘put their seat back in the down position and I don’t have much room left’,”

“Airlines should create a kids-only section that would make for a quieter flight for the rest of the plane.” - YES, a million times yes

link
Re: Stop kicking my chair! Flying etiquettethumbs up
November 17, 2015
kids only zone? I recommend the cargo hold.

two cents ¢¢

CERTIFIED HOSEHEAD!!!

people (especially women) do not give ONE DAMN about what they inflict on children and I defy anyone to prove me wrong

Dysfunctional relationships almost always have a child. The more dysfunctional, the more children.

The selfish wants of adults outweigh the needs of the child.

Some mistakes cannot be fixed, but some mistakes can be 'fixed'.

People who say they sleep like a baby usually don't have one. Leo J. Burke

Adoption agencies have strict criteria (usually). Breeders, whose combined IQ's would barely hit triple digits, have none.
November 17, 2015
twocents

Only if you want yout luggage opened and finding a kid wearing your underware as a hat...

thom_c
twocents

Only if you want yout luggage opened and finding a kid wearing your underware as a hat...

Precisely why I put a padlock on all my luggage, even the carry on one.
November 18, 2015
I think Matt Inman nailed it pretty well.

This is how airplanes should be laid out. I might also include a masseuse in some of the higher seating options.
November 18, 2015
lurker-derp
thom_c
twocents

I think it is illegal to lock your luggage, at least in the US. I rarely come back from out of the country without my checked luggage being tossed.
November 18, 2015
evilchildlessbitch
lurker-derp
thom_c
twocents

I think it is illegal to lock your luggage, at least in the US. I rarely come back from out of the country without my checked luggage being tossed.

You can use a TSA Lock
http://www.masterlock.com/cms/support/what-are-tsa-accepted-locks

Supposed to keep out the baggage handlers and yet allow a TSA search.

I use one. I also always pack the worn underwear on top. #skidmarks

thom_c
evilchildlessbitch
lurker-derp
thom_c
twocents

You can use a TSA Lock
http://www.masterlock.com/cms/support/what-are-tsa-accepted-locks

Supposed to keep out the baggage handlers and yet allow a TSA search.

I use one. I also always pack the worn underwear on top. #skidmarks

Channeling Cameron Tuttle:

If I'm traveling and have a pair of older, but soiled underwear, I'll dispose of them in odd spots, like a convenience store microwave oven. I figure I may not be in someone's dreams. but at least my underwear will be!

#badgirlguideopenroad
November 19, 2015
the noodler

Channeling Cameron Tuttle:

If I'm traveling and have a pair of older, but soiled underwear, I'll dispose of them in odd spots, like a convenience store microwave oven. I figure I may not be in someone's dreams. but at least my underwear will be!

#badgirlguideopenroad

LOL hilarious.
November 19, 2015
I always put my dirty clothes in a garbage bag on top.
I've never had anything missing, just my neatly rolled clean clothing all messed up smiling smiley
November 20, 2015
I'm taking a trip soon on a flight that is mostly booked. I'll be traveling in the middle of the night, which isn't very kid friendly. Most people understand a red eye is for people who plan to sleep or read during the flight. Viewed the seating chart and found rows that have one person on the outside seat. I chose the interior seat on all legs. I did this to practically eliminate the chance of sitting next to a kyd. Either someone flying single will be in the dreaded middle seat, or (hopefully) it will stay empty.

And HELL NO, I wouldn't trade seats for any breeder famblees who want to be together. Seen the famblees beg for this shit on almost every flight I've ever been on. Plan ahead like I did and pick your seat, don't rely on the kindness of strangers. If I didn't care where I was sitting I wouldn't have bothered in the first place. I arrive very early and confirm my seats for a reason! Unless you're offering me a free upgrade to first class kindly piss off.

I may not be able to determine any other factor but did my best to keep the kyds (and their inability to respect boundaries) from being next to me. I also have a space bubble which I don't want strangers to enter which the plane seating completely violates.

I will confront a seat kicker and if he/she does it a second time I'll stand behind their seat and kick it repeatedly. Rinse and repeat if necessary. That will shut up the nonsense.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login