Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

United Airlines to let parents with small kids board first

Posted by Dorisan 
United Airlines to let parents with small kids board first
February 03, 2016
Aged two and younger go first

Tellya what, a large segment of Fakebook has gone batshit over this, and it's not in favor of parents.

because they think they are the only ones flying "ohhh i have special privelages, i have a kid, so lets take up all the space, recline all the seats, and act like were the only ones flying today!
let the entire family board early just cause you have kids, let them take up ALL the overhead cabin space, then to top it all off, have them scream the whole flight too

And not just FB, but in the comments section of the article

I guess pumping out kids is somehow worthy of special treatment. At least this way the kids can get on early and spill their sippy cup in the seat (which isn't theirs because they're in the wrong seat), and wipe their sticky fingers all over the armrest before you get to your seat. Enjoy!
Re: United Airlines to let parents with small kids board first
February 03, 2016
Flew Delta in December. What was much worse than the small kids boarding first was the overentitled parents who were informed all flights were full and that any baggage beyond the standard carry on should be checked and because they were boarded first didn't bother to check shit. As a matter of fact, they had more shit than anyone-tons of bags, diaper bags, strollers, car seats, etc. none of which was checked. Plenty of other assholes gaming the system and forcing their huge luggage in multiple overhead bins. Numerous bins had just one very oversized piece of luggage preventing all but the smallest backpacks and bags from sharing the bin space.

So their screaming banshees board first, fly free and don't have to check their luggage in either.

I avoided the big common dining areas near the fast food and ate in nice restaurants with the more exotic menus (one served Spanish style octopus) and only saw adults other than during boarding times.
February 03, 2016
I genuinely do not understand why any business gives parents special privileges. Parents are the cheapest of assholes and will often kick, scream and throw tantrums when they don't get their own way or actually have to pay for something. They're entitled to begin with, and when you go out of your way to cater specifically to them, all that does is augment the entitlement, which causes them to demand even more. They will go out of their way to find problems with whatever service or accommodations are being provided and will pull the "customer is always right" card constantly in an attempt to get what they want, and many businesses will bend to breeders to avoid any sort of public shaming. Breeders can cry to the media about being treated "badly", which will result in bad publicity for the business as well as whoever is in charge of the company giving them free shit.

On flights, breeders will ignore all rules because they feel they are above the rules. Rules are for those unbred masses, but Moo is just this side of royalty and expects to be treated as such, so silly things like luggage fees, luggage searches, no more than 3 ounces of fluid on board and a reasonable amount of overhead space don't apply to them. If people try to make breeders abide by rules, there will be tantrums, screaming, threats of lawsuits, accusations of discrimination, and just generally breeders shamelessly making scenes to try and have things their own way. This can present major issues to other passengers when breeders are keeping people from boarding their flights for two hours because they have to argue about every single fucking thing between the moment they get into the airport and the moment they finally get on the plane.

All this trouble for what? For someone who will proceed to let their kids kick the seats in front of them and scream the whole flight, or run screeching up and down the aisles, bothering everyone else, changing shit diapers right in the seats because the bathrooms are "too dirty" for their dumplings' asses, letting their kids whine and moan about being hungry/tired/some other bullshit, not bothering to wrangle their awtarded bastards and occasionally letting their kids act so horribly that the plane might actually have to make an emergency landing to remove the offending family? WHY does any business cater to the group of people who cause the most trouble?

Brats and their handlers are not that special that they need to board planes before everyone else. I think most people would argue that kids don't need to be on fucking planes in the first place, but if they have to be, then they can wait like everybody else. Don't make breeders feel special - they have more than enough entitlement as it is and they absolutely do not need more.
February 03, 2016
Cambion
I genuinely do not understand why any business gives parents special privileges. Parents are the cheapest of assholes and will often kick, scream and throw tantrums when they don't get their own way or actually have to pay for something. They're entitled to begin with, and when you go out of your way to cater specifically to them, all that does is augment the entitlement, which causes them to demand even more.

This is so true. And yeah, it's baffling why any business would feed that fire. At least people are speaking up in the comments on the article and on FB, calling parents on their bullshit.
February 04, 2016
Every flight I've been on for the last ~10 years has let breeders with small kids board first. I thought it was already the norm.

The boarding first is not an issue for me when the flight is nearly empty because I don't see it as a privilege to sit on the plane longer, but when the flight is full I get pretty pissed off about the staff not enforcing the baggage limit. No, you cannot check my single bag which complies with the rules, and I do not see why you should have to carry it halfway down the plane to find a place for it, either.

But the boarding is really a very minor part of the annoyance of brats on airplanes.
February 05, 2016
I've always been of the opinion that boarding should be back-to-front. That way, people aren't fucking around in the aisle and blocking other people from getting on and sitting down. When I travel, my carryon fits under my seat, so it literally takes all of 5 seconds to stow my bag and fasten my seatbelt.

They also need a flight attendant watching so asshats who sit in the back don't try to shove their luggage up front over someone else's seat.
February 05, 2016
Continental stopped boarding parents first long ago. When they merged with United, who was already leaning that way, they too stopped catering to the lowest paying passengers. Cue righteous howling, including breeders bleating on why military people should get coddled.

It is not going well; the elite passengers (the ones the airlines SHOULD be asskissing as they pay the bills) are not pleased. They have said the usual: the parents take forever to get situated, the kids will be losing their shit early when stuck on a plane, taking up all the overhead space with their kindercrap.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
From a bottle cap message on a Magic Hat #9 beer: Condoms Prevent Minivans
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I want to pick up a bus full of unruly kids and feed them gummi bears and crack, then turn them loose in Hobby Lobby to ransack the place. They will all be wearing T shirts that say "You Could Have Prevented This."
February 05, 2016
We flew United overseas for Christmas this year on a Business First class ticket. Besides the non-stop champagne, flat-bed seats, and real food, we boarded first before everybody. I did see some breeders throw a hissy fit because they couldn't board first, however the flight attendants put them in their place, and fast.
February 05, 2016
The other problem I see with breeders boarding first is that we have clearly seen how they refuse to actually plan and think things through, so they'll hijack other people's seats so they all can sit together or take over the area with the extra leg room despite other people paying the extra money for those seats and then want to have tantrums when asked to move to their assigned seats.

------------------------------------------------------------
"Why children take so long to grow? They eat and drink like pig and give nothing back. Must find way to accelerate process..."
- Dr. Yi Suchong, Bioshock

"Society does not need more children; but it does need more loved children. Quite literally, we cannot afford unloved children - but we pay heavily for them every day. There should not be the slightest communal concern when a woman elects to destroy the life of her thousandth-of-an-ounce embryo. But all society should rise up in alarm when it hears that a baby that is not wanted is about to be born."
- Garrett Hardin

"I feel like there's a message involved here somehow, but then I couldn't stop laughing at all the plotholes, like the part when North Korea has food."
- Youtube commentor referring to a North Korean cartoon.

"Reality is a bitch when it slowly crawls out of your vagina and shits in your lap."
- Reddit comment

"Bitch wants a baby, so we're gonna fuck now. #bareback"
- Cambion

Oh whatever. Abortion doctors are crimestoppers."
- Miss Hannigan
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login