Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Zika: more proof that only baybees matter

Posted by yurble 
Zika: more proof that only baybees matter
February 02, 2016
You may have seen in the news that the Zika virus is spreading in South America and women in the area have been advised not to become pregnant while it is widespread, because Zika has been linked to fetal abnormalities. Zika is not, however, especially harmful to adults, and about 80% of people infected don't even know that they are. So it's a pretty irrelevant disease, right? Compared to - say - Ebola, which has mortality rates near 80%.

But which one is WHO getting all worried about? Zika, of course. A global health emergency has been called for a disease which is irrelevant except in one largely self-chosen circumstance. Rather than discuss the deplorable state of access to abortion in many countries in the region, and offering alternatives to women who are pregnant and infected, the pronatalists have decided that avoiding pregnancy is not a viable option and something must be done, immediately.

Prof David Heymann, chair of the emergency committee, stressed that the most serious issue was not the Zika virus itself, which causes a mild illness, but the microcephaly cases in babies. “Zika alone would never be a public health emergency of international concern,” he said. “It is not a clinically serious infection.” For that reason, he said, it was a very difficult decision.

A difficult decision, which they were somehow able to make quickly, while they floundered with Ebola.

Frankly, I think the world could benefit from this disease spreading some more, if it would reduce human fertility with no other side effects.
Re: Zika: more proof that only baybees matter
February 02, 2016
Hell, they can't even get birth control in South America!

http://time.com/4197318/zika-virus-latin-america-avoid-pregnancy/

Even for women who aren’t already pregnant, contraception is hard to come by in these countries. According to the World Health Organization, 18% of births in Latin America are to teenage mothers, and Amnesty International estimates that more than 50% of the pregnancies in the region are unplanned. “They don’t have access to information, they don’t have access to contraception, and they don’t have access to the option to terminate a pregnancy,” Demant says, noting that contraceptive use among Latin American women is among the lowest in the world, and that emergency contraception is often expensive and difficult to access, if not illegal.

Of course, the Catholic Church would just as soon a woman or girl die than abort. This shit is on THEIR heads, those kiddie diddlers, not the mosquitoes, now that people know how to prevent this from happening. But the miserable, brainless babies have to live and can't be aborted. All around heartless.
February 02, 2016
Well, once the Western world realized that Ebola was of no actual threat to them, they stopped giving a shit. As long as Ebola stays sequestered where all the dark people are, nobody will care.

Zika, however, is easily spreading across the Americas via mosquitoes and it'll hurt the least economically important but somehow the most emotionally important demographic: freshly gestated infants. Not to mention that the best course of action is to avoid pregnancy, which gets everybody in a tizzy because apparently breeding is a right, but not being born without disability and deformity.

------------------------------------------------------------
"Why children take so long to grow? They eat and drink like pig and give nothing back. Must find way to accelerate process..."
- Dr. Yi Suchong, Bioshock

"Society does not need more children; but it does need more loved children. Quite literally, we cannot afford unloved children - but we pay heavily for them every day. There should not be the slightest communal concern when a woman elects to destroy the life of her thousandth-of-an-ounce embryo. But all society should rise up in alarm when it hears that a baby that is not wanted is about to be born."
- Garrett Hardin

"I feel like there's a message involved here somehow, but then I couldn't stop laughing at all the plotholes, like the part when North Korea has food."
- Youtube commentor referring to a North Korean cartoon.

"Reality is a bitch when it slowly crawls out of your vagina and shits in your lap."
- Reddit comment

"Bitch wants a baby, so we're gonna fuck now. #bareback"
- Cambion

Oh whatever. Abortion doctors are crimestoppers."
- Miss Hannigan
February 02, 2016
yurble

Frankly, I think the world could benefit from this disease spreading some more, if it would reduce human fertility with no other side effects.

There's no indication that Zika affects human fertility, either in the mother or the microcephalic infant.
February 02, 2016
just makes more 'tards.' whooppeeee
and I thought I had already pointed this out earlier...

two cents ¢¢

CERTIFIED HOSEHEAD!!!

people (especially women) do not give ONE DAMN about what they inflict on children and I defy anyone to prove me wrong

Dysfunctional relationships almost always have a child. The more dysfunctional, the more children.

The selfish wants of adults outweigh the needs of the child.

Some mistakes cannot be fixed, but some mistakes can be 'fixed'.

People who say they sleep like a baby usually don't have one. Leo J. Burke

Adoption agencies have strict criteria (usually). Breeders, whose combined IQ's would barely hit triple digits, have none.
February 02, 2016
skyeyes
yurble

There's no indication that Zika affects human fertility, either in the mother or the microcephalic infant.

Not directly, no, but I was talking about people taking sensible precautions due to the conjectured relationship between the disease and fetal abnormality. Reducing human fertility through thinking about the consequences is probably beyond most of the world, however.
February 02, 2016
I was listening to a radio report about it. One of the topics was whether it would be safe for pregnant women to travel to destinations that are known to have zika-carrier mosquitoes. There were safety measures suggested (screens in windows, insect repellant, long sleeves, sleeping under a bed net, etc). Mostly it seems like quite a risk to take if you really care about your future kid. Why gamble?

As for what was suggested to resident women in those countries...same precautions were mentioned. The reporter also said that one spokesperson included NOT GETTING PREGNANT NOW as an option, but that local culture saw that as extreme. Seems sensible, not extreme.

They went on to talk about this newly engineered type of mosquito. The males produce non-viable offspring across the board. Population drops by 90 percent when these are released into a mosquito-infested area. They're discussing releasing clouds of these males into zika areas.
February 02, 2016
The El Salvador government asked women to avoid breeding until 2018, but that isn't going to happen.

There's a confirmed case of Zika infection through sex in Texas.

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-35478778
February 02, 2016
Yeah, heard about the Texas case a few minutes ago when coming back from the bank.

Yet another reason to use condoms.
February 02, 2016
The WHO saying it is a health crisis is meaningless when so many women in South America can't afford BC. Spend the health crisis money on birth control instead for any South American woman who requests it. Not that there will be a land run for BC but some women may understand the potential disastrous birth defects. And other women may follow them simply because they cannot think for themselves. And once Zika is no longer a threat some of these same women may have discovered a better life without baybeez. Plus, it gives them an excuse to hand to society for not procreating...couldn't have a baby with Zika being an issue and all.
February 02, 2016
This whole thing is pissing me off too because now the anti-vaxx nutjobs are jumping all over this. They claim that the abnormalities are not caused by Zika, but by the vaccine that prevents Tetanus, Diptheria and Pertussis. It's so frustrating reading so many ignorant comments that suggest the TDaP vaccine is new and that pregnant Brazilian women are forced to have it, so that's obviously the reason.

Of course, logic would dictate this is not the cause. For one, if every pregnant woman in Brazil was vaccinated last year, then why are there only 4,000 possible cases of microcephaly? I'm sure the number of pregnant women in 2015 far exceeded 4,000. So, why is there only a small amount of cases? And why are they only clustered in a small area rather than all across Brazil? Why aren't there cases in all the other countries in the world that give this vaccine to pregnant women? They get it here, and with 4 million birth a year, you would expect to see a huge impact; and yet... nope.

Also, how do vaccine conspirators know that every pregnant woman in Brazil was vaccinated? Being a country that lacks good hospitals in some areas, and women who are not necessarily all 21st century about pregnancy and medical care; what if the ones who had the microcephalic babies are the ones who did not get vaccinated? It's possible a lot of these women don't go to doctors visits when pregnant because they can't afford to? If not, how would 'the government' know they were pregnant and track them down to 'force' vaccines on them? I've read that microcephaly can be a side of a pregnant woman who contracts the measles. Why couldn't that be the case in poor women with little access to good health care, if they are going to blame something besides Zika? I've never had measles, so I don't know how bad they are, but the women who had these disabled babies complained that they had a 'rash' at some point in their pregnancies. Could that be measles? Can measles be detected after the fact? Would doctors even look for it as a cause of this disability?

I also frequently see the comment that 'only x small number of Zika infections were found amount affected babies.' In actuality, this means nothing. I read a comment (from a Time article) with a doctor of genetics who explained this in a way that is believable to me. Given that this is a short-term illness, the virus does not stay in the body for very long. The doctor said that in order for scientists to look for/find the virus, they have to do so within 5-7 days after Zika symptoms disappear. Of course, if you don't know you have Zika --which 80% of people will never have symptoms -- how can you be tested in the necessary time frame? This goes especially for a fetus that could be infected at any time, but the condition would not be discovered unless the mother was sick at the time that normal milestone checkups would be done on the fetus. Otherwise, if infected close to birth, no one would know unless the baby came out with the obvious undersized skull. At that point, unless it was within that infection period, ho would anyone ever find Zika?

So, her statement is essentially that even if they can't find Zika infection in all the babies or mothers, that doesn't mean they were not infected. It could simply mean the virus had time to leave the system prior to the discovery of the abnormality.

Does that stop anti-vaxxers? Well no, of course not. Instead, they are looking to stage an autism/vaccine redux. That's all we need, more idiots refusing to get vaccinated or getting their children vaccinated and 3 more diseases to potentially run rampant.

At this point, if Zika is the prevailing theory among doctors and scientists, then I think that's most likely the cause. Am I 100%? No, but neither is anyone else. It does make sense to me in that this is a new disease for that area. It's been around South Africa for decades, so maybe the reason that their pregnant women don't have this birth defect is because they've had 70 years and generations of exposure to the virus, unlike folks in Brazil and other areas?
February 02, 2016
Pretty soon the Religious Reich will be telling American women "don't abort your microcephalic baybeez! They make such wonderful loving companions!"

Isn't that what they say about Down's Syndrome kids?
February 03, 2016
"There were safety measures suggested (screens in windows, insect repellant, long sleeves,
sleeping under a bed net, etc). Mostly it seems like quite a risk to take if you really care about your future kid."

-> I've lived in a developing country for years. I can tell you from my own experience that the suggested
measures don't work.

windows in dev. countries are made of wood in most cases -> mosquitoes have plenty of possibilites to get in
insect repellant -> they don't work. I tried lots of different brands, even combined - one repellent
directly on skin, other repellent as an addition to the detergent. It didn't make much of a difference as they gradually
wear off and they contain carcinogenic substances.
long sleeves -> mosquitoes bite through clothing!
sleeping under a bed net/ mosquito tent -> you must make 100% sure that when you close it that there is no mosquito in
your tent - that's very difficult. In addition to this, when you go to the toilet at night, the probability is very high
that when you come back, you will bring several mosquitoes into the tent when you open it.
February 03, 2016
ondinette
Pretty soon the Religious Reich will be telling American women "don't abort your microcephalic baybeez! They make such wonderful loving companions!"

Isn't that what they say about Down's Syndrome kids?

That's what this woman his saying. She loves vegetables so much that she went back for a 2nd helping.
ljink https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/inspired-life/wp/2016/02/03/what-this-amazing-mom-of-two-girls-with-microcephaley-has-to-say-about-zika-scare/
February 03, 2016
This is Catholic country, I don't think microancephaly is going to make a change in the general populace's IQ if they just keep pushin em out. HYUK HYUK HYUK.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
So.. We know that food and water are running out, with overpopulation and all... Yet people keep on poppin' out those babies! I guess they want to have their baby and eat it too...

My top reason is that parenting gives you a free license to be selfish based purely on the fact that you're being selfish for an emanation of your own self. The illusion that what you do to benefit your children benefits them solely is a fallacy. Every parent benefits from the benefits that their children receive. Henceforth, it gives one a license to perpetuate a dog-eat-dog mentality that I perceive to be amoral. Parents say that their children are their greatest loves, what they forget to add is that they are their ONLY loves and only because their children are a reflection of themselves. I prefer to be able to love multiple people and have lasting relationships of many types and possess the essential core value of empathy for all than to restrict myself to an echo chamber of ego-masturbation and self-serving chicanery.

In short: Not parenting makes you a better person.
February 03, 2016
Here is just one of the VERY disturbing stories I have read about having microcephaly baybeez:

http://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2016/feb/02/kansas-family-daughters-microcephaly-gwen-hartley-claire-lola-zika

After months of searching for answers, Hartley and her husband, Scott, finally received a devastating diagnosis: Claire had a serious form of microcephaly, a rare condition in which babies have unusually small heads and brains.

When her second daughter, Lola, was also born with microcephaly five years later in 2006, Gwen started a blog about the family called The Hartley Hooligans.

Traffic to the site has spiked lately, with visitors from around the world because of the spread of the Zika virus, which Brazilian authorities have blamed for causing a dramatic rise in babies there being born with the condition, though more research on the possible links is necessary.

With fears rising that a Zika outbreak in the US is highly likely, worried parents-to-be have clicked on to Hartley’s site to read her always frank and often funny observations about raising children with microcephaly.

“It was a complete shock,” she said of Claire’s diagnosis. “We had had a normal sonogram and we had absolutely no idea anything was wrong.” The couple, who live in a suburb of Wichita, Kansas, already had a healthy boy, Cal.

There was no family history of the defect. Even after genetic tests, nearly 15 years later the Hartleys do not have an explanation for how Claire developed microcephaly. Her other medical problems include dwarfism, spastic quadriplegia cerebral palsy, epilepsy, scoliosis and cortical visual impairment. Though a doctor said she was unlikely to live much beyond her first birthday, she will turn 15 in July.

Considering when these things were born, I doubt it could be Zika but having two kids one right after the other with microcephaly?

Exactly what are the chances of that happening, assuming the mother was not infected with something like Zika?
February 03, 2016

Her other medical problems include dwarfism, spastic quadriplegia cerebral palsy, epilepsy, scoliosis and cortical visual impairment. Though a doctor said she was unlikely to live much beyond her first birthday, she will turn 15 in July.

Jesus fucking Christ! Her living 15 years like that is NOT a good thing! What quality of life does this child have? None. Her only raison d'être is to be a prop for her mother to attention whore and monetize. Holy shit.

------------------------------------------------------------
"Why children take so long to grow? They eat and drink like pig and give nothing back. Must find way to accelerate process..."
- Dr. Yi Suchong, Bioshock

"Society does not need more children; but it does need more loved children. Quite literally, we cannot afford unloved children - but we pay heavily for them every day. There should not be the slightest communal concern when a woman elects to destroy the life of her thousandth-of-an-ounce embryo. But all society should rise up in alarm when it hears that a baby that is not wanted is about to be born."
- Garrett Hardin

"I feel like there's a message involved here somehow, but then I couldn't stop laughing at all the plotholes, like the part when North Korea has food."
- Youtube commentor referring to a North Korean cartoon.

"Reality is a bitch when it slowly crawls out of your vagina and shits in your lap."
- Reddit comment

"Bitch wants a baby, so we're gonna fuck now. #bareback"
- Cambion

Oh whatever. Abortion doctors are crimestoppers."
- Miss Hannigan
February 03, 2016
Former friend has a brat with microcephaly currently age 5. In her case it's a chromosome disorder. Her other children are healthy. She is in the upper levels of functioning as in she can walk and eat on her own, but has difficulty speaking and hits if someone can't understand her. Kid looks normal except for the tiny head. Friend really wanted to do a tardmoo blog about her, but her ex husband has full custody and got a court order saying she can only discuss her children's medical information with medical professionals and teachers during the divorce. Friend posted about appointments with the school and pediatric neurologist to evaluate if she can attend normal classes. Not sure of the results due to court order.

She's engaged to a MRA activist so she only posts about wedding stuff.

I just look at her feed on occasion because I'm curious about what she's doing, but don't want to talk to her.
February 03, 2016
Yeah, I don't know why they bother telling people to quit breeding. Even in the face of a virus that will turn loaves into tards if women get it while knocked up (or get knocked up while they have Zika), that's not going to stop people. Though I suppose there's a good chance that any deformed loaves born from Zika-infected mothers in South America or Africa or wherever will wind up dying due to a sore lack of proper medical care. People in the US have access to things that will keep these pin-headed monstrosities alive far longer than necessary, but not so much in places where women can't even get birth control. I'm sure that a child born with microcephaly will also come equipped with a cornucopia of other diseases. Failing loaf death, I'm sure shitloads of women who either couldn't be arsed to abstain or who get raped will wind up throwing their defecto-loaves into the closest rivers, dumpsters, or just plain leaving them in random alleyways.

So Zika has only caused a global state of crisis because it affects a small number of people who are deemed far more important than everybody else. Overall, Zika appears to not be that big of a deal, but because babby, everyone's shitting their pants over it. This would be kind of like calling for a worldwide health emergency for toxoplasmosis (if it were contagious).
February 05, 2016
I'm worried the virus will mutate into something more lethal, there's already been deaths reported . But imagine a worldwide moratorium on breeding for a few years, at least in developed countries. Think of all the industries it would affect.

--------------------
"[GFG's pregnancy is] kind of like at the stables where that one dumb, ugly-ass mare broke out of her corral one day and got herself screwed by the equally fugly colt that was due to be gelded the same afternoon."- Shiny
February 05, 2016
Miss_Hannigan
I'm worried the virus will mutate into something more lethal, there's already been deaths reported . But imagine a worldwide moratorium on breeding for a few years, at least in developed countries. Think of all the industries it would affect.

Yeah, that's the one thing. This illness seems WAY too tame to keep it up. If it develops any more we could have some serious problems.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
So.. We know that food and water are running out, with overpopulation and all... Yet people keep on poppin' out those babies! I guess they want to have their baby and eat it too...

My top reason is that parenting gives you a free license to be selfish based purely on the fact that you're being selfish for an emanation of your own self. The illusion that what you do to benefit your children benefits them solely is a fallacy. Every parent benefits from the benefits that their children receive. Henceforth, it gives one a license to perpetuate a dog-eat-dog mentality that I perceive to be amoral. Parents say that their children are their greatest loves, what they forget to add is that they are their ONLY loves and only because their children are a reflection of themselves. I prefer to be able to love multiple people and have lasting relationships of many types and possess the essential core value of empathy for all than to restrict myself to an echo chamber of ego-masturbation and self-serving chicanery.

In short: Not parenting makes you a better person.
February 06, 2016
In 8 months time I predict a surge gofundme pages for 'my poor shrunken-headed bayybee".
February 06, 2016
They remind me of the "brainless babies", which basically have the cognitive awareness of a peach.
That's nice that adults have been forgotten. I thought it was just fetuses.
And how can women stop getting pregnant if they're partner forces them to have sex, and there is no birth control?

Evan Davis
February 08, 2016
They Grayhound looks like it has potential. The son is probably associate caretaker and the parents have their emotions turned backwards, to the detriment of their offspring.
February 08, 2016
Perhaps a viral mutation would be a good thing, especially since there's no cure or vaccine for Zika. It could mean a little population control. I'd probably have to become a hypocrite and complain if I would up getting sick and dying from it, but maybe Zika could be something that wipes out a few thousand unnecessary societal burdens like professional welfare mommies and unvaccinated kids who are allergic to everything that has ever existed on the planet.

I have more sympathy for women in other countries who can very easily wind up pregnant against their will. Rape is practically a national pastime in South America. But here in America where women have access to birth control and safe, legal abortion, they will have no excuse to get knocked up with sickly clumps. Yet if any American women do get pregnant while infected (or become infected after getting pregnant), none of them will abort because having a sped child is seen as a badge of honor here; if the achievements of the average American woman could be measured in merit badges like in the scouts, the broken-headed babby badge would be one of the very exclusive ones that not everyone can get. It's instant, ultimate mommy martyrdom. Just look at how many Moos will jump for joy when they find out their incubating loaf has Down's syndrome. That isn't something sane people celebrate.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login