Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

It's That Time of Year--give to less fortunate famblees!

Posted by cj 
Re: It's That Time of Year--give to less fortunate famblees!
November 25, 2015
exile
Actually! You know what I'd love to see and donate to at Christmas time? Help your local animal shelter, volunteer, donate food and other useful stuff. Sign up to be assessed to see if your fit to adopt during this time of year (since most adoptions at this time lead to unwanted semi adult pets back at the shelter 2-6months later).

This is a great idea exile!
November 26, 2015
Medusa

Confirming that, especially the "team player" part. I was forced to attend every bloody shower/party or I would hear about it.

I believe it. It's like they pretend the revenue you help generate for the company somehow isn't the mission of the company...

If being a "team player" is so important, I think the employees who expect the gift grabs should take note. A good "teammate" knows that people come to work to earn money, not to give it away.
November 26, 2015
gift this : Looks innoculus enough
107 5 star reviews from Lowes

All buckets are 5 stars if they don't leak, Zero stars if they do. That was hilarious
November 26, 2015
thom_c
Zzelda

PLUS - and this goes for ALL clients - you will be getting mugs. Coffee mugs. And yes - one for EVERYONE in your Co. Biz Etiquette factoid - most 'reputable' places are not allowed to accept gifts. Integrity aside - the IRS might come sniffing at that ~
One way you can get around that is - any 'gifts' that are just small tokens and *everyone* at the co. receives one. And mugs are cheap. And OF COURSE! they have our biz logo and all contact info on them smiling smiley

And that can be written off as advertising too. Can be 'expensed'.

And they remember their mugs. And for as much as these people tie on the booze bag round the Holidays - they won't remember if you were at their 'party' or not. Or if you donated to their 'favorite charity' or not.

I'm rather Bah Humbug about it all too. And it can become a strain if there are things you are expected to attend and do ~
But also - there are many ways to dodge these things grinning smiley

Post your Dodging Tips! thumbs up
It can be our Bah Humbug Grab Bag! grinning smiley

Hey coffee mugs are useful! Got a source for cheep single color promo baseball caps?

I don't. And I am slapping myself upside the head now - not only because 'why didn't I think of that'? as well as - I often wear baseball caps - most of which have the logos of biz assoc's.

I think we bypassed this for - Some Reason. Someone else decided. And then somehow also - i was put in charge of the coffee mugs. It was my idea though. Pens. I think we also have some pens with 'the right' info. Not sure. Yes we are yet a rather 'low rent' operation. I mean - We pass the savings on to YOU!

Google it. Look for mfg's of such hats. I'm going to keep this in mind too - it can be a "Spring Gift" - maybe around "Golf Season". It's an opportunity to find a local mfg too -

I just wrote this down and put it on my 'note pile' smiling smiley
Good idea! thumbs up
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login