Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Abby gets it right

Posted by kittehpeoples 
Abby gets it right
April 20, 2016
Boo hoo moo complains that strangers are criticizing her parenting and asks Dear Abby for support. Abby tells her to do some actual parenting:

http://chicago.suntimes.com/lifestyles/dear-abby-strangers-give-mom-parenting-advice/

Abby's response is brief, but heartening.
Re: Abby gets it right
April 20, 2016
I was just going to post this. Abby serves it back!!
Anonymous User
April 20, 2016
thumbs upthumbs up Abby!
April 21, 2016
I'm pretty sure "the village" would prefer not to do the parenting, so if they're stepping in, it is for a reason.
April 23, 2016
yurble
I'm pretty sure "the village" would prefer not to do the parenting, so if they're stepping in, it is for a reason.

No shit yurble! No fucking shit. And this Moo is exaggerating, I'm sure of it.

+++++++++++++

Passive Aggressive
Master Of Anti-brat
Excuses!
April 24, 2016
People are becoming less tolerant of breeders and their lack of parenting, and, consequently, have fewer reservations about telling breeders when their kids are misbehaving. The common denominator here is Moo, so, like Abby said, perhaps it's time she starts listening to these people if she gets complaints about her brat so often from total strangers.

Breeders are all too ready to rely on the village to financially support their choice to breed or to keep their brats out of harm's way, but the second that village tries to correct the kids' shitty behavior, the Mama Bear ClawsTM come out and everyone's bullying Mommy and her bastard.
April 24, 2016
Did anyone read the second letter? It was from a spoiled brat who whined that her mother wanted her to pick an inexpensive dress. She cried that her mother needed to understand that it was "her prom".

I'd've marched that brat over to the nearest thrift store and bought her a nice prom gown, circa 1991.
April 24, 2016
JoJo
Did anyone read the second letter? It was from a spoiled brat who whined that her mother wanted her to pick an inexpensive dress. She cried that her mother needed to understand that it was "her prom".

I'd've marched that brat over to the nearest thrift store and bought her a nice prom gown, circa 1991.

It was hard for me to tell what the situation was. If it was a matter of costs, the girl is being a brat and she should be told to buy it herself if she wants something more expensive. If, on the other hand, it was a case of "get something I like or get it yourself," the moo sounds controlling. Either pay for it or don't, and set a limit, but don't use it as a control tactic because someone dares have a different opinion.
April 27, 2016
yurble
JoJo

It was hard for me to tell what the situation was. If it was a matter of costs, the girl is being a brat and she should be told to buy it herself if she wants something more expensive. If, on the other hand, it was a case of "get something I like or get it yourself," the moo sounds controlling. Either pay for it or don't, and set a limit, but don't use it as a control tactic because someone dares have a different opinion.

No lie, I was advised by my mother to sell hot dogs at the circus when it came into town to pay for my prom stuff. And that's just what I did. Made 300 bucks. Not bad for the late 80s.

I drew the line though when my mom, after calling her to say DH proposed, told me to look for a used dress in the paper for under a hundred dollars. In the end she got off easy. My beautiful pure silk dress was 500 and included alterations. And the bridal shop was not happy to re-attach two layers of jet beading. But that was all she paid for my bridal wear. I picked up the cost of shoes, veil, hair stylish that came to my hotel room (she did a beautiful job too).

In the end, as I walked through the Harrah's lobby, my sister said all eyes were on me like in Pretty Woman. So that was nice at least for the low cost Vegas wedding I settled for my(again no lie, it was a "hand me wedding", as my sister had gotten married at the same chapel a few years before, so it was easiest for all, as my mom explained that a wedding were I live still as my parents moved to AZ, and the majority of my family here is dead).
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login