Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Seriously? A death announcement... for Vegitina?

Posted by starlady 
Seriously? A death announcement... for Vegitina?
May 24, 2016
Tonight I saw Vegitina's grandmother at a social function. She was showing everyone a 5 by 7 inch card. So I looked. She said "this is the card my DIL sent out to all their friends and family"

I looked. It was like a Christmas card... with a picture of the entire family... all 7 kids, including Veg.. with Moo and Duh. Then 3 other pics of Veg with her tubes and miss shaped head. On it was printed her name and date of birth and date of death. Yes, it was a 'death announcement!! Those people sent this card to all their friends and family like it was a birth or marriage announcement.

All I could think of was... 'I need to go and tell all the folks on Bratfree about THIS'
Re: Seriously? A death announcement... for Vegitina?
May 24, 2016
Poor Vegetina. I am sure they will also organize an anniversary memorial service for her -
“death-versary”....
May 24, 2016
mrs. chinaski
“death-versary”

That sounds like Beetlejuice mated with Alice In Wonderland.

Meaning, I might have to steal it.winking smiley
May 24, 2016
They will probably 'honor' Veg's passing by going to the clinic and using a few more ofthose frozen embi-tina's and pop out another set of twins.

Told this in a whisper to a CF friend who was looking at the pic with me.

She said "When people have famlies like that it makes me feel like it makes up for the population that we didn't contribute. THAT kind of stuff is selfish"

I added that "Death announcements are not too cool either"

And she agreed as we pretended to care. The card was all pink and had fancy writing and the pics of Veg were really..... well.... not pictures everyone would want to be looking at. It was a deformed head with tubes coming out.... all dressed like a dollbaby and propped up for the world to see.
May 24, 2016
@ aes sedai: Don't worry..I stole it too smiling bouncing smiley

@ Again, poor Vegetina. She couldn't live in dignity and now she cannot be dead in dignity.
May 24, 2016
starlady
They will probably 'honor' Veg's passing by going to the clinic and using a few more ofthose frozen embi-tina's and pop out another set of twins.

But don't you know, these will be the magical mystical "rainbow babies" (Cthulhu's balls how I despise that term) who piss sunshine and fart Skittles. GoFuckMe for rainbow baby IVF going up in three...two....one......
May 24, 2016
Some cultures use death announcements. We had one for my father when he died. When my mother died, we designed the card, used one of her old Hollywood publicity photos, and had her sign off on the layout about 2 weeks before she passed. We had them professionally printed, and sent them out to all the family and friends overseas. It went into the genealogy book one of my cousins keeps. The envelopes have black stripes on the outside, to notify the recipient that it is a death notice.

Different strokes for different folks.
May 24, 2016
Peace
Some cultures use death announcements. We had one for my father when he died. When my mother died, we designed the card, used one of her old Hollywood publicity photos, and had her sign off on the layout about 2 weeks before she passed. We had them professionally printed, and sent them out to all the family and friends overseas. It went into the genealogy book one of my cousins keeps. The envelopes have black stripes on the outside, to notify the recipient that it is a death notice.

Different strokes for different folks.

I understand the notice for people who might not find out otherwise or can't possibly attend the funeral/memorial, as with someone overseas; what you describe sounds very dignified and appropriate.

Pink and fancy and Christmas card-like does not sound dignified. It sounds like a typical breeder plea for attention and udder rubs.
May 25, 2016
""Pink and fancy and Christmas card-like does not sound dignified. It sounds like a typical breeder plea for attention and udder rubs.""

EXACTLY! This did not look like a memorial card. It looked like an invitation to a birthday party or something and it was in a PINK envelope to boot. No black lines on that sucker. It was all pink... and had a big pic of the fambly at the top (all 9 of them) and then 4 other smaller pics of 'Veg' dressed in little outfits. In the middle in white swirly text was her full name.. date of birth... date of death and some verse about 'our little angel'. The grandmoo said they sent out over 200 of them because she helped address the envelopes. Yep.. attention whoring at it's finest I would say. I have seen the little memorial cards done by funeral homes and announcements in the paper but this is way over the top in my opinion. I dunno... maybe it's something these moos now. I just find it in bad taste.
May 25, 2016
Death announcements aren't necessarily bad across the board. I have seen some that were very classy and professional, with lovely photos of the deceased at important milestones of life, with an obituary type of write-up.

Making it look like a child's bday invite is tacky.

Poor ol' Veg. Even in death they won't leave her alone. Poor kid.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login