Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

One in a million

Posted by mrs. chinaski 
One in a million
February 04, 2016
http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/real-life-stories/mum-identical-downs-syndrome-twins-7258169

Emma Lowe, from Preston, was told it was a one in a million chance that her twins would have Down's Syndrome.
"When I found out I was ­pregnant with identical twins, the doctors told me the chances of them having Down’s syndrome were one in a million.
So you can imagine my shock when they were born and I found out they in fact did have Down’s."

-> However, Moo is against testing!

"So when earlier this month the NHS gave new tests for Down’s syndrome the go-ahead, I was horrified.

The new blood test is less invasive than an amniocentesis test, which may lead to miscarriage, and means doctors can predict with 99% accuracy whether a baby will be born with Down’s.
What’s more, I read women with a one in 150 or greater chance of having a Down’s baby will be offered the new test on the NHS, giving them the choice to ­terminate the pregnancy.
At first, I couldn’t take it in. Tears pricked my eyes and I felt my face flushed with anger.
I know the idea is to offer parents choices, but looking at Arthur and Alfie’s grinning faces, I couldn’t believe the NHS was effectively encouraging people to abort children like mine. I believe this is genetic cleansing."
Re: One in a million
February 04, 2016
Just because you have to deal with the shitty cards you were handed in having twins with Down Syndrome doesn't mean you get to force every other woman to do the same. Very few people have the fortitude to handle disabled children; I would wager at least 90% of parents of disabled children can barely deal with it, but do it because they have no choice (and would have aborted had they known the full scale of what they'd be dealing with).

It is not genetic cleansing in the genocidal way this woman wants to equate it with; this is not on the level of China and India aborting female fetuses or wartime ethnic cleansing. Jesus, the body does this all the time. A lot of miscarriages are due to the fact that the zygote/fetus has so many chromosomal or genetic abnormalities that the body scraps it.

Disability advocates only ever present the best-case scenario for people afflicted with Down Syndrome, autism, cerebral palsy, etc. and say that they're fully capable of living independent lives. But they can never explain away the existence of the low-functioning ones that will never be literate, be potty-trained, learn to walk on their own, have to have multiple surgeries (and if you live in America, this becomes expensive to the point that people have to declare bankruptcy), need aides and behavioral therapists, and will need constant care for their entire lives.

People have got to start considering the quality of life for both the resulting child and the family. Life isn't worth anything if right at the outset, you're completely unable to ever make anything of it for its entirety.

------------------------------------------------------------
"Why children take so long to grow? They eat and drink like pig and give nothing back. Must find way to accelerate process..."
- Dr. Yi Suchong, Bioshock

"Society does not need more children; but it does need more loved children. Quite literally, we cannot afford unloved children - but we pay heavily for them every day. There should not be the slightest communal concern when a woman elects to destroy the life of her thousandth-of-an-ounce embryo. But all society should rise up in alarm when it hears that a baby that is not wanted is about to be born."
- Garrett Hardin

"I feel like there's a message involved here somehow, but then I couldn't stop laughing at all the plotholes, like the part when North Korea has food."
- Youtube commentor referring to a North Korean cartoon.

"Reality is a bitch when it slowly crawls out of your vagina and shits in your lap."
- Reddit comment

"Bitch wants a baby, so we're gonna fuck now. #bareback"
- Cambion

Oh whatever. Abortion doctors are crimestoppers."
- Miss Hannigan
February 04, 2016
This seems like a recent development in society where a Down's is considered a reason to jump for joy. It is possible that all these moos being presented as freaking out over testing are bible thumpers who see all sprogs as the usual "gift from Gawd" Parents tend to be insanely optimistic about their own sprogs and tell themselves that Snotley will be as cute as a botton and will be working a nice quiet cashier job when he is 18 after a couple years training, instead of rages and financial ruin.
February 04, 2016
Any time you fuck without protection, you stand the chance of conceiving a tard. The right thing to do in this situation is abort, but now it's being considered genocide? WTF!? Breeders have NO common sense. The tards they show on TV are not typical tards. These are high functioning tards. The average tard is going to do not much more than sit in a corner, shit itself and drool all day long.

One of the reasons I never wanted to sluice is because I didn't want to play Russian roulette with my genetics. Even when I was a kid, I knew that sluicing a loaf was a huuuggge gamble. Nowadays, for some reason, it's even higher than before. And these idiots take less time deciding to have a loaf than they spend picking out a mayonnaise at the grocery store.
February 04, 2016
In my early working life, I worked in various residential and workshop settings doing social work for various types of clients at every age range including mentally challenged people, physically disabled people, ex-psychiatric clients, young offenders, emotionally disturbed clients, etc.

Through my own experience with about 130-150 clients, I can say without hesitation that the vast majority of families dump off inconvenient family members into government -covered institutions and have little to no contact with them for the rest of their lives.
There was no group or individual (even fundies) that was more likely to visit or even check into the care for their family members after the initial short visit or two.
February 05, 2016
Oh wow, matching doorstops!

I hear what you're saying, cassia. Back in the day before pre-natal screening and legal abortion, I could understand, but there's no excuse now. When the novelty wears off and the lil' wrigglers grow up to be rapey pant-shitters, breeders just dump them at the pound.

--------------------
"[GFG's pregnancy is] kind of like at the stables where that one dumb, ugly-ass mare broke out of her corral one day and got herself screwed by the equally fugly colt that was due to be gelded the same afternoon."- Shiny
February 05, 2016
MooMoo
At first, I couldn’t take it in. Tears pricked my eyes and I felt my face flushed with anger.
I know the idea is to offer parents choices, but looking at Arthur and Alfie’s grinning faces, I couldn’t believe the NHS was effectively encouraging people to abort children like mine. I believe this is genetic cleansing."

Look at all the I and Me statements in that paragraph. Just like all breeders, Moo is unable to look at something logically and instead gets emotional and takes it as a personal insult when the other people make different choices.

_____________________________________________________________________________________________
"Not every ejaculation deserves a name" - George Carlin
February 05, 2016
Miss_Hannigan

I hear what you're saying, cassia. Back in the day before pre-natal screening and legal abortion, I could understand, but there's no excuse now. When the novelty wears off and the lil' wrigglers grow up to be rapey pant-shitters, breeders just dump them at the pound.

Yep. Like all bingoing breeders, it comes from those whose kids are still little and can be whored out for attention and money. Let's return in 20 years when DefectoMoo is still wiping the asses of her now adult children, she's without friends, she's divorced and most men don't want to date a single moo let alone one with two mentally retarded children, and all the money and support people threw at her when the twins were young have long since dried up and she's battling to get any governmental support. I bet her feelings with do a 180 when other parents are bragging about what their adult children have accomplished while for her it's a big deal if the twins can read a book for kindergarteners. But because she made such a big stink when her kids could still be considered cute, she can't say anything.

------------------------------------------------------------
"Why children take so long to grow? They eat and drink like pig and give nothing back. Must find way to accelerate process..."
- Dr. Yi Suchong, Bioshock

"Society does not need more children; but it does need more loved children. Quite literally, we cannot afford unloved children - but we pay heavily for them every day. There should not be the slightest communal concern when a woman elects to destroy the life of her thousandth-of-an-ounce embryo. But all society should rise up in alarm when it hears that a baby that is not wanted is about to be born."
- Garrett Hardin

"I feel like there's a message involved here somehow, but then I couldn't stop laughing at all the plotholes, like the part when North Korea has food."
- Youtube commentor referring to a North Korean cartoon.

"Reality is a bitch when it slowly crawls out of your vagina and shits in your lap."
- Reddit comment

"Bitch wants a baby, so we're gonna fuck now. #bareback"
- Cambion

Oh whatever. Abortion doctors are crimestoppers."
- Miss Hannigan
February 05, 2016
paragon schnitzophonic
Miss_Hannigan

Yep. Like all bingoing breeders, it comes from those whose kids are still little and can be whored out for attention and money. Let's return in 20 years when DefectoMoo is still wiping the asses of her now adult children, she's without friends, she's divorced and most men don't want to date a single moo let alone one with two mentally retarded children, and all the money and support people threw at her when the twins were young have long since dried up and she's battling to get any governmental support. I bet her feelings with do a 180 when other parents are bragging about what their adult children have accomplished while for her it's a big deal if the twins can read a book for kindergarteners. But because she made such a big stink when her kids could still be considered cute, she can't say anything.

That's a ton of perspective. I think that's what most attention whoring comes from, from the willingness of other to join in. It starts off cute and BAM it becomes tragedy once the ugly adulthood appears. Lol!
February 05, 2016
One in 700 births on average:
http://www.marchofdimes.org/baby/down-syndrome.aspx#

One in 1,000,000 versus one in 700. Think the tard is her!

And this number includes the geezer breeders.
February 05, 2016
cassia
In my early working life, I worked in various residential and workshop settings doing social work for various types of clients at every age range including mentally challenged people, physically disabled people, ex-psychiatric clients, young offenders, emotionally disturbed clients, etc.

Through my own experience with about 130-150 clients, I can say without hesitation that the vast majority of families dump off inconvenient family members into government -covered institutions and have little to no contact with them for the rest of their lives.
There was no group or individual (even fundies) that was more likely to visit or even check into the care for their family members after the initial short visit or two.

Moos and duhs that dump off inconvenient family members (whether in an institution or on another family member/friend) are selfish and morally repugnant. And the ones who do it with the excuse of advanced age because they chose to geezer breed are worse.
February 06, 2016
Cow dropped a DS Tard prior too, also. That one was still born.

And she has older kids too. A 14 year old when the first tard dropped and died.

As you can see - this Cow's 'profession' - is breeding. She already HAD a bunch of kids! And then shat a Tard, which died, and she kept at it? She and the Duh (s) (?) - I had to quit reading this, my brain was melting.

Take a look at this Cow too - someone stuck their dick in that? I look like a Super Model in comparison - and I can't even get a date!

Oh but plenty of men HARASS me and hit on me - usually MARRIED DUHS!

I'm Retard Free also - you'd think that alone would make me a decent catch.

GAH. Fucking World! Which will be TARD WORLD pretty soon!
February 06, 2016
Here's one in the US:

http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/montana-mother-acknowledges-not-reading-medical-brochures/ar-BBpb3nk

paragon schnitzophonic
Just because you have to deal with the shitty cards you were handed in having twins with Down Syndrome doesn't mean you get to force every other woman to do the same. Very few people have the fortitude to handle disabled children; I would wager at least 90% of parents of disabled children can barely deal with it, but do it because they have no choice (and would have aborted had they known the full scale of what they'd be dealing with).

Not sure about other countries, but I know in the US the rate of Down's syndrome has declined. Partly it's due to better education about risk factors etc., but it's also due to abortion being legal now.

I do wonder...if there's a test made available for severe & profound autism, will that number drop, too?
February 09, 2016
catharsist
paragon schnitzophonic
Miss_Hannigan

That's a ton of perspective. I think that's what most attention whoring comes from, from the willingness of other to join in. It starts off cute and BAM it becomes tragedy once the ugly adulthood appears. Lol!

Don't forget those hormones kicking in. Unless they are really veggie (and most are not) their adult bodies get the same urges as any adult - just with a 2 or 3 y.o. brain. You think that it is embarrassing when your DOG humps the sofa cushions? Ha, just wait 18 years.
February 11, 2016
Notice in the story Moo and Duh had another kyd after the twins, a daughter. Why do I get the impression she'll be the designated caregiver one day? She's the one who needs sympathy, IMO.

It takes a child to raze a village.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login