Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

What is wrong with these moos? (snow again)

Posted by starlady 
What is wrong with these moos? (snow again)
February 09, 2016
Okay.. it's snowing here again. Just a run of the mill little mid winter dropping of about 4 inches up here in the northern counties of MD. Meanwhile, south of us .. just a bit.. they got far less snow (maybe 2 inches) and they decided to open schools 2 hours late for the little human snowflaques. Now the moos are on the warpath down there and think the schools should be closed today. The traffic is running smoothly.. the roads are clear as they were pre-treated and the snow is wet and didn't stick to them much anyway. The sidewalks have all of a dusting on them so the little crotchlings walk there or wait for the bus. They showed pictures on the news and it hardly looks like it snowed at all down there.

What is with these moos? Why are they afraid to let thier 'wussiekins' out in the snow? My hubby remarked the other day that he doesn't see any snowmen on the lawns. I told him that it's because these moos won't let their 'fruit' out to play in the snow anymore. Seriously! I did not see any kids in the neighborhood in the last storm. They were all kept inside. OMG... when it snowed when I was a kid you couldn't keep me inside.

So, today IS a snowday up here where I live. (OMG..4 inches.. run for the hills) and the neighborhood is silent. Not one kid sledding, walking, building snow fortes or snowmen. Must suck to be a kid these days.

Just heard it on the radio again. The problem is that the parunts don't trust the school bus drivers to drive safely. Now the bus drivers are getting mad. One of them just said "If they don't trust us then why are they letting their kids on the busses at all?"

So... fire up the SMooV and take little 'flake-ums' to school yourself MOO!

Thanks to moos... I have a gouge in my driveway and torn up lawn that SOMEONE has to fix.
Re: What is wrong with these moos? (snow again)
February 09, 2016
Just heard..... Moos made so much fuss that they closed the schools. Ahhh the almighty mooooo rules again.

Can you tell that this crap makes me angry??? Like to take these cows and slap some sense into them. What kind of generation are we looking at in our fuuuutuuure?
February 09, 2016
Drove out to see a client and dealt with mostly rain and maybe a teeny bit of sleet. The roads were fine this was the Arlington/Alexandria area, finding parking was a pain but that happens even on nice sunny days. Bratmobiles were on the road so I assume no cancellations or delays there.

Most of the school bus drivers in my area are SAHMoos, the advertising for county bus drivers emphasizes you can keep your brats with you and you only work during the school year.

More proof that dealing with breeders is a no win scenario.
February 09, 2016
I miss heard on the closing. The county did stick with the 2 hour delay. But the moos are still getting their utters agitated.
February 09, 2016
starlady
Like to take these cows and slap some sense into them. What kind of generation are we looking at in our fuuuutuuure?

A generation composed entirely of Martin Shkrelis.
February 09, 2016
I don't know....

I remember how my grandma and MIL told me that during the WW2, they lived on the countryside
and had no real shoes. They were wearing wooden shoes and had to walk long distances in the snow
(MIL for school, grandma for work) and how cold it was...
February 09, 2016
When I was in high school, the district started closing school in the winter because it was too cold. Not because of any sort of precipitation covering the roads, but because it was too cold for the snookumses. The roads could be crystal clear, but if it was below 30 degrees outside, school would get cancelled. Mind you, I live in Pennsyltucky, so it's not like we're talking arctic temperatures.

You'd think Moos would be fighting tooth and nail for school to actually be in session. Aren't a vast majority of them excited to get rid of the brats for a few hours every day?
February 09, 2016
Cambion

You'd think Moos would be fighting tooth and nail for school to actually be in session. Aren't a vast majority of them excited to get rid of the brats for a few hours every day?

Too early in the year - a few more weeks and they will be lowing about how they need to work or how the snow make-up days will mess up their vacations. NO winning with these twunts.
February 09, 2016
They closed schools in my county (NoVA) today and I can't decide if that surprises me or not. My county is well-known for closing schools at the drop of a snowflake (which is why 3 extra weeks are built into the school year so kids don't have to make those days up), but the roads were clear when I left for work at 445AM and still clear after the heaviest part of the snowfall when I left at 1PM. I guess the western part of the country (rural farm horse country land where kids have longer commutes to get to school) determined it was too dangerous to send the chitlins to school, which is usually the case when the eastern part is pretty clear, but schools are closed anyway.

------------------------------------------------------------
"Why children take so long to grow? They eat and drink like pig and give nothing back. Must find way to accelerate process..."
- Dr. Yi Suchong, Bioshock

"Society does not need more children; but it does need more loved children. Quite literally, we cannot afford unloved children - but we pay heavily for them every day. There should not be the slightest communal concern when a woman elects to destroy the life of her thousandth-of-an-ounce embryo. But all society should rise up in alarm when it hears that a baby that is not wanted is about to be born."
- Garrett Hardin

"I feel like there's a message involved here somehow, but then I couldn't stop laughing at all the plotholes, like the part when North Korea has food."
- Youtube commentor referring to a North Korean cartoon.

"Reality is a bitch when it slowly crawls out of your vagina and shits in your lap."
- Reddit comment

"Bitch wants a baby, so we're gonna fuck now. #bareback"
- Cambion

Oh whatever. Abortion doctors are crimestoppers."
- Miss Hannigan
February 10, 2016
Jesus, I remember standing outside for recess while a giant funnel cloud swirled overhead.

Anyway, I don't get it, you'd think moos would want their free government babysitter to remain open. I think their self-worth is so tied up in their offspring that if Junior slips on some ice and gets a bruise, she feels his pain tenfold. The kid is her extension and it's a personal affront TO HER.

--------------------
"[GFG's pregnancy is] kind of like at the stables where that one dumb, ugly-ass mare broke out of her corral one day and got herself screwed by the equally fugly colt that was due to be gelded the same afternoon."- Shiny
February 10, 2016
Cambion
When I was in high school, the district started closing school in the winter because it was too cold. Not because of any sort of precipitation covering the roads, but because it was too cold for the snookumses. The roads could be crystal clear, but if it was below 30 degrees outside, school would get cancelled. Mind you, I live in Pennsyltucky, so it's not like we're talking arctic temperatures.

Need to spend a winter in the Poconos. Worst I saw there was - 15 F. Routine was -5F

eye rolling smiley Two inches?!! In Northern NY, people walk around in shorts, I kid you not, with two inches of snow.
Hell, they only call a snow day when we get two FEET of snow, and the plows can't keep up. (which I have to say, they do a damn good job in NYS plowing. There's a reason we pay a higher gas tax here)

Evan Davis
February 10, 2016
thom_c
Cambion

Need to spend a winter in the Poconos. Worst I saw there was - 15 F. Routine was -5F

Worse I've been in up here, was -40F. I had to hire a bobcat to clear my driveway, because my plow guy couldn't move the snow anymore.
It makes you appreciate good weather more, imho. I moved here from the desert, so it was quite a little shock, lol

Evan Davis
February 10, 2016
I grew up in north Idaho - there would usually be several snow days a year. But, that was for SNOW - 6 inches to a foot or more. 2-4 inches would barely be a blip on the radar. We would go to school in active snow downpours, we would walk home in the snow. We would be out sledding if they called school off and they always sent us out for recess in the snow and cold if they didn't.

Now I'm in New England and they call school off for an inch or so or a bit of ice on the road. I don't know if it's because I'm in a new area or because it's a different time, but people are just sooooo whingeing and dramatic about snow anymore. They call 2-4 inches a "storm" and people freak out. It's New England, so I know people around here are used to snow in winter, so I don't get the hyperventilating. Are people here just drama queens, or is it that people these days are delicate little butterflies who can't handle it? confused smiley
February 10, 2016
I remember going to school with 4 to 5 inches of snow. Yes, we'd start an hour or 2 late but we went. We walked to the bus (I had to walk across a ball field to get to my stop.. walked about a mile all together to get there.. in Jr High) It really had to snow at least 8 inches to have a day off. Timing was also a factor. If it snowed overnight and the plows were able to get to it before school opened... then we were a little later or open as usual.

When I was in my 20's.. some friends of mine who had school aged kids... moved to NY State. I went to visit them during the winter a couple times. It literally snowed at least an inch every single day during January and February. Unless it was a blizzard.. the schools remained open and on a regular schedule every day. With a blizzard.. they may have gotten a day or two off at most. Guess it depends on how the government handles the whole thing. It got so that, after a while, snow was a natural part of winter and the people up there just put on their boots and hats and mittens and delt with it. I have lost touch with my friends up there....and I wonder if it's the same way or if NYstate has whimped up too?
February 10, 2016
pitbullgirl1965
thom_c
Cambion

Worse I've been in up here, was -40F. I had to hire a bobcat to clear my driveway, because my plow guy couldn't move the snow anymore.
It makes you appreciate good weather more, imho. I moved here from the desert, so it was quite a little shock, lol

Did the opposite. Gimme the heat!

Got a huge lizard that lives in the back yard. Sits in front of the window and makes the cats nuts!

I grew up in the Hudson Valley.
Age 5, walked (with brother, 8) mile
To get to paved road and bus.
February 10, 2016
starlady
. I have lost touch with my friends up there....and I wonder if it's the same way or if NY state has wimped up too?
Naw, people are tough in NYS. Schools almost never close up here. Kids walk around in shorts in 30 degree F weather.
Snowing right now matter fact, another 4 inches tonight. I don't mind

Evan Davis
February 11, 2016
I kind of have that NYS mentality about snow but I live in the DC area. Kind of doesn't go together.. does it? I love it and I think a nice coating throughout the winter makes things look cleaner... and... and extra inch or so daily keeps it looking clean. I was out in my robe and bare feet last week getting my recycle bin out from the side of the house. Yep.. bare feet. It was only like a minute max but... hey... they do warm up.

Anyhow... the whole point is... all these kyds are going to grow up fearing everything. They won't be able to take what real life throws at them because the moos protect them too much. My parents just bundled me up and said 'go to school' I walked to and from that bus rain, snow, darkness of night (seriously.. it was late when I'd get home on the activities bus .. kind of twilight in December and January)
February 11, 2016
Here on Long Island (NY), I have seen how wimpy the schools have become compared to when I attended them back in the 1970s and into the early 1980s. They close the schools for little, nothing storms these days when back in my days it took a major blizzard like the two monsters we got in Jan-Feb 1978 to close them. The only small upside to this is if I happened to be out driving in the afternoon I don't have to worry about getting stuck behind a school bus dropping off kids every 2 blocks and clogging up the roads!
February 11, 2016
You hear all the stories about how people are crazy for living in Alaska with all the snow and cold temps -

Well, it really isn't all that bad. Our schools rarely close (the university closed once in the last couple years, and that was for freezing rain) but luckily people are used to the 8 months of winter. Plus, most of the time it's too cold to snow.

I will say that I did travel to one of the Alaskan Native villages for work a couple times last year, and I've always heard the "walked up-hill both ways" bit. That was the first time I've ever actually experienced it. The only reason for that was this particular island has no roads and thus no vehicles, and since the native corporation had no money, they couldn't run their one plow. Snow drifts are a bitch, but when you gotta get to the store, you gotta go. So many people got stuck in their snowmobiles, but they just pulled it out, or a passerby would help them get it unstuck and they'd just go. School wasn't cancelled there, life went on.

The human spirit is very strong when it needs to be.
February 11, 2016
When I went to school in the Midwest, I can't remember any snow days. Takeo said he only had school cancelled one day in elementary school when the pipes burst. He didn't know until the principal called the farm closest to the bus stop and the wife walked to the stop and told the kids to go home. 0F or colder meant indoor recess.

In the early 90s Northern VA schools closed down all the time for snow, but had maybe 3 make up days so the school year was extended or in 1994 they added 45 minutes to the day to avoid the school year going into July. They're getting better about calling a delay instead of canceling, or just dealing with the weather. With climate change big snowstorms are the new normal and the schools and moos will have to deal with it.
February 11, 2016
I remember once a jurisdiction in the DC area closed because there was a chance of snow in the forecast. It never snowed. They caught hell for it... but if they would have had to close early because it DID snow... they would have caught hell because they didn't close in the first place. It's a no win.

Climate Change? It's just winter. We had a lot of snow in the winter in DC when I was a kid. I have lots of photos of me out in it to prove it. I remember my father taking me out to the park across the street. He wore his army jacket and combat boots it was so bad. This happened a lot. When we moved to the burbs... we had several big blizzards where we were snowed in. It's just nature. Sometimes there's a lot of snow... and some years we barely see a trace.

Temps go up... temps go down. Sometimes it rains.. sometimes it snows.. The world goes round and round and is ALWAYS changing.
February 12, 2016
Predicting the possibility of an inch of snow later today. The authorities are telling people to leave work early and get off the roads. The snow is not even on the radar yet. It maynot happen and so they are telling people to leave work and go home? Crazy.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login