Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Just post sprog gets told no and change.org rides to the rescue eye rolling smiley

Posted by thom_c 
Just post sprog gets told no and change.org rides to the rescue eye rolling smiley
February 02, 2016
Yet another reason why change.org ought to be ignored.

Bonehead puts dorm room on airbnb

http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/emerson-student-rents-dorm-on-airbnb-could-face-disciplinary-action/ar-BBp1JeL?li=BBnb4R7

Emerson student rents dorm on Airbnb, could face disciplinary action

Jessica Durando

One student at Emerson College decided to list his dorm room on Airbnb in January so folks could explore Boston and perhaps take in sights like Fenway Park or the Museum of Fine Arts.

Now, he could face disciplinary action from the school, according to the Boston Globe.

Worth told the Globe that Emerson saw the listing last week and told him to remove it. After the page was deleted, Worth told the news organization that he was fined $150 by Airbnb.

So, why did he list his dorm? "There's a high level of interest of travel in this neighborhood because it's so centrally located. I saw this as a way to make some money, but also help some people out," Worth told the news organization.

A change.org petition now has 278 supporters twatwaffles of Worth as of Tuesday. The petition said that the school "is levying several charges of misconduct against him, which could result in disciplinary action as extreme as his dismissal."

Although Emerson would not comment directly on Worth's case, the College said in a statement to Boston.com that the residence hall "policy and the housing contract that undergraduate residents sign prohibit students from subleasing or renting College housing units or beds to protect residents and the community from exposure to safety and security risks."

rest at link

Of course everyone else should forget their security and privacy so sprogly sneauxphlake can play Donald Trump...

Dorms are notoriously strict about guests and people staying overnight. It's all laid out in the student handbook everybody is given and the first dorm meeting at the start of the year. My freshman year, I lived in an all-girls' dorm where the desk was right at the entrance/exit and anybody who did not live in the dorm (even other students who lived in the other dorms) had to sign in and out complete with the time. And at the end of that year, a girl was murdered right in her dorm room and found by the RA. Her murderer was another student, but things got even more strict after that (didn't help that another student was gunned down by her ex-boyfriend the same week; she lived off-campus, though).

So no, they're not going to allow complete strangers who don't attend the school or have a family member attending the school to rent a dorm room and put other students at risk. If he wants to do that, he can rent an apartment (unless that violates his lease).

------------------------------------------------------------
"Why children take so long to grow? They eat and drink like pig and give nothing back. Must find way to accelerate process..."
- Dr. Yi Suchong, Bioshock

"Society does not need more children; but it does need more loved children. Quite literally, we cannot afford unloved children - but we pay heavily for them every day. There should not be the slightest communal concern when a woman elects to destroy the life of her thousandth-of-an-ounce embryo. But all society should rise up in alarm when it hears that a baby that is not wanted is about to be born."
- Garrett Hardin

"I feel like there's a message involved here somehow, but then I couldn't stop laughing at all the plotholes, like the part when North Korea has food."
- Youtube commentor referring to a North Korean cartoon.

"Reality is a bitch when it slowly crawls out of your vagina and shits in your lap."
- Reddit comment

"Bitch wants a baby, so we're gonna fuck now. #bareback"
- Cambion

Oh whatever. Abortion doctors are crimestoppers."
- Miss Hannigan
Re: Just post sprog gets told no and change.org rides to the rescue eye rolling smiley
February 02, 2016
Yeah, the student didn't read his housing contract. Virtually all schools prohibit renting or sub-leasing a dorm room.

Source: Spent 18 years working in the Residence Life department of a major university.
Re: Just post sprog gets told no and change.org rides to the rescue eye rolling smiley
February 02, 2016
Yeah, skyeyes beat me to it. Students can't lease out their dorms, and there are strict limits on guests (usually a duration equal to about a weekend, with consent of all roommates).

Source: Hi, I'm a former RA. It was covered veeeeeery clearly in training.

People who sign this petition are idiots who don't understand that contracts are binding.
February 02, 2016
Just because he didn't fully read the contract HE signed doesn't mean he should get out of it scot free. For every dumbass who signed that petition I bet there are twenty more people with actual brains who would like to see this kid face consequences for his stupid choice.
February 02, 2016
And to think these same knuckleheads likely are living on student loans. I see 278 supporters twatwaffles defaulting on the loans, and counting!
February 02, 2016
I don't know what kind of institution Emerson is but clearly this kid is more suited to Community College.
Pretty stupid to not actually read the contract you're signing. Another #wharhol15famewhore.
February 03, 2016
Change.org has become breeder whining central.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
So.. We know that food and water are running out, with overpopulation and all... Yet people keep on poppin' out those babies! I guess they want to have their baby and eat it too...

My top reason is that parenting gives you a free license to be selfish based purely on the fact that you're being selfish for an emanation of your own self. The illusion that what you do to benefit your children benefits them solely is a fallacy. Every parent benefits from the benefits that their children receive. Henceforth, it gives one a license to perpetuate a dog-eat-dog mentality that I perceive to be amoral. Parents say that their children are their greatest loves, what they forget to add is that they are their ONLY loves and only because their children are a reflection of themselves. I prefer to be able to love multiple people and have lasting relationships of many types and possess the essential core value of empathy for all than to restrict myself to an echo chamber of ego-masturbation and self-serving chicanery.

In short: Not parenting makes you a better person.
February 04, 2016
Whether a dorm room or anywhere else, you simply cannot rent out a rental property that you do not own. Dorm room, rental house, apartment, the dumpster out back. And dorm rooms are already sardine cans - where exactly would this moron be putting guests? On a shitty couch? This is just the practical aspect of this whole thing - I'm not even addressing the safety concerns yet. How exactly would the student get guests past the RAs? Sign them in as family? Even then, I think they can only stay for a couple days at a time, at best.

Petition site
He saw an opportunity to help travelers be able to afford to stay in the downtown Boston area, and earn himself some money to help offset the expense of attending the college.

Translation: Snowflake didn't want to bother getting a real job to pay for his education.

Moron
"There is nothing criminal with providing cheap housing to travelers. Jack Worth gave travelers from far and wide a taste of boston life and the Emerson experience simply because he wanted to help those who otherwise wouldn't be able to afford to stay in the downtown area. If the Emerson community is as inclusive as it claims to be, it should act it."

Well, it becomes criminal when you blatantly violate the terms of the housing contract you sign. He had to have known he was doing something wrong and he went and did it anyway. It'd be like borrowing equipment from the school, selling it and then bitching when the school takes disciplinary action against the student. I've been to Boston and there are cheap hostels downtown. The one I stayed at was like $60 a night and was a shithole (no TV, not sure about internet, locker room-style shower stalls, the beds were uncomfortable, tiny rooms), but it was clean and cheap compared to the cost of everything else in the area.

So, like many other Change.org petitions, this isn't so much a petition as it is a matter of "don't make the widdle dumpling deal with the consequences of his bad decisions!" Fuck him, I hope he gets expelled or thrown out of housing. He needs to learn that you don't get to break your fucking contract (not to mention potentially putting the other students at risk) just to make a few bucks.
I am unfamiliar with US style student dorms, and the closest I've ever been to one, is a short period sharing a unit with a med student in a rural clinical placement. In my experience, anything cheap owned by poor & struggling students isn't something I'd pay good money to stay in (eg the shower had a scum ring that was like the asphalt of a drag strip, and the charcoal slate floor was actually cream linoleum -nasty! eye popping smiley )
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login