Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

600 million jobs needed confused smiley

Posted by mrs. chinaski 
600 million jobs needed confused smiley
January 30, 2016
The World Bank has an unsettling message for young people around the globe:
Whether you're male or female, live in Tunisia or the U.S., you will struggle to find a job.
Across regions and continents, people 15 to 29 years old are at least twice as likely as adults to be unemployed.
The world will have to create 600 million jobs over the next 10 years, or 5 million a month, just to prevent the situation from getting worse.
http://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2015-10-13/if-you-re-young-the-job-outlook-is-grim-no-matter-where-you-live

Bad news is brewing for workers under 29 years old: No matter where you live or what your gender, you're likely to face unemployment.
The countries of the world need to create 600 million jobs over the next decade just to accommodate the young workers who are
entering the workforce, according to a new report from the World Bank, the International Labor Organization and other groups.
It's a crisis that's already here, given that one-third of the world's 1.8 billion young adults are neither working nor getting education or training, the study said.
http://www.cbsnews.com/news/wanted-jobs-for-600-million-young-people/

I don't believe it. We need mooore chyldrun!
Re: 600 million jobs needed confused smiley
January 30, 2016
And yet, feMoonists will still bray that paid maternity leave is an inalienable right. At some point, they're going to have to show how valuable they actually are to any employer in order to justify why they should be paid to not work so they can create more unemployable people and why the job should be kept on hold for them when there's a line of people ready to take the position.

------------------------------------------------------------
"Why children take so long to grow? They eat and drink like pig and give nothing back. Must find way to accelerate process..."
- Dr. Yi Suchong, Bioshock

"Society does not need more children; but it does need more loved children. Quite literally, we cannot afford unloved children - but we pay heavily for them every day. There should not be the slightest communal concern when a woman elects to destroy the life of her thousandth-of-an-ounce embryo. But all society should rise up in alarm when it hears that a baby that is not wanted is about to be born."
- Garrett Hardin

"I feel like there's a message involved here somehow, but then I couldn't stop laughing at all the plotholes, like the part when North Korea has food."
- Youtube commentor referring to a North Korean cartoon.

"Reality is a bitch when it slowly crawls out of your vagina and shits in your lap."
- Reddit comment

"Bitch wants a baby, so we're gonna fuck now. #bareback"
- Cambion

Oh whatever. Abortion doctors are crimestoppers."
- Miss Hannigan
January 30, 2016
mrs. chinaski
The World Bank has an unsettling message for young people around the globe:
Whether you're male or female, live in Tunisia or the U.S., you will struggle to find a job.
Across regions and continents, people 15 to 29 years old are at least twice as likely as adults to be unemployed.
The world will have to create 600 million jobs over the next 10 years, or 5 million a month, just to prevent the situation from getting worse.
http://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2015-10-13/if-you-re-young-the-job-outlook-is-grim-no-matter-where-you-live

Bad news is brewing for workers under 29 years old: No matter where you live or what your gender, you're likely to face unemployment.
The countries of the world need to create 600 million jobs over the next decade just to accommodate the young workers who are
entering the workforce, according to a new report from the World Bank, the International Labor Organization and other groups.
It's a crisis that's already here, given that one-third of the world's 1.8 billion young adults are neither working nor getting education or training, the study said.
http://www.cbsnews.com/news/wanted-jobs-for-600-million-young-people/

I don't believe it. We need mooore chyldrun!

Don't worry, Gawddddd will provide, so keep the babyez rolling in!
January 30, 2016
Hate to say it, but this could mean that whatever worker rights there are now won't be honored in the future, when you have 600 people applying for every available job out there. Companies won't have any incentive to follow labor rights, including maternity leave, when they can just hire a man and not have to deal with the situation. Jobs are already being outsourced to low wage countries, even many medical diagonistics are being done by an Indian guy over the internet. What makes women think they're so special that they deserve paid maternity leave? There is no shortsge of labor now, and it's only going to get worse.
January 30, 2016
I know lots of you can relate to what I have to say - employers are tightening their belts more and more every year. When I started working there were bonuses, holiday parties, extensive time off, generously-subsidized healthcare, pensions and even subsidized health club memberships, phone plans and cafeteria food. Over two decades I've seen all of these vanish. Soon you'll have to bring your own toilet paper to work, if you can find a job. But yeah, let's keep cranking out more babies, that's a great solution.

--------------------
"[GFG's pregnancy is] kind of like at the stables where that one dumb, ugly-ass mare broke out of her corral one day and got herself screwed by the equally fugly colt that was due to be gelded the same afternoon."- Shiny
January 30, 2016
Most of the job positions available in my region for the past ten years have been "contractor", "freelance", "at-will" , "self-employed" "temporary" positions.

It means that you have no job security, benefits or rights because you can be let go at a moment's notice.

You are only as good as your most recent hour of work and you better work your guts out for close to minimum wage because you can be let go on the slightest whim.

People loose their jobs at short notice for no stated reason quite frequently.

Several of my friends who are close to retirement have had huge changes to their work that are demeaning and shitty for their final few years to try to get them to quit so they are not eligible for their earned benefits for decades of hard work.
January 30, 2016
The state and country where I live has been in the grips of unemployment for decades, for which youth unemployment is almost double the average rate of the rest of the country. What I have noticed is what Miss Hannigan mentioned is pretty much standard practice, along with the establishment of permanent employment, in favor of casual and temporary contracts. There are very few full time positions, and part-time positions are going the same way, with employers and politicians loving it.

The employers have a near endless supply of employees who are willing to be used up and tossed out once the temp contract is over, plus they don't have to shell out for sickness or annual leave or employee insurance, and penalty rates are capped regardless of the public holiday. They can worm out of nearly every hard fought union benefit, and simply toss the workers into the scrap heap once finished.

The politicians love it as these workers are not considered as part of the unemployment statistics, so the numbers can be fudged to make it look like there's an improvement in local and national unemployment rates, when in fact it's the natural flow of contracts starting and ending.

The problem is that those people who are stuck on the never-ending temp job hunt have to flit around to these worksites covering the inpig cows, knowing full well that their wage stream is over once the loaf is shart. Temps have to not only learn a new worksite system and bust their ass doing the cow's work - which we all know would be mountainous as the inpig would whine about it being too hard for her inpig ass, but will be tossed on the scrap heap after the inpig's generous year long holiday.
February 01, 2016
ladybug2203
Don't worry, Gawddddd will provide, so keep the babyez rolling in!

Yes, no need to plan. Just bake a loaf and wait for Gaawwdd's bounty!
February 01, 2016
I always think of the situation of people before the great plague those many centuries before. At the end, there was such a shortage of skilled labor that they could just about name their own price. Out of these grew the guilds and the renaissance.
I do not think the future is rosy at all.
Of course, they could start euthanizing anyone over 60.

two cents ¢¢

CERTIFIED HOSEHEAD!!!

people (especially women) do not give ONE DAMN about what they inflict on children and I defy anyone to prove me wrong

Dysfunctional relationships almost always have a child. The more dysfunctional, the more children.

The selfish wants of adults outweigh the needs of the child.

Some mistakes cannot be fixed, but some mistakes can be 'fixed'.

People who say they sleep like a baby usually don't have one. Leo J. Burke

Adoption agencies have strict criteria (usually). Breeders, whose combined IQ's would barely hit triple digits, have none.
February 01, 2016
twocents
I always think of the situation of people before the great plague those many centuries before. At the end, there was such a shortage of skilled labor that they could just about name their own price. Out of these grew the guilds and the renaissance.

I envision a very dystopian future. "Peak everything" in terms of resources, severe overpopulation, and an economy that just won't need that many people to do most of the work.

I think the Bible thumpers are going to end up flabbergasted when God doesn't "provide," and the techno-narcissists are going to be very disappointed in the diminishing returns that technology provides for the human standard of living.
February 01, 2016
StudioFiftyFour
twocents

I envision a very dystopian future. "Peak everything" in terms of resources, severe overpopulation, and an economy that just won't need that many people to do most of the work.

I think the Bible thumpers are going to end up flabbergasted when God doesn't "provide," and the techno-narcissists are going to be very disappointed in the diminishing returns that technology provides for the human standard of living.

At least we haven't sentenced anyone to live in that world.

Since it keeps getting brought up, the Biblical point of view would be that this sort of thing is obviously immoral, and God can't be blamed for those who shoot themselves in the foot. He clearly wants nothing to do with such people. As I often say regarding morality, "Under no circumstance was anyone to act stupid, and expect a reward." After all, it's well known that modern business owners are typically corrupt, as with politicians, and other figures of any power, or authority. It's expected, and placated in society: insurance fraud, piracy, store theft, tax evasion, all designed to stick it to "the man"; the corrupt, evil, jerk sitting high in his leather chair, aware and unbothered by the cries of the unfortunate below.

The very image of today's mother isn't a sweet figure, glowing with gentle wisdom, who will see to it that her kids are taken care of and brought up virtuously. It's, "I'M MAMA BEAR. I GET WHAT I WANT. RAAWWRR!!" A bear, you say? Why, Biblically, that was one of Satan's attributes! Yet, you call yourself "good", for your demands and demeanor? Where exactly do you think you're leading our future? No wonder your children are brats.

The "Christian" God frequently mentioned has no business in a society like this one. It wouldn't be fair to blame him for anything, for this isn't what he wanted and designed at all.

Of course, I believe many here are atheists. But, with other's worldviews, we must give credit where credit is due, mustn't we?
February 02, 2016
StudioFiftyFour
twocents

I think the bibble-thumpers will always be flabbergasted as they attempt to use stone age mythology to support laws that will actually disadvantage themselves into wage slavery, and eventually into actual slavery from birth. Trying to say that morals and good works actually come from that giant fairytale? Hilarious! Nope, as with all history (although the bibble is far more prehistorical fiction than history in any way, shape, or form), it was written by the victors, and its adherents can't even tell it's meant to subjugate all of them!
February 02, 2016
Miss_Hannigan
I know lots of you can relate to what I have to say - employers are tightening their belts more and more every year. When I started working there were bonuses, holiday parties, extensive time off, generously-subsidized healthcare, pensions and even subsidized health club memberships, phone plans and cafeteria food. Over two decades I've seen all of these vanish. Soon you'll have to bring your own toilet paper to work, if you can find a job. But yeah, let's keep cranking out more babies, that's a great solution.

This is just a symptom of a much larger problem. Too many humans, not enough resources. It applies to every aspect of our lives, from jobs where employees are seen as expendable to our overcrowded and underfunded schools. It blows my mind that the majority of our species doesn't understand or care that this is all our doing. Yes, let's keep having more babies, even though every new screaming mouth means a drop in the quality of life for every other person is existence.
February 02, 2016
Presto
I think the bibble-thumpers will always be flabbergasted as they attempt to use stone age mythology to support laws that will actually disadvantage themselves into wage slavery, and eventually into actual slavery from birth. Trying to say that morals and good works actually come from that giant fairytale? Hilarious! Nope, as with all history (although the bibble is far more prehistorical fiction than history in any way, shape, or form), it was written by the victors, and its adherents can't even tell it's meant to subjugate all of them!

I largely agree, although for some, they may derive some moral benefit to reading the Bible or other religious works. (For example, all major religions require the giving of alms to the poor, which is a noble endeavor.)

Religious folks actually have an advantage in their one-track-mindedness. Future challenges will be met with the same logic as past challenges... "God will provide... God is testing us... God will give us strength...," etc. etc.

The techno-narcissists will have a REALLY hard time in the future, and will experience frustration and extreme disappointment that technology has led them (and the rest of society) to a terrible place, particularly in terms of economics and wealth distribution. When you try to reason with techno-narcissists on this point they simply shrug their shoulders and say, "Ehhh... something will open up in the job market! It has to!" No, it won't. Robots and automation are the future. They'll also bring up that "Someone will have to program the robots!" Yup... one guy will program about 1000 of them. And eventually the robots will program each other.

Automation and robotics will create a dystopian future. I can't imagine coming of age a couple of decades from now... the shit is really going to hit the fan.
February 02, 2016
suncard
Since it keeps getting brought up, the Biblical point of view would be that this sort of thing is obviously immoral, and God can't be blamed for those who shoot themselves in the foot. He clearly wants nothing to do with such people. As I often say regarding morality, "Under no circumstance was anyone to act stupid, and expect a reward." After all, it's well known that modern business owners are typically corrupt, as with politicians, and other figures of any power, or authority. It's expected, and placated in society: insurance fraud, piracy, store theft, tax evasion, all designed to stick it to "the man"; the corrupt, evil, jerk sitting high in his leather chair, aware and unbothered by the cries of the unfortunate below.

The very image of today's mother isn't a sweet figure, glowing with gentle wisdom, who will see to it that her kids are taken care of and brought up virtuously. It's, "I'M MAMA BEAR. I GET WHAT I WANT. RAAWWRR!!" A bear, you say? Why, Biblically, that was one of Satan's attributes! Yet, you call yourself "good", for your demands and demeanor? Where exactly do you think you're leading our future? No wonder your children are brats.

The "Christian" God frequently mentioned has no business in a society like this one. It wouldn't be fair to blame him for anything, for this isn't what he wanted and designed at all.

Of course, I believe many here are atheists. But, with other's worldviews, we must give credit where credit is due, mustn't we?

Those are excellent points. Though I'm a Methodist (former Catholic), I'm still very cynical. My view of God leans more toward Deism; if one pays any attention to the world, it's obvious if a God exists he/she is strictly hands-off. The crap that humanity inflicts on itself and other beings is our own damn fault.

It blows my mind how many people think we have to reward parunts for doing what most folks do anyway--reproduce. Government should not be paying for babies, period. It's not surprising that business wants more consumers. Commercials continue to sell the "ideal" of famblee, always living the upper-middle class lifestyle. Most people should know that they won't live that lifestyle, but hope springs eternal...

I don't have much hope for future generations, myself. Too many of us on the planet.

It takes a child to raze a village.
February 02, 2016
Christhead

This is just a symptom of a much larger problem. Too many humans, not enough resources. It applies to every aspect of our lives, from jobs where employees are seen as expendable to our overcrowded and underfunded schools. It blows my mind that the majority of our species doesn't understand or care that this is all our doing. Yes, let's keep having more babies, even though every new screaming mouth means a drop in the quality of life for every other person is existence.

Excellent points, Christhead. And let me point out that guys like Bill Gates, and other philanthropists, are doing a lot of work in the Developing Nations.

Are they doing it because they really care about the people there? Or are they simply attempting to keep the world population overinflated in order to drive wages down?

I don't know either way, but I think the question should be asked.
February 03, 2016
Oh now, why is everyone here so worried about jobs? I can think of 2 that will always be around. Private security guards seem to me in most cases to be a make-work program for miserable drunks - when I worked in hospitals, we had them and most of them we knew they were coming because of the smell of them. They could not have kept any criminal away and we would have to call the police anyway if anything happened so why are they there? Just hire some more at "f-----ing 7 dollars an hour" as one surly one told me and those people will "have a job"

Then there is the hell on Earth that is the food service industry, where there is a culture of paycheck to paycheck (What?! you have $400 in the bank? I hate hate hate you!) and "I have kids" and yelling and screaming and juvenile games. Just watch an episode of Mystery Diners, when I do, I want to tell them to Grow Up!

A good example of why we will always have this Hell on Earth is at Walt Disney World. The only time there I ever had to deal with people had to do with buying food. Most of the entertainment is rides, shows, animatronics, films, and could almost run without "cast members" (most of them useless), even the monorail had no driver, but people still had to pour drinks, hand out food, wrap food, move food, so we will all be food handlers.

Politicians will always spend money bailing out failing companies because What Will These People Do Without a JOB!? There will be riots in the streets! They will have NOTHING TO DO!! That's why they bail out General Motors and Chrysler even though most of what those 2 for humanity is create junky cars (I know, too strong opinion of mine) It would probably cost less to just give people the money but then What will they do!?

Oh, and a 3rd job to add, CNAs will always be in demand, because if there is one job there will be more of in the future, it will be wiping asses.
February 03, 2016
@ Mr. Neptune: those jobs belong to the service industry. Service industry is necessary but it's not the real deal.
It's nothing what will bring things forward.
It's like you will cut my hair, I will cut your hair - we will keep each other busy but nothing significant will come
out of it winking smiley
February 03, 2016
StudioFiftyFour
Excellent points, Christhead. And let me point out that guys like Bill Gates, and other philanthropists, are doing a lot of work in the Developing Nations.

Are they doing it because they really care about the people there? Or are they simply attempting to keep the world population overinflated in order to drive wages down?

I don't know either way, but I think the question should be asked.

The Gates foundation was recently accused of promoting private market solutions / Capitalist worldview and doing more harm than good in its work to address disease. If nothing else, it is the new face of colonialism. That money isn't free, it comes with strings attached, and it is no surprise to me if part of the mission is to promote the status quo which led to that creation of wealth in the first place. Even if some people genuinely believe they're doing good, they can't see beyond their own system and values and consider alternate approaches.

So yes, it's certainly been alleged that there's far more to this than altruism.
February 03, 2016
yurble

The Gates foundation was recently accused of promoting private market solutions / Capitalist worldview and doing more harm than good in its work to address disease. If nothing else, it is the new face of colonialism. That money isn't free, it comes with strings attached, and it is no surprise to me if part of the mission is to promote the status quo which led to that creation of wealth in the first place. Even if some people genuinely believe they're doing good, they can't see beyond their own system and values and consider alternate approaches.

So yes, it's certainly been alleged that there's far more to this than altruism.

While I am a big believer in market solutions and a user-pay principle in most cases, I do agree with you in principle.

Bill Gates' modern philanthropy should not be labeled as such. It is a quid pro quo exchange, and that's it. His new mission is rescuing people from polio. Certainly this is noble, on the surface. But if he really cared about them and wanted to make a huge positive impact in the long term, he'd be directing his wealth toward giving those same people contraceptives which would greatly reduce their strained infrastructure, food supply, and gradually result in increased wages.

Make no mistake, Gates & company are thrilled to save millions of lives... as it provides a great benefit to them. When multinationals open a factory in a developing nation, the line for jobs stretches as far as the eye can see. Imagine if those same lines were more in equilibrium with the number of jobs being offered? The result would be higher wages.

When Carnegie and Vanderbilt used their wealth for the betterment of society, they expected virtually nothing in return. Despite being cutthroat capitalists, they felt it was a moral obligation for them to give some of their money back. Modern "philanthropists" generally do not share that same worldview. And whether you are talking about Gates or Zuckerberg, they are totally breeder-centric and indifferent to the long-term suffering that their "philanthropy" will ultimately cause.
February 03, 2016

Commercials continue to sell the "ideal" of famblee, always living the upper-middle class lifestyle.

And all family sitcoms. Somehow a guy who works a blue-collar job with 3 kids and a SAHM can afford a nice suburban house with all amenities and luxuries. The only show that showed the realism of a blue-collar family was Roseanne where the first kid was the result of a straight-out-of-high-school pregnancy and then they had two more, so the parents had no marketable skills in the Rust Belt recession, struggled to find work, and money was always an issue. And the very end of the show presented the realism that the next generation was making the same exact mistakes their parents did (having kids way too young while living in a dead-end town and having no skills that would make them any sort of decent money).

And the only show that was realistic in a large family living in a very nice house in an area with a high COL was The Cosby Show. The parents were an attorney and a doctor, so raising five kids in a brownstone in Brooklyn Heights and sending them all to college with zero money issues wasn't out there.

But that was the '80s-early '90s. Now they're too afraid to show an impoverished family that made the mistake of having kids too soon or the fact that if you want the comfortably middle-class or upper-class lifestyle + kids, both parents need to be highly educated and working white collar jobs.

------------------------------------------------------------
"Why children take so long to grow? They eat and drink like pig and give nothing back. Must find way to accelerate process..."
- Dr. Yi Suchong, Bioshock

"Society does not need more children; but it does need more loved children. Quite literally, we cannot afford unloved children - but we pay heavily for them every day. There should not be the slightest communal concern when a woman elects to destroy the life of her thousandth-of-an-ounce embryo. But all society should rise up in alarm when it hears that a baby that is not wanted is about to be born."
- Garrett Hardin

"I feel like there's a message involved here somehow, but then I couldn't stop laughing at all the plotholes, like the part when North Korea has food."
- Youtube commentor referring to a North Korean cartoon.

"Reality is a bitch when it slowly crawls out of your vagina and shits in your lap."
- Reddit comment

"Bitch wants a baby, so we're gonna fuck now. #bareback"
- Cambion

Oh whatever. Abortion doctors are crimestoppers."
- Miss Hannigan
February 03, 2016
mrs. chinaski
@ Mr. Neptune: those jobs belong to the service industry. Service industry is necessary but it's not the real deal.
It's nothing what will bring things forward.
It's like you will cut my hair, I will cut your hair - we will keep each other busy but nothing significant will come
out of it winking smiley

Well, cosmetology requires some skill, but I know of one who has 4 kids because "I wanted a girl and I kept having boys" and I don't know how she affords them. I don't know what you mean about bring things forward, but I forgot one other occupation people can do, as I have ended up doing: Janitorial, as somebody has to dispose of all the Pampers the breeders place everywhere and all that brings forward is smelly filled up landfills for 500+ years.
February 03, 2016
I didn't say that jobs in the Service industry are unskilled jobs.

I meant the three-sector-theory.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Three-sector_theory

"According to the theory, the main focus of an economy's activity shifts from the primary, through the secondary and finally to the tertiary sector. Fourastié saw the process as essentially positive, and in The Great Hope of the Twentieth Century he writes of the increase in quality of life, social security, blossoming of education and culture, higher level of qualifications, humanisation of work, and avoidance of unemployment."

We live in the tertiary civilization so we should live like in paradise according to the author.
But we don't and the so celebrated Service Industry contains a lot of badly paid jobs
February 04, 2016
It's gonna suck, especially since many crummy minimum-wage jobs could be filled with machines in the future, making human employees in certain places obsolete. We're already seeing that with the whole thing of fast food employees making $15 an hour, which was brought about by removing several positions and replacing them with computers. Employers are always finding ways to cut corners and save money, which of course, completely fucks over employees and potential employees. If anything, there are going to be fewer jobs in the coming decade rather than more; sure, there will always be jobs that can only be done by actual people, but even those could easily suffer in some form or another. Teachers used to be professionally bulletproof via tenure - short of murdering an entire class, teachers were just about impossible to fire. Not so much now.

Fewer jobs and more people means there will be 300 assholes fighting over the same job, and employees will be at the absolute mercy of their employers. There will be no sense of "the company needs me" security because it will be replaced with a "we don't need you" attitude from management. A vast majority of people in any given field of work are replaceable. If you want to be a bitch and complain about silly things like being cheated out of a few hours' pay each week or sexual harassment on the job, you can just get the fuck out because there's a shitload more people who will fill your shoes within the week. I'm thinking that the middle class may be phased out over time and we'll just have the rich and the poor (which is those with little money and those with no money at all). Even finding ways of generating income that don't involve working for the man can be difficult. The current generation of young adults will probably live better just being on welfare indefinitely. Don't think I haven't considered doing just that multiple times myself, not out of laziness, but because I don't ever see myself having a real, dependable job in spite of my best efforts.

This is why I want to strangle anyone I know who breeds now. How can they possibly look at the direction in which the future is headed and choose to subject an unnecessary life to it? Why force an innocent kid to struggle its whole life just so you can have a happy and play house for a few years?
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login