Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

City in WI threatens to fine parents of bullies

Posted by Anonymous User 
http://www.rawstory.com/2016/04/school-yard-bullies-are-about-to-cost-their-parents-a-hefty-fine-in-wisconsin/

Oh, I can already HEAR the entitled parents of bullying brats whining about the injustice. This will be good ...
Re: City in WI threatens to fine parents of bullies
April 28, 2016
Get your popcorn ready!!! grinning smiley

Why live in a fishbowl, when you could be swimming in the ocean?

"She, and all other rabid breeders, are like crabs in a bucket headed to Red Lobster. When they see a smarter crab escaping, they try to pull it back in." - Miss Hannigan

"Yeah, that's what family is about - guilt tripping people into cleaning up someone else's mess." - mrs. chinaski

(Shameless blog promotion: http://popcornculturejunkie.wordpress.com/)

(Cornucopia of visual rantage: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCD78oSD27mzAlVzsB0q2ibA)
April 28, 2016
I love how one of the idiot commenters say they should fine the teachers, not the parents of the bullies. What makes me think he's a bullying parent himself?

I think this is a brilliant idea. Hit 'em in the pocketbook, right where it hurts. Bullying is a parental fail, so they should definitely be made to pay up.
April 28, 2016
leave the teachers out of it.
if teachers actually dealt with these bullying pieces of human shit they would be jailed, fined, ostracized and all by the outraged sanctimonious moo and duh of said piece of shit.

two cents ¢¢

CERTIFIED HOSEHEAD!!!

people (especially women) do not give ONE DAMN about what they inflict on children and I defy anyone to prove me wrong

Dysfunctional relationships almost always have a child. The more dysfunctional, the more children.

The selfish wants of adults outweigh the needs of the child.

Some mistakes cannot be fixed, but some mistakes can be 'fixed'.

People who say they sleep like a baby usually don't have one. Leo J. Burke

Adoption agencies have strict criteria (usually). Breeders, whose combined IQ's would barely hit triple digits, have none.
April 28, 2016
I've been saying this for years. Let the bully's parents pay for expensive sneakers for all his victims. Or therapy, but I like the idea of rubbing it in the bully's face.
April 28, 2016
Ohhh, I can't wait to hear the screaming from parents. After all, their widdle dumplings would never cause any trouble! Obviously the other kid is making shit up, or the teacher is targeting their precious cherub because (insert reason, race card if applicable). Parents of bullies will always defend their little bastards because the parents are most likely bullies themselves and I'm sure they'll fight and kick and do everything they can to not pay fines and then complain about how they were bullied by the system and unfairly targeted because their child is "spirited" or "willful". That, or they'll fish for an autism diagnosis so they can have a 'get out of jail free' card. "But you can't fine me for my child's behavior! He has autisssmmmmm! He didn't know any better! I know he broke his classmate's neck and that student has to be in a wheelchair for the rest of their life now, but they must have provoked Cuntley in some way, so they deserved it."

I'd like to know what happens if the parents don't pay the fines. Do they go to jail?

The teachers can't do shit. They used to be able to kinda sorta deal with bullies, but parents have bitched so much that teachers have been rendered pretty much powerless. If a kid is beating the fuck out of his classmate, all a teacher can do is tell him to stop. If he doesn't, then the principal can come tell him to stop. You can't touch a goddamn kid now because the parents will fucking sue the district. And if a bullying victim stands up and beats the piss out of a bully, the victim gets punished for defending themselves and doling out some well-deserved come-uppance. Oh sure, schools will occasionally have little presentations on bullying: why it's bad, who you should talk to about it, what you should do, etc. But nobody ever fucking does anything when it happens, and the parents of these assholes don't care because the kid probably learned to be a dick from them.

It's no secret that a lot of school shooters are the victims of bullying either, and while I certainly can't complain about a piece of shit bully getting their brains splattered across the history room, school shooters also tend to go on killing sprees and just kill anyone they look at - people who did nothing to them. If school shootings only ended with bullies being blown away and no one else, I might almost be in favor of them.
April 28, 2016
I'm pleasantly surprised to see this is in Shawano, only an hour from these parts. Surprising because this part of Wisconsin isn't known for progressive ideas; it's full of "ignorant and proud of it" people. It's an excellent idea to fine the parents of the little monsters since that is probably the only way they will get the message. This "kids will be kids" stuff shouldn't be acceptable anymore.
April 28, 2016
I always say that instead of calling it "bullying", call it what it actually is: assault, battery, verbal abuse, emotional abuse, psychological abuse, extortion, blackmail, attempted murder, etc. Instead of some sugarcoated child-friendly blanket term, use the same exact legal terms that would be used if the kids were adults engaging in this behavior. Felonious behavior that would be met with arrests, court dates, expensive lawyers, judges, jail/prison sentences, fines, probations, criminal records, and a lifetime of stigma. Good luck on getting a decent job or voting when you're a violent felon/ex-con.

Schools now have police officer patrol thanks to school shootings; why not get them to put the fear of God into bullies? Better to nip that shit in the bud than have to go into emergency mode when the victim brings an assault rifle and endless bullets to school.

------------------------------------------------------------
"Why children take so long to grow? They eat and drink like pig and give nothing back. Must find way to accelerate process..."
- Dr. Yi Suchong, Bioshock

"Society does not need more children; but it does need more loved children. Quite literally, we cannot afford unloved children - but we pay heavily for them every day. There should not be the slightest communal concern when a woman elects to destroy the life of her thousandth-of-an-ounce embryo. But all society should rise up in alarm when it hears that a baby that is not wanted is about to be born."
- Garrett Hardin

"I feel like there's a message involved here somehow, but then I couldn't stop laughing at all the plotholes, like the part when North Korea has food."
- Youtube commentor referring to a North Korean cartoon.

"Reality is a bitch when it slowly crawls out of your vagina and shits in your lap."
- Reddit comment

"Bitch wants a baby, so we're gonna fuck now. #bareback"
- Cambion

Oh whatever. Abortion doctors are crimestoppers."
- Miss Hannigan
April 28, 2016
Sorry folks, this is a damn stupid idea. "Bullying" is vague.

I fear that laws like these will lead to First Amendment restrictions, and they will eventually be expanded to be used against us, and not the actual bullies. (ie., CF'ers are "bullies" because they don't give out Halloween candy, ignore babystalking, don't permit children to trespass on their property, are un-friendly toward 'bring your child to work day' and other such nonsense...)

paragon schnitzophonic
I always say that instead of calling it "bullying", call it what it actually is: assault, battery, verbal abuse, emotional abuse, psychological abuse, extortion, blackmail, attempted murder, etc. Instead of some sugarcoated child-friendly blanket term, use the same exact legal terms that would be used if the kids were adults engaging in this behavior.

I agree completely. And instead of creating new, expensive "bullying" legislation, why not just enforce the laws that are already on the books? The bolded terms are completely illegal in every state. And in terms of verbal abuse, emotional abuse... many states also have statutes against stalking, harassment, etc.

Just enforce those laws. And the mainstream media should report it for what it is. It wasn't bullying, it was extortion. It was assault & battery. It was attempted murder. And those who commit these crimes deserve harsh sentences.
April 28, 2016
The bully's parents will not get fined. The victim's parents will get fined when the victim finally snaps and fights back.
April 28, 2016
StudioFiftyFour
Sorry folks, this is a damn stupid idea. "Bullying" is vague.

I fear that laws like these will lead to First Amendment restrictions, and they will eventually be expanded to be used against us, and not the actual bullies. (ie., CF'ers are "bullies" because they don't give out Halloween candy, ignore babystalking, don't permit children to trespass on their property, are un-friendly toward 'bring your child to work day' and other such nonsense...)

paragon schnitzophonic
I always say that instead of calling it "bullying", call it what it actually is: assault, battery, verbal abuse, emotional abuse, psychological abuse, extortion, blackmail, attempted murder, etc. Instead of some sugarcoated child-friendly blanket term, use the same exact legal terms that would be used if the kids were adults engaging in this behavior.

I agree completely. And instead of creating new, expensive "bullying" legislation, why not just enforce the laws that are already on the books? The bolded terms are completely illegal in every state. And in terms of verbal abuse, emotional abuse... many states also have statutes against stalking, harassment, etc.

Just enforce those laws. And the mainstream media should report it for what it is. It wasn't bullying, it was extortion. It was assault & battery. It was attempted murder. And those who commit these crimes deserve harsh sentences.

This. I have an acquaintance whose kid was recently "bullied." I've met this kid and hear way too much about him. He is an entitled, bratty devil-spawn. He's also a tattletale. He recently got popped in the mouth by another kid at school. My acquaintance is crying that he has been bullied. More like some kid finally got sick of his shit and hit the little fucker. To use the same word for this that one would use for a kid getting gang assaulted is abhorrent. We all had interpersonal conflicts in school, but most of us were left to work it out. I don't know how I would have turned out if my best friend betraying me in 3rd grade and making a new best friend and then yelling at me had been labeled "emotional abuse" and been arbitrated by adults. I'm pretty sure that any adult involvement would have harmed my resiliance and emotional intelligence. I'm also sure that any interferance would have harmed our ability to have mature friendships by not letting us learn from our immature friendships.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login