Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Zika: more proof that only baybees matter

Posted by yurble 
Re: Zika: more proof that only baybees matter
February 08, 2016
Before the shit hits the fan, I'd get a couple bottles of permethrin, it's a repellent you spray on your clothes, used by the military. We survived camping in northern Minnesota with this stuff.

--------------------
"[GFG's pregnancy is] kind of like at the stables where that one dumb, ugly-ass mare broke out of her corral one day and got herself screwed by the equally fugly colt that was due to be gelded the same afternoon."- Shiny
February 09, 2016
these eruptions of diseases have been occurring since time immemorial.
some are remembered (spanish flu), others not so much (English sweating fever).
they run their course, cull out the non-immune (although the great flu epidemic took out healthy people)
life goes on until the breeders disturb the next virus supply.

two cents ΒΆΒΆ

CERTIFIED HOSEHEAD!!!

people (especially women) do not give ONE DAMN about what they inflict on children and I defy anyone to prove me wrong

Dysfunctional relationships almost always have a child. The more dysfunctional, the more children.

The selfish wants of adults outweigh the needs of the child.

Some mistakes cannot be fixed, but some mistakes can be 'fixed'.

People who say they sleep like a baby usually don't have one. Leo J. Burke

Adoption agencies have strict criteria (usually). Breeders, whose combined IQ's would barely hit triple digits, have none.
February 10, 2016
bookworm
In 8 months time I predict a surge gofundme pages for 'my poor shrunken-headed bayybee".

They should capitalize off of them by selling them as 'shrunken heads' / Voo Doo trinkets, etc.
February 11, 2016

Too soon?

But seriously, Ebola was here and the mombies are all like "cancel all flights to Africa" when the guy who brought it came through Europe. Yeah let's shut down the economy.

But suggest "don't get knocked up" and they lose their minds.

And yes, I recognize the rape culture and feel that SA women should have both unencumbered access to contraception and abortion but we are supposed to be the most free country in the world and it is taken from us. I don't expect miracles there.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
From a bottle cap message on a Magic Hat #9 beer: Condoms Prevent Minivans
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I want to pick up a bus full of unruly kids and feed them gummi bears and crack, then turn them loose in Hobby Lobby to ransack the place. They will all be wearing T shirts that say "You Could Have Prevented This."
February 25, 2016
Am I the only one who thinks that this outbreak could be leveraged in a CF's favor?

"But you HAVE to sterilize me! I traveled to/flew over/saw South America on a map! I can't take that risk!"
February 25, 2016
There also seems to be increasing evidence that the virus can be transmitted sexually, which should be another reason for people in affected areas to try and quit fucking because it's not just clumps who could be affected. I bet if somebody made something up about how Zika can cause sterility in men and women, suddenly everybody would be abstinent. Fuck the babbies and their sideshow heads, but when you bring the ovaries and testicles into the ring, suddenly everybody will learn to enjoy the company of their own hands for a while.
February 25, 2016
Cambion
There also seems to be increasing evidence that the virus can be transmitted sexually, which should be another reason for people in affected areas to try and quit fucking because it's not just clumps who could be affected. I bet if somebody made something up about how Zika can cause sterility in men and women, suddenly everybody would be abstinent. Fuck the babbies and their sideshow heads, but when you bring the ovaries and testicles into the ring, suddenly everybody will learn to enjoy the company of their own hands for a while.

I heard about this,too, but I still can't find any serious side effects besides the tiny head children thing. In some places (which also seem to be super rural and have less development and probably way less access to modern health care- just a consideration!) a handful more people than usual have become paralyzed, but wikipedia said that Zika virus is a week long rash and achey joints.

I could be 100% wrong, but it seems to not actually be a severe thing. Not like the Spanish Flu or the Black Plague or things of that nature.
February 26, 2016
Aside from the limited odds of this virus causing real harm, is it just me, or is it simply difficult to take it seriously? "Zika" sounds like a name for an Eastern European stripper. "Hi, I'm Zika. May I give you a lap dance?"

Now Ebola, that's an ominous-sounding name. Great name for a deadly virus. Unlike Zika.
March 03, 2016
I don't have anything intelligent to add to the discussion (the billable hour is killing me...) but I overheard someone say in Starbucks the other day "ok, I know Zika is bad and all but wouldn't the tiny heads make childbirth easier?"
March 03, 2016
brattymcpants
I don't have anything intelligent to add to the discussion (the billable hour is killing me...) but I overheard someone say in Starbucks the other day "ok, I know Zika is bad and all but wouldn't the tiny heads make childbirth easier?"

And yet possibly even more pointless than it already is.
March 04, 2016
seamstress
I heard about this,too, but I still can't find any serious side effects besides the tiny head children thing. In some places (which also seem to be super rural and have less development and probably way less access to modern health care- just a consideration!) a handful more people than usual have become paralyzed, but wikipedia said that Zika virus is a week long rash and achey joints.

I could be 100% wrong, but it seems to not actually be a severe thing. Not like the Spanish Flu or the Black Plague or things of that nature.

Yep. A person with a healthy, reasonably functional immune system will completely clear the virus within a couple weeks, max. And symptoms only last for a week or ten days of that time. The illness itself isn't a big deal.

Part of me thinks "Eh, now that the knowledge is out there that A. it causes microcephaly, and B. it's sexually transmitted, let people make their own choice and raise any microcephalic results from those choices." HOWEVER...kids with microcephaly tend to have cognitive difficulties about 85 percent of the time. So that means more work for schools that are already expected to do everydamnthing.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login