Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Being A Moo Is The Toughest Job In The World. We Know.

Posted by freya 
Being A Moo Is The Toughest Job In The World. We Know.
May 21, 2016
Re: Being A Moo Is The Toughest Job In The World. We Know.
May 22, 2016
This article is two years old but there are some good points from the parent comments that might come in handy.
May 22, 2016
I used to work in marketing for a certain women's clothing company and let me tell you, everything she says about pandering to the mommy crowd--and more--is true.

Part of the description of our target customer was something like this: "She's a mom and doesn't get very much time to herself, so we want to be the place she drops whatever is left of her paycheck after she burns most of it on Shitleigh's hand-sequined pageant dresses or Shitford's ukulele lessons." Every campaign had a sappy famblee message behind it. It was blasphemy to think that some women in the demographic they were targeting were possibly CL or CF. Parental status determined how they were marketed to. "She's got kyds, so she does this. She's got kyds, so she likes that. She's got kyds, so..." on and on and on. Any bloggers they used had to be moms. When they collected handwritten comments that were solicited from customers in their stores, there was all this mooing and lowing about how the clothes were "so easy to throw on and go for busy moms", "great for mom bodies" and similar tripe. Moo Day was more lucrative than even (gasp) Giftmas. They also had a saccharine campaign about memorable outfits that made these women feel beautiful and half the stories were from piggos. The brand was breederific and so was the office. You've probably guessed that this was a place where bizzy mawms could waltz in and out whenever they wanted "because chyyyyuld", and if you did, you're right. You're also right if you guessed there was a milking room. Anything to practice what they preached about putting breeders on a pedestal and suck in employees (most of whom were moos or wannamoos) as loyal customers while they were at it. I won't be surprised if I hear that place installed a birthing suite.

Moral of the story: companies don't so this pseudo-sentimental crap because they actually have a soul. They do it to bleed money out of easy targets.
May 22, 2016
aes sedai
I used to work in marketing for a certain women's clothing company and let me tell you, everything she says about pandering to the mommy crowd--and more--is true.

Part of the description of our target customer was something like this: "She's a mom and doesn't get very much time to herself, so we want to be the place she drops whatever is left of her paycheck after she burns most of it on Shitleigh's hand-sequined pageant dresses or Shitford's ukulele lessons." Every campaign had a sappy famblee message behind it. It was blasphemy to think that some women in the demographic they were targeting were possibly CL or CF. Parental status determined how they were marketed to. "She's got kyds, so she does this. She's got kyds, so she likes that. She's got kyds, so..." on and on and on. Any bloggers they used had to be moms. When they collected handwritten comments that were solicited from customers in their stores, there was all this mooing and lowing about how the clothes were "so easy to throw on and go for busy moms", "great for mom bodies" and similar tripe. Moo Day was more lucrative than even (gasp) Giftmas. They also had a saccharine campaign about memorable outfits that made these women feel beautiful and half the stories were from piggos. The brand was breederific and so was the office. You've probably guessed that this was a place where bizzy mawms could waltz in and out whenever they wanted "because chyyyyuld", and if you did, you're right. You're also right if you guessed there was a milking room. Anything practice what they preached about putting breeders on a pedestal and suck in employees (most of whom were moos or wannamoos) as loyal customers while they were at it. I won't be surprised if I hear that place installed a birthing suite.

Moral of the story: companies don't so this pseudo-sentimental crap because they actually have a soul. They do it to bleed money out of the easy targets.

Those jeans:
N...YDJ

Had a saleswoman recommend them to me one time and when she elaborated on the acronym I said, no thanks! I'm too young to have a teenaged daughter! I was shocked a company would purposely narrow down their target audience to mahms with teenaged daughters. Seems a bit limiting for the bottom line.

Shopping would feel like paradise compared to the constant drudgery moos spend their time doing. Paradise to me is hitting the trails, cooking, photography, etc. Childfree have different ideas about paradise, which makes it more difficult to market to us.

There is an outdoor mall near where I live. I don't go to it often and walked down one of the side streets and it is a Gymboree, a similar daycare/fun center, a get moo back in shape place, a place to paint ceramics, a tutor center and a couple of children's clothing stores. And an expensive ice cream place. Just a few years ago none of these places existed. Guess they've figured out marketing to moos is the most lucrative. They've self-selected down to the point where only the moo and duh set even need to go on the road (or clueless people like me). I was there last Sunday and boy were the daycare, Gymboree type places full of jumping cancer curers.
May 23, 2016
freya
aes sedai

Part of the description of our target customer was something like this: "She's a mom and doesn't get very much time to herself, so we want to be the place she drops whatever is left of her paycheck after she burns most of it on Shitleigh's hand-sequined pageant dresses or Shitford's ukulele lessons." Every campaign had a sappy famblee message behind it. It was blasphemy to think that some women in the demographic they were targeting were possibly CL or CF. Parental status determined how they were marketed to. "She's got kyds, so she does this. She's got kyds, so she likes that. She's got kyds, so..." on and on and on. Any bloggers they used had to be moms. When they collected handwritten comments that were solicited from customers in their stores, there was all this mooing and lowing about how the clothes were "so easy to throw on and go for busy moms", "great for mom bodies" and similar tripe. Moo Day was more lucrative than even (gasp) Giftmas. They also had a saccharine campaign about memorable outfits that made these women feel beautiful and half the stories were from piggos. The brand was breederific and so was the office. You've probably guessed that this was a place where bizzy mawms could waltz in and out whenever they wanted "because chyyyyuld", and if you did, you're right. You're also right if you guessed there was a milking room. Anything practice what they preached about putting breeders on a pedestal and suck in employees (most of whom were moos or wannamoos) as loyal customers while they were at it. I won't be surprised if I hear that place installed a birthing suite.

Moral of the story: companies don't so this pseudo-sentimental crap because they actually have a soul. They do it to bleed money out of the easy targets.

Those jeans:
N...YDJ

Had a saleswoman recommend them to me one time and when she elaborated on the acronym I said, no thanks! I'm too young to have a teenaged daughter! I was shocked a company would purposely narrow down their target audience to mahms with teenaged daughters. Seems a bit limiting for the bottom line.

Shopping would feel like paradise compared to the constant drudgery moos spend their time doing. Paradise to me is hitting the trails, cooking, photography, etc. Childfree have different ideas about paradise, which makes it more difficult to market to us.

There is an outdoor mall near where I live. I don't go to it often and walked down one of the side streets and it is a Gymboree, a similar daycare/fun center, a get moo back in shape place, a place to paint ceramics, a tutor center and a couple of children's clothing stores. And an expensive ice cream place. Just a few years ago none of these places existed. Guess they've figured out marketing to moos is the most lucrative. They've self-selected down to the point where only the moo and duh set even need to go on the road (or clueless people like me). I was there last Sunday and boy were the daycare, Gymboree type places full of jumping cancer curers.

Thus is why I shop online if at all possible. I hate the little screaming fuckers and their spaced out cows.

+++++++++++++

Passive Aggressive
Master Of Anti-brat
Excuses!
May 24, 2016
I had a couple pair of NYDJs because I hated the extreme lowriders of most denim brands. I have a long torso and don't want to have to worry about needing a Brazilian to wear jeans.

Now the mid rise and even high rise is back and I have ditched them. I never particularly cared for them; they did not last for the price and I wore their leggings as skinny jeans because of the fit. .

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
From a bottle cap message on a Magic Hat #9 beer: Condoms Prevent Minivans
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I want to pick up a bus full of unruly kids and feed them gummi bears and crack, then turn them loose in Hobby Lobby to ransack the place. They will all be wearing T shirts that say "You Could Have Prevented This."
May 24, 2016
navi8orgirl
I had a couple pair of NYDJs because I hated the extreme lowriders of most denim brands. I have a long torso and don't want to have to worry about needing a Brazilian to wear jeans.

Now the mid rise and even high rise is back and I have ditched them. I never particularly cared for them; they did not last for the price and I wore their leggings as skinny jeans because of the fit. .

Yikes, they are expensive too! I found INC brand at Macys, which work for me and have amazing sales several times a year. If you haven't already, check them out.
May 24, 2016
craftyzits
freya
aes sedai

Those jeans:
N...YDJ

Thus is why I shop online if at all possible. I hate the little screaming fuckers and their spaced out cows.

I like online but jeans can be tricky for fit. Overall there aren't many children at thrift stores, which is where I buy skirts, shirts and some shoes. Every once in a while a real character comes in the thrift store and buzzes around the aisles. I've thought about taking pictures of the kid throwing fits and laughing (I wouldn't really do this but one can dream).
May 26, 2016
I also bought a pair if NYDJ jeans after not finding ANYTHING that fit. They're good but not worth $125. Where are you guys finding reasonably-priced high-rise jeans, because I can't find them anywhere.

--------------------
"[GFG's pregnancy is] kind of like at the stables where that one dumb, ugly-ass mare broke out of her corral one day and got herself screwed by the equally fugly colt that was due to be gelded the same afternoon."- Shiny
May 26, 2016
I find the fancy expensive jeans are the only ones that fit me in the hips and ass, I find them at a local thrift store. The people who do the pricing don't know how expensive some of the jeans are and price them around $2.99-$6.99.

Once tried on 19 pairs of jeans and not a single pair fit.

Miss_Hannigan (or anyone else) pm me for the name and address of the thrift store
May 26, 2016
I was totally thinking about the most important job in the world slogan we use. I couldn't believe last night I was watching Mike Tyson Mysteries and it was all about how to figure out what the noise a moo's minivan was making and they had to go all around with this woman and pick up her numerous children and Pigeon, voiced by Norm Macdonald was just ohmygosh using all of our slang words. I don't know the name of the episode but it was hilarious and one of the characters actually actually said it's the most important job in the world, sarcastically of course.
the noodler
I was totally thinking about the most important job in the world slogan we use. I couldn't believe last night I was watching Mike Tyson Mysteries and it was all about how to figure out what the noise a moo's minivan was making and they had to go all around with this woman and pick up her numerous children and Pigeon, voiced by Norm Macdonald was just ohmygosh using all of our slang words. I don't know the name of the episode but it was hilarious and one of the characters actually actually said it's the most important job in the world, sarcastically of course.

Hah, I watched the same episode last night, too!

------------------------------------------------------------
"Why children take so long to grow? They eat and drink like pig and give nothing back. Must find way to accelerate process..."
- Dr. Yi Suchong, Bioshock

"Society does not need more children; but it does need more loved children. Quite literally, we cannot afford unloved children - but we pay heavily for them every day. There should not be the slightest communal concern when a woman elects to destroy the life of her thousandth-of-an-ounce embryo. But all society should rise up in alarm when it hears that a baby that is not wanted is about to be born."
- Garrett Hardin

"I feel like there's a message involved here somehow, but then I couldn't stop laughing at all the plotholes, like the part when North Korea has food."
- Youtube commentor referring to a North Korean cartoon.

"Reality is a bitch when it slowly crawls out of your vagina and shits in your lap."
- Reddit comment

"Bitch wants a baby, so we're gonna fuck now. #bareback"
- Cambion

Oh whatever. Abortion doctors are crimestoppers."
- Miss Hannigan
May 26, 2016
paragon schnitzophonic
the noodler

Hah, I watched the same episode last night, too!

That episode was so funny that it prompted me to go to the cable company today to get an additional digital receiver because I wasn't able to pick up that channel on the bedroom TV and my poor tired husband missed it!

IIRC, Pigeon's response to TMIJITW or Hardest JITW was " you know who has the hardest job in the world? The dad. Because he has to do all of this and he has to actually go to work."

I nearly pissed myself laughing.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login