Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Umm Happy thanksgiving?

Posted by thom_c 
Umm Happy thanksgiving?
November 25, 2015
Happy Thanksgiving Day

Forgive me if my brain totally went to 50 shades of Jerry Penacoli.

Peace and love/luck to you at this time Thom,and all my Bratfree homies, from the Rust Belt here in Northeast PA.
Re: Umm Happy thanksgiving?
November 26, 2015
And a wonderful Thanksgiving to all of you, from central Wisconsin.

It takes a child to raze a village.
November 26, 2015
We're having a Riotous TG here in Chiraq!

You all close enough - if you leave right now you can be here in time for tomorrow's riot. It's on Michigan Ave.

I didn't get invited to any riots. Boo! I feel left out sad smiley My neighbors, on the other hand, seem hell bent to suck me into their various gossip and petty bickerings.
GAH

I'm thinking that maybe I need to throw *my own* riot.
November 26, 2015
Also -

Instead of Umm - how about Uma? ~

It will redirect the thoughts, anyway (this should probably come with some kind of -warning- but I'm not sure what.)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hipFGoni6Js
November 26, 2015
Had a nice quiet Thanksgiving, the Lions won and the Packers probably lost by now. I'll have to deal with a pissy Takeo tomorrow, but whatever.
November 27, 2015
No riots sabotaged my Thanksgiving, though I heard the crowds at some malls were so bad that the cops had to get involved (I live in NJ, unofficial capital of malls). I am guilty of going to just one store, because my cousin was dying to go shopping, so I humored her. There weren't many kids in the store, though I actually witnessed proper parenting for once on the escalator. I was just standing there when I heard "hey!" and whipped my head around to see it was some kid, about six or seven, in a puffer jacket trying to get to the bottom of the escalator as fast as possible--and I was the obstacle standing in her way. If I'd taken one micro-step back I would have knocked Psneuflake over and there would have been a whole scene. Instead of letting the tiny terror knock me over, the mom snapped "Get off the lady! You're invading her personal space!" I looked up at her and thanked her. She then proceeded to lecture the kid about personal space. Thank you, PNB. Nothing like real discipline to keep them in line. I don't see this incident happening again anytime soon. *grin*
November 27, 2015
Hey all, happy belated Thanksgiving! We opted out of the big, extended fambleeeeee gathering this year and it was a great decision! Had a quiet, relaxing CF day with a simple and delicious dinner we threw together in the evening. Didn't have to hear a bunch of wailing bratlings or stories about kyds from my cousins I have nearly nothing in common with, or just sit there being ignored. It was fabulous! I'm not saying "never again" to the famblee parties, but I'm becoming with time less and less attached to my family of origin and more interested in nurturing my existing friendships and making new ones so I'll have a circle of friends I can consider a chosen family (already have several but people live far away and are busy so I don't get to be as social as I wish I could be).

I'm getting to the point where even aunts and uncles I really super like who I used to be close to are drifting away from maintaining any sort of bond with me because they have all their own grandbrats they're all smitten over, so not much quality visiting happens anyway. I did get a few "we missed you guys," over Fartbook, but I'm not sure how very sincere it is. If they truly missed me, wouldn't they reach out to ME once in awhile? Nobody contacted me this year to say, "Thanksgiving is at Aunt So-and-so's, and we're thinking of eating around 3" or whatever. It doesn't surprise me since my extended famblee is a bunch of breeders and we're CF, so not as "interesting" because we don't have little booger factories to bring over and have everyone fawn over. Nobody really reaches out to me in my extended family at all, to just get together to do whatever. I think that's how a lot of extended famblees work. I find the whole concept to be a big lie. I felt a little guilty at first, then I was like, "nah, it's all good," and enjoyed my day and got over it. smiling smiley
November 27, 2015
Hey BF peeps smiling smiley

Happy Thanksgiving weekend to y'all grinning smiley

My sister and her brood thought they were too special to drive up here. So I got a 16 pound free range organic turkey, and had a nice dinner with a friend of mine that had nowhere to go for the holiday. We set it up nice, formal china, good crystal, yada, yada... I gave her some of the leftovers, because a 16 pound turkey is a lot of dead meat to store in the fridge. smiling smiley

No Black Friday for me. I stay far away from malls and stores today. I did do some online orders, because the Black Friday deals are available online, and no crowds smiling smiley I'd rather pay $5 for shipping than deal with NJ mall crowds any day. Besides, if you are going to fight crowds just to save $5, then I would think you have bigger financial issues, and shouldn't be shopping for anything.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login