Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Dieing to keep up the suburban lifestyle.

Posted by thom_c 
Dieing to keep up the suburban lifestyle.
May 25, 2016
http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/crime/repo-man-charged-with-manslaughter-after-woman-dies-in-crash/ar-BBttMJg?li=BBnbfcL

Hard to have sympathy for either.

Repo man charged with manslaughter after woman dies in crash

SALT LAKE CITY — A Utah repossession agent was charged with manslaughter after prosecutors said he forced a mother from a road in her SUV during a reckless, high-speed pursuit while trying to take back the vehicle.

Defendant Kenneth Drew appeared in court Wednesday in Provo after being charged with second-degree manslaughter in the death of 35-year-old Ashleigh Best, a mother of two who died after crashing into a tree.

Loni DeLand, an attorney for the 49-year-old Drew, declined comment.

Prosecutors say the crash occurred on May 17 in Pleasant Grove, south of Salt Lake City, when Drew went to Best's house around midnight after she fell behind on title loan payments.

Best's husband Brennen Best stepped between the tow truck and SUV, and the two men argued until Drew agreed to leave the SUV alone to allow the couple time to make a payment and return with proof, charging documents show.

A short time later, Best got in her SUV and drove away. Her husband told police he had instructed her to drive the SUV to her mother's house.

Drew later told police he was angry about the deception and sped after her in his tow truck with his girlfriend in the passenger's seat. A neighbor's security camera shows Drew trying to force Best against a curb as both cars accelerated.

Later in the chase, prosecutors say Drew drove alongside Best's SUV, grinding his rear right tire into her door. Going faster than 50 mph, Best jumped a curb and smashed into a tree. She died a short time later.

A phone listing for the Best family couldn't be found.

rest at link above

The obligatory go fund me https://www.gofundme.com/24s4dcs

Local edition http://www.deseretnews.com/article/865654423/Pleasant-Grove-woman-dies-in-crash-while-fleeing-repo-man-police-say.html?pg=all

I have heard it can REALLY be dangerous being a repo employee. They have been shot for going after vehicles, but the guy had no right to play movie style police officer. That being said when you owe on anything and can't pay you have to be prepared to lose it. It is not fully yours until it is fully paid for.
Re: Dieing to keep up the suburban lifestyle.
May 26, 2016
cfdavep
I have heard it can REALLY be dangerous being a repo employee. They have been shot for going after vehicles, but the guy had no right to play movie style police officer. That being said when you owe on anything and can't pay you have to be prepared to lose it. It is not fully yours until it is fully paid for.

But it is a job that THEY CHOSE TO DO, but like many of those type jobs, a lot of it is guys who got oopsed by their girlfriends and have to pay child support. That's right, keep it in your pants, and you will have much better career choices.

Perhaps if these moos chose regular sedans and coupes that don't cost so much, they might not be owing so much money to have repossessed.

Thom, I do have to be on the moos side this time, though. The repo man admitted he was so angry, he didn't have to go after her, especially if the couple agreed to make payments. There's plenty of time to get the SUV again.
May 27, 2016
About the go fund me page:
Talk about marrying someone who looks like her twin!
May 31, 2016
went to Best's house around midnight after she fell behind on title loan payments.

So she was living beyond her means, got a high interest loan because they can't get it anywhere else (because they can't pay their bills) and used their car as collateral. Then could not pay the loan and are upset when the repo man comes knocking?

GFM was 11k and is already over 12k. Should last around a month, tops.

The repo man was wrong in this case, absolutely. But moo would be alive today if they were responsible spenders.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
From a bottle cap message on a Magic Hat #9 beer: Condoms Prevent Minivans
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I want to pick up a bus full of unruly kids and feed them gummi bears and crack, then turn them loose in Hobby Lobby to ransack the place. They will all be wearing T shirts that say "You Could Have Prevented This."
May 31, 2016
Hey, look at the mortgage loan crash, 2008? caused by increasing loans to people who could never pay back.
also, the start of it is egotistical parunts who want their cake and eat it too and can't afford it.
they should have bought a piece of shit and put up with that, but noo, they have to have the eye candy.
yeah, the guy shouldn't have forced the cunt off the road but it never would have been set in motion if these narc parunts had lived within their means.

two cents ¢¢

CERTIFIED HOSEHEAD!!!

people (especially women) do not give ONE DAMN about what they inflict on children and I defy anyone to prove me wrong

Dysfunctional relationships almost always have a child. The more dysfunctional, the more children.

The selfish wants of adults outweigh the needs of the child.

Some mistakes cannot be fixed, but some mistakes can be 'fixed'.

People who say they sleep like a baby usually don't have one. Leo J. Burke

Adoption agencies have strict criteria (usually). Breeders, whose combined IQ's would barely hit triple digits, have none.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login