Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Natalism and Status

Posted by freya 
Natalism and Status
April 26, 2016
Unbelievable

Claim is the reason women aren't having kids is because of status associated to working is higher. If that were true then I'd simply marry a wealthy man for status and have a butt load of kids. Short of infertility, any woman I've known who wanted kids had them regardless of the circumstances, it isn't rocket science!

Never once have I heard a woman talk about her higher status because she didn't have kids. Happiness and sanity preservation method yes, but not status.

But then he goes on to say having no children is no status:

Before you thinks that good mother status contradicts my thesis, know that low status is still some status, while having no children is no status. Have you ever read an article by childfree women? I can almost guarantee you it was complaining about how others expect them to have kids, think them odd that they don’t, or using the status of having kids to one-up them. In other words, their primary complaints are about the status hits they are taking for not having children. These status hits gnaw away at them despite having an ‘exciting, meaningful’ life of travel, work, and leisure. (Notice how they will always status signal other areas in their life to make up for this lack of status).

So, which is it?

He is in his late 20's, employed, wants the LifeScript and women always reject him per his words. A guy that conventional would be shooting fish in a barrel if it weren't for his revealing things like the blog. the finger smiley
Re: Natalism and Status
April 26, 2016
Before you thinks that good mother status

He sounds like he learned English by watching Borat.
Anonymous User
April 26, 2016
April 26, 2016
the noodler

I literally lol'd on the bus. I read that in Borat's voice. :3
April 27, 2016
the noodler

Kazakhstan!
April 27, 2016

Claim is the reason women aren't having kids is because of status associated to working is higher.

That's not true.
I already posted it in the past but...

There is a book "Germany misshandles children" (Deutschland misshandelt seine Kinder)
written by two forensic scientists.
According to the police statistics, 70 children are very badly abused and 3 die as a result of abuse per week in GER.
They state in one interview that this happens because the family is the "holy cow" in GER.

Ergo - you have the highest social status when you are married with chyldren.
In that case you are a part of "the holy family" and will get away with plenty of shit because of your status.
April 27, 2016
I think what he's trying to say is this: women are applauded for being good mothers, but some women are not eligible for this and therefore attempt to pursue status through working. Of course he undermines his argument by stating two contradictory things, namely that women are CF because working confers higher status than motherhood, and that CF women are envious of the status mothers have.

I work because I need an income, like most people. Some people may have found other alternatives that work for them. I see no reason why someone else would want to support me long-term, and I would be very worried about the impact of a period of unemployment on my future career prospects if I stopped working and later had to return to working, for instance due to a divorce or death of my partner. Of course I try to find work I enjoy, which happens to be work with a higher status and pay than, for instance, flipping burgers.

What I feel toward "good mothers" is not envy, since I don't aspire to be a mother at all. I object to parents receiving unearned benefits purely on the basis of their reproductive status because it is discriminatory. I object to the promotion of motherhood as an ideal because it leads many young women to conclude that it is mandatory when it is optional, resulting in more bad parents.

But it's easy to see this for the sexist horseshit it is if you talk about men/fathers instead of women/mothers.
April 27, 2016
Well, he's strawmanning, and that takes all the air out of any argument he clumsily tries to make.

The complaints aren't about hits to one's status; they're about privilege on one side and lack thereof on the other. That's much more basic than the social status he appears to be referencing - though thinking about it in terms of status makes it quite clear that his concept of himself and others is tainted by his narcissism goggles. Who'd've thunk? Of a 20-something male of 2016 hypothesising on social theory with minimal, if any, knowlege? /sarcasm

He's not even quite sure what kind of status he's trying to refer to - he could so easily have been a bit more precise by adding "social", as "status" is a nice little soundbite that means everything and nothing.

Social status: am I admired?
Privilege: am I entirely human?

The "hits" - the various forms of pathologising and exploiting - aim at the latter, not the former.

The reason people like to play armchair social theorists is that the terminology seems so pedestrian, so accessible. Not only don't they imagine they could be exposed as clueless - they don't even know how clueless they are. That's why you have all the amateur "geniuses" trolling their most hated minority somewhere in the sphere of pseudo social theory instead of arguing with physicists on Heisenberg's uncertainty principle. Which never happens. Funny how that works.
April 27, 2016
I have status. I'm a spoiled housewife. grinning smiley

I don't know how many working moos have told me how lucky I am, and how easy I have it, blah blah blah. I just look at them and smile, because I know that it's all true. Even housecows seem a little jealous of my lifestyle. They are stuck in drudgery, where I get to do whatever the heck I want. They try to convince me that my life isn't complete without the almighty loaf, and I just laugh quietly to myself.

The thing is? I don't really care about status. I care about happiness and living a low stress lifestyle. Those things are important to me. Oh, and keeping my husband and pets happy and well looked after. If I can do that, then I know I'm doing my part.

Also, just because your reproductive organs work doesn't mean you'll make a good moo or duh. That takes work and it's fucking hard. It's not something I'd personally sign up for. No thanks!
April 27, 2016
I left a lengthy comment on there about natalism and how it shouldn't definite a woman's status.

See if you can figure out which one is me. This is disgusting. Obviously this guy is sticking his nose and religion in where it doesn't belong. Religion is one of the reasons why women are being thrust backwards into the dark ages and are slowly loosing our rights.

I got so far and had to skim over the rest. It's utter bull$h^t, this a$$ is totally a baby worshiper. One of those people that make parents, especially mothers and their children feel like they should have everything handed to them along with udder rubs and praise.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
They are having children for selfish and narcissistic reasons, or are simply irresponsible. Funny... Those are the terms often used to describe the CF

~Live, Laugh, Love~
April 27, 2016
OMG.
I actually skimmed that dude's site and found a link in his favorite blogs to my friend's husband's wordpress blog. Kind of scary.
But yeah. Total red piller.
Anonymous User
April 27, 2016
From previous comments, I'm kind of afraid to look up "red piller" on my home computer. Will someone tell me what it means, please grinning smiley ?
April 27, 2016
onlyanimalsnohumans
From previous comments, I'm kind of afraid to look up "red piller" on my home computer. Will someone tell me what it means, please grinning smiley ?

I'll try, but my understanding is limited.

They think men only get better in all ways as they get older and women start to decline after around age 25
Most of them claim to be having sex with multiple women half their age none of whom they are in a relationship with
Not caring causes women to flock to them
They refer to women by numbers and pre-wall/post-wall
They think all women are after them for their money but
There was no legitimate indication that any of them had left their mother's basement
Think the reality is more like this
April 28, 2016
Thanks for the explanation.

Red Piller = Men Who Hate WomenTM
April 28, 2016
The term is taken from the Matrix. They think they are the only ones who can see the truth of the matriarchy which is trying to deprive them of their natural status as men. Some of the worst ones think rape should not be a crime.
Anonymous User
April 28, 2016
Well, they sound nice. Thanks for the explanation. I would NOT have enjoyed my search.
April 28, 2016
I tried opening the link several times, but all I got was a weird, black, empty page. I wonder if he took it down? Maybe he read the comments here. Wouldn't that be a stitch? grinning smiley
April 29, 2016
mrs. chinaski
Thanks for the explanation.

Red Piller = Men Who Hate WomenTM

I apologize for not providing a definition. I know I had also just read something on the red pillers and I was afraid I may have misused the term. Sort of like what is the definition of obscene with RPs.... I can't define it but I know it when i see it .

Further perusal of that site led me to tap on the "Red Pill Wife" link and it was unavailable.
April 29, 2016
I can't believe the sheer gall of this dung beetle.

For your info, Alpha Jerkoff, childfree women often have the lowest status because we don't want kids. Who gets prime parking spaces and bus seats? Special coupon offers? Famblee discounts? Extra tax deductions? Milking rooms? Beast-feeding cafes for crying out loud?! And we don't work because we're foaming at the mouth with envy for the childed. We work because we need to keep ourselves housed and fed just as much as anyone who also has Pampers and kindercrap tacked onto their expenses. In a society that puffs itself up about being progressive, getting knocked up is looked at as the crowning glory of a woman's existence, especially among those fundies who seem to have swallowed a few red pills themselves. We're supposed to be nothing but fetus incubators for vile narcissistic men like yourself who want to pump out a horde of DNA replicants. Which is exactly why you shouldn't be spawning in the first place.

Please go stick your micro-dick in a cactus.
April 29, 2016
The only way this man is going to find himself a woman cow to breed with is if he goes to the LDS church cult!
Where women are bred and brainwashed to believe that their only purpose in life is to breed and be a haus kau.

He's already so brainwashed by the church and 'invisible sky daddy' that he would fit right in!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
They are having children for selfish and narcissistic reasons, or are simply irresponsible. Funny... Those are the terms often used to describe the CF

~Live, Laugh, Love~
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login